PDA

View Full Version : All-Underrataed Team(NFL.com)

Paul
06-20-2007, 11:18 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10230829

2007 All-Underrated team

Damon Huard, QB, Chiefs -- Last season, Huard posted an 11-to-1 touchdowns-to-interceptions ratio and a 98.0 quarterback rating in relief of the injured Trent Green. He was promptly benched when Green came back. In the offseason, he was rewarded with a new contract and Green was traded, sparking new optimism. Now, the word in Kansas City is that second-year man Brodie Croyle (who has attempted seven passes and been intercepted twice) is the favorite to start. When even your own team underrates you to that degree, you deserve to be on this list.

More...

islandboy843
06-20-2007, 11:21 PM
No Keith Bulluck. I hate it.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
06-20-2007, 11:25 PM
Nice to see Rhodes, Asomugha, Whitner on the list for DBs. I mention the DBs because although i agree that Newman deserves a pro bowl for his play, the amount of chatter i hear on him about him makes me think he's only underrated in terms of pro bowls, not fan talk.

solid list, not feelin like thinking of any other honorable mention candidates

Cashmoney
06-20-2007, 11:39 PM
chris hope is THE most underrated safety

ElectricEye
06-20-2007, 11:41 PM
I hear Ty Warren. The mans a beast. He played better than Richard Seymour last year.

Hines
06-20-2007, 11:43 PM
i think aaron smith is more underrated then geathers and anderson cuz smith doesnt get noticed of the great job and the role he does for the defence. but i agree with the kreider selection, dudes hella good

Shiver
06-20-2007, 11:43 PM
Michael Boley > Demorrio Williams

M.O.T.H.
06-20-2007, 11:45 PM
The casual fan probably doesnt even know who Robert Geathers is...he's a great choice, imo.

PoopSandwich
06-20-2007, 11:45 PM
Bah no Leigh Bodden, if he hadn't been hurt last year he would deffinetly be on that list.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
06-20-2007, 11:46 PM
i would agree with Aaron Smith or Schobol, but can't go wrong with Ty Warren

Hope could probably replace Whitner because he was only a rookie and its hard to get noticed after 1 season

JK17
06-20-2007, 11:46 PM
The casual fan probably doesnt even know who Robert Geathers is...he's a great choice, imo.

Nah, the casual fan would know him from the Trent Green hit all over Sportscenter...

Hines
06-20-2007, 11:47 PM

i knew who robert geathers is, but he has only had really one good year. aaron smith has been great since he taken the starting job.

sodar21
06-20-2007, 11:52 PM
Too many rookies.

bearfan
06-21-2007, 12:03 AM
Mark Anderson isnt underrated. People recognize he did what he did, but also recognize he was a situational rusher and we dont know how well he can play the run.

Also Mike Furrey on the list I dont like. He just came in as a WR this past year, and did well, and just like anderson people recognize him for it.

**To me an underrated player is a player who does it year in and out and isnt recognized as much as they should be for it. Players on the list like Kerry Rhodes, Kelly Gragg, Laverneus Coles, and Chad Clifton are examples in my mind.

YAYareaRB
06-21-2007, 12:09 AM
Like the Smiley pick.. Walt Harris I could see being on like 2nd Team Underrated

The Dynasty
06-21-2007, 12:19 AM
Chester Taylor is pretty underrated as well so he could have been there.

reese
06-21-2007, 12:34 AM
i dont understand this love affair with damon huard...he is a career backup for a reason

Go_Eagles77
06-21-2007, 12:37 AM
Jamaal Jackson is more underrated than Nick Mangold, he was a 1st round pick last year. I guarentee more people know about Mangold than Jackson.

Addict
06-21-2007, 12:39 AM
Marc Bulger is more underrated than Damon Huard... And how is DeMeco Ryans underrated? He won DROY last year... can hardly say nobody noticed him.

M.O.T.H.
06-21-2007, 12:44 AM
rookies shouldnt even be included.

Ewing
06-21-2007, 12:48 AM
chris hope is THE most underrated safety

Fact. I think what makes the arguement stronger is that he wasn't mentioned at all.

yodabear
06-21-2007, 12:53 AM
An underrated list is nothing without Bulger.

