PDA

View Full Version : How to finish this offseason perfectly.

Mr. Stiller
06-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Simply Add Chris Patrick in the 5th/6th round of the Supp draft.

Patrick is an Athletic guy who's played LG and LT in college. He's played LT the last 1.5 seasons.

At 6'4.5 298lbs. He's an Athletic guy. He's solid in Pass protection, though not much of a mauler, he does get a quick push off the snap.

I don't know if I had posted this here, but I saw the 2008 Draft looking like this.

1) DE/OLB (Tommy Blake/Derrick Harvey)
2) LT (Tony Hills/Gosder Cherilous)
3) LG (Drew Radovich/Andrew Crummey)

Because...

DE/OLB: Timmons is likely moving to Mack(Will in a 4-3), Foote to Buck(MLB in a 4-3) Woodley is the strongside Rushbacker, but with Timmons at Mack... And Harrison already being 29/30.. We need a premier pass rusher.. a guy that can actually rush the passer, without stunts.. a guy who can straight up take on the LT. I figure Tommy Blake is our guy in round 1. Hard worker with great measurables and a nose for the QB.

LT: Marvel Smith is at a Contract fork in after the 2008 season... He's got a pinched nerve, has gone downhill and is pushing 30. He was an above average LT when in his prime, but he's not there anymore. Adding an Athletic Guy like Hills or a Juggernaut like Cherilous will give us a future at LT because I can't see Essex being that guy.

LG: With Faneca likely leaving.. the only guy that can probably be a good to great LG is Colon.. however, with him pushing people at RT/RG/C, it may not be a good idea to rely on him for so many positions. Hence Crummey/Radovich. Radovich is a Solid LG in a high powered Offense at USC... Crummey is athletic and powerful... tactician of sorts who can play any interior spot.

Heres my thought.

Grab Patrick as a LT/LG backup this season, and let him learn a season behind Faneca. We'll score him as a 5th/6th rounder (or even later.. if he gets drafted), he would be likely a 2nd rounder at least in the 2k8 draft.

That means instead of going LG with the 3rd rounder, we could potentially use it as a luxury pick. C/WR/RB/CB/DE

Andrew Crummey or Doug Legursky at C
Derek Kinder at WR
Andre Fluellen or Keilen Dykes at 3-4 DT/4-3UT
B.J. Raji at NT

mikehop05
06-19-2007, 06:12 PM
yeah good ideas, id rather grab gaither, though if he cant pass his finals with all the help he got then i dont know how he'll learn an nfl playbook

Mr. Stiller
06-19-2007, 07:43 PM
yeah good ideas, id rather grab gaither, though if he cant pass his finals with all the help he got then i dont know how he'll learn an nfl playbook

I don't have a problem with Gaither as a 6th rounder.. But frankly, Patrick has proven more in the same amount of time that Gaither is still living on his freakish measurables. If Gaither actually showed dominance on the field, I'd offer a 3rd or even possibly a 2nd.. but he's a bigger risk than Timmons at 15.

Man_Of_Steel
06-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Or we could suit Lebeau up, just throwin it out there.

DeathbyStat
06-19-2007, 10:26 PM
I think Timmons is going to make little or no impact this season.

With his injury, only taking mental reps in practice so far, a likely contract hold out and the complexity of Dick Lebeau's schemes I don't think he will make much of an impact.

I hope he proves me wrong.

brat316
06-19-2007, 11:26 PM
We nvr Really start rookies though

Mr. Stiller
06-20-2007, 02:56 PM
I think Timmons is going to make little or no impact this season.

With his injury, only taking mental reps in practice so far, a likely contract hold out and the complexity of Dick Lebeau's schemes I don't think he will make much of an impact.

I hope he proves me wrong.

I doubt Timmons will unless it's an obvious passing situation.

Woodley on the other hand.. I wouldn't put a 5-10 sack season past him, if he's learning the position as well as I've heard.

Man_Of_Steel
06-20-2007, 02:59 PM
Wow you guys are really low on Timmons. He will start for us and have a big impact. Training camp hasnt even started yet, the past weeks they werent in pads, all you need is menatl reps. Mark my words Timmons is a beast and will be phenominal this rookie season.

mikehop05
06-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Wow you guys are really low on Timmons. He will start for us and have a big impact. Training camp hasnt even started yet, the past weeks they werent in pads, all you need is menatl reps. Mark my words Timmons is a beast and will be phenominal this rookie season.

he wont be a starter right away...

he will start on nickle packages though

DeathbyStat
06-20-2007, 04:53 PM
I doubt Timmons will unless it's an obvious passing situation.

