Seattle Supersonics 34-38
Memphis Grizzles 34-48
Minnesota Timberwolves 33-49
Sacramento Kings 31-51

Southwest Division (by PF)

Dallas Mavericks (2006 record: 67-15)
Additions: Stromile Swift, Aaron Gray, Wilson Chandler, Coleman Collins
Losses:
Notes: The best overall record in basketball last year, but didnít advance as deep as they would have liked in the playoffs. If there was a weakness on this team it was in the frontcourt, and that need was addressed with the addition of Stromile Swift in a trade with Memphis and the drafting of Pitt Center Aaron Gray. This team is probably better overall than last yearís due to the additions and I find no reason for them not be up there in wins again.
Projected wins: 65-17

San Antonio Spurs(2006 record: 58-24)
Additions: Jumaine Jones, Ali Traore, Jared Dudley, Sean Singletary
Losses:
Notes: The NBA Champions didnít make any moves other than selecting players with their three picks. A team with a nice mix of veterans and youth will return everyone, and there isnít anything that would suggest that they cannot compete for another title. Tim Duncan is still one of the top players in the league and Tony Parker really emerged as one of the leagueís best point guards with his performance throughout the playoffs.
Projected wins: 61-21

Houston Rockets (2006 record: 52-30)
Additions: Gabe Pruitt
Losses: Dikembe Mutombo, Jake Tsakalidis
Notes: Houston made the playoffs in 2006 but had an early exit to the hands of the Utah Jazz. In free agency they added nobody and lost two big men inside; neither player is a dramatic loss but depth is important as teamís progress through the season. Gabe Pruitt was a nice addition in the draft, but he is still learning how to play the point guard position and his impact early is questionable. This team still has the pieces to be a playoff contender, but they did not make any moves that would allow them to reach that next level.
Projected wins: 48-34

New Orleans/ Oklahoma City Hornets (2006 record: 39-43)
Additions: Paul Pierce, Thaddeus Young, Dominic McGuire
Losses: Hilton Armstrong, Peja Stojakovic, Desmond Mason
Notes: The Hornets were a team that contended late into the year for a playoff spot in 2006. The Hornets made a terrific trade in the off-season by sending Peja and Hilton Armstrong, a player who was buried on their bench, for perennial All-Star Paul Pierce. Pierce and Paul in the backcourt is very intimidating for visiting opponents along with emerging star David West in the frontcourt. The Hornets did lose Desmond Mason in free agency, but found a very nice replacement in Georgia Techís Thaddeus Young and Dominic McGuire was drafted for depth behind Thaddeus. From the end of the season to now the Hornets are definitely a better team and are probably at the level where they can expect to be a playoff team. They are still quite young, but the addition of a star like Paul Pierce should be enough to get them over the edge.
Projected wins: 44-38

Memphis Grizzles (2006 record: 22-60)
Additions: Marcus Williams, Gerald Wallace, Al Horford, Dorrell Wright, Danny Fortson, Charlie Bell, Brad Miller
Losses: Hakim Warrick, Dahntay Jones, Brian Cardinal, Damon Stoudamire, Stromile Swift, Mike Miller, Kyle Lowry
Notes: The Grizzles were the worst team in the NBA in 2006 with only 22 wins, but they have put in place a very nice young team with a new coach as well. This roster has some very talented players on it, but most of them are still young and have not yet reached their potential. Depth is a problem, but with future drafts and free agency that problem can be fixed. I see this team winning more games, but in a very tough Western Conference I still see them as one of the lower teams for now. In the future the story will be different but for NOW they still have to develop into a team that can compete.
Projected wins: 34-48

Northwest Division (by Windy)

Utah Jazz
Previous Record: 51-31
No big moves made however they have one of the strongest starting lineups. They do have a hole at SG and even with the addition of Afflalo, it could still be upgraded.
Projected Wins: 47-53

Portland Trailblazers
Previous Record: 32-50
Amazing additions and now a contender. Within a few years, I'd expect them to win this division.
Projected Wins: 39-43

Denver Nuggets
Previous Record: 45-37
They had an average offseason. Losing Camby is going to hurt with Nene's injury history and the unpredictability of Chris Webber. I like their Draft and some of the role players they added.
Projected Wins: 39-43

Seattle Supersonics
Previous Record: 31-51
I like their Draft a lot. They got some great players for the future. I could see them in the Playoffs again soon.
Projected Wins: 34-48

Minnesota Timberwolves
Previous Record: 32-49
They rebuilt and I like what they did. Losing Garnett is going to hurt but they do have some young stars to make up for the loss in the future.
33-49

Pacific Division (by D-Unit)

Los Angeles Lakers
Kobe and KG together will be the toughest duo in the entire league. Their dominance potential is unlimited. With the rest of the Lakers acquisitions, good luck NBA, the Lakers are BACK! At PG, Jarrett Jack is a nice young player and Chucky Atkins is a savvy vet. With a year under his belt Farmar should also continue to improve. Turkoglu is so much better than Radmanovic and he has been battle tested in the playoffs. He's a great complimentary player to Kobe and KG and should relish being the team's third option. If Mihm and Visser don't screw things up, this team should be one of the best in the league. Only thing holding them back is themselves.
Projected Record: 64-18

Phoenix Suns
As long as the Suns have Nash, Marion and Stoudemire they will be one of th top teams in the league. They didn't make a splash in the offseason, but they didn't have to. In order to beat the Spurs they needed to add toughness. They didn't appear to address that greatly, but they did at least try. Brezec is a decent player who can hold his own. I also like his fit with the team. Gomes and Powe aren't ready to have an impact on the team, but they have some promise. West was an interesting pick up but a wash compared to Banks. Koppenen needs a lot of time to develop, but has nice natural skill and smarts. I would've liked to see the PG depth address with a little more stability. Also, getting a bruising PF would have been nice. There was opportunity to get tougher and the Suns didn't address it well enough. Still one of the best teams in the league, the Suns easily make the playoffs, but their game is no mystery. Teams know what their about and thus they don't dominate like they did in 2006.
Projected Record: 52-30

Golden State Warriors
The Warriors showed something in the playoffs that was very promising. An overhaul would have been uncalled for and I'm happy to see that they stuck their core together. The acquisition of Villanueva was a masterful move. He fits their style perfectly as he can run the floor and light it up from behind the arc. They also did a good job in working with what they had. Mohammed, Hardin and Fernadez are all quality pick ups. A huge move that was overlooked was the resigning of Matt Barnes. With another year of playing together along with the solid acquisitions made in the offseason, Golden State should be primed for a big improvement over last year. The only thing is their style of play over the course of the entire season will wear them out, and it's a high risk, high reward type system. Still, I see another playoff entry.
Projected Record: 49-33

Los Angeles Clippers
The Clippers didn't do a bad job this offseason. They got rid of a lot of guys that didn't have long term keeper value and added some nice young talent. The loss of a savvy veteran like Cassell without a capable replacement will have ramifications however. Livingston will probably not play next year while still recovering from his grotesque injury. If he does, he'll have a lot of rust to work off. That leaves Collins solely in charge. Expect a big learning curve and growing pains. Seeing as they have no one with the ability to play point forward, expect a D-League call up for PG depth. The reinforcements they added are ok, but not spectacular. With the loss of leadership they lost in Cassell and Mobley, I see a drop in the standings.
Projected Record: 35-47