BuckNaked
06-21-2007, 01:03 AM
Terrence Newman my ass, put Winfield in there. He makes big plays and goes realtively unnoticed. How can you say Newman is underrated? Half the people here overrate him a lot.

d34ng3l021
06-21-2007, 01:05 AM
Demorrio Williams is terrible against the run, and like Shiver said, Michael Boley is better AND more unknown.

PalmerToCJ
06-21-2007, 01:07 AM
i knew who robert geathers is, but he has only had really one good year. aaron smith has been great since he taken the starting job.

He's 23 years old with 17 career sacks and is coming off a 10.5 sack season as a situational guy but you don't hear much about him, even after he signed the big deal.

That's dumb they put so many '06 rookies on there. I like the Kerry Rhodes pick.

niel89
06-21-2007, 04:05 AM
Im really happy Kelly Gregg is on there. He does a good job year in year out and gets little recoginition in a star filled ravens d. He allows things to happen.

duckseason
06-21-2007, 04:16 AM
Terrence Newman my ass, put Winfield in there. He makes big plays and goes realtively unnoticed. How can you say Newman is underrated? Half the people here overrate him a lot.

No, he is talked about a lot on here thanks to one particular uber-homer. In reality, Newman is extremely underrated. The fact that he has never been to the pro bowl, and that he is rarely mentioned among the fastest players in the league is all the evidence you need. The guy is a legitimate superstar, but nobody acknowledges it. And yes, he is on the short list of the fastest players in the league. Anybody who argues with that needs to watch him more often.

SuperMcGee
06-21-2007, 08:46 AM
Jamaal Jackson is more underrated than Nick Mangold, he was a 1st round pick last year. I guarentee more people know about Mangold than Jackson.

I am a huge fan of Jackson, so I don't even mind that it was a homer call and I'll agree with it. One of my favorite linemen nowadays, along with list-makers Dielman and, of course, Jason Peters.

JF4
06-21-2007, 08:53 AM
No Keith Bulluck. I hate it.

I dunno, I think most people now know how good he is.

princefielder28
06-21-2007, 08:59 AM
I'm suprised Aaron Kampman isn't on the list

Chucky
06-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Im pretty sure he made the probowl last year.

remix 6
06-21-2007, 09:07 AM
I'm suprised Aaron Kampman isn't on the list

yeah..he made pro bowl...hes recognized.

i dont think anyone on that list is a pro bowler last year

Huard underrated? He played like 5 games and did well.

also hate how Anderson is on the list. He plays like 10 plays max per game(passing downs primarily)..if he was underrated..then why wasnt he starting over "the overrated Alex Brown"?

princefielder28
06-21-2007, 09:09 AM
Im pretty sure he made the probowl last year.

He's still underrated; when people talk about the Packers defense they talk about Hawk, Barnett, Al Harris, and then oh yeah Aaron Kampman. Pro Bowl is definitely nice but he still doesn't get the respect that he deserves.

Chucky
06-21-2007, 09:12 AM
He's still underrated; when people talk about the Packers defense they talk about Hawk, Barnett, Al Harris, and then oh yeah Aaron Kampman. Pro Bowl is definitely nice but he still doesn't get the respect that he deserves.

Its not like he was going to get DPOY, the pro bowl was the highest award he could have gotten, and before this year he did not get many sacks, and was just a really hard worker

ny10804
06-21-2007, 09:21 AM
Kampy was 1st team All-NFC and 2nd team all-Pro. Pretty recognized by those standards.

art vandelay
06-21-2007, 09:54 AM
2 Bills...nice. Now if JP Losman is on there, we are set.

scottyboy
06-21-2007, 10:09 AM
Fred Robbins should be on that list. Not many know about him, and he led all DT's in INT's last year! :D

princefielder28
06-21-2007, 10:32 AM
Kampy was 1st team All-NFC and 2nd team all-Pro. Pretty recognized by those standards.

Recognized by those who live football but under appreciated by fans

iloxygenil
06-21-2007, 10:41 AM
I love to see Demorrio FINALLY getting some love. He's a great LB, and Falcon fans just hate him for the most part. He's a stud!

