PDA

View Full Version : Tank Johnson stopped by police in Arizona

Sveen
06-22-2007, 04:14 PM
In what is becoming a ritual at Halas Hall, the Bears are gathering information about a police incident involving Tank Johnson that could affect the length of Johnson's eight-game NFL suspension -- if not affect his standing with the team.

Gilbert, Ariz., Police pulled Johnson over at 3:30 a.m. Friday and cited him for "being impaired to the slightest degree," according to Sgt. Andrew Duncan, a police spokesman. Police initially stopped Johnson for going 40 m.p.h. in a 25 m.p.h. zone when the officer on the scene "made observations that led him to believe Johnson was impaired," according to Duncan.

Johnson was taken to the Gilbert Police station where blood was drawn to determine his blood-alcohol content. Results of those tests aren't expected for up to two weeks, Duncan said. In Arizona, the legal limit for being under the influence is having a blood-alcohol content of .08.

Johnson has not been charged with DUI. If Johnson exceeded .08, he could be charged with driving under the influence. If he wasn't past the legal limit, Johnson still faces the charge of "being impaired to the slightest degree," according to Duncan. Gilbert prosecutors might also decide not to file any charges.

Source: http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-070622-bears,1,7203424.story?coll=cs-bears-headlines

Splat
06-22-2007, 04:27 PM
This off season has made the NFL look like they have nothing but a bunch of thugs playing for them which I know it not true but they are really taking PR hit.

PoopSandwich
06-22-2007, 04:29 PM
40 in a 25? Thats nothing... Now if he was swerving or something I understand, but I doubt anyone here can actually say they have never done 40 in a 25.

Sveen
06-22-2007, 04:30 PM
So true Splat420. It's sad to see the stupid actions of a few players overshadow everything else.

And I don't think it's the speeding that's the problem WinslowBodden. It's the fact that he decided to drive after he had been drinking (if that is what happened). After everything he has been through this off-season he should know better.

SubNoize
06-22-2007, 04:42 PM
40 in a 25? Thats nothing... Now if he was swerving or something I understand, but I doubt anyone here can actually say they have never done 40 in a 25.

15 over in AZ is a felony...

PoopSandwich
06-22-2007, 05:32 PM
So true Splat420. It's sad to see the stupid actions of a few players overshadow everything else.

And I don't think it's the speeding that's the problem WinslowBodden. It's the fact that he decided to drive after he had been drinking (if that is what happened). After everything he has been through this off-season he should know better.

Yeah I understand that, and if he was drinking hes a moron... I'm just saying I am pretty sure almost anyone has gone 40 in a 25 maybe even thinking it was a 25... It's too fast for a 25, but I am pretty sure almost everyone has done it.

Space Ghost
06-22-2007, 06:01 PM
If I were Tank Johnson I'd just start driving a tank around instead of a car. That would be badass. Tank in a Tank. Seriously, if it weren't for his contract this could have been avoided completely, he probably drives a ******* '92 Ford E-250 Cargo Van his uncle died in or something with the cash the Bears are giving him.

M.O.T.H.
06-22-2007, 06:04 PM
It's quite minor... the only reason it's even a story is because, he pretty much just squashed any chance of having his suspension reduced to six games. Funny how these guys never learn though...

ShutDwn
06-22-2007, 06:31 PM
This off season has made the NFL look like they have nothing but a bunch of thugs playing for them which I know it not true but they are really taking PR hit.

That is the media. How many single players have been suspended?

Even if 50 players different have been arrested in the past year, that is still only 3% of the entire league.

Lets get one thing straight about football players that the media is completely overlooking. They are human, and there is crime everywhere, not just NFL players.

For every player that is troublesome there are 10 other stars that don't and represent the league great.

I seriously doubt there has been a rise at all in the crime rate for the NFL.

Splat
06-22-2007, 06:36 PM
How many single players have been suspended?

That I know of for this season.

Jared Allen
Tank Johnson
Chris Henry
Pacman Jones

I'm not sure if that is all?

Damix
06-22-2007, 07:25 PM
Antonio Bryant first 2 games.

sweetness34
06-22-2007, 08:00 PM
If I were Tank Johnson I'd just start driving a tank around instead of a car. That would be badass. Tank in a Tank. Seriously, if it weren't for his contract this could have been avoided completely, he probably drives a ******* '92 Ford E-250 Cargo Van his uncle died in or something with the cash the Bears are giving him.

Who gives a **** what he drives? Athletes are overpaid anyway IMO.

someone447
06-22-2007, 08:16 PM
If he is under .08 this is a complete no story. It sounds like they are expecting him to be under a .08 and to not even get charged with a DUI. It's funny how everyone jumps on them before any facts are out. If he gets higher than a .08 I recant my statement, but if he is at a .04 that is only a few beers over the course of a night.

I bet the NFL doesn't have a higher percentage of DUI's than the normal population.

sweetness34
06-22-2007, 08:20 PM
If he is under .08 this is a complete no story. It sounds like they are expecting him to be under a .08 and to not even get charged with a DUI. It's funny how everyone jumps on them before any facts are out. If he gets higher than a .08 I recant my statement, but if he is at a .04 that is only a few beers over the course of a night.

