PDA

View Full Version : Sims takes a shot at Herm

Splat
06-21-2007, 04:57 PM
Sims blasted Chiefs head coach Herm Edwards, the former Bucs defensive backs coach, for creating what Sims perceives as a negative environment in Edwards' first year in Kansas City in 2006.

"Some coaches just believe the more negative you are ... You don't have a team of 28 guys trying to get traded for nothing," Sims said. "Every starter there is trying to get out of there. ...Ask (quarterback) Trent Green (traded to the Miami Dolphins) about it.

"You can just look at the numbers, look at the morale, you tell me.

"We had the 32nd (ranked) defense when I got there, it was 32nd for years. Obviously I'm not the only person out there.

"I'm here. These coaches are great. It's totally different. Very positive here. It's time for a new lease, time to play."

Phrost
06-21-2007, 05:02 PM
"I'm here. These coaches are great. It's totally different. Very positive here. It's time for a new lease, time to play."

I assume this is about Gruden and Co. I see he enjoys being in a loving environment. :)

Splat
06-21-2007, 05:11 PM
He can talk all he wants fact is he is not a good player he shows up out of shape to camp every year always says all the right things saying this is the year then the season starts and nothing is what you get. He talks about us being 32 in the NFL in D when he got here well last year with Sims on the bench we were 16th what does that tell you lol?

Phrost
06-21-2007, 05:20 PM
He can talk all he wants fact is he is not a good player he shows up out of shape to camp every year always says all the right things saying this is the year then the season starts and nothing is what you get. He talks about us being 32 in the NFL in D when he got here well last year with Sims on the bench we were 16th what does that tell you lol?

At least we agree on one thing. He is a bust and he sucks.

Splat
06-21-2007, 05:22 PM
I was going to wish him luck and hope it worked out for him but kinda hard to say that now no need to take shots at your old team just move on.

Phrost
06-21-2007, 05:25 PM
I was going to wish him luck and hope it worked out for him but kinda hard to say that now no need to take shots at your old team just move on.

What pick do you think we gave up? Its undisclosed.

kmartin575
06-21-2007, 05:40 PM
What pick do you think we gave up? Its undisclosed.

I think it may have been a 7th round pick. It was conditional though. I have no clue what the conditions were but it is probably based on him simply making the roster.

Phrost
06-21-2007, 05:46 PM
I think it may have been a 7th round pick. It was conditional though. I have no clue what the conditions were but it is probably based on him simply making the roster.

Which probably won't happen I think.

Hermstheman83
06-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Wow...now Ryan Sims' has not class...No class, No talent, He's like J.Lo in the movie Gigli