Woodley on the other hand.. I wouldn't put a 5-10 sack season past him, if he's learning the position as well as I've heard.

I totally agree with you on Woodley...I don't want to jinx him but he could be next years Mark Anderson

DeathbyStat
06-20-2007, 04:54 PM

I hope your right. But I just don't see it.

DeathbyStat
06-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Sorry for the triple post

But is there any way we could still get Paul Oliver in the supplemental draft?

I say we give up a third rounder

Mr. Stiller
06-20-2007, 05:22 PM
he wont be a starter right away...

he will start on nickle packages though

Exactly.

He was a future pick.. He's 20 and will eventually be playing Mack.

He may see some blitzes and mostly coverages... Mostly special teams time.

Mr. Stiller
06-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Sorry for the triple post

But is there any way we could still get Paul Oliver in the supplemental draft?

I say we give up a third rounder

we could.. but I don't want him.

We don't need him, we added ***... Colclough/Ike/McFadden and no one has knocked DeShea from #1.

Add that to Anthony Madison and I believe we still have Jovon Johnson.

Oliver wasn't amazing speed wise. If anything we need a guy with Speed and hands, and Oliver isn't that... Ike atleast has the speed.

I'd rather grab a 4th or 5th rounder for depth.

Another thing is.. Oliver is more of a man-to-man corner. I've seen him struggle in zone coverages..

And if he's too slow for CB, then he'd be a waste of a pick considering we have both Clark/Smith at FS.

Again, our best option would be Chris Patrick in round 5-6 so we don't need an LG next year.

Shane P. Hallam
06-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Timmons reminds me too much of Alonzo Jackson

mikehop05
06-22-2007, 04:03 PM

curse you for even bringing up that name

DeathbyStat
06-22-2007, 04:46 PM

You may have a decent point

Man_Of_Steel
06-22-2007, 05:00 PM
Timmons is much faster, instinctive and hes a quick twitch athlete, something alonzo wasnt. Not to mention Timmons has a great work ethic.

Mr. Stiller
06-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Timmons is much faster, instinctive and hes a quick twitch athlete, something alonzo wasnt. Not to mention Timmons has a great work ethic.

Alonzo Jackson:
6'4 266lbs
4.86 40'
2.82 20'
1.69 10'
14 reps
37" vert
9'6" Broad
4.50 shuttle
7.69 3-cone

Lawrence Timmons:

6'1 234lbs
4.66 40'
2.68 20'
1.50 10'
25 reps
35" Vert
10'3" Broad
4.32 Shuttle
6.92 3-Cone

Timmons is far superior workout wise. The only similarity between the 2 is they went to Florida State.

Jackson was a 4-3 DE.. Timmons was a 34WOLB/43WLB.

There is nothing in common.

Not to mention I believe Timmons is moving inside to Mack, Foote to Buck, and we'll draft another day 1 DE/OLB next year.

Man_Of_Steel
06-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Alonzo Jackson:
6'4 266lbs
4.86 40'
2.82 20'
1.69 10'
14 reps
37" vert
9'6" Broad
4.50 shuttle
7.69 3-cone

Lawrence Timmons:

6'1 234lbs
4.66 40'
2.68 20'
1.50 10'
25 reps
35" Vert
10'3" Broad
4.32 Shuttle
6.92 3-Cone

Timmons is far superior workout wise. The only similarity between the 2 is they went to Florida State.

Jackson was a 4-3 DE.. Timmons was a 34WOLB/43WLB.

There is nothing in common.

Not to mention I believe Timmons is moving inside to Mack, Foote to Buck, and we'll draft another day 1 DE/OLB next year.

Thank you, i thought i was gonna have to disagree with the whole board here, they are nothing alike.

brat316
06-22-2007, 07:49 PM
I think Timmons should pack on a few lbs. nothing wrong with taht weight, donnie Edwards plays around that Weight.

But 250 sounds good on him

Mr. Stiller
06-23-2007, 12:55 AM
I think Timmons should pack on a few lbs. nothing wrong with taht weight, donnie Edwards plays around that Weight.

Eh, I think for how he is at 234 I think he should stay around there.

Donnie Edwards manned the midfield of San Diego at 225. Derrick Brooks started at WLB for TB at 230lbs.

He's fine.. if he adds another 6 to make him 240, that would probably be his optimal weight for his height and speed.

Man_Of_Steel
06-23-2007, 09:55 AM

Timmons is one of the few rookies who are already developed, he's fine where he is, 250 wouldnt suit his style.