PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young on Pacman

Man_Of_Steel
06-21-2007, 10:23 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2912448

In my opinion Young is showing alot of leadership here. Pacman's a talented player and for a second year player like Young to say they dont need him, they need character guys shows alot of maturity.

AlexDown
06-21-2007, 10:40 PM
You read the article right? He doesn't say the team doesn't need him. He said that Packman doesn't seem to care about the team. He wants him to get his life sorted out and come back.

Man_Of_Steel
06-21-2007, 10:46 PM
You read the article right? He doesn't say the team doesn't need him. He said that Packman doesn't seem to care about the team. He wants him to get his life sorted out and come back.

read between the lines.

JK17
06-21-2007, 10:54 PM
read between the lines.

I still don't think he meant they "don't need Pacman".

What he meant, IMO at least, was that though his actions Pacman was showing he doesn't care about the team. In a way, he's saying if you cared about football and the Titans, you wouldn't be getting yourself in trouble. He's calling him out in a way to provoke Pacman to change. Not that the Titans don't need Pacman, they do need what he can bring to the game, but he's saying if he doesn't change his attitude, its not just ruining his own life, but disrespecting the team as well.

eacantdraft
06-25-2007, 09:44 AM
Good for Vince. Distancing the team from the thug without really coming out and saying PacMan is a thug.

ShutDwn
06-25-2007, 10:17 AM
read between the lines.

No, Young never said anything along the lines of not needing him, or insinuated that they don't. Young only said he feels like Pac Man doesn't care about them.

Saying they don't need him would be stupid and untrue. They do need his talent, and to say that would only make him angry if anything.

CC.SD
06-25-2007, 10:53 AM
The Titans DON'T need him. Any benefits on the field obviously haven't been worth the PR trainwreck he's worked on their franchise.

eacantdraft
06-25-2007, 12:08 PM
No, Young never said anything along the lines of not needing him, or insinuated that they don't. Young only said he feels like Pac Man doesn't care about them.

Saying they don't need him would be stupid and untrue. They do need his talent, and to say that would only make him angry if anything.

Who cares if PacMan gets angry when his teammates say they don't need him.

Cashmoney
06-25-2007, 12:12 PM

who gives a **** if it makes pacman mad. he's made the titans and all their fans mad about 15 times in the past two years.

no love
06-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Please even if Pac man were mad, what could he do? He is lucky he is still on the Titans. Probably the only reason he hasn't been released yet is bc the Titans are unable to release him until he gets off of suspension.

Vikes99ej
06-25-2007, 01:41 PM
I'm glad that Young spoke out. I'm sure the whole team feels that way.

VY10
06-25-2007, 10:02 PM
Vince is the man. Pacman is such a waste of talent

06-25-2007, 11:09 PM
Vince is the man. Pacman is such a waste of talent

One crazy ass punt returner, I'll give him that.

reese
06-25-2007, 11:11 PM

and a hell of a corner

06-25-2007, 11:13 PM
and a hell of a corner

Needs to work on tackling and was inconsistant at times.

zoinks
06-26-2007, 12:04 AM

"Inconsistent at times"? He allowed only 1 TD this year, and didn't allow a single completion over 15 yards all year long.

From a pure talent standpoint, I'd take Pacman Jones over any other DB in the league. He not only shuts guys down....he wins games.

Ask Peyton Manning and Tom Brady about him....they won't throw at him, period. Or you can ask Eli Manning and David Garrard; they refused to back down, and took their chances.....the result was 0 completions, 3 INT's, and a pick-six.

And yet, even with all that, his spectacular playing ability is no match for his even more spectacular failure as a human being. His blend of inflated ego and appalling stupidity have essentially ended his NFL career just as it was getting warmed up, and he has no one but himself to blame. And the saddest part is, he still hasn't figured out where the true problem lies.

As far as VY's comments....I applaud his candor, but I'm afraid it's too little, too late. Fisher and the Titans organization distancing themselves from Pacman is one thing....they're something of an authority figure. But with VY speaking out against him, perhaps Pacman will realize that even his buddies no longer have his back, and might finally open his eyes.

I just wish there was a reasonable possibility that he could turn things around and get himself straightened out....if not for himself, then for his team. But it's pretty clear that that door is already closed....and the next door that closes will be the one on his prison cell.

reese
06-26-2007, 12:36 AM

he only gave up 6 completions while in man coverage the entire year...2nd only to champ...sounds pretty consistant to me...and pacman despite his size has no trouble stepping up in run support...and he has only played 2 years...id say he is the 2nd best corner in the league

OzTitan
06-26-2007, 01:11 AM
He had a pretty poor rookie season but then again, just about every CB does, let alone one on a poor defense. His 2nd year (i.e. last season) was the stuff of superstars, both on defense and ST. I still say he was the best returner in the NFL, that Eagles return was one of the all time great punt returns in NFL history. He broke 6 tackles or so, two of which were from the same guy as he was darting around.

I literally think if all this spells the end for Pacman, he may go down as the greatest talent wasted in NFL history. I don't think many people really understand how well he did on a bad D last season, playing CB well on a poor D is one of the hardest tasks in the game.

VY10
06-26-2007, 10:10 AM

Yes. too bad you can't return punts from jail or while you are suspended.