I bet the NFL doesn't have a higher percentage of DUI's than the normal population.

Going over 15mph the speed limit in Arizona is a felony though, and he's already on probation. He's done in Chicago.

someone447
06-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Going over 15mph the speed limit in Arizona is a felony though, and he's already on probation. He's done in Chicago.

They will plead it down, I would venture a guess that very few people get charged with a felony for going 15 over. He will end up getting a normal traffic violation and the impaired to the slightest degree(or whatever that is called) charge.

Space Ghost
06-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Who gives a **** what he drives? Athletes are overpaid anyway IMO.

Just sayin the man aint gettin no scrill, sun!!

TitleTown088
06-22-2007, 09:38 PM
15 over is a felony? Wow, i'd be behind bars for life if i lived der.

Smokey Joe
06-22-2007, 09:40 PM
he needs to be cut already. All this **** about becoming a model citizen and such. Some people never change.

Space Ghost
06-22-2007, 09:51 PM
he needs to be cut already. All this **** about becoming a model citizen and such. Some people never change.

Pffft... some posters never change...

yourfavestoner
06-22-2007, 10:00 PM

Oh. My. God. Why does anybody even freakin' care if he was driving 15 mph over the speed limit, especially if he turns out to be under the legal BAC limit.

Also, keep in mind that this is a 6'3 300 pound man. He probably doesn't even feel alcohol until he starts blowing a 1.5.

Space Ghost
06-22-2007, 10:02 PM
Oh. My. God. Why does anybody even freakin' care if he was driving 15 mph over the speed limit, especially if he turns out to be under the legal BAC limit.

Also, keep in mind that this is a 6'3 300 pound man. He probably doesn't even feel alcohol until he starts blowing a 1.5.

It was probably down hill and his weight just made the car go that much faster.

Smokey Joe
06-22-2007, 10:06 PM
He made a statement where he said he would be the NFL's model citizen. Driving around at 3:30 at night, with traces of alcohol, and driving pass the speed limit, which at 15 mph over in AZ is a felony... idiotic, and he should be cut. This is what, the 5th or 6th time he has had a run in with the police in the past 2 years?

Space Ghost
06-22-2007, 10:13 PM
He made a statement where he said he would be the NFL's model citizen. Driving around at 3:30 at night, with traces of alcohol, and driving pass the speed limit, which at 15 mph over in AZ is a felony... idiotic, and he should be cut. This is what, the 5th or 6th time he has had a run in with the police in the past 2 years?

Maybe he was kickin it with a few boys late at night pounding a 60 back with a few 9s on his lap shooting them off into the air. Then he realized that he needed to go hit up his dealer for some cron and he hit the highway so impaired he didn't even bother trying to read the speed limit or the speed he was going. Hes a gangsta thug.

Relax. Its practically the smallest offense worth reporting and it is only because he is Tank Johnson. If Derek Rackley or someone else did this no one would even care.

Sveen
07-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Blood tests revealed that former Bears DT Tank Johnson wasn't legally drunk while speeding in Arizona last week.
Tank's alcohol-blood level was .072, just below Arizona's legal limit of .08. He could use this news to help convince another team he's worth a gamble.

Source: http://www.rotoworld.com

SFbear
07-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Source: http://www.rotoworld.com

It seems high enough for the Bears to be justified considering Tank's "Man of the Year" spiel after his release. I wonder how many drinks it takes a 300 lb giant to blow a .072. I wonder if Tank will take legal action against the police department.

SubNoize
07-02-2007, 06:37 PM
It seems high enough for the Bears to be justified considering Tank's "Man of the Year" spiel after his release. I wonder how many drinks it takes a 300 lb giant to blow a .072. I wonder if Tank will take legal action against the police department.

for what? he can't take action against the police department. they made a routine stop for somebody speeding and at that time in the morning they had good suspicion that he may be impaired which he was to the slightest. also as i stated, we take speeding and dui's very serious because az has a high auto fatality rate.

Don Vito
07-02-2007, 09:50 PM
ESPN just showed Johnson was under the legal limit, he was at .072 and it is .08

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2923817

Im_a_Romosexual
07-02-2007, 10:27 PM
^ It was a bad decision to be drinking and driving anyways.

Geaux Saints
07-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Who cares if it was a bad decision? It wasn't illegal. People get pulled over for tickets every day. You stick with a guy through gun charges and prison sentences... but when he gets wrongfully accused of LEGALLY being too drunk to drive, they cut him without thinking.

Oh well, he'll end up somewhere better anyways. My guess....

Indy... or NE.

PACKmanN
07-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Who cares if it was a bad decision? It wasn't illegal. People get pulled over for tickets every day. You stick with a guy through gun charges and prison sentences... but when he gets wrongfully accused of LEGALLY being too drunk to drive, they cut him without thinking.