Sacramento Kings
The Kings went crazy this offseason and now have 5 new starters. The inexperience of playing along side each other will cause some growing pains alone. The acquisition of Carter was a head scratcher. It leaves their best player last year and their best young player period, Kevin Martin relegated to a 6th man role. Instead of building a new team around him, they built a new team over him. They lost some scoring in Bibby, but Miller and Rondo are a solid duo. Mike Miller is an underrated player, but he's very effective if given a complimentary role. That's where the good news stops. The frontcourt of Dalembert and Walker cannot stand up to the rest of the frontcourts in the West and the depth is very shallow. McRoberts is a promising prospect, but he's not able to do much as a rookie. until the frontcourt is upgraded, this team will remain in the lottery.
Projected Record: 31-51

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/a/a9/Image.econ_pms3.jpg

Eastern Division Standings

Cleveland Cavaliers 52-30
Chicago Bulls 51-31
Detroit Pistons 44-38
Washington Wizards 43-39
Miami Heat 41-41
New York Knicks 40-42
Toronto Raptors 38-44
Charlotte Bobcats 37-45

Philadelphia 76ers 36-46
Milwaukee Bucks 33-49
Indiana Pacers 29-53
Atlanta Hawks 29-53
Boston Celtics 28-54
New Jersey Nets 26-56
Orlando Magic 25-57

Atlantic Division (by CCB)

Boston Celtics (2006 record: 24-58)
Additions:TJ Ford, Peja Stojackovic, Hilton Armstrong, Marco Bellinelli, Tiago Splitter, Taurean Green, Jonas Maciulis
Losses: Paul Pierce, Delonte West, Rajon Rondo, Leon Powe. Theo Ratliff
Notes: The Celtics made alot of moves this offseason, not all exactly great moves though. The TJ Ford trade was a fine trade. The celts werent in great need for a big man after picking up Hilton Armstrong in the Pierce deal and there was not another PG even close to the level of Ford in the draft so good move there. The Paul Pierce trade was necessary, Pierce has done alot for Boston and its only right he gets his shot to win a championship before he gets too far over the hill. Peja is a player who can step in now but is no the long term answer. With all the youth getting on year older and the aquistion of TJ Ford Is ay the celtics upgraded slightly. The core of TJ Ford, Gerald Green, and Al Jefferson could be a menancing trio in 2-3 years.
Projected Record: 28-54

New Jersey Nets (2006 record: 41-41)
Additions: Kyle Lowry, Grant Hill, Marquise Webb, Corey Brewer, Quincy Dooby, Kenyon Martin, Kenny Thomas, Daryl Watkins
Losses: Vince Carter, Marcus Williams, Bostjan Nachbar, Clifford Williams, Jason Collins
Notes: Worst offseason by far. The Nets downgraded in such a major way. Grant Hill is a shell of his former self. Losing VC hurt immensley whether this GM knows it or not. Kenyon Martins career is over as far as im concerned and this guy has him starting. Kyle Lowry is a good aquistion and in a good spot to learn from Kidd but other than that this is an awful offseason for the Nets. Corey Brewer was a decent pick, He should have taken Yi though. Yi and Mikki Moore would be a great 1-2 punch in the low post.
Projected Record: 26-56

Toronto Raptors (2006 record: 47-35)
Additions: Theo Papalukas, Brandan Wright
Losses: TJ Ford, Mo Peterson, Pap Sow, Uros Sokar
Notes: The Raptors downgraded for next year but upgraded for the future. Branden Wright is not ready to step in and contribute, the kid is frail. He needs atleast 3 years riding the bench before hes going to do anything. I am also weary of how great of a combo Wright and Bosh could be. They are both slim finesse players. I think the Raptors could have been better off pairing Bosh with a big bodied banger in the middle. But Wright and Bosh have the potential (key word potential) to work great together. Jose Calderon is overrated on this board IMO and I think the Raptors messed up by trading a fantastic young PG in TJ Ford.
Projected Record: 38-44

Philladelphia 76ers (2006 Record: 35-47)
Additions: Mike Bibby, Shareef Abdur Raheem, Spencer Hawes, Sean Williams, DJ strawberry, Alando Tucker, Glenn Davis
Losses: Sam Dalembert, Willie Green, Andre Miller
Notes: I actually like what the 76ers are doing. I dont think trading Andre Miller was the answer but they pick up a more potent offensive weapon in Mike Bibby. Love the selection of Spencer Hawes, he has the ability to become of the premier offensive post players in the league. Losing Sam Dalembert was not a huge blow to the team since they were able to replace him with a player who I feel is alot like him in Sean Williams. The sixers got great value with their draft picks. The athleticism on this team is insane with Alando, Iggy, and Carney. The sixers are heading in the right direction.
Projected Record: 36-46

New York Knicks (2006 record: 33-49)
Additions: Antawn Jamison, Etan thomas, Sam Cassel. Derek Anderson, Zabian Dowell, Jermareo Davidson
Losses: Channing Frye, Steve Francis, Channing Frye, Jared Jeffries, Mardy Collins, Kelvin Cato, Randolph Morris
Notes: The Knicks are going in the right direction. They are clearing cap space but still improving towards being a playoff caliber team. Moving Channing Frye will not hurt the Knicks, they are stock piled with young big men and between Curry, Frye and Lee it was smart to move one of them. Jamison will come in and help immediately, he will add veteran leadership and will be a good personality for the lockeroom. With the young big men getting another year of experience and the addition of Antawn Jamison I think the Knicks have became a playoff team.
Projected Record: 40-42

Southeast Division (by Ghetto)

Washington Wizards (2006 Record:41-41)
Additions:Yi Jianlian, Channing Frye, Steve Francis, Ekene Ibekwe, Mustafa Shakur
Losses:Antwan Jamison, Etan Thomas, Deshawn Stevenson
Notes:Last year the Wizards were a couple injuries away from making real noise in the playoffs, they elect however to make huge changes in the offseason. Antwan Jamison was an integral part of the big 3 but they did come away with some terrific players and the future looks bright. First off any team with Gilbert Arenas and Caron Butler is likely to make the playoffs. The acquisitions of potential All stars Yi Jianlian and Channing Frye were incredible as both fit perfectly with the Wizards new fast paced style. Problem though is both are young and will go through growing pains, and neither are great strong defenders. Last years weak interior defense will remain that way, but the Wizards will rely on outscoring their opponents even more. Steve Francis and Gilbert Arenas will be interesting to see how the ball is shared but being back home and have his fans cheer him ever day will I think help Steve recapture some of the player that he used to be. This team you can argue is worse than last years squad, but in a weak division they find a way to sneak into the playoffs on the shoulders of their 2 allstars.
Projected Record: 43-39

Miami Heat
Additions:Ron Artest, Othella Harrington, Damon Stoudemire
Losses:Antoine Walker, Dorrell Wright, Michael Doleac, Eddie Jones
Notes:This is an aged Miami heat team that will struggle with consistency all season long. Ron Artest is a good acquistion depending on how he acts, but even then he has become a bit of an inconsistent player, especially on the offensive end. Shaq is old and rotting and don't expect much more than 13 ppg, 7 rpg. This team really is one of the oldest and least talented team in the league, but any team with Dwayne Wade, and Shaq on some nights as well as underrated players like Haslem and Poosey will keep you in every game. This however will not be a championship team, unless some of these oldies recapture their glory days, however props for dumping Toine for something.
Projected Record:41-41

