PDA

View Full Version : RB Chris Brown returns to Titans

Sveen
06-19-2007, 04:09 AM
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (June 18, 2007) -- Chris Brown, the running back who lost his starting job to Travis Henry last season, has agreed to a one-year deal bringing him back to the Tennessee Titans.

Brown, who found himself on the bench watching Henry rush for 1,211 yards in 2006, spent the offseason visiting with other teams and had narrowed his choices down to his hometown Chicago Bears and Tennessee. Agent Ryan Morgan said the Titans offer an opportunity.

Source: http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/TEN/10229698

Addict
06-19-2007, 04:25 AM
good for the titans, it will still be a long year but at least they won't be forced to depend on White.

Sveen
06-19-2007, 04:47 AM
Agree. Having Brown returns will help a lot since they won't have to rely as much on LenDale White and Chris Henry.

draftguru151
06-19-2007, 09:09 AM
Good, they'll have a RB for 4 weeks.

eacantdraft
06-19-2007, 09:32 AM
The guy is finished. This is not going to improve the Titans at all except for another body in training camp.

Don't be surprise if he is cut before the opening day.

Gribble
06-19-2007, 09:35 AM
Letting Travis Henry go is really gonna come back and hurt them.

princefielder28
06-19-2007, 09:52 AM
And a sigh of relief for the Titans b/c they were looking rather thin there but LenDale has been trying to even that out

ks_perfection
06-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Good move for both parties. I hope we still get to see Henry/White running the ball. I am very curious to see how they both perform, my money would be on the fat/lazy productive college player vs the workout warrior non-productive college player.

Geo
06-19-2007, 10:59 AM
I almost feel for Titans fans: their team spends two consecutive 2nd round picks at RB, and the best option is to re-sign Chris Brown. Yeesh.

I thought things were going to improve once the team finally parted ways with Floyd Reese, but there's certainly no indication of that yet ...

BufFan71
06-19-2007, 11:26 AM
if brown can share a load and not take all the carries, then it will reduce him gettin hit, him and Adrian peterson have the same running style...they stand straight up

if he shares the load then i think he can be successful and put up good numbers

Shiver
06-19-2007, 12:28 PM
I don't usually find PFT to be all that entertaining, but this gave me a good chuckle:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/LenWhaleTraining.jpg

With Chris Brown back on the team, Titans running back LenWhale White decides it's time to get in shape.

M.O.T.H.
06-19-2007, 12:32 PM
I don't usually find PFT to be all that entertaining, but this gave me a good chuckle:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/LenWhaleTraining.jpg

We all know that's an undoctored photo...

Shiver
06-19-2007, 12:48 PM
And he didn't change his name to LenWhale... LOL

CT Bronco Fan
06-19-2007, 03:10 PM
Why does this not get locked like the Sam Adams, Kelly Herndon, Jimmy Kenendy, Jerametrius Butler, ect. ect. threads?

Shiver
06-19-2007, 03:18 PM
Because this signing impacts LenDale White and Chris Henry. It is an interesting situation brewing in Tennessee. Whereas the players you mentioned are team forum caliber, in my opinion.

DeathbyStat
06-19-2007, 03:22 PM
Does any one know what type of offer the Bears gave him...it must not have been that good

CT Bronco Fan
06-19-2007, 03:23 PM
A back up running back is more interesting then starters for various teams? Thats a first for me. 8)

ks_perfection
06-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Does any one know what type of offer the Bears gave him...it must not have been that good

I don't know what it was, but it certainly wasn't opportunity to compete with a fat/lazy and a non productive running back for carries.

BufFan71
06-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Brown knew the area he would get the most carries was in tennessee......
Bears have Cedric Benson, so why would Brown go there besides to be on a winning team....
here he has a huge advantage over Lendale and Henry b/c of his experience and he *most likely* is in shape....

he has more potential in Tenn...

if he tears it up in Tenn, then he will cash in next off-season

and No im not a Titans fan lol

TitanHope
06-20-2007, 01:27 AM
Good, they'll have a RB for 4 weeks

*Cheers*

Chris was likely resigned to add stability and experience to the position. I doubt he'll ever start, as he could not even beat out LenDale last year for the #2 spot on the depth chart. Add to the fact he's extremely injury prone, I don't see him making a huge difference. Though, I hope I'm wrong.

We'll have a RB by committee approach, but I see Chris Henry being the most likely starter of the three.

BuckNaked
06-20-2007, 11:16 AM
When I watch Chris Brown, he usually gets tackled for a gain of 2 or 3 yards, but is also a home run threat and had a bunch of nice runs in the 2005 season when he started. He does run way to tall though, and needs to get down a little bit. That definitely makes him more injury prone. He is a talented back, and just needs to change up his running style.