Indy... or NE.

He will be in Denver in no time. He should sue the cops that took him in for "being to drunk to drive."

Geaux Saints
07-03-2007, 02:33 PM
He will be in Denver in no time. He should sue the cops that took him in for "being to drunk to drive."

He should. If he wasn't "Tank Johnson," the Cops woulda called in a breathalizer instead of just taking him in immediately.

Moses
07-03-2007, 02:49 PM
He should. If he wasn't "Tank Johnson," the Cops woulda called in a breathalizer instead of just taking him in immediately.

Do you actually think police would recognize a guy like Tank Johnson? The vast majority of NFL players are unrecognizable by the average person.

Geaux Saints
07-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Do you actually think police would recognize a guy like Tank Johnson? The vast majority of NFL players are unrecognizable by the average person.

Yeah I do think police would, considering how much focus the NFL has put on him and Pac Man and their relationships with police. I wouldn't be surprised to see their pictures in every cop car like when you're banned from an amusement park or something and they have your picture with the words "don't let in." Only difference is the NFL players pics say "Arrest on site, no evidence neccessary."

Moses
07-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Yeah I do think police would, considering how much focus the NFL has put on him and Pac Man and their relationships with police. I wouldn't be surprised to see their pictures in every cop car like when you're banned from an amusement park or something and they have your picture with the words "don't let in." Only difference is the NFL players pics say "Arrest on site, no evidence neccessary."

Yup...

Good to see another terrible poster has joined the NFLDC ranks. I'm sure that police in Arizona have a picture of a random defensive tackle from the Chicago Bears posted in their car. I couldn't even pick Johnson out of a crowd and I'm a hardcore NFL fan.

Geaux Saints
07-03-2007, 03:01 PM
It feels so good to be back and pissing people off :)

cardsalltheway
07-03-2007, 03:23 PM

Indy... or NE.

You really think the Colts would touch a guy with the kind of off-the-field issues he has? Not to mention that they have absolutely no need for another nose.

SubNoize
07-04-2007, 11:04 AM

tank refused a breathalizer, so he was taken to the station and they had to obtain a warrant from the judge to do a blood test, tank was very rude and took a bad attitude toward the police. In any case, driving is a priviledge, not a right and the police reserve the right to take away your priviledge at any moment if they find it necessary, you know like when you're felony speeding in their town, I know exactly where tank got pulled over and there is a lot of pedestrians crossing there at all times day or night, it's a hotspot for immigrants crossing back and forth, he should have slowed down. Why do you feel he was treated so badly, I would have been taken in the same had i refused a field sobriety test.

someone447
07-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Field sobriety tests are terrible. It is very unlikely you will pass them regardless if you have drank or not. They are designed to get you to fail them.

Smokey Joe
07-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Um, Tank Johnson refused the breathalizer, and since the police likely had evidence of drunk driving, they had to take him for a blood test. And obviously there was evidence of drunk driving as he just barely passed it. And, this shows he was drunk before driving. And 15 mph over the speed limit is still breaking the law and a felony in Arizona. You know what, people can hardly give a **** if some people think 15 mph above the speed limit is nothing, cause it is Arizona's law. And Tank Johnson does make his living in Arizona so he should have obviously known this.

It amazes me how people are defending him like this. He broke the law people, and he could have very easily killed himself or several others out on the rode. And he is a big man people, for him to get his BAL up to .072, he must have drank a ********.

Damix
07-04-2007, 01:28 PM
Please he was is all likelyhood over the limit while driving, he barely got under in a blood test which means he was higher when he was pulled over.

Smokey Joe
07-04-2007, 01:37 PM
Please he was is all likelyhood over the limit while driving, he barely got under in a blood test which means he was higher when he was pulled over.
He could still be charged with a DUI, but probably won't.

someone447
07-04-2007, 01:44 PM
Um, Tank Johnson refused the breathalizer, and since the police likely had evidence of drunk driving, they had to take him for a blood test. And obviously there was evidence of drunk driving as he just barely passed it. And, this shows he was drunk before driving. And 15 mph over the speed limit is still breaking the law and a felony in Arizona. You know what, people can hardly give a **** if some people think 15 mph above the speed limit is nothing, cause it is Arizona's law. And Tank Johnson does make his living in Arizona so he should have obviously known this.

It amazes me how people are defending him like this. He broke the law people, and he could have very easily killed himself or several others out on the rode. And he is a big man people, for him to get his BAL up to .072, he must have drank a ********.

He was close to .01 percent under the legal limit, with as big of a guy he was more than one drink under. The alcohol is a non-factor here, what he did was not illegal. His speeding was illegal.

It doesn't matter if he had to drink more than a normal sized person to get to his BAC level, he was the same level impaired as a small person who only needed 2 or 3 drinks to get to a .072.

In many states, if you refuse a breathalyzer you will automatically get taken in. I am guessing Arizona is one of those states.

15 over being a felony is absolutely ridiculous. I don't care if that is the law, that is far from being a severely dangerous amount over the limit. Hell 25 MPH over is pushing it.