Charlotte Bobcats
Additions:Chauncey Billups, Eddie Jones, Jeff Green, Marcus Camby, Jason Smith
Losses:Gerald Wallace, Primoz Brezec,Derek Anderson, Othella Harrington, Ryan Hollins
Notes:Well somehow the Bobcats were able to get Chauncey Billups to come to them. Have no idea why because they are not a championship contending team and he doesn't fit but MJ must have seduced him or something, but in actuality the team would have been better off giving the money to Gerald Wallace, and had this team had Gerald Wallace on the squad they would be a 6 or 7 seed in the east as is while they have youth, and veteran talent I find it too hard for them to make the playoffs but they should challenge. Billups at SG is an awful fit for them, if anything Felton would be a better SG but as is they have a small lineup and I can't see it working. Billups is not a wing and spot up shooter, he needs the ball in his hands to make shots and create plays, however with Felton he will be relied to catch and shoot something he is not great at, or if he does dominate the ball than Felton will be useless standing around, add to that the fact that on defense their backcourt is vastly undersized. Billups will find himself guarding guys like Tracy Mcgrady, Vince Carter, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, etc.. on a frequent basis. I do love the acquistions of Jeff Green and Marcus Camby if he can stay healthy. In the end this is not a playoff team and they will really suffer and regret the Chauncey Billups signing when the Felton, Billups experiment fails.
Projected Record: 37-45

Atlanta Hawks
Additions:Greg Oden, Acie Law, Demetris Nichols, Raef Lafrentz
Losses:Josh Smith,Speedy Claxton, Royal Ivey, Stanislav Medvedenko,Esteban Batista
Notes: Moving a potential superstar like Josh Smith will always be questioned but getting a guy like Greg Oden will quite all of the doubters. This is a very young team, but they have improved. Their biggest problem is the frontcourt where Marvin Williams is not a great fit at the 4, where the Hawks have previously tried him, but saw that he can't rebound will and his offensive game is best when it is perimeter oriented and slashing from the wing. He will have trouble hanging in there, so don't be surprised if he gets benched sometime during the season for Zaza or Shelden Williams. Acie Law is an upgrade at PG and Joe Johnson is an Allstar. A lot will be dependent on Greg Oden, and while this team won't make the playoffs don't be surprised to see them fighting to not be last place in the division. The future is bright.
Projected Record: 29-53

Orlando Magic (2006 Record:40-42)
Additionsaequan Cook, Willie Green, Aaron Brooks, Vladamir Radmonovich, Travis Outlaw
Losses:Grant Hill, Jameer Nelson, Travis Diener, Pat Garity, Hedo Turkoglu
Notes:This Orlando team IMO took a step backwards. Having rookies like the raw Daequan Cook and Aaron Brooks in the starting lineup is not impressive at all for a team hoping to make the playoffs, while most teams have improved the Magic have seem to take a step backwards. Their biggest need was a true PG instead they aquired a rookie PG who is very small, and doesn't have great PG skills. Probably overpaid for Darko but it was a must because of their pathetic front court, the fact that Travis outlaw a skinny SF is primary backup at PF shows how weak the frontline is. I feel sorry for Dwight Howard with the only big men backups being Tony Battie, Bo Outlaw, and James Augestine. Unless Darko can somehow average 25 and 12 this team is going no where. Their guard and SF positions are far too young to be starting in Daeqaun Cook, Aaron Brooks, and Trevor Ariza.
Projected Record: 25-57

Central Division (by WMD)

Cleveland Cavaliers (2006 Record: 50-32)
Added: -
Lost: Dwayne Jones
Comments: Bringing back virtually the same team as last year, the team should get around the same results. LeBron led them to the NBA Finals which will help the team play with a ton of confidence next season. I would've liked to see them make a move for a big Point Guard, seeing as how they were abused by Tony Parker in the Finals, but oh well. They won 50 Games with this team last year, and I think LeBron will realize that he needs to take over basically every game for this team to be as good as they can be, considering his surrounding cast. I'd look for a more aggressive and dangerous LeBron, and a more confident Cavaliers team for this regular season..
Projected Record: 52-30

Chicago Bulls (2006 Record: 49-33)
Added: Dahntay Jones, Joakim Noah, Carl Landry
Lost: Martynas Andriuskevicius, Andre Barrett, Malik Allen
Comments: They didn't address their Post Presence. Carl Landry could be good but I don't think he's going to be able to give them the immediate help they need to make it far into the Playoffs. This is a young team, that won 49 Games last year.. One more year of experience, bringing back the same team basically with the additions of Joakim Noah and Dahntay Jones, their bench should be one of the better ones in the NBA. They didn't lose anybody major, so I don't think they're worse off than last year. The addition of two solid bench role players has to be good for a couple games of improvement.
Projected Record: 51-31

Detroit Pistons (2006 Record: 53-29)
Added: Mickael Pietrus, Javaris Crittenton, Marc Gasol, Ryvon Coville
Lost: Chauncey Billups, Nazr Mohammed, Dale Davis, Chris Webber
Comments: Major loss in Chauncey Billups.. I don't understand why they traded Nazr for Pietrus, the team now has one real center, being Marc Gasol. This veteran team is going to be forced to play two rookies heavy minutes this season. Might not hurt as bad in the Regular Season, but come Playoff time, they will likely make an early exit with this team. Just not enough size to do anything worthwhile. They definitely took a step or two back here.
Projected Record: 44-38

Milwaukee Bucks (2006 Record: 28-54)
Added: Rodney Stuckey, Cuttino Mobley, Derrick Byars, Hakim Warrick, Patrick O'Bryant, Zeljko Rebraca
Lost: Charlie Bell, Charlie Villanueva, Dan Gadzuric, Bobby Simmons
Comments: I don't think they needed to move Charlie Villanueva at all. Even if they got a couple picks in return, they only got a Backup Center to play for them this season. Their inside game is going to hurt as a result.. They did add a couple young ballers through the draft in Stuckey and Byars, so that should help out. Also gained a solid veteran in Cuttino Mobley.. This small team is going to be forced to shoot, shoot, shoot, all day long.. That alone should win them a few more games than last season. They have improved from last year, but I think they would've been a lot better off keeping Villanueva.
Projected Record: 33-49

Indiana Pacers (2006 Record: 35-47)
Added: -
Lost: Rawle Marshall, Keith McLeod
Comments: A severely disappointing 06/07 season in the Pacers organization and they didn't do anything to help themselves for the next year. Jermaine O'Neal is going to be unhappy which is going to lead to poor play. Danny Granger should develop some, but not into anything special this year.. at least, nothing that can bring this team up from the bottom of the Central Division. This team needed to have some moves made and nothing happened. Their record was 15-29 after they made the trade on January 17th, I don't see any reason for that trend to change.
Projected Record: 29-53

http://www.rockers.net/media/germany/playoffs_2007_logo_global.jpg

Round 1
Dallas Mavericks 65-17 vs. New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets 44-38
Dallas wins series 4-1

Los Angeles Lakers 64-18 vs. Utah Jazz 47-53
LA wins series 4-3

San Antonio Spurs 61-21 vs. Houston Rockets 48-34
Houston wins series 4-3

Phoenix Suns 52-30 vs. Golden State Warriors 49-33
Phoenix wins series 4-3

Round 2
Dallas Mavericks 65-17 vs. Phoenix Suns 52-30
Phoenix wins series 4-3

Los Angeles Lakers 64-18 vs. Houston Rockets 48-34
LA wins series 4-2

Conference Finals
Phoenix Suns 52-30 vs. Los Angeles Lakers 64-18
LA wins series 4-3