NIN1984
06-21-2007, 10:50 AM
nice to see Kirk getting some love

keylime_5
06-21-2007, 10:58 AM
Sean Jones and Bodden should be on there. Lots of WRs in the NFL regard Leigh Bodden as a really good cornerback. Yet most people outside of Cleveland don't even know who he is. Freakin' Asomugha went to Hawaii last season at least

PACKmanN
06-21-2007, 11:00 AM
Hold on Newman is underrated?!, where have they been.

TACKLE
06-21-2007, 11:31 AM
An underrated list is nothing without Bulger.

For sure. Bulger is probably one of the most underrated players in the NFL.

TACKLE
06-21-2007, 11:38 AM
Another guy who is missing on that list is Aaron Schobel, the DE for the Bills. Last season Schobel had 14 sacks and the year before he had 12.

LarryJohnson27
06-21-2007, 12:26 PM
Bulger belongs on that list at QB, Chester Taylor at RB, and Casey Weigman at C. Kerry Rhodes was a very good choice at safety. I have so many friends that don't even know who Kerry Rhodes is, it's not even funny. He's probablly one of the most Underrated players in the NFL right now.

remix 6
06-21-2007, 12:44 PM
theres a reason no 1 from pro bowl is on that list. once u make pro bowl..you got some recognition. wether your talked about or not..pro bowl is fans and players. Schobel made it, bulger made it

The Great Jonathan Vilma
06-21-2007, 01:18 PM
i just realized there is 3 Jets, thats pretty nice.

Why is Nick Mangolds name not highlighted!! Thats garbage!! jk

i'd have to agree that guys who just finished their rookie year should not be on the list, and that i believe they went on guys who haven't made the pro bowl as i don't know if those people see who is talked about on forums (the talk may be different on different forums also, but of course this is the best one).

Schobol i must say again appears to be the biggest miss, or has he made a pro bowl lately? might be drawing a blank.

Space Ghost
06-21-2007, 01:32 PM
Kerry Rhodes is pretty much getting the kind of love Adrian Wilson was after his 2005 season where he had 8 sacks and 100+ tackles for the Cards. Next year, much like Wilson, Rhodes will be getting his dues next off season and we will see someone like Chris Hope on the list because he will be playing on maybe the least talented team in the NFL next year.

The Unseen
06-21-2007, 01:32 PM
w00t for Freddy T.

On jaguars.com, there's a feature called "Ask Vic" where the website's senior editor Vic Ketchman (you may have heard him from YFS who adores him) answers questions daily. He's been on vacation this week, and yesterday Fred Taylor did it for him. He was great.

Man_Of_Steel
06-21-2007, 01:37 PM
Karlos Dansby

steelernation77
06-21-2007, 02:17 PM
Sean Jones and Bodden should be on there. Lots of WRs in the NFL regard Leigh Bodden as a really good cornerback. Yet most people outside of Cleveland don't even know who he is. Freakin' Asomugha went to Hawaii last season at least

I don't mind Bodden because he's a Duquesne Duke.

Space Ghost
06-21-2007, 02:18 PM
Karlos Dansby

He was, but he wasn't very good this year. I think he might be able to be very good in the 34 that the team wants to run though. Watching the Cards next year should be interesting to say the least.

Hines
06-21-2007, 02:21 PM
they dont even have adrian wilson on this list either

Acreboy
06-21-2007, 02:22 PM
No Keith Bulluck. I hate it.He's not up there because he's not underrated.

How can the DPOY be underrated?

skinzzfan25
06-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Mike Sellers? :(

VERY under rated fullback.

nfrillman
06-21-2007, 05:36 PM
How about Leonard Little. He put up similar or better stats than Kampman, Taylor, Peppers, Schobel, Will Smith, and Geathers. All while having absolutely zero help from the other DE spot and the DT's, which means he faces constant double teams.