Some of you people are so ******* hypocritical. He deserves to be fired because he had a legal amount of alcohol in his system and was speeding? Come on, if you drink alcohol and you are capable of driving a car, you will have done this, or you will in the near future.

Just about everyone has driven after having a few drinks. I would be willing to be a lot of money that almost everyone who drinks has driven when they are over the legal limit always.

Those in glass houses should not throw stones.

Smokey Joe
07-04-2007, 01:56 PM
He was close to .01 percent under the legal limit, with as big of a guy he was more than one drink under. The alcohol is a non-factor here, what he did was not illegal. His speeding was illegal.

It doesn't matter if he had to drink more than a normal sized person to get to his BAC level, he was the same level impaired as a small person who only needed 2 or 3 drinks to get to a .072.

In many states, if you refuse a breathalyzer you will automatically get taken in. I am guessing Arizona is one of those states.

15 over being a felony is absolutely ridiculous. I don't care if that is the law, that is far from being a severely dangerous amount over the limit. Hell 25 MPH over is pushing it.

Some of you people are so ******* hypocritical. He deserves to be fired because he had a legal amount of alcohol in his system and was speeding? Come on, if you drink alcohol and you are capable of driving a car, you will have done this, or you will in the near future.

Just about everyone has driven after having a few drinks. I would be willing to be a lot of money that almost everyone who drinks has driven when they are over the legal limit always.

Yeah, you're right. Being almost drunk and speeding is nothing. :rolleyes:

Hey, I have a question for you. What if Tank ran over a pedestrian? He very well could have. Just because he is barely under the legal limit doesn't mean he still isn't impaired, plus he was speeding at night. A person could be walking by, and he could have very easily ran over that person.

someone447
07-04-2007, 02:03 PM
Yeah, you're right. Being almost drunk and speeding is nothing. :rolleyes:

Hey, I have a question for you. What if Tank ran over a pedestrian? He very well could have. Just because he is barely under the legal limit doesn't mean he still isn't impaired, plus he was speeding at night. A person could be walking by, and he could have very easily ran over that person.

As long as we are getting into hypotheticals. What if you get into your car, start driving down the street, and it a kid that was crossing the street? I guess you should be arrested now because you might hurt someone. He did nothing illegal in regards to the alcohol. Millions of people do that every weekend, hell millions probably drive over the legal limit every weekend. Everyone who has ever driven a car has sped. He did nothing different than millions upon million of people do.

15 over is nothing, but if you have never went more than 15 over the speed limit, I will rescind my entire argument.(disclaimer:you have to be able to drive, with your naivite you seem pretty young.)

Now go ask anyone age 25 or older and ask them if they have ever driven after drinking a couple beers. Hell ask anyone that can drive, and has drank alcohol. I don't even have a car and I have driven drunk.

Have you ever driven while talking on a cellphone? There have been studies shown that your reaction time while talking on a cell phone is worse than if you are legally drunk.

SubNoize
07-04-2007, 02:10 PM

http://www.ci.gilbert.az.us/images/gallery/downtown1003.jpg

That is where he was pulled over, in dowtown gilbert on a narrow street that you really need to do 25 at, not 40! on top of that, on the other side of that picture is a YMCA, which behind that is Gilbert Elementary. further south and you have Gilbert High School. The speed limit was set to 25 because it's a high pedestrian area at all times day or night, being slightly impaired and driving 15 over, which is felony, is going to get you pulled over. On top of that, refusing a field sobriety test and pushing things further out by about 2 hours, he barely was under the legal limit, had he tested on site he would have been over. Don't downplay the scenario unless you have all the facts and then go, "well i bet you've done it" not even once, I don't drink unless someone can drive, if they can't i call a cab, even if it's only a couple. az is crazy about dui enforcement, not worth the risk.

SuperKevin
07-04-2007, 02:13 PM
On Monday I learned that if you drank 12 beers in 2 hours at 10 PM you wouldn't have a BAC of 0.00 until 8 PM the following day. You'd technically be over the limit when you woke up to go to work the next day

Damix
07-04-2007, 02:18 PM
On Monday I learned that if you drank 12 beers in 2 hours at 10 PM you wouldn't have a BAC of 0.00 until 8 PM the following day. You'd technically be over the limit when you woke up to go to work the next day

This might be true for you, but weight matters.

Who cares if he was under the legal limit after getting a blood test that was probably a good 30 minutes after he was driving atleast. He barely got under. He'll get off on a technicality. Not only this, but we was pulled over at 15 over and gave some hint to being impaired. Despite what you may think, police don't breathalize every single person.

Oh and because other people have done it, its now ok? You're the only one being naive here.

SuperKevin
07-04-2007, 02:18 PM

Who cares if he was under the legal limit after getting a blood test that was probably a good 30 minutes after he was driving atleast. He barely got under. He'll get off on a technicality. Not only this, but we was pulled over at 15 over and gave some hint to being impaired. Despite what you may think, police don't breathalize every single person.