Round 1
Cleveland Cavaliers 52-30 vs. Charlotte Bobcats 37-45
Cleveland wins series 4-0

Chicago Bulls 51-31 vs. Toronto Raptors 38-44
Chicago wins series 4-1

Detroit Pistons 44-38 vs. New York Knicks 40-42
Detroit wins series 4-3

Washington Wizards 43-39 vs. Miami Heat 41-41
Miami wins series 4-3

Round 2
Cleveland Cavaliers 52-30 vs. Miami Heat 41-41
Cleveland wins series 4-2

Chicago Bulls 51-31 vs. Detroit Pistons 44-38
Chicago wins series 4-2

Conference Finals
Cleveland Cavaliers 52-30 vs. Chicago Bulls 51-31
Chicago wins series 4-3

http://projectspurs.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/finalslogo.jpg

Championship Series
Los Angeles Lakers 64-18 vs. Chicago Bulls 51-31
LOS ANGELES WINS THE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES 4-1

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/abf235/full-1.jpg http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9649/kevingarnettlakers0kiilyr5.jpg

http://www.cavaliers.net/media/wizards/lottery_logo230.jpg

Lottery Teams
Orlando Magic 25-57
New Jersey Nets 26-56
Boston Celtics 28-54
Indiana Pacers 29-53
Atlanta Hawks 29-53
Sacramento Kings 31-50
Minnesota Timberwolves 33-49
Milwaukee Bucks 33-49
Seattle Supersonics 34-38
Memphis Grizzles 34-48
Los Angeles Clippers 35-47
Philadelphia 76ers 36-46
Denver Nuggets 39-43
Portland Trailblazers 39-43

Lottery Draft Order (Randomized using ESPN Draft Lottery Machine)
1. New Jersey Nets 26-56
2. Orlando Magic 25-57
3. Atlanta Hawks 29-53
4. Indiana Pacers 29-53
5. Boston Celtics 28-54
6. Sacramento Kings 31-50
7. Minnesota Timberwolves 33-49
8. Milwaukee Bucks 33-49
9. Seattle Supersonics 34-38
10. Memphis Grizzles 34-48
11. Los Angeles Clippers 35-47
12. Philadelphia 76ers 36-46
13. Denver Nuggets 39-43
14. Portland Trailblazers 39-43
* This does not reflect traded picks.

RoyHall#1
06-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Not going to lie, I am pissed off. Since when does team chemistry play a factor in this other than having headcases like Ron Artest on your team? I had no idea of that, I wouldn't have traded my whole team away for new players if I knew that.

And Martin will get plenty of minutes in the 6th man role as I've explained 2-3 times before. He is a great character guy and would embrace the chance to learn from Vince Carter, even if he doesn't get to start. I wouldn't say he was "relegated," he'll get just as many if not more minutes than last year.

I agree my frontcourt is bad, but I think my players at PG/SG/SF will make me far from the worst team in the West. And I have a lot of underrated players in the frontcourt who can develop into good players, including Lawrence Roberts (averaged 5 rebs. in 18 mpg) and Jake Tsakalidis, another good rebounder.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-19-2007, 05:41 PM
Yes Portland has the #1 pick and #14 pick, we do not want #1 pick so contact me.

M.O.T.H.
06-19-2007, 05:47 PM
CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/brickman08865/kobe_trophy_254_020614.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/brickman08865/Kobe.jpg

Mission Accomplished.

princefielder28
06-19-2007, 06:11 PM
The bucks 2007 record should not have been based off of what happen in 2006. Michael Redd, Andrew Bogut, Maurice Williams, Charlie Villanueva, and Bobby Simmons all missed significant time last season and Simmons missed the entire year at that. And to say my inside game will suffer because I lost Charlie Villanueva is a joke becuase Charlie does not have an inside game that threatens opposing teams and I would say Hakim Warrick is an improvement at that positon if we are talking inside games. This team is deeper than last year's team and will only get better thanks to the youth. To say I only win 5 more games with a completely healthy squad is a complete joke. This team is better than 37 or 38 wins which would qualify them for the playoffs. The Knicks lost Channing Frye and added Antwan Jamison. I don't Jamison adds 7 wins to a franchise that is going nowhere in the near future.

Could I please get a legit explanation?

WMD
06-19-2007, 06:30 PM
The bucks 2007 record should not have been based off of what happen in 2006. Michael Redd, Andrew Bogut, Maurice Williams, Charlie Villanueva, and Bobby Simmons all missed significant time last season and Simmons missed the entire year at that. And to say my inside game will suffer because I lost Charlie Villanueva is a joke becuase Charlie does not have an inside game that threatens opposing teams and I would say Hakim Warrick is an improvement at that positon if we are talking inside games. This team is deeper than last year's team and will only get better thanks to the youth. To say I only win 5 more games with a completely healthy squad is a complete joke. This team is better than 37 or 38 wins which would qualify them for the playoffs. The Knicks lost Channing Frye and added Antwan Jamison. I don't Jamison adds 7 wins to a franchise that is going nowhere in the near future.

Could I please get a legit explanation?

Yes. I don't know what I'm talking abot.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-19-2007, 06:33 PM
Anyone who whines will have their pick forfeited to the Lakers.

M.O.T.H.
06-19-2007, 06:34 PM

I could live with that....:)

princefielder28
06-19-2007, 06:35 PM

I wouldn't consider mine whining but a logical agrument

SeanTaylorRIP
06-19-2007, 06:36 PM
I wouldn't consider mine whining but a logical agrument

Everyone improved so everyone can make an argument, the point is other teams improved too, and whoever wrote yours felt that the frontline was way too weak as it is, Warrick should be playing SF.

princefielder28
06-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Everyone improved so everyone can make an argument, the point is other teams improved too, and whoever wrote yours felt that the frontline was way too weak as it is, Warrick should be playing SF.

Injuries were a HUGE part of the Bucks' 2006 season and the Knicks did not improve 7 games with the addition of Jamison

Plus, Charlie Villanueva is more of a natural 3 than he is a 4.

WMD
06-19-2007, 06:53 PM
I'll post the full draft order, with trades, in a little bit.. working on it now.

scottyboy
06-19-2007, 08:57 PM
that is completly unbelievable. maybe CCB should watch VC before saying how big a loss he is, but at least i got #1 overall.

im pretty sure chemistry and style should play more of a factor, but what ever

scottyboy
06-19-2007, 09:10 PM
New Jersey Nets (2006 record: 41-41)
Additions: Kyle Lowry, Grant Hill, Marquise Webb, Corey Brewer, Quincy Dooby, Kenyon Martin, Kenny Thomas, Daryl Watkins
Losses: Vince Carter, Marcus Williams, Bostjan Nachbar, Clifford Williams, Jason Collins
Notes: Worst offseason by far. The Nets downgraded in such a major way. Grant Hill is a shell of his former self. Losing VC hurt immensley whether this GM knows it or not. Kenyon Martins career is over as far as im concerned and this guy has him starting. Kyle Lowry is a good aquistion and in a good spot to learn from Kidd but other than that this is an awful offseason for the Nets. Corey Brewer was a decent pick, He should have taken Yi though. Yi and Mikki Moore would be a great 1-2 punch in the low post.
Projected Record: 26-56

[/QUOTE]

ever hear of Nenad???