Little- 60 tackles, 13.0 sacks, 7 FF
Schobel- 53 tackles, 14.0 sacks, 3 FF
Peppers- 58 tackles, 13.0 sacks, 3 FF
Smith- 52 tackles, 10.5 sacks, 3 FF
Geathers- 42 tackles, 10.5 sacks, 0 FF

It is an absolute robbery that Little was not selected to the pro bowl over Peppers and Smith. Kampman had better stats, even though he gets help from KGB, there is no debate there though. Little had much better stats than Smith and better stats than Peppers, who has arguably the best D-line helping to occupy blockers. Little faced double teams constantly because the rest of the line was worthless for pass rush.

Phrost
06-21-2007, 05:39 PM
Bah no Leigh Bodden, if he hadn't been hurt last year he would deffinetly be on that list.

But he was injured so the point is mute.

remix 6
06-21-2007, 05:42 PM
they dont even have adrian wilson on this list either

made the pro bowl ..

Phrost
06-21-2007, 05:44 PM
made the pro bowl ..

He is quite unknown still.

ATLDirtyBirds
06-21-2007, 05:45 PM

Big time. Boley is a machine.

BufFan71
06-21-2007, 06:19 PM
boley is pretty good..
nice to see Jason Peters on that list

I can garuntee in 2 years Jason Peters will be the best LT in the NFL

stephenson86
06-21-2007, 06:23 PM
He's not up there because he's not underrated.

How can the DPOY be underrated?

since when was keith bulluck the DPOY

The Great Jonathan Vilma
06-21-2007, 06:32 PM
ya, when was he the DPOY??

also, i think people are taking this 'underrated' thing not serious enough. mentioning people like Little and Wilson at this point doesn't really stand for what i think this article classifies as underrated. i think they mean making a pro bowl is one of the largest recognition things out there, so if u just made it, or did in the past, u don't make this list....

Acreboy
06-21-2007, 06:39 PM
since when was keith bulluck the DPOYTalking about DeMeco Ryans maybe?

badgerbacker
06-21-2007, 07:37 PM
A question I always ask myself when I see an underrated list or underrated team, or whatever, is: Does being put on a list like this mean that you are no longer considered underrated? I mean someone who is underrated in my opinion is simply somebody who does not receive the recognition that they deserve, and now, these players are being recognized. So does that mean they are no longer underrated?

soybean
06-21-2007, 08:32 PM
Talking about DeMeco Ryans maybe?

they thought your two sentences were related :D

Acreboy
06-21-2007, 08:39 PM
they thought your two sentences were related :DAfter I posted it, thats what it looked like to me too.

themaninblack
06-21-2007, 09:12 PM
nice to see some recognition for robert geathers!

yo123
06-21-2007, 09:20 PM
I think Kerry Rhodes is becoming gradually less underrated. Hes starting to get some love. Ty Warren isnt underrated, hes a good player, but perfectly rated. Love the Mike Furrey pick

Smokey Joe
06-21-2007, 09:35 PM
that list is pretty bad. Most of the people on that list are known by a lot or just overrated and not good.

America
06-21-2007, 09:55 PM
But he was injured so the point is mute.

I believe it is moot. A moot point.

nfrillman...Leonard Little is underrated, but you saying that his absence from the Pro Bowl is pretty foolish. It's widely regarded that Julius is one of the best defenders in the league. Teams gameplan for him in so many ways it's ridiculous. Going off stats and saying Little should be in the Pro Bowl is exactly what makes the Pro Bowl bad. You can't just look at the stats. Little is a major liability against the run, something Peppers and Will Smith are both very strong against.

fryman
06-21-2007, 10:07 PM
Newman for the most part only gets recognition on the internet. Heck there are a lot of casual fans that don't even know who he is. It is the same for most of the guys on that list. Most of them get a lot of recognition here and other forums, but nowhere else.

yo123
06-21-2007, 10:07 PM
Newman for the most part only gets recognition on the internet. Heck there are a lot of casual fans that don't even know who he is. It is the same for most of the guys on that list. Most of them get a lot of recognition here and other forums, but nowhere else.

this is true.

cunningham06
06-22-2007, 01:22 AM
I believe it is moot. A moot point.

nfrillman...Leonard Little is underrated, but you saying that his absence from the Pro Bowl is pretty foolish. It's widely regarded that Julius is one of the best defenders in the league. Teams gameplan for him in so many ways it's ridiculous. Going off stats and saying Little should be in the Pro Bowl is exactly what makes the Pro Bowl bad. You can't just look at the stats. Little is a major liability against the run, something Peppers and Will Smith are both very strong against.

