PDA

View Full Version : Scott's Dallas Cowboys '07 Draft Review

Paul
06-20-2007, 11:39 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/reviews/teams/dallascowboys.html

I was going to quote the whole thing, but wanted Scott get couple more hits. ;)

Modano
06-21-2007, 12:21 AM
I like it. And I like even more the fact he says we're super bowl contenders :P Btw, I thought Scott should have considered Free a steal, he seemed to be very high on him, like Kiper...

Im_a_Romosexual
06-21-2007, 01:14 AM
figures we were last...

I agree with what scott had to say

HEISMANHERSCHEL
06-21-2007, 03:23 AM
I also liked the review. I thought it was accurate, while it also got me excited about training camp.

As a side note, I am warming up to our draft. I originally wanted my boys to keep the extra pics in round two, being this was a deep draft for pass rushers. Not that Spencer wasn't near the top of the list of pass rushers, but it seemed to me we could have found one in the second round that had good potential also, and also picked up a good corner or wide receiver project. I thought this was a great draft for pass rushers, dt, wr's and cb's through round three. I didn't hate the pick on draft day, but it wasn't the pick I would have made.

But the more I look at it, the more it is starting to make sense. If you are solid, there is no harm in trading up if there is one player you want. My reasoning is you are not very likely to get contributors at every pick when you are a talented team. For instance, the Texans could have traded down and got players that could start at several different positions, where that was probably not the case for us.

One more side note. Did Mr. Wright sneek in several teams the last day, or what? I try to read a team reveiw everyday, but last time I counted, he had four teams left. Did I really skip a few days, or did he throw the last several teams in all at once? I would have swore I didn't.

FinChase
06-21-2007, 09:38 AM
It was a pretty good review. As I expected, he wasn't crazy about the Stanback pick, but it was really the only reach for us. To me the best thing about Dallas' draft was that they got another first round pick for next year and still managed to get back into the first round to get the guy they had targeted at 22.

fryman
06-21-2007, 08:58 PM
pretty good review except for the kicker part. I guess he never understood most of our opinions on the issue. Nobody thought Gramatica was the answer to the problem, just we would not and did not want to take a kicker early. Many Cowboys fans had us taking a kicker late in their mocks.

FinChase
06-22-2007, 10:21 AM
pretty good review except for the kicker part. I guess he never understood most of our opinions on the issue. Nobody thought Gramatica was the answer to the problem, just we would not and did not want to take a kicker early. Many Cowboys fans had us taking a kicker late in their mocks.

Yeah, I had nothing against Crosby (although he wasn't apparently ranked as highly by teams as Scott ranked him), but the idea of spending a 2nd round pick on a kicker was ludicrous.

D-Unit
06-22-2007, 07:29 PM
The review was for the casual Dallas fan... Not worth the wait...