SeanTaylorRIP
06-19-2007, 09:10 PM
that is completly unbelievable. maybe CCB should watch VC before saying how big a loss he is, but at least i got #1 overall.

im pretty sure chemistry and style should play more of a factor, but what ever

umn no, lol you traded it to me for the Celtics first rounder.

princefielder28
06-19-2007, 09:19 PM

Ouch!!!!!!!

SeanTaylorRIP
06-19-2007, 09:21 PM
And Scottyboy before you start snitching but B instead of S, I had no part in the grading of the Atlantic division, I never talked to who graded it, and I'm pretty sure the person who graded it had no idea we switched, so I'm just saying before you go off on me be warned. But yeah boi I ripped you off I just got to point out moved from bottom of 2nd round to early 2nd last year, and moved to #1 from 5 this year.

scottyboy
06-19-2007, 09:22 PM

no, i traded it to the Kings, who then traded it to you :p

but seriously, i need a better reasoning for worst team then the fact losing Mr dribble the ball out of bounds with 7 seconds in a playoff game and i shoulda taken Yi, who would've been behind Moore and Nenad(starters) K-Mart and Boone and Kenny Thomas

SeanTaylorRIP
06-19-2007, 09:23 PM
no, i traded it to the Kings, who then traded it to you :p

but seriously, i need a better reasoning for worst team then the fact losing Mr dribble the ball out of bounds with 7 seconds in a playoff game and i shoulda taken Yi, who would've been behind Moore and Nenad(starters) K-Mart and Boone and Kenny Thomas

Well I have it so blah.

scottyboy
06-19-2007, 09:23 PM
And Scottyboy before you start snitching but B instead of S, I had no part in the grading of the Atlantic division, I never talked to who graded it, and I'm pretty sure the person who graded it had no idea we switched, so I'm just saying before you go off on me be warned. But yeah boi I ripped you off I just got to point out moved from bottom of 2nd round to early 2nd last year, and moved to #1 from 5 this year.

i never went off on you lol

i know u didnt grade it, i never mentioned your name.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-19-2007, 09:25 PM
i never went off on you lol

i know u didnt grade it, i never mentioned your name.

Don't worry we cool, I was anticipating.

RoyHall#1
06-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Well I have it so blah.

Blah is right... there is no way BOS is better than NJ, that's ridiculous. 1 person needs to do all the rankings IMO or else this gets way too screwed up.

WMD
06-19-2007, 09:35 PM
Round 1

1. Portland Trailblazers (f/ Sacramento, New Jersey)
2. Memphis Grizzlies (f/ Orlando)
3. Phoenix Suns (f/ Atlanta)
4. Indiana Pacers
5. Sacramento Kings (f/ Portland, Boston)
6. Miami Heat (f/ Sacramento)
7. Minnesota Timberwolves
8. Memphis Grizzlies (f/ Milwaukee)
9. Seattle Supersonics
10. Orlando Magic (f/ Memphis)
11. New York Knicks (f/ Los Angeles Clippers)
12. Memphis Grizzlies (f/ Philadelphia)
13. Denver Nuggets
14. Portland Trailblazers
15. Memphis Grizzlies (f/ Charlotte)
16. Toronto Raptors
17. New York Knicks
18. Miami Heat
19. Washington Wizards
20. Detroit Pistons
21. New Orleans Hornets
22. Utah Jazz
23. Houston Rockets
24. Milwaukee Bucks (f/ Golden State)
25. Chicago Bulls
26. Cleveland Cavaliers
27. Phoenix Suns
28. San Antonio Spurs
29. Portland Trailblazers (f/ Los Angeles Lakers)
30. Phoenix Suns (f/ Charlotte, Memphis, Dallas)

Round 2

31. Orlando Magic
32. New Jersey Nets
33. Boston Celtics
34. Atlanta Hawks
35. Indiana Pacers
36. New Jersey Nets (f/ Sacramento)
37. Detroit Pistons (f/ Minnesota)
38. New York Knicks (f/ Milwaukee)
39. Seattle Supersonics
40. Portland Trailblazers (f/ Memphis)
41. Los Angeles Clippers
42. Philadelphia 76ers
43. Golden State Warriors (f/ Phoenix, Charlotte)
44. Toronto Raptors
45. Seattle Supersonics (f/ Denver)
46. Boston Celtics (f/ Portland)
47. Los Angeles Clippers (f/ New York)
48. Minnesota Timberwolves (f/ Miami)
49. Minnesota Timberwolves (f/ Washington)
50. Detroit Pistons
51. New Orleans Hornets
52. Utah Jazz
53. Houston Rockets
54. Philadelphia 76ers (f/ Memphis, Milwaukee, Golden State)
55. Chicago Bulls
56. Phoenix Suns (f/ Cleveland)
57. Portland Trailblazers (f/ Indiana, Phoenix)
58. San Antonio Spurs
59. Los Angeles Lakers
60. Dallas Mavericks

Problems
-Minnesota Receives Miami's 2nd round pick(Ricky Davis/Antonie Walker trade)
Miami's 08 Round 2 Pick was traded to Charlotte, who then traded it to Phoenix.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showpost.php?p=440506&postcount=40
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showpost.php?p=448030&postcount=53

-Portland receives Memphis' 2008 second-round pick (Alexander Johnson trade 062806).
Memphis traded their 08 Round 2 Pick to Charlotte

-SAC signs Lawrence Roberts to minimum
MEM recieves SAC's 2008 2nd rounder
Sacramento first traded their Round 2 pick to New Jersey (along with Quincy Douby for New Jersey's 08 Round 1 & their LLE)
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showpost.php?p=435278&postcount=27

-Boston Receives Portlands 2nd rounder
Portland also traded their 2008 Round 2 to Boston. This can be fixed by Portland giving Boston either Memphis' Round 2, or Indiana/Phoenix's Round 2
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showpost.php?p=447964&postcount=52

- Orlando Gets
08' First
08' Second
Memphis Gets
08' first
Memphis' 08 Round 2 was already owed to Portland. They also previously traded this pick to Charlotte.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showpost.php?p=452141&postcount=59

ccB
06-19-2007, 09:35 PM
How isnt Boston better than NJ? They are starting K Mart and Grant hill, you couldnt make a healthy player if you combined them.

With all the youth getting another year behind them theres nowhere boston can go but up. TJ Ford will come in and instantly help things, Al Jefferson is so close to being the next dominant big man in the league and often gets forgotten about because hes stuck on the celtics. I also anticipate Gerald Green having a break out year.

By putting this all together I feel Boston has upgraded where as NJ has downgraded immensley.

Chucky
06-19-2007, 09:37 PM
The rankings are a bit of a joke for the Atlantic, no way boston does better than the NEts, also the Knicks winning the division is ridiculous, if you were so set on making sure the raps didnt win it, the only team that is close to them would be the knicks. Also the playoffs is ****** up considering, the atlantic division winner has to be a top 4 seed.

scottyboy
06-19-2007, 09:38 PM
How isnt Boston better than NJ? They are starting K Mart and Grant hill, you couldnt make a healthy player if you combined them.

With all the youth getting another year behind them theres nowhere boston can go but up. TJ Ford will come in and instantly help things, Al Jefferson is so close to being the next dominant big man in the league and often gets forgotten about because hes stuck on the celtics. I also anticipate Gerald Green having a break out year.

