PDA

View Full Version : Mornhinweg takes swipe at Lions...

Bootland27
06-20-2007, 09:28 PM
From Bill Emkow's Mlive blog....
June 17, Delaware Online: It's not the head coaching legacy he'd like to leave behind, but if there's one positive he took from Detroit, after five seasons as an assistant in Green Bay and San Francisco, it's that the next place can't be just any place.

The next place must be the right place, the right organization, with the right kind of people in charge.

"I've been in four [NFL] organizations," he said. "Three have been great, top to bottom."

Four months after the game, an ESPN.com Page 2 ranking of the 10 worst coaching decisions in sports placed Mornhinweg's call third.

"The people who were there and know all the information ... know that it was the right call," Mornhinweg said. "It was the right call then, it's the right call now, and it's the right call 10 years from now."

"We'll take the wind..."

Xiomera
06-20-2007, 09:30 PM
From Bill Emkow's Mlive blog....

"We'll take the wind..."

How the hell can he possibly try to justify that decision? What a moron!

WMD
06-20-2007, 11:46 PM
It's pretty sad when someone can't admit they made a mistake..

Addict
06-21-2007, 12:44 AM

It is... Luckily I never make any :D

TacticaLion
06-21-2007, 09:02 AM

I agree with that (his) decision completely... had he chosen to receive the ball, the Lions would've still lost, the blame would've been placed on Millen (instead of Mornhinweg) and he'd be gone. Since Mornhinweg "took the wind", HE took the blame for the losses and was fired instead of Millen.

And look what Millen has brought us! Draft picks!

bsaza2358
06-21-2007, 09:34 AM
Mornenweig is an excellent offensive coach and was probably better as a HC than his reputation suggests. I'm sure it sucks for him to have worked most of his adult life to build his coaching resume only to have it knocked for 1 bad decision. Look at it from that perspective.

I am glad to hear that you guys aren't knocking him for taking a potshot at the Lions organization.

LionSmack
06-23-2007, 06:57 PM
I agree with that (his) decision completely... had he chosen to receive the ball, the Lions would've still lost, the blame would've been placed on Millen (instead of Mornhinweg) and he'd be gone. Since Mornhinweg "took the wind", HE took the blame for the losses and was fired instead of Millen.

And look what Millen has brought us! Draft picks!

that is some prize-winning logic right there.

TacticaLion
06-24-2007, 01:20 PM
that is some prize-winning logic right there.
Agree completely. I think I need a trophy or something.

dreadedluck
06-27-2007, 11:12 PM
Yes it was the worst call ever, but I still cant figure out how they completed that thirddown and forever play after that penalty, which led Chicago to the win.

He is right about one thing, coming to Detroit is a death sentence even for the bottom of the barrel coaches. I can see his "death stone" saying something like...It is better to have never coached, then to have worked under Matt Millen...

asmitty45
06-29-2007, 11:29 AM
"The Bar is High"