PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Next Raven to turn into a stud ?

ChefMike
06-22-2007, 08:04 AM
We have had a great history of great backups and drafting new ones to replace them when they leave to go elsewhere and prosper. Looking at some of the players on the Team that arent everydown players but could be: Daniel Wilcox ? Kyle Boller ? Dennis Haley ? David Pittman ? One of the OL ?

America
06-22-2007, 12:36 PM
Daniel Wilcox doesn't have the upside to become a stud. Someone who I see being a top player at their position in the future is Jason Brown. He's intelligent, extraordinarily strong, and relatively light on his feet. He's got major upside and already proved to be a solid starter in his second year. I had him as a fringe second/third round prospect when he came out, easily the 2nd best center prospect and a top 4 G. I guess he's technically an everydown player already but since he hasnt gone into the offseason as a starter before this year, he's still an emerging star.

Obviously I believe Demetrius Williams will be a stud. I loved Antwan Barnes coming out and I am absolutely excited to see what he can do in our scheme. Chris Chester is also another "drafted as backup lineman" who already has shown his major upside. Gerome Sapp could develop into an everydown player at SS, but not on our team. Word is he has bulked up and has been a S/LB hybrid in some nickel packages.

ccB
06-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Antwan Barnes will be a pro bowler

Ravens1991
06-22-2007, 04:03 PM
As the other 2 posters and I have said this from draft day I think Antwan Barnes will be a future pro bowler.

PoopSandwich
06-22-2007, 04:12 PM
Landry, thats my choice as a Browns fan, I like what I saw of him, and I know it may not follow what the question asks, but I really think he will turn out to be great especially with Ed Reed next to him.

Ravens1991
06-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Landry already is a stud.

America
06-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Landry already is a stud.

True dat. I really want us to bring in a young prospect at DE. Like Greg Peterson(Buccs) this year. He was 6'5, 285, fast, productive, just against a low level of competition. Someone who has the potential to replace Pryce.

Ravens1991
06-22-2007, 05:36 PM
I agree, I think we need to get a player because Pryce is 31ish for the future.

PoopSandwich
06-22-2007, 06:11 PM
I agree, I think we need to get a player because Pryce is 31ish for the future.

Yeah Landry is a stud, I'm just saying he isn't well known outside the division, I expect him to get some national attention this year, hes a great player.

ccB
06-22-2007, 06:31 PM
I also think Derrick Martin can be a great player in the future.

Flyboy
06-22-2007, 06:34 PM
I'll going to go with Landry.

BigDawg819
06-22-2007, 07:49 PM
We have had a great history of great backups and drafting new ones to replace them when they leave to go elsewhere and prosper. Looking at some of the players on the Team that arent everydown players but could be: Daniel Wilcox ? Kyle Boller ? Dennis Haley ? David Pittman ? One of the OL ?

The sheer fact that you actually mentioned Dennis Haley amuses me to no end!

Yung Flippa
06-23-2007, 05:50 PM
Demetrius Williams, Dawan Landry & From What I've Heard, I Guessing that Antawn Barnes will be a great player.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-23-2007, 08:32 PM
Yamon Figurs will be bigger than Devin Hester.

Ravens1991
06-23-2007, 08:36 PM
wow you really think that Ghetto I hope that is true

EdReedUnstoppable
06-24-2007, 09:01 AM
Demetrius Williams: I believe he will overtake Clayton in 2 to 3 years as our go to guy at WR.

Haloti Ngata: I think he'll be a perennial Pro Bowler

Quinn Sypniewski: I think he'll be one of those guys that we just can't keep and he'll go somewhere else and be a very good TE. He has the size, he has very underrated hands, and he blocks better than any TE on the Ravens.

Chris Chester: Very athletic, very quick, good attributes for a C, and he is only gonna get better and better with the more experience he gets at the C position.

Kyle Boller: Showed at the end of 05-06 season that he was starting to "Get It" and become a solid QB. When McNair went down in 06-07, Kyle played the best he has so far, he'll go somewhere after this year and he'll start and make us look like fools for letting him go. But hopefully Troy will make us look like draft geniouses again, and he'll be dominating.

Ravens1991
06-24-2007, 09:33 AM
I sometimes wished that Jason Brown would be at C, this way we would have to extremly agile Guards and Grubbs can go to his natural LG spot and Chester was playing RG last season. This way Brown knows how to read defenses as a C, Grubbs played LG last year, Chester played RG last year. So our o-line would be more expierenced this season.

