PDA

View Full Version : Kolby Smith signs

T-RICH49
06-22-2007, 01:29 PM
a three-year deal per rotoworld.I think Smith will make a impact his rookie year

Man_Of_Steel
06-22-2007, 01:33 PM
One heck of a player, I wanted the Steelers to get him.

BPhilb
06-22-2007, 01:49 PM
Good to hear. I'm really hoping we get Bowe into training camp. Rookie WR's have a hard enough time with a full camp getting acclimated in the NFL and it would be a shame to see him miss any time. I'm a bit nervous that the Quinn deal could take a long time and might affect some players close to his draft position.

Hermstheman83
06-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Also, D-Bo has the same agent as Mr. John Tait. aka Mr Holdout. Have you guys' gotten any word on the other day one picks?

Splat
06-22-2007, 08:03 PM
Good to hear my gut tells me D-Bo will hold out but I hope I'm wrong WR plus John Taits agent plus some what full of him self not a good match.

Hermstheman83
06-22-2007, 11:47 PM
Is our Salary cap going to be slim next year? I mean, LJ will(hopefully) get a contract extension? Shows you why I have a biology degree and not a buisness one eh?

You really think D-Bo is full of himself? I can see why you think that, I just assume it's a quiet confidence..

Splat
06-23-2007, 09:18 AM
Don't get me wrong I like D-Bo a lot great pick call it want you want full of him self quiet confidence what ever those kinda WR's are some of the better players in the NFL I'm for it if he plays as good as he talks.

Hermstheman83
06-23-2007, 09:47 AM
I was thinking that D-Bo wouldn't be a hard contract to sign. He seems like he really,really wants to improve himself and he is feeling "70% ready" I always thought it would've been a difficult deal getting Tank Tyler set up. He was projected to be a late first round player.

kmartin575
06-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Is our Salary cap going to be slim next year? I mean, LJ will(hopefully) get a contract extension? Shows you why I have a biology degree and not a buisness one eh?

You really think D-Bo is full of himself? I can see why you think that, I just assume it's a quiet confidence..

With the departure of Trent Green, Will Shields, Willie Roaf, Eric Hicks, Ryan Sims, Dante Hall, William Bartee, Sammy Knight, Kyle Turley, and Priest Holmes before too long I don't see how our salary cap would be tight at all next year. Greg Wesley will also likely be gone before the season and if Kendrell Bell makes the roster this year I could almost guarantee he won't make it next year. We have parted ways with the majority of our high paid players. I really think that we are looking at having over $20 million in cap room for next year. Larry Johnson will probably be making $9 or $10 million per year but when you think about it Trent Green was scheduled to make that much per year over the last few years of his deal so Larry Johnson is really not going to count that much against the cap.

BPhilb
06-24-2007, 09:23 PM
Rookie's have thier own cap. It's kind of a cap within a cap. It's not quite a slotting system, but is is some way. The only reason I fear a holdout is because Cleveland is going to have to get creative to sign Quinn, which probably means his yearly average is going to be much greater than what any player at 22 has gotten. I'm nervous that the agents around that pick may use Quinn's contract as a baseline for their own thus causing a ripple effect on those drafted near him.

Hermstheman83
06-24-2007, 09:39 PM
With the departure of Trent Green, Will Shields, Willie Roaf, Eric Hicks, Ryan Sims, Dante Hall, William Bartee, Sammy Knight, Kyle Turley, and Priest Holmes before too long I don't see how our salary cap would be tight at all next year. Greg Wesley will also likely be gone before the season and if Kendrell Bell makes the roster this year I could almost guarantee he won't make it next year. We have parted ways with the majority of our high paid players. I really think that we are looking at having over $20 million in cap room for next year. Larry Johnson will probably be making $9 or $10 million per year but when you think about it Trent Green was scheduled to make that much per year over the last few years of his deal so Larry Johnson is really not going to count that much against the cap.

That's awesome. It makes me angry to see that everyone is counting the Chiefs out this year but I think we'll keep surprising people, it also only makes matters better when the cap counts like that...thanks guys.