PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com's Offseason update

Caddy
06-21-2007, 07:13 AM
http://nfl.com/news/story/10231895

It is a decent read and little summary of the Buc's off season thus far. No real surprises anywhere really as he pretty much sums up the Buc's weaknesses and strengths.

Phrost
06-21-2007, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the update.

ks_perfection
06-21-2007, 06:18 PM
Another second-round choice, Arron Sears from Tennessee, will battle with Anthony Davis for the starting spot at left offensive guard.

I thought Petitgout was going LT and Sears would be moving to LG.

Phrost
06-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Another second-round choice, Arron Sears from Tennessee, will battle with Anthony Davis for the starting spot at left offensive guard.

I thought Petitgout was going LT and Sears would be moving to LG.

You are confusing me. Are you confused or agreeing with what that says?

Fresh
06-21-2007, 06:29 PM
Luke Petitgout Aaron Sears Dan Buenning Davin Joseph Jeremey Trueblood

Friends we have some hogs on both sides, perferable Caddy likes going to his left, and his left hand man will be as strong as his right hand mans.

Phrost
06-21-2007, 06:39 PM

Friends we have some hogs on both sides, perferable Caddy likes going to his left, and his left hand man will be as strong as his right hand mans.

O man. I can't wait.

Fresh
06-21-2007, 06:53 PM
O man. I can't wait.

Same here, Cadillac should be a pro bowler this year.

Phrost
06-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Same here, Cadillac should be a pro bowler this year.

As long as his back problems don't come up, he's got this.

ks_perfection
06-22-2007, 12:05 AM
No I was disagreeing, I didn't know how to quote from an outisde article in this new update (should have just used quotations). I found it weird that the article said Davis & Sears would compete for LT instead of it being for Pet.

I doubt Cadillac will be a pro bowler. The line has alot of potential it is still very young and unproven. Even if the unit will become great they won't reach their best next season.

Caddy
06-22-2007, 12:38 AM
Phrost finally got banned, thank god.

Watchman
06-22-2007, 11:44 AM

I'm optimistic, but the o-line was supposed to improve last year, the year before, the year before that. Same story different off season.

etk
06-22-2007, 07:08 PM
I'm optimistic, but the o-line was supposed to improve last year, the year before, the year before that. Same story different off season.

Yeah, maybe the problem lays deeper than just the individual personnel and heavily involves offensive schemes and coaching...

etk
06-22-2007, 07:11 PM
As long as his back problems don't come up, he's got this.

He has plenty of work to do, and he doesn't deserve to be a Pro Bowler until he becomes a receiving threat IMO. Tiki retiring frees up a spot, though...

Glad to see you gone Phrost, nonetheless. All thanks go to Ward & JBond, so give them your rep 24cadillac24...

Caddy
06-22-2007, 08:01 PM
He has plenty of work to do, and he doesn't deserve to be a Pro Bowler until he becomes a receiving threat IMO. Tiki retiring frees up a spot, though...

Glad to see you gone Phrost, nonetheless. All thanks go to Ward & JBond, so give them your rep 24cadillac24...

True, but do you really expect him to outperform guys like Jackson, Gore and Westbrook? I don't think anybody does, but maybe we will all be wrong and Caddy will come out and dominate this season with 1500 yards on the ground, 400 through the air and 10-12 TD's.

etk
06-23-2007, 07:31 PM
He has plenty of work to do, and he doesn't deserve to be a Pro Bowler

^^^

True, but do you really expect him to outperform guys like Jackson, Gore and Westbrook? I don't think anybody does, but maybe we will all be wrong and Caddy will come out and dominate this season with 1500 yards on the ground, 400 through the air and 10-12 TD's.

I don't expect him to outperform any of those guys barring injury. Don't forget Portis, McAllister, Alexander & Brandon Jacobs (*cough* rickybobby & GRF *cough*).

Garcia jab of the day: 10-12 TDs & 400 Rec. yds would normally require a QB that can drive the field...

Caddy
06-24-2007, 01:00 AM
^^^

I don't expect him to outperform any of those guys barring injury. Don't forget Portis, McAllister, Alexander & Brandon Jacobs (*cough* rickybobby & GRF *cough*).

Garcia jab of the day: 10-12 TDs & 400 Rec. yds would normally require a QB that can drive the field...