By putting this all together I feel Boston has upgraded where as NJ has downgraded immensley.

K-mart shouldnt be starting, it was my fault, typo, Moore would start with Nenad. Im pretty sure Hill averaged around 14 points a game last year, and would be spelled by Brewer, Douby, Wright and House.

ccB
06-19-2007, 09:39 PM
K-mart shouldnt be starting, it was my fault, typo, Moore would start with Nenad. Im pretty sure Hill averaged around 14 points a game last year, and would be spelled by Brewer, Douby, Wright and House.

Just tell me how a team doesnt downgrade when its filled with players made of glass not to mention the elderly players get one year older

scottyboy
06-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Just tell me how a team doesnt downgrade when its filled with players made of glass not to mention the elderly players get one year older

Hmmm two injured guys in K-mart, and Hill who played in 65 games last year. I dont want to hear any crap about Kidd's knees or how good Carter is because obviously, if you argue with that, you didnt watch the Nets-Cavs series

LTgiants
06-19-2007, 09:56 PM
i no i am not in this but i had to post a response scotty are you actually trying to argue that grant hill and k-mart aren't injury prone?

scottyboy
06-19-2007, 10:03 PM
i no i am not in this but i had to post a response scotty are you actually trying to argue that grant hill and k-mart aren't injury prone?

they are, i never denied that, but Hill played 60+ games last year. K-mart has his knee issue. But my team is hardly made of glass. K-mart has had awhile for his knee to heal, and i got him for basically nothing. Little risk- reward there...

SeanTaylorRIP
06-20-2007, 09:11 AM
I'd take a defender like Jason Collins, and your 4th best offensive weapon in Nachbar over Kmart any day. IMO Kmart will never play again but if he does other than being fragile he won't even be half the player he was before since he is so Dependant on explosion. Even prior to injury he was so overrated and should not have been an allstar.

scottyboy
06-20-2007, 09:19 AM
I'd take a defender like Jason Collins, and your 4th best offensive weapon in Nachbar over Kmart any day. IMO Kmart will never play again but if he does other than being fragile he won't even be half the player he was before since he is so Dependant on explosion. Even prior to injury he was so overrated and should not have been an allstar.

K-mart is/was a big gamble, but Nachbar is not that good, trust me, i've watched him all season. He showed improvement, but isnt the Nets 4th best scorer. And having Collins on the floor on offense is just like playing 4 on 5. Just watch the games, he's left wide open while Kidd, RJ, VC, or Nenad/Moore were doubled. this really wasnt a huge trade like many are making it out to be. K-Mart will most likely not start, and come in off the bench for 7-10 minutes a game, where he'll be rested and have some explosivness.

my team isnt great, but it's certainly not the bottom team of the East. iwant a better explination instead of losing VC and how i shoulda picked Yi. a team with Kidd, RJ, Nenad and Moore is very solid, throw in Hill(who averaged 14 a game last year, without playing with J-Kidd) and Brewer, K-mart, Boone, Wright, Lowry, Douby and Kenny Thomas off the bench.
Lowry, Wright, Boone, Douby and Brewer are all young talented players(1st rounders) K-Mart is a gamble, but is no doubt talented when healthy. and Kenn Thomas is a solid rebounder of the bench.

ccB
06-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Kidd is going to be a year older, Hill is going to be a year older, you have to expect digression due to age. Kmart as everyone said is pretty much done, Mikki Moore is solid but could be a one year wonder. Nenad is also solid but I think you are overrating him a bit.

Whether you like VC or not he is still better than anyone you have right now not named JKidd. If you want to keep throwing in Grant Hill's stats why dont we throw up VC's stats from last year, he scored 25 pts a game last year with 5 assists and 6 rebounds. Whenever you lose that and you dont replace it with a player of equal value than you have downgraded. You may have some personal vendetta against Vince but in the end you still lost an important player.

Chucky
06-20-2007, 10:27 AM
ANy response on how the knicks would beat the raptors, that still does not make any sense to me, and how Going from TJ Ford-JOse Calderon to Jose CAlderon-Theo Papaloukos makes the raptors get roughly ten games worse

scottyboy
06-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Kidd is going to be a year older, Hill is going to be a year older, you have to expect digression due to age. Kmart as everyone said is pretty much done, Mikki Moore is solid but could be a one year wonder. Nenad is also solid but I think you are overrating him a bit.

Whether you like VC or not he is still better than anyone you have right now not named JKidd. If you want to keep throwing in Grant Hill's stats why dont we throw up VC's stats from last year, he scored 25 pts a game last year with 5 assists and 6 rebounds. Whenever you lose that and you dont replace it with a player of equal value than you have downgraded. You may have some personal vendetta against Vince but in the end you still lost an important player.

of course they're could be a drop off, but a 20 game drop???? and can you honestly tell me JKidd looked old in the playoffs? how bout in he 3rd quarter of game 6 vs the Cavs, did he look old then?? also, if you want to throw stats with VC, look up his playoff stats. when Nenad went down, the Nets fell apart. and sure Moore could be a one year wonder, but i doubt having the 3rd best FG% is a fluke. you also said i shoulda taken Yi, which doesnt make much sense, considering he'd be buried behind guys like Nenad, Moore, Boone and even K-mart. Hill is aging, so Brewer fills that role perfectly.

i like Vince, but the Nets need another vet who wont choke in the clutch, vince is getting older and isnt as explosive. He settles for fade away 3's. also, how is that team worse than a team with(no offense BOE) starting Peja, Ford, Perkins, Green and Jefferson?? there's no reason replacing VC with hill and brewer should cause a 20 game drop.

Eagles own the NFC East
06-20-2007, 10:35 AM
great job guys im glad u understood the direction i was going in with the 76ers.

ccB
06-20-2007, 11:27 AM
of course they're could be a drop off, but a 20 game drop???? and can you honestly tell me JKidd looked old in the playoffs? how bout in he 3rd quarter of game 6 vs the Cavs, did he look old then?? also, if you want to throw stats with VC, look up his playoff stats. when Nenad went down, the Nets fell apart. and sure Moore could be a one year wonder, but i doubt having the 3rd best FG% is a fluke. you also said i shoulda taken Yi, which doesnt make much sense, considering he'd be buried behind guys like Nenad, Moore, Boone and even K-mart. Hill is aging, so Brewer fills that role perfectly.

i like Vince, but the Nets need another vet who wont choke in the clutch, vince is getting older and isnt as explosive. He settles for fade away 3's. also, how is that team worse than a team with(no offense BOE) starting Peja, Ford, Perkins, Green and Jefferson?? there's no reason replacing VC with hill and brewer should cause a 20 game drop.

I said you should have taken Yi because you took a SF when you have Jefferson. You are weak on the inside after Kristic and Moore (who the juries stil out on) I dont care what kind of faith you have in Martin getting him was one of the worst moves in this thing. I mean not only does he have worst knees than my grandmothers, you are also paying 10+ million a year for him. Whose gonna be your goto scorer? Richard Jefferson? So your number 3 guy from last year is gonna be the number 1 guy this year. Again, please tell me how you did not downgrade.

ccB
06-20-2007, 11:46 AM
ANy response on how the knicks would beat the raptors, that still does not make any sense to me, and how Going from TJ Ford-JOse Calderon to Jose CAlderon-Theo Papaloukos makes the raptors get roughly ten games worse

I'd take this Knicks team over this Raptors team any day of the week. Chris Bosh is the only trully impressive part of your line up. You might have a future version of the twin towers on your hand with Wright and Bosh, I highly doubt it but you might. Branden Wright is one of the least NBA ready players in this draft...I compare him to a more raw version of Alderidge. I think the Raptors fans love of Jose Calderon blind them into thinking hes better than he is, in comparision to other NBA PG's Id say hes a tier lower than someone like Jarrett Jack. Though the Raptors may have the best single player between these two teams they do not have the best line up. I'd take the combo of Jamison and Curry over Wright and Bosh anyday.