That was for a 185 lb person. i forgot theres a lot of fat people here in the forum

someone447
07-04-2007, 02:21 PM
http://www.ci.gilbert.az.us/images/gallery/downtown1003.jpg

That is where he was pulled over, in dowtown gilbert on a narrow street that you really need to do 25 at, not 40! on top of that, on the other side of that picture is a YMCA, which behind that is Gilbert Elementary. further south and you have Gilbert High School. The speed limit was set to 25 because it's a high pedestrian area at all times day or night, being slightly impaired and driving 15 over, which is felony, is going to get you pulled over. On top of that, refusing a field sobriety test and pushing things further out by about 2 hours, he barely was under the legal limit, had he tested on site he would have been over. Don't downplay the scenario unless you have all the facts and then go, "well i bet you've done it" not even once, I don't drink unless someone can drive, if they can't i call a cab, even if it's only a couple. az is crazy about dui enforcement, not worth the risk.

It is easy to lie when there is no way to be proven wrong isn't it?

It was 3:30 in the ******* morning, it doesn't matter if an Elementary school or a YMCA was right there.

Hell, in Texas, residential areas are 35 miles an hour. 40 mph is a respectable speed in an area like that, it was still illegal, but it isn't like he was going 60 through downtown.

Not only that, but I never once said he shouldn't have been taken in. I am saying that being cut is much to strict considering he wasn't DUI, you are the one jumping to conclusions about how impaired he was. All we have to go by is the .072 that he got, which is completely legal.

I will refuse a field sobriety test if I am completely stone cold sober, they are designed to make you fail. I will take the breathilyzer, but not the saying the alphabet backwards, standing on one leg while touching your nose, etc.

someone447
07-04-2007, 02:29 PM

Oh and because other people have done it, its now ok? You're the only one being naive here.

It is completely ok to drive while under the .08 limit. He was almost .01 under the legal limit, he is a very big guy. You are jumping to conclusions by saying that he was driving intoxicated.

Like I originally said, I doubt that very many people get charged with a felony for going 15 over. It is much more likely to get pled down to a normal traffic ticket and Tank will get a fine, exactly what he deserves.

It is about hypocrisy. People who have done the exact thing he did but who have not gotten caught are now crucifying him.

SubNoize
07-04-2007, 02:29 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_alcohol_content

scroll down a little bit and look at the effects at different levels.

.06-.10

Impairment includes: reflexes, reasoning, depth perception, distance acuity, peripheral vision and glare recovery.

Last time I checked you needed everything shown to be impaired at that level to properly and safely operate a motor vehicle.

by the way your 12 beers and hitting BAC 0.0 the next day at 8pm is BS, you subtract .01% every forty minutes. it would have only taken tank 1 hour and 20 minutes to slide within legal limits, which with the time it takes to get to the station and wait on the judge for a warrant, it is reasonable to believe that he was above legal limit at the time of stoppage.

SuperKevin
07-04-2007, 02:33 PM

.06-.10

Impairment includes: reflexes, reasoning, depth perception, distance acuity, peripheral vision and glare recovery.

Last time I checked you needed everything shown to be impaired at that level to properly and safely operate a motor vehicle.

by the way your 12 beers and hitting BAC 0.0 the next day at 8pm is BS, you subtract .01% every forty minutes. it would have only taken tank 1 hour and 20 minutes to slide within legal limits, which with the time it takes to get to the station and wait on the judge for a warrant, it is reasonable to believe that he was above legal limit at the time of stoppage.

Um for a 185 lb person, 12 beers in 2 hours puts you at around .28

SubNoize
07-04-2007, 02:33 PM

It was 3:30 in the ******* morning, it doesn't matter if an Elementary school or a YMCA was right there.

Hell, in Texas, residential areas are 35 miles an hour. 40 mph is a respectable speed in an area like that, it was still illegal, but it isn't like he was going 60 through downtown.

Not only that, but I never once said he shouldn't have been taken in. I am saying that being cut is much to strict considering he wasn't DUI, you are the one jumping to conclusions about how impaired he was. All we have to go by is the .072 that he got, which is completely legal.

I will refuse a field sobriety test if I am completely stone cold sober, they are designed to make you fail. I will take the breathilyzer, but not the saying the alphabet backwards, standing on one leg while touching your nose, etc.

easy to lie? how? look up historic downtown gilbert az and you'll find these same pics. not that hard. also look up gilbert elementary and gilbert high schoola and you'll find that everything i've said and you've seen is at or near the gilbert rd and elliot rd intersection in gilbert az. as far as the field sobriety test being designed to make you fail that is utter cynical garbage. yeah following a light with your eyes or walking a straight line are way to hard for a human being, those animals. OMG what if they ask you to say the alphabet backwards? you're totally SOL on that huh? if you're sober you'll pass with ease, see how friendly the cops get when you refuse buddy, i'm sure your plea down will be laughed at as your ass gets nailed to the full extent of the law.