BlindSite
06-20-2007, 07:09 PM
Because this signing impacts LenDale White and Chris Henry. It is an interesting situation brewing in Tennessee. Whereas the players you mentioned are team forum caliber, in my opinion.

That's a pretty fine line don't you think. Especially since LEnDale, Henry and Brown are hardly top tier running backs and the Titans, despite having Young are not a big draw card, don't you think say the signing of Herndon who's going to affect an entire division are at least as important?

TitanHope
06-21-2007, 01:24 AM
When I watch Chris Brown, he usually gets tackled for a gain of 2 or 3 yards, but is also a home run threat and had a bunch of nice runs in the 2005 season when he started. He does run way to tall though, and needs to get down a little bit. That definitely makes him more injury prone. He is a talented back, and just needs to change up his running style.

What frustrates me the most about Chris Brown is that he gets tackled sooooooo easily. When Travis Henry and LenDale White ran, they fight for the extra yard. If someone slaps Chris on the back while he's running, he falls flat on his face. I remember so many times when he'd get to the line of scrimmage, and immediately dive to the ground. If he can just get past the first tackler, he has the ability to be a 4 YPC back. And importance wise, the YPC stat is more important than the Yards stat.

Denver Bronco99
06-21-2007, 01:27 AM
TEAM FORUM

this in no way is a bigger impact then the signing of sam adams....and that was team forum...so this is also

locseti
06-21-2007, 01:45 AM
best move they've made all offseason, although thats not saying much. I really think Brown is a good back, better than most give him credit for. If he can stay healthy that is.

Staubach12
06-21-2007, 11:36 AM
TEAM FORUM

this in no way is a bigger impact then the signing of sam adams....and that was team forum...so this is also

Says the man who posted a new thread with nothing but a video of Champ Bailey.

Denver Bronco99
06-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Says the man who posted a new thread with nothing but a video of Champ Bailey.

champ bailey is better then anyone on the titans???

and arguably the best defencive player

BuckNaked
06-21-2007, 08:23 PM

But nothing happened to Bailey. . . So basically your thread was absolutely meaningless.

yo123
06-21-2007, 09:02 PM
not a bad move at all. Hes been productive in the past when healthy, and anything that might get Lendale White motivated isnt a bad move.

JK17
06-21-2007, 09:09 PM

I think that's pretty much the consensus opinion of the board...and you posting a video that could've simply been posted in a thread, let alone a sub-forum would've proved that...

Besdies, considering the Titans backfield situation with LenDale White and the rookie RB Chris Henry is of interest to more then just Titans fans, in addition to the slow NFL forum at this time, it qualifies, IMO.

Staubach12
06-22-2007, 01:30 AM

And that makes it different? Peyton Manning is the best player period, but no one's making "OMG PEYTON MANNNING IS AMAYZING!!!111" threads.

Denver Bronco99
06-22-2007, 01:31 AM
And that makes it different? Peyton Manning is the best player period, but no one's making "OMG PEYTON MANNNING IS AMAYZING!!!111" threads.

but if they did it would still be better then this thread

cunningham06
06-22-2007, 01:41 AM

Yea who would do that?

art vandelay
06-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Good move for both ends. I severely doubt the abilities of Chris Henry and they have a very thin stable of RB's. Although Brown has a glass toe, they should be able to get at least 5 games out of him.

BufFan71
06-25-2007, 06:46 AM
brown is a good HB if he can stay healthy

TankGiant
06-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Brown is an ok back and should be able to take the full load off of Landale.

Bobo
06-27-2007, 08:12 PM
The guy is finished. This is not going to improve the Titans at all except for another body in training camp.

Don't be surprise if he is cut before the opening day.

Why is he done? He didn't get much of a chance last year after the o-line was changed around (and much improved), but he's proven his ability in the past. I think he will be decent at least with this o-line.

He's had no major injury that's slowed him down. Last year was a strange situation, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he is the starter. He may not stay healthy a full season, but hey, we got 3 RB's. I expect lots of RBBC.

smittyjs
07-08-2007, 03:13 PM
I almost feel for Titans fans: their team spends two consecutive 2nd round picks at RB, and the best option is to re-sign Chris Brown. Yeesh.

I thought things were going to improve once the team finally parted ways with Floyd Reese, but there's certainly no indication of that yet ...
Reese was a great GM, but trying to keep the team together to make another superbowl run killed are cap and ruined his rep. I have faith in CB, but coaching seem to really have him in the dog house much of last year.

BufFan71
07-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Chris i think can still be a successful back in the NFL, hes got the strength, and speed, he just needs to run lower and project his body so he doesnt take all those hits

Flyboy
07-08-2007, 06:48 PM
Good, they'll have a RB for 4 weeks.

Damn you for stealing my comment.