Chucky
06-20-2007, 12:09 PM
I'd take this Knicks team over this Raptors team any day of the week. Chris Bosh is the only trully impressive part of your line up. You might have a future version of the twin towers on your hand with Wright and Bosh, I highly doubt it but you might. Branden Wright is one of the least NBA ready players in this draft...I compare him to a more raw version of Alderidge. I think the Raptors fans love of Jose Calderon blind them into thinking hes better than he is, in comparision to other NBA PG's Id say hes a tier lower than someone like Jarrett Jack. Though the Raptors may have the best single player between these two teams they do not have the best line up. I'd take the combo of Jamison and Curry over Wright and Bosh anyday.

Thats all and nive, although you clearly dont watch calderon play much. When doing your rankings did you just completely disregard last years number one overall pick of Andrea Bargnani, im just wondering, Because Bargnani and Bosh is much much better than Curry and Jamison, not even including THeo who would instantly be the best backup in the NBA. Also Anthony Parker will continue to improve, and Branden Wright will provide great energy and athleticism off the bench. THeo will also bring a great shotblocking presence to the team

ccB
06-20-2007, 12:31 PM
Thats all and nive, although you clearly dont watch calderon play much. When doing your rankings did you just completely disregard last years number one overall pick of Andrea Bargnani, im just wondering, Because Bargnani and Bosh is much much better than Curry and Jamison, not even including THeo who would instantly be the best backup in the NBA. Also Anthony Parker will continue to improve, and Branden Wright will provide great energy and athleticism off the bench. THeo will also bring a great shotblocking presence to the team

Anthony Parker is in his mid 30's if im correct, I dont think theres much improving there. I have seen Calderon play probably more so than any other non canadian on this board, hes average, a fine player that gets overrated by his fans. Obviously you havent seen Jarrett Jack play if you feel Calderon is so much better. Also Bargani is a SF so I was not using him in the comparison of PF/C combos, even still I feel the Curry/Jamison combo would be better than Bargnani/Bosh for next year. You downgraded guy, take it for what it is.

scottyboy
06-20-2007, 12:31 PM
I said you should have taken Yi because you took a SF when you have Jefferson. You are weak on the inside after Kristic and Moore (who the juries stil out on) I dont care what kind of faith you have in Martin getting him was one of the worst moves in this thing. I mean not only does he have worst knees than my grandmothers, you are also paying 10+ million a year for him. Whose gonna be your goto scorer? Richard Jefferson? So your number 3 guy from last year is gonna be the number 1 guy this year. Again, please tell me how you did not downgrade.

Yi is not an upgrade over Moore and Krstic. He shouldnt start right away in the NBA. With Kidd, RJ and HIll, i don need one guy to do all the scoring. Kidd sets everybody up. if you watched any of the playoffs, Moore was the effective go-to-guy for the Nets, as VC choked big time. On the perimeter, Hill can shoot, and RJ is an elite slasher. 2 years ago, before VC was a Net and Kidd was hurt, RJ was on his way to an all-star appearance and single handedly ran the Nets, handling the ball, drving, and shooting. Losing VC does cause a downgrade, but not a 20 game downgrade. a team with Kidd and RJ alone would be a 30 win team, throw in Hill, Moore, Nenad and Brewer, i mean, come on, 28 wins?!?!?

how is the K-mart deal the worst in this thing? it wasnt a major deal. Collins cant score for his life and was making $5 mil, Cliff is 39ish and almost never played, and Nachbar had 1 good year(this year) and is a FA next year. I got K-Mart back, who has had plenty of time to heal. If healthy, he's an explosive big perfect to run with Kidd, if not, when he's a FA, i clear $10 mil.

ccB
06-20-2007, 12:34 PM
Yi is not an upgrade over Moore and Krstic. He shouldnt start right away in the NBA. With Kidd, RJ and HIll, i don need one guy to do all the scoring. Kidd sets everybody up. if you watched any of the playoffs, Moore was the effective go-to-guy for the Nets, as VC choked big time. On the perimeter, Hill can shoot, and RJ is an elite slasher. 2 years ago, before VC was a Net and Kidd was hurt, RJ was on his way to an all-star appearance and single handedly ran the Nets, handling the ball, drving, and shooting. Losing VC does cause a downgrade, but not a 20 game downgrade. a team with Kidd and RJ alone would be a 30 win team, throw in Hill, Moore, Nenad and Brewer, i mean, come on, 28 wins?!?!?

how is the K-mart deal the worst in this thing? it wasnt a major deal. Collins cant score for his life and was making $5 mil, Cliff is 39ish and almost never played, and Nachbar had 1 good year(this year) and is a FA next year. I got K-Mart back, who has had plenty of time to heal. If healthy, he's an explosive big perfect to run with Kidd, if not, when he's a FA, i clear $10 mil.

Your paying elite money to a guy who wont even play next year thats how it was the worst trade.

Scotty and Chucky you guys really need to stop crying. Step up and make some good moves next time and you wont get rated bad. I wasnt the only one making the decisions so if someone thought my rankings were bad they could have said something but they didnt. So either you guys quit being babys about this or when the next mock comes around I will do my best to make sure neither of you are included.

scottyboy
06-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Your paying elite money to a guy who wont even play next year thats how it was the worst trade.

Scotty and Chucky you guys really need to stop crying. Step up and make some good moves next time and you wont get rated bad. I wasnt the only one making the decisions so if someone thought my rankings were bad they could have said something but they didnt. So either you guys quit being babys about this or when the next mock comes around I will do my best to make sure neither of you are included.

im not crying, just curious how losing VC causes a 20 game drop in record? thats my main question, and it wasnt answered. You're too focused on the fact i traded for an expensive injury prone backup PF.

Chucky
06-20-2007, 12:58 PM
Anthony Parker is in his mid 30's if im correct, I dont think theres much improving there. I have seen Calderon play probably more so than any other non canadian on this board, hes average, a fine player that gets overrated by his fans. Obviously you havent seen Jarrett Jack play if you feel Calderon is so much better. Also Bargani is a SF so I was not using him in the comparison of PF/C combos, even still I feel the Curry/Jamison combo would be better than Bargnani/Bosh for next year. You downgraded guy, take it for what it is.

By nine wins! its ridiculous how u think they downgraded by nine wins, let alone that the raps got off to an absolute horrendous start last year, something along the lines of 2-12. And parker is about 32 by the way.