SuperKevin
07-04-2007, 02:35 PM
easy to lie? how? look up historic downtown gilbert az and you'll find these same pics. not that hard. also look up gilbert elementary and gilbert high schoola and you'll find that everything i've said and you've seen is at or near the gilbert rd and elliot rd intersection in gilbert az. as far as the field sobriety test being designed to make you fail that is utter cynical garbage. yeah following a light with your eyes or walking a straight line are way to hard for a human being, those animals. OMG what if they ask you to say the alphabet backwards? you're totally SOL on that huh? if you're sober you'll pass with ease, see how friendly the cops get when you refuse buddy, i'm sure your plea down will be laughed at as your ass gets nailed to the full extent of the law.

i have failed numerous sobriety tests while completely sober

SubNoize
07-04-2007, 02:39 PM

yeah if you're that small then yes it would take 18 hours to hit 0.00.

SubNoize
07-04-2007, 02:40 PM
i have failed numerous sobriety tests while completely sober

are you super as in mentally challenged super then?

someone447
07-04-2007, 02:42 PM

.06-.10

Regardless, the amount of alcohol in his system was completely legal. Like I said, have you ever operated a vehicle while talking on the phone? Mythbusters did something on it showing that talking on a cell phone while driving was as dangerous, if not more than drunk driving.(yes, I know mythbusters isn't the most reputable source, but than again, neither is wikipedia. If I find the study I had read, I will post it)

SuperKevin
07-04-2007, 02:42 PM
are you super as in mentally challenged super then?

No but at 1 AM it's hard to say the alphabet backwards with a flashlight shined directly in your face. or stand on one leg while wearing sandals on a wet grassy slope

SubNoize
07-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Regardless, the amount of alcohol in his system was completely legal. Like I said, have you ever operated a vehicle while talking on the phone? Mythbusters did something on it showing that talking on a cell phone while driving was as dangerous, if not more than drunk driving.(yes, I know mythbusters isn't the most reputable source, but than again, neither is wikipedia. If I find the study I had read, I will post it)

I actually don't talk on the phone while driving because people who do piss me off and I don't want to be a damn hypocrit, and yes wikipedia is not the most relaible source, but I've seen that chart before in the D.A.R.E classes they made us take in the 10th grade.

SuperKevin
07-04-2007, 02:47 PM
I'll be honest, I probably drive "drunk" at least 3 times a month and nothing ever happens

SubNoize
07-04-2007, 02:49 PM
I'll be honest, I probably drive "drunk" at least 3 times a month and nothing ever happens

wow, you are not a very smart man at all. you put your own and others life at risk with your half assed driving everytime, when you finally get caught, and you will, you'll regret it more than anything. the fines and jail time and classes they make you take will completely wreck any kind of work/social life you have going.

someone447
07-04-2007, 02:52 PM

Easy to lie about not ever driving after having a couple drinks, yes, yes it is.

"Officer, my lawyer has told me never to consent to a field sobriety test, but I would be more than happy to take a breathilyzer. I in no way want to offend you, but I am afraid my nerves will get the better of me." Congratulations, you have just succeeded in avoiding the field sobriety test without angering the police officer.

I guess you are the kind of person who will automatically consent to a search also? That is another thing that I will refuse to do, regardless if I have contraband or not.

You do know what they look for when you are told to follow the light with your eyes, don't you? If you get a little hitch while following it you fail. Unfortunately, some people are unable to follow the light without a hitch regardless if they have been drinking.

How about standing on one leg? Have you ever attempted that when you are tired, you are going to start swaying.

I'll give you the walking, that one is easy, but then again, I can pass that no problem drunk off my ass.

The alphabet backwards, hell I can't even do it very well and I practice it.

someone447
07-04-2007, 02:56 PM
wow, you are not a very smart man at all. you put your own and others life at risk with your half assed driving everytime, when you finally get caught, and you will, you'll regret it more than anything. the fines and jail time and classes they make you take will completely wreck any kind of work/social life you have going.

I will agree with that, I have driven drunk 3 times total, and I regret them all. One the most because it led to me beginning to date a girl I didn't want to date.

But when some people say that people who drive drunk are the scum of the earth and evil people, and how they are going to kill someone, that just pisses me off. MANY, MANY, MANY people who have driven drunk have not killed people. It is PARTIALLY a propoganda machine designed by MADD. I know it raised the chance of it happening, but it isn't an eventuality, it is a chance.

someone447
07-04-2007, 02:59 PM
I actually don't talk on the phone while driving because people who do piss me off and I don't want to be a damn hypocrit, and yes wikipedia is not the most relaible source, but I've seen that chart before in the D.A.R.E classes they made us take in the 10th grade.

And D.A.R.E is a better source? AHAHAHAHAHAHA, nothing like people with an agenda giving information to young minds.

Another lie to make yourself seem like a saint. I am not saying you do all the time, but I am certain you do occasionally.

SubNoize
07-04-2007, 03:06 PM
Easy to lie about not ever driving after having a couple drinks, yes, yes it is.

