PDA

View Full Version : Scott's Review

BPhilb
06-19-2007, 09:04 AM
Scott had a pretty good review of the Chiefs draft today and seems to have warmed a bit to their draft since the inital outlook. He did blast the Chiefs at the end though for the state of the franchise which was dissapointing. I know we have a lot of holes yet that could be better filled, but given the scheme Edwards is running in which he is trying to keep games close and give us a chance to win at the end I don't think we are nearly in the dire straits that a lot of experts are predicitng for us. I do feel that Arrowhed is almost a guarentee for 4 wins a year and we have a few more winnable games on the road and could easily see us in the playoff picture come December, what's your guy's thoughts on the upcoming season?

villagewarrior
06-19-2007, 09:49 AM
I don't think he's far off the mark. The offensive line is a huge question mark, if it fails, the team fails. Brody Croyle is unproven, and I still don't trust Huard, one 8 game stretch isn't enough to unseat 5+ years of production in my book, but, too late to ***** about that.

We have 2 corners on the team in Law and Surtain who are good but old and nothing behind them. Our most reliable safety at this point is Greg Wesley, and our receivers, while talented, are young and unproven except for Kennison and as is the case of Parker wildly inconsistent. There are just far too many qeustions about this team right now.

BPhilb
06-19-2007, 10:22 AM
I don't think he's far off the mark. The offensive line is a huge question mark, if it fails, the team fails. Brody Croyle is unproven, and I still don't trust Huard, one 8 game stretch isn't enough to unseat 5+ years of production in my book, but, too late to ***** about that.

We have 2 corners on the team in Law and Surtain who are good but old and nothing behind them. Our most reliable safety at this point is Greg Wesley, and our receivers, while talented, are young and unproven except for Kennison and as is the case of Parker wildly inconsistent. There are just far too many qeustions about this team right now.

I don't disagree with any of your remarks Village and it's easy to see the flaws. I guess the part that has me excited is that we seem to be much stronger on the DLine than in years past and I believe that is going to make our defense very strong this year. I can go a lot of directions when looking at this team, seeing us going from anywhere between 4-12 and 10-6 but it just seems that the more "experts" I read or hear are predicting a total doom and gloom scenerio for us and I just think it's a little premautre for that. Even with the areas we are young such as at safety, I don't think we will be any worse and Knight and Wesley did not perform at the well over the last two years. It's just my thoughts right now and we will know more after training camp, but I'm excited about this team as of right now.

Splat
06-19-2007, 10:37 AM
I agree with pretty much everything he said nice write up Scott.

T-RICH49
06-19-2007, 12:59 PM
well you can't please everyone with every pick but still a B is better then what some experts gave us

kmartin575
06-21-2007, 05:44 PM
I disagree with how he said we are going to have to blow up a veteran roster soon. With the departure of Trent Green, Dante Hall, Sammy Knight, William Bartee, Eric Hicks, Ryan Sims, Lawrence Tynes, Kyle Turley, Will Shields (retirement), and probably Priest Holmes in the near future it seems to me that the roster has already been "blown up". We have parted ways with the majority of our high priced, aging veterans. It seems to me that we have already blown up the roster. I think we are farther along in our rebuilding than Scott seems to think.

Bring in some youth at cornerback and offensive tackle and we are a pretty damn good team again, of course assuming Brodie Croyle develops as we all hope.

Phrost
06-21-2007, 05:48 PM
As a Buccaneers fan looking in. I must say the Chiefs are on the rise. I expect some major things from your Defense for years to come.

Splat
06-21-2007, 08:03 PM
I agree about are D ready to take off but I'm really worried about the O the line really is a big question mark as well as QB. I have been on the Croyle band wagon since we drafted him but we all know he is kinda small we really need our line to keep him up on his feet.

Hermstheman83
06-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Also, I think Scott gave us a poor grade last year. I think the world of Scott, but he totally missed on our grade last year with us 'reaching" for Tamba.

I agree with you that Kc's two big question marks are depth at cornerback, and our qb situation. I think we will have a mediocore line this year.