Chucky
06-20-2007, 01:00 PM

Just because you ****** up, doesnt mean that you should end up screwing me over, your defence about saying how the raps are much worse is very poor, and thats why i am arguing. You have pretty much just said you are a homer, calderon isnt good, and completely disregarded Theo, and bargnani, and team chemistry, while saying Curry and Jamison are amazing, not even thinking about how the chemistry of the team would be

Its all about The U
06-20-2007, 01:05 PM
i like that i got graded on the fact that you guys wouldn't let me resign Wallace

SeanTaylorRIP
06-20-2007, 02:02 PM
i like that i got graded on the fact that you guys wouldn't let me resign Wallace

Regardless replacing Wallace with Billups at SG is a downgrade.

fenikz
06-20-2007, 02:08 PM
wallace is a small forward, i dont think the bobcats ever played him at SG either

bored of education
06-20-2007, 02:09 PM
I'm not one to complain, but a 2 game difference from the year before? Upgraded the line up depth wise. May have lost Pierce but I got good value out of him. Green will drop at least 18 points per game, we have a dependable PG out of Ford, who could be top 5 PG in the game. Depth at PG with Banks and Taurean. Shooting Guard will start with Gerald, Marco and Allen (who might be useless now with 2 catastrophic injuries). By mid season or later we can run Marco and Green as starters.

Al Jefferson is a beast with Hilton and Gomes behind him. Gomes ave at least 12 last a game.

Kendrick, Nestrovich and Splitter will fight for the C Position.

TJ Ford
Gerald Green
Peja Stoyachavich
Al Jefferson
Kendrick Perkins

Bench
PG's: Taurean Green, Marcus Banks
SG's: Marco Bellinelli, Tony Allen
SF: Wally Szczerbiak, Jonas Maciulis
PF: Ryan Gomes, Hilton Armstrong, Brian Scalabrine
C: Tiaggo Splitter, Rasho Nestorovich

2/3 1st rounders. I think 2 years from playoff contention. Peja and Wally will be gone after one year most likely depending on the development of Gerald.

I dont see how this team doesn't get 33 wins.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-20-2007, 02:13 PM
People need to realize almost every single team improved, so not every team can have a better record from the previous year.

bored of education
06-20-2007, 02:16 PM
C's have Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, Gerald Green, Splitter, Marco, and Ford. If that isin't a NUCLEUS(sp.) I dont know what is.

btw, Celtics wouldn't be 'tanking' games with me as the GM.

ccB
06-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Just because you ****** up, doesnt mean that you should end up screwing me over, your defence about saying how the raps are much worse is very poor, and thats why i am arguing. You have pretty much just said you are a homer, calderon isnt good, and completely disregarded Theo, and bargnani, and team chemistry, while saying Curry and Jamison are amazing, not even thinking about how the chemistry of the team would be

When did I say Curry and Jamison are amazing? I said they are a better combo than Bargnani and Bosh or Wright and Bosh, which is a fact plain and simple. The Knicks have a better starting line and better depth. Bosh alone doesnt make your team great. You need to take off your homer shades brah.

I said it like it is, you sacrificed winning now for the future, its simple. TJ Ford is one of the best up and coming PG's in the league and you traded him because you have a quality back up who probably shouldnt be starting and defitnely wouldnt be starting for team as great as you think yours is. Again Branden Wright is about 2-3 years from making an impact and I am almost positive you had him starting at PF on your depth chart.

Furthermore, Chucky you are a whiner, I highly highly suggest no one let you into any mock or draft. You are the one user who consistantly bitches and moans about the outcome of these things. I know for a fact I will never participate in a draft you are in ever again.

As for Scotty, You go back and say you really didnt mean to have Martin starting blah blah bla well thats your fault for setting up your depth chart in that manner. Mikki and Nenad could have been perhaps a few games better than I graded you with KMart in the starting line up, but to be honest I think I was fair giving you as high a rating as I did because I dont see any team winning with KMart starting in the line up. Also I wanted your record to reflect the awful offseason you had.

To top it all off, there was a comittee for ranking these teams they could have stepped in and told me to change my rankings if they thought htey were too far off but you know what they didnt. In fact I even talked to one of the other judges to bounce my rankings off of and he agreed compeletely with them, so you can both bug off.

D-Unit
06-20-2007, 03:59 PM
I'm not even gonna bother reading up on the whining.

But it needs to stop. If real life was won on paper, Run TMC would've been the greatest dynasty of all time. LMAO.

WMD
06-20-2007, 05:21 PM
Problems
-Minnesota Receives Miami's 2nd round pick(Ricky Davis/Antonie Walker trade)
Miami's 08 Round 2 Pick was traded to Charlotte, who then traded it to Phoenix.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showpost.php?p=448030&postcount=53

-Portland receives Memphis' 2008 second-round pick (Alexander Johnson trade 062806).
Memphis traded their 08 Round 2 Pick to Charlotte

-SAC signs Lawrence Roberts to minimum
MEM recieves SAC's 2008 2nd rounder
Sacramento first traded their Round 2 pick to New Jersey (along with Quincy Douby for New Jersey's 08 Round 1 & their LLE)
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showpost.php?p=435278&postcount=27

-Boston Receives Portlands 2nd rounder
Portland also traded their 2008 Round 2 to Boston. This can be fixed by Portland giving Boston either Memphis' Round 2, or Indiana/Phoenix's Round 2
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showpost.php?p=447964&postcount=52

- Orlando Gets
08' First
08' Second
Memphis Gets
08' first
Memphis' 08 Round 2 was already owed to Portland. They also previously traded this pick to Charlotte.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showpost.php?p=452141&postcount=59

Shouldn't we fix these problems before the trading starts?

P-L
06-20-2007, 05:24 PM
I thought you couldn't trade your 1st Round pick two years in a row? Why did Orlando get to trade their 2007 pick to the Pistons and 2008 pick to the Grizz?

fenikz
06-21-2007, 03:26 AM
Shouldn't we fix these problems before the trading starts?

i think they are all d-unit

scottyboy
06-21-2007, 09:33 AM
ok, i take responsibility that i should've fixed my lineup and i didnt double check to see i was starting K-Mart. but that honestly doesnt matter, if he starts he can easily be back on the bench in 5 minutes. In crunch time, who ever's playing the best goes in. And I'm sorry, but i fail to see how the K-Mart deal was the worst. I traded 3 guy who would've been buried on the bench, all making fairly high salaries, and 2(Nachbar and Collins) locked up for a couple of years. K-Mart is all that $ in one guy, and if he did play poorly or stay injured, he would be released, or have his contract re-structured, but I'm done arguing, whats done is done, and I'll prove you wrong in this 08 of season.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-21-2007, 09:44 AM
ok, i take responsibility that i should've fixed my lineup and i didnt double check to see i was starting K-Mart. but that honestly doesnt matter, if he starts he can easily be back on the bench in 5 minutes. In crunch time, who ever's playing the best goes in. And I'm sorry, but i fail to see how the K-Mart deal was the worst. I traded 3 guy who would've been buried on the bench, all making fairly high salaries, and 2(Nachbar and Collins) locked up for a couple of years. K-Mart is all that $ in one guy, and if he did play poorly or stay injured, he would be released, or have his contract re-structured, but I'm done arguing, whats done is done, and I'll prove you wrong in this 08 of season.

Oh my gosh, shut up, nothing is going to change.

scottyboy
06-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Oh my gosh, shut up, nothing is going to change.

i know, im done. Whats done is done, and i'm looking ahead to the 08 off season

D-Unit
06-21-2007, 12:40 PM
i think they are all d-unit
Look at my team trade block thread. They are all legit.

scottyboy
06-21-2007, 06:21 PM
i just want everyone to know, I apologize for being such a d-bag about the rankings. Been a bad week for me and i was out of line. CCB and I worked things out, so again, sorry for acting way outta line.