True, Caddy has a way to go yet and hopefully the youth movement in the offensive line starts to pay dividends.

etk
06-24-2007, 09:05 AM
True, Caddy has a way to go yet and hopefully the youth movement in the offensive line starts to pay dividends.

Ah, so you agree that we don't have the necessary QB play to even give him an opportunity to succeed like that :)

Caddy
06-24-2007, 04:21 PM
Ah, so you agree that we don't have the necessary QB play to even give him an opportunity to succeed like that :)

I think it is a combination of both QB and O-Line play. Garcia is not the anwer and is a stop gap kind of guy which is pretty obvious anyway. And the O-Line continues to develop so the future is looking bright there.

etk
06-24-2007, 07:32 PM
I think it is a combination of both QB and O-Line play. Garcia is not the anwer and is a stop gap kind of guy which is pretty obvious anyway. And the O-Line continues to develop so the future is looking bright there.

Yeah.

Nice typo, especially considering the new spell check feature (some posters really needed it).

Caddy
06-25-2007, 12:46 AM
Yeah.

Nice typo, especially considering the new spell check feature (some posters really needed it).

Ummmm, ok??

etk
06-25-2007, 09:05 AM
Ummmm, ok??

anwer.....

Caddy
06-25-2007, 04:12 PM
The answer at QB? I honestly don't think he is on the current roster. Tampa needs a franchise QB and to get him we will probably have to take one within the first 2 rounds in next years draft.

etk
06-25-2007, 04:15 PM
The answer at QB? I honestly don't think he is on the current roster. Tampa needs a franchise QB and to get him we will probably have to take one within the first 2 rounds in next years draft.

I know that. Have you still not figured out that you wrote "anwer"?

-black
06-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Brian Brohm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-black
06-25-2007, 04:23 PM
Buc fans, would you have been mad if the Bucs would have traded their 1st round pick next year to get back into the 1st round to take Brady Quinn?

so Quinn and Adams would have been our two picks? but we'd have no 1st rounder next season

etk
06-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Buc fans, would you have been mad if the Bucs would have traded their 1st round pick next year to get back into the 1st round to take Brady Quinn?

so Quinn and Adams would have been our two picks? but we'd have no 1st rounder next season

I'd be mad because Brady Quinn sucks, although he sucks a little less than Arron Sears so it wouldn't be the worst scenario.

Caddy
06-26-2007, 12:44 AM

Obviously the answer (for you etk) to this question revolves around what pick we would have ended up with. If we were super bowl champions I wouldn't be mad, if it were the #1 pick though, I would be furious.

Tampa 2 4 life
06-26-2007, 11:08 AM
I'd much rather get a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round since our scheme takes a few years to learn.

Caddy
06-26-2007, 04:34 PM
I'd much rather get a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round since our scheme takes a few years to learn.

What does the round the player is drafted have to do with learning the scheme? If you took a QB you would ideally want him to sit for a year anyway so grabbing a guy in the 1st really wouldn't be any worse than grabbing one in the 2nd or 3rd. I just don't see the logic in preferring one in the 2nd/3rd over one in the 1st.

etk
06-26-2007, 09:34 PM
Obviously the answer (for you etk) to this question revolves around what pick we would have ended up with. If we were super bowl champions I wouldn't be mad, if it were the #1 pick though, I would be furious.

Very nice.
What does the round the player is drafted have to do with learning the scheme? If you took a QB you would ideally want him to sit for a year anyway so grabbing a guy in the 1st really wouldn't be any worse than grabbing one in the 2nd or 3rd. I just don't see the logic in preferring one in the 2nd/3rd over one in the 1st.

I guess he's thinking that if the QB sits it might as well cost less. Doesn't really make sense, IMO, because a good QB is a good QB. Essentially I would want the best one regardless of his draft stock. Our offense (under Gruden) is so precise and has such specific qualities that are important in a QB, so a lot of the time we may not find one that fits well until after the 1st round. For instance, this year Kevin Kolb would've been the best QB for us IMO. Brian Brohm is my early favorite this year and he's a top-5 candidate, so draft stock really doesn't matter.

ks_perfection
06-27-2007, 10:52 AM
We would have had to include our 2nd this year just like Cleveland did when they traded up. I wouldn't give up our 2nd plus next years 1 for Quinn.