BigDawg819
06-24-2007, 09:54 AM
I sometimes wished that Jason Brown would be at C, this way we would have to extremly agile Guards and Grubbs can go to his natural LG spot and Chester was playing RG last season. This way Brown knows how to read defenses as a C, Grubbs played LG last year, Chester played RG last year. So our o-line would be more expierenced this season.

Yeah because Brown was so horrible at Left Guard last season... :rolleyes:

Ravens1991
06-24-2007, 12:05 PM
I never said he sucked at LG he was decent, but he has expierence at C more then anybody besides Mike Flynn, Chester played RG this year so he can improve off that, and Grubbs was a great LG, plus we have 2 extremly mobile guards so they wont know who we are pulling.

dcarey20
06-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Demetrius Williams & Derrick Martin

ChefMike
06-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Yeah because Brown was so horrible at Left Guard last season... :rolleyes:

I don't think you have ever said a positive remark about anyone ? He never said he played horrible... Just that Grubbs might do more for us at LG and Brown can do more for us a Center then Flynn...and Chester can defintely do more then Vincent !

ChefMike
06-25-2007, 10:19 AM
The sheer fact that you actually mentioned Dennis Haley amuses me to no end!

You never know what could happen this year... Nobody was jumping out of their seat when Edge Hartwell was first starting out as a player... and look what he did for us... same with AD..

Ravens1991
06-25-2007, 10:56 AM
I don't think you have ever said a positive remark about anyone ? He never said he played horrible... Just that Grubbs might do more for us at LG and Brown can do more for us a Center then Flynn...and Chester can defintely do more then Vincent !

yea my theory was w/ all the contenders in the AFC w/ 3-4 defense (Chargers and Patriots) and Bengals and Browns run 3-4 also. Jason Brown at C could use his great strength to block the NT so hopfully we dont need to double team him, letting our athletic guards such as Grubbs and Chester get to the LB.

BigDawg819
06-25-2007, 11:02 AM

Why should I promote a flawed theory? Jason Brown has proven himself as our Left Guard after his performance last year and there is no reason to move him back to the Center position especially with Flynn and Chester there already. Not to mention the left side of the line is the most important side and I would rather have, as well as the coaching staff, JO and Jason Brown on the the left and Vincent and Terry on the right. If Ben Grubbs wants to play then he can beat out Vincent, if not then he can learn on the bench for a year and then be the starting Right Guard in 2008. I'm not going to buy in to this trend of you young people with slobbering all over rookies when we have established veterans in place. Maybe reading this post as well as others by a ERU, CCB, or Ghettosermon in the Ravens discussion will help educate the youth.

BigDawg819
06-25-2007, 11:03 AM
yea my theory was w/ all the contenders in the AFC w/ 3-4 defense (Chargers and Patriots) and Bengals and Browns run 3-4 also. Jason Brown at C could use his great strength to block the NT so hopfully we dont need to double team him, letting our athletic guards such as Grubbs and Chester get to the LB.

So with this statement, are you trying to imply that Chester does not have great strength to do the exact same thing?

Ravens1991
06-25-2007, 11:37 AM
well his main weakness was size and strength along w/ technique but had amazing athletic ability, while Brown main strengths were his brute strength.

ChefMike
06-28-2007, 03:49 PM
Why should I promote a flawed theory? Jason Brown has proven himself as our Left Guard after his performance last year and there is no reason to move him back to the Center position especially with Flynn and Chester there already. Not to mention the left side of the line is the most important side and I would rather have, as well as the coaching staff, JO and Jason Brown on the the left and Vincent and Terry on the right. If Ben Grubbs wants to play then he can beat out Vincent, if not then he can learn on the bench for a year and then be the starting Right Guard in 2008. I'm not going to buy in to this trend of you young people with slobbering all over rookies when we have established veterans in place. Maybe reading this post as well as others by a ERU, CCB, or Ghettosermon in the Ravens discussion will help educate the youth.

Well yes Brown has proven himself over what we have... but lets not hang the HOF tag on him just yet.. lets see how he does after this year before we make him into the second coming... Brown was drafted actually to be the replacement at Center where he was an All American... he was just drafted in 05 so he is not quite a veteran yet. Grubbs has been the best OG in his class for a few years and can walk in and play with the 1st Team now... We have a great young line but the operative word there is Young... they could be great they could end up being like the Deadskins line is now... full of holes they had all the makings of the next greatest thing a few years ago on the OL and now look at them... they stink ! So don't be so closed minded to moving some guys around and seeing if we can improve and make our situation up front even better then it already is looking like it will be...

bennybee38
06-28-2007, 08:18 PM
i really hope dan cody turns out big.