No the point is mute, it can't talk.

Saying that Kampman had help from KGB is ********. KGB used to be pretty effective but was downright awful at times last season. Kampman was twice the player that Little was last season.

I will admit that Little is one of the best if not the best pass rushing DE's in the NFL, he gets constant pressure on the qb. That being said he isn't more underrated than Geathers or Warren.

I like the list except for Demorrio Williams, I thought that Thomas Davis would have been a better selection.

Modano
06-22-2007, 01:50 AM

I completely agree with you. I start some arguments with my friends because of Williams. They say that Williams is very good because he makes a lot of tackles, too bad he makes most of them 7 yards off the line. He's often off of position and filling the wrong hole. He's very good in coverage, but I don't see him as an underrated LB, he's on that list only because of the amount of tackles he makes, but there's no way he's a better LB than Boley.

SchizophrenicBatman
06-22-2007, 06:15 AM
This looks more like a "Played Well in 2006, but has never made a Pro Bowl Team" than an Underrated team to me, made especially clear by the abundance of rookies on it

remix 6
06-22-2007, 11:03 AM
Little wont ever get great recogntion for his play. He'll always be remembered for killing that woman and getting free from it. Hes a great player but in media/fans.it'll always be the negative

yo123
06-22-2007, 12:46 PM
no you can't.

also, mike furrey? wtf is a guy with ONE good season doing on any underrated list?

because he had a 1000 yard season, and he gets absolutely NO love whatsoever. Hes not great, but for a #3 receiver hes as good as they come.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
06-22-2007, 03:10 PM
i'd say Furry deserves to make it, seeing as for some reason i was unaware he led the NFC in receptions until like a month ago. not sure waht i was doing, but i know a hell of a lot more than the average fan, so i'd say i had him underrated till i knew that

EdReedUnstoppable
06-24-2007, 09:21 AM
Good to see Kelly Gregg get some well deserved pub.

BigDawg819
06-24-2007, 10:00 AM
Good to see Kelly Gregg get some well deserved pub.

Amen to that brother!

America
06-24-2007, 11:16 AM
No the point is mute, it can't talk.

Saying that Kampman had help from KGB is ********. KGB used to be pretty effective but was downright awful at times last season. Kampman was twice the player that Little was last season.

I will admit that Little is one of the best if not the best pass rushing DE's in the NFL, he gets constant pressure on the qb. That being said he isn't more underrated than Geathers or Warren.

I like the list except for Demorrio Williams, I thought that Thomas Davis would have been a better selection.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Agreed. KGB was downright terrible last year and lost his starting job to a backup DT. Yeah, Thomas Davis, Michael Boley, Angelo Crowell(although he might be switching to inside this year) would be better than Williams.

Hines
06-24-2007, 01:33 PM
so you somehow underrated a one year wonder?

housh is more underrated. lee evans is more underrated. donald fricking driver is more underrated.

i don't buy for a second that some dude who had ONE good season in 4 years of play is underrated in any way. if he does anything similar this year, there'd be an argument.

i wouldnt call evans or driver underrated ne more. andre johnson is underrated. if he only had good qb and line play, he could be imo the best reciever in the league.

Flyboy
06-24-2007, 01:37 PM
No Mike Karney? That's lawl city.

remix 6
06-24-2007, 04:20 PM
so you somehow underrated a one year wonder?

housh is more underrated. lee evans is more underrated. donald fricking driver is more underrated.

i don't buy for a second that some dude who had ONE good season in 4 years of play is underrated in any way. if he does anything similar this year, there'd be an argument.

KC Joyner doesnt think Driveri s overrated. He put him as overrated in his recent metrics on ESPN Insiders :\

BlindSite
06-25-2007, 04:15 AM
no you can't.

also, mike furrey? wtf is a guy with ONE good season doing on any underrated list?

Watch him play/.

jdcdam1
06-26-2007, 12:43 PM

I agree 100%. Boley will be a beast, he should be on the list