"Officer, my lawyer has told me never to consent to a field sobriety test, but I would be more than happy to take a breathilyzer. I in no way want to offend you, but I am afraid my nerves will get the better of me." Congratulations, you have just succeeded in avoiding the field sobriety test without angering the police officer.

I guess you are the kind of person who will automatically consent to a search also? That is another thing that I will refuse to do, regardless if I have contraband or not.

You do know what they look for when you are told to follow the light with your eyes, don't you? If you get a little hitch while following it you fail. Unfortunately, some people are unable to follow the light without a hitch regardless if they have been drinking.

How about standing on one leg? Have you ever attempted that when you are tired, you are going to start swaying.

I'll give you the walking, that one is easy, but then again, I can pass that no problem drunk off my ass.

The alphabet backwards, hell I can't even do it very well and I practice it.

well i gues you're one of those aclu hippy liberals... when will you finally realize that you have no rights, the police are going to what they want and how they want. your ridiculous lawyer line is laughable. it takes a radio call and they can get a search warrant and molest you as they please. i will consent to a search or field sobriety test with ease because i have nothing to hide or worry about and it speeds things up and makes my day easier, i don't feel it necessary to waste an officers time because i want to be some pretensious asshole about my civil liberties. let the damn officer get to a real crime instead of throwing a stink because he suspects you of being impaired because you can't drive right. it's not hard to follow a light woth your eyes, you move back and forth, up and down, natural eye motions. standing on one leg is easy, it's called balance and leg strength get it. and abc backwards is simple, you learn them forwards in kindergarten, just flip it the other way.

SubNoize
07-04-2007, 03:08 PM
And D.A.R.E is a better source? AHAHAHAHAHAHA, nothing like people with an agenda giving information to young minds.

Another lie to make yourself seem like a saint. I am not saying you do all the time, but I am certain you do occasionally.

never, when I drink I drink to get wasted. I don't get buzzed, so I always have a driver. even if I've only had a few, I'll still call a cab or get a driver, my uncle got a dui and it crushed his life, i'd never takae the risk. i'm no saint by any means, i'm just smarter than to get behind the wheel drunk or buzzed.

Moses
07-04-2007, 03:24 PM

Johnson getting cut was a team decision. They probably told him after he was incarcerated that if he had one slipup, no matter how small, he would be cut. This was his slipup. Teams can cut whoever they want, for whatever reason they want.

ricky bobby
07-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Johnson getting cut was a team decision. They probably told him after he was incarcerated that if he had one slipup, no matter how small, he would be cut. This was his slipup. Teams can cut whoever they want, for whatever reason they want.
Which makes everyone wonder why on earth the Titans are keeping Adam Jones around.

Damix
07-04-2007, 03:38 PM
Which makes everyone wonder why on earth the Titans are keeping Adam Jones around.

Because cutting him would be stupid right now.

ricky bobby
07-04-2007, 04:09 PM
Because cutting him would be stupid right now.
Oh yeah? How so?

Unless there is a huge cap hit.

someone447
07-04-2007, 05:07 PM
well i gues you're one of those aclu hippy liberals... when will you finally realize that you have no rights, the police are going to what they want and how they want. your ridiculous lawyer line is laughable. it takes a radio call and they can get a search warrant and molest you as they please. i will consent to a search or field sobriety test with ease because i have nothing to hide or worry about and it speeds things up and makes my day easier, i don't feel it necessary to waste an officers time because i want to be some pretensious asshole about my civil liberties. let the damn officer get to a real crime instead of throwing a stink because he suspects you of being impaired because you can't drive right. it's not hard to follow a light woth your eyes, you move back and forth, up and down, natural eye motions. standing on one leg is easy, it's called balance and leg strength get it. and abc backwards is simple, you learn them forwards in kindergarten, just flip it the other way.

Cops become cops for the power trip. When you are polite and submissive, while still asserting your rights, they are much more likely to let you go. I got arrested one time, I should have been charged with an MIP, public intoxication, trespassing, and even possibly breaking and entering(I tried walking into what I thought was my house, it turns out I was just a drunk dumbass.) I should have been thrown in jail for the night. However, I was very polite and submissive, while not letting them search me, and all they did was write me a public intoxication ticket and dropped me off at home.

I would rather be a pretentious asshole about my civil liberties than to allow a search which gives them a chance to plant something on me.

Some people ARE NOT ABLE to follow the light with their eyes without a noticible jerk, they just physically aren't able. I would rather not risk being one of those people who can't do it.

Like the other guy said, standing on a wet hill in sandals on one leg isn't very easy. Not only that, but you are nervous as all hell regardless if you have had anything to drink. One of my friends got a DUI because the officer smelled alcohol on him. However, he didn't even have a drop that night, someone bumped into him and a beer was spilled.

Let me guess, you are still in high school? That would explain why you are so damn naive about the police. You hesistate for a second when trying to recite the alphabet backwards and they will book you for DUI.

Moses, I understand it was the teams decision. I just think they overreacted on this account. He got a speeding ticket.

duckseason
07-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Wait, people still trust and respect random cops?

someone447
07-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Wait, people still trust and respect random cops?

