PDA

View Full Version : The 3 Mikes to do a monday night game

General Zod
06-21-2007, 01:44 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/06/20/bc.fbn.mondaynightcrew.ap/index.html

Probally old news, but I didnt see it posted anywhere.
I wouldnt mind this group taking over on a regular basis. And I havent even heard them do a game yet. :-)

DeathbyStat
06-21-2007, 01:49 PM
They should do all the games.

I hate Kornheiser.

Tirico is decent, Thank god THeisman is gone

Nitschke-Hawk
06-21-2007, 01:50 PM
This will be a tough listen I think...

Shiver
06-21-2007, 01:55 PM
I loathe Mike and Mike. Why people are so enamored with them I will never know.

Philliez01
06-21-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Mike / Mike (prefer Dan Patrick Show myself) but it's okay at some points but it's usually predictable. This is sort-of like the M/M commercial they had a few weeks back "Mike & Mike & Mike".

Eh, I actually like Vermeil last year but he's doing the NFLN now (which for some reason is just a black screen with no sounds/vision on it for the past day now---sort of like the Sopranos ending) and the "2nd String" announcers were better than the "1st String" last season. At least, that was my opinion.

I was actually hoping it was going to be:

Tirico - Ditka - Tyson....I'd watch that.

Shane P. Hallam
06-21-2007, 02:19 PM
I think it will be very funny, and actually insightful. Greeny was decent at PBP and Golic and Ditka can do some solid color stuff I imagine. I think it will be entertaining, and still be very good in giving the football stuff. It's no lie that Greeny and Golic's favorite sport is the NFL, where as Kornheiser's is debatable. Therefore, I think it will be successful to have humorous guys who love football doing it, and Ditka is just awesome.

Scar
06-21-2007, 02:21 PM
I assume Mike Greenberg would handle play by paly out of this bunch, if for no other reason than he talks the fastest, but they all seem more like color guys. Could be entertaining though.

reese
06-21-2007, 02:21 PM
i like the mike and mike show ill think they will be ok...but id rather have colin cowherd...he is my fav on espn radio

Shane P. Hallam
06-21-2007, 02:23 PM
I assume Mike Greenberg would handle play by paly out of this bunch, if for no other reason than he talks the fastest, but they all seem more like color guys. Could be entertaining though.

Yeah, Greenberg does PBP for Arena football and Golic does the color, it is pretty good. Greenberg hasn't played the game, so having him as a color guy would be ridiculous.

Scar
06-21-2007, 02:45 PM
Good point, he'd probably just wax poetic about Chad Pennington if left to color duties.

kwilk103
06-21-2007, 03:05 PM
they played a clip of greeny callin a jets game for 1 series; he was good for his 1st time, except he screwed up who got the interception---said he didnt listen to his spotter like he was supposed too

ive only seem them call arena games a couple times, but i like them

Geo
06-21-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm not crazy about this, but it's the second game of the MNF double-header and I'm looking forward to the game anyways, so I can't say I'll get bothered a great deal about this. As someone mentioned, at least ESPN has improved the "A team" by pairing Tirico with Jaws, with Kornheiser occassionally making a point, asking a question, or bringing up an interesting statistic to keep in mind.

They need to do away with the celebrity guests nonsense though, although Charles Barkeley was great last year.

M.O.T.H.
06-21-2007, 03:47 PM
I like Golic... he doesnt know anything but, he keeps me entertained.

bored of education
06-21-2007, 03:49 PM
Golic is too cliche. Says I think I jsut threw up in my mouth about 5 times a day

princefielder28
06-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Great idea! Mike and Mike are becoming pretty big and I think this is a way to get the rating even higher for Monday Night Football

M.O.T.H.
06-21-2007, 03:53 PM
Golic is too cliche. Says I think I jsut threw up in my mouth about 5 times a day

He's big and jolly... i like him.

bored of education
06-21-2007, 04:06 PM
He plays the part of the Big Jolly Dumb Jock type. He Went To ND, you have to have an IQ to go there. I don't like his mantra.

Phrost
06-21-2007, 04:44 PM
He plays the part of the Big Jolly Dumb Jock type. He Went To ND, you have to have an IQ to go there. I don't like his mantra.

and Darius Walker is a genius?

BlindSite
06-21-2007, 05:27 PM
Trico is the only decent caller, imo they should pair him with Al Michaels and snag Jo Buck to make him the third. I'd be happy then.

Shane P. Hallam
06-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Joe Buck can't do anything other than baseball.

fryman
06-21-2007, 10:48 PM
this is kinda off topic, but what do you guys think of Aikman as a color commentator?

I would like to hear some unbiased opinions on him. I think he is probably the best one right now, but then again I am a Cowboys fan so its biased and I am probably forgetting somebody.

As for this crew, I think they will pretty good. I like all three guys and Mike and Mike do good with the Arena games.

brat316
06-21-2007, 10:54 PM
Anything will be better than last yrs. MNF commetting it was just horrible, they should have Jaws, MeShawn, Parcelles

M.O.T.H.
06-21-2007, 10:54 PM
I absolutly hate Jaws....he's so biased....

BuckNaked
06-21-2007, 11:07 PM
Golic is so cute, he's like a big teddy bear. I really like Greeny, he's a very knowledgeable sports fan.

Number 10
06-21-2007, 11:25 PM
At least it's an unimportant game.

General Zod
06-22-2007, 12:07 AM
this is kinda off topic, but what do you guys think of Aikman as a color commentator?

I would like to hear some unbiased opinions on him. I think he is probably the best one right now, but then again I am a Cowboys fan so its biased and I am probably forgetting somebody.

As for this crew, I think they will pretty good. I like all three guys and Mike and Mike do good with the Arena games.

Oh I like Aikman a lot has a color commentator. He is easily one of my favorites.