PDA

View Full Version : Send LJ Packing

bored of education
06-22-2007, 06:45 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ao0P__X5c5Dpegm5iD14TN85nYcB?slug=jc-johnson062107&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

The more I think about this, the more I want the deal done. Rebuilding to an extent is occurring.

Croyle, Page, Kolby Smith, Medlock, Wilson, Pollard, DJ, Hali, Bowe, and other young players on this team with a scattered group of mediocre veterans and LJ, Gonzo, Law and Donnie.

Sending LJ packing, to me would be great value wise. If he has a year where he gets 330 carries, 1300 yards his value will decrease.

Getting a guranteed 1st rounder, and at least one more 1st day pick would be awesome.

KC already has 3 extra picks i Believe and gaining at least 2 more nexy year would give them approx 11 picks.

I know if this was to occur, wouldnt be terrible I'd expect a 6-10 season.
But if he ever gets traded it has to happen NOW. If not he better stay 4 years.

T-RICH49
06-22-2007, 07:36 AM
he's not going anywhere.I bet something gets done in the 11th hour right before TC

BPhilb
06-22-2007, 09:35 AM
I don't think he is going anywhere either. Honestly, I think we are being a bit hasty in wanting to get rid of him. There are only a handful of truely special backs in the league and LJ is one of those guys. If we get rid of him we put a ton of pressure on our passing game and a first year quarterback. I don't think getting him signed is going to be an issue before the season as we now have Trent Green's cap space (7.2 million) to play with.