Naive high schoolers do.

To get out of anything, you just have to be a little *****, but I would rather end up in jail and fighting in the courts than to allow them to search me.

duckseason
07-04-2007, 06:00 PM

Coors light or Sam Adams Utopias?

Beer ranges from 2% abv all the way up to 25%. The number of beers you drink doesn't matter. It's the amount of alcohol you consume. DARE and MADD charts and tables do not translate to the real world. I could drink 1 beer and be over the legal limit. Or I could drink 3 "beers" and be under. If groups like that really want to curb drunken driving, they should consider handing out portable breathalyzer's like planned parenthood does condoms. Stop blaming the alcohol and start helping the people. In other words, pull their heads out of their ass, and start acting like they know a thing or two about their stated mission. I've blown a .14 and felt stone sober. Many people hop into their car thinking there's no way they're above .08, because in reality, .08 isn't "drunk." If it were, then the legal limit would be lower. Like .04
What those silly charts do, is give people a false sense of security, and put more people on the road who are a shade over the limit. "Well, according to that chart, I'm still under. Where's my keys?"

My policy? Not a sip. Literally, if I've taken one sip of beer, I won't drive for the rest of the day. And I actually remind myself before I pop the crown. "Was there anything I needed from the store before I pop this?" It's the only way to be absolutely sure.

ricky bobby
07-04-2007, 06:15 PM
Cops are just regular people. Some of them are real ass-holes, but most are very reasonable. Cops, like regular people want respect, and if you give it to them, they will be very reasonable. My Driver's Ed teacher in HS had a buddy who was a cop. When he pulled somebody and they handed him their license and registration within 15 seconds, he never gave a ticket.

Someone - I've heard about that condition where your eye jerks. It's a very rare condition, and if you get a DUI based on that, I'm sure the courts will drop it.

duckseason
07-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Cops are just regular people. Some of them are real ass-holes, but most are very reasonable. Cops, like regular people want respect, and if you give it to them, they will be very reasonable. My Driver's Ed teacher in HS had a buddy who was a cop. When he pulled somebody and they handed him their license and registration within 15 seconds, he never gave a ticket.

Exactly. Cops are just regular people. That is my point. It is bad policy to just blindly trust and respect a regular stranger. I've met many cops who seemed to be good people, and I've met just as many who needed to be smacked upside the head. Also, let's not forget the training that these cops receive. Part of their job description is to be two faced. Before any feelings of trust or respect, the wise will be fearful in the presence of these people. Just like you would around any other person with an arsenal of weapons and more power than they know what to do with. Not only are cops dangerous while they're doing their job by the book, they also make tons of mistakes. I do not trust them at all, and it'll take more than a badge and a smile to earn my respect. Much more.

yourfavestoner
07-04-2007, 09:53 PM
I love how people on this forum think that you're drunk or intoxicated at .08 BAC.

SuperKevin
07-05-2007, 03:16 AM

My brother got two before the age of 21 in Maryland and all he had to do was spend 4 days in jail and the judge cleared his record. No fines. No classes

SuperKevin
07-05-2007, 03:18 AM
I see no problem with having a beer or two with dinner at a restaurant and then driving home

SubNoize
07-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Cops become cops for the power trip. When you are polite and submissive, while still asserting your rights, they are much more likely to let you go. I got arrested one time, I should have been charged with an MIP, public intoxication, trespassing, and even possibly breaking and entering(I tried walking into what I thought was my house, it turns out I was just a drunk dumbass.) I should have been thrown in jail for the night. However, I was very polite and submissive, while not letting them search me, and all they did was write me a public intoxication ticket and dropped me off at home.

I would rather be a pretentious asshole about my civil liberties than to allow a search which gives them a chance to plant something on me.

Some people ARE NOT ABLE to follow the light with their eyes without a noticible jerk, they just physically aren't able. I would rather not risk being one of those people who can't do it.

Like the other guy said, standing on a wet hill in sandals on one leg isn't very easy. Not only that, but you are nervous as all hell regardless if you have had anything to drink. One of my friends got a DUI because the officer smelled alcohol on him. However, he didn't even have a drop that night, someone bumped into him and a beer was spilled.

Let me guess, you are still in high school? That would explain why you are so damn naive about the police. You hesistate for a second when trying to recite the alphabet backwards and they will book you for DUI.

Moses, I understand it was the teams decision. I just think they overreacted on this account. He got a speeding ticket.

No I'm 22 by the way. Nice trying to say I'm in high school because I'm not ***** who thinks his civil liberties are being violated by letting someone search him. You're views on police are very media based cynical assumptions of how police actually operate. Not every police officer is this power hungry monster out to plant hidden evidence on you or wait for you to think about the next letter in the alphabet backwards. Those people exist few and far between, but police mishaps are the only stories put on the news because it's not exciting if some idiot gets pulled off the road because he doesn't have enough common sense to not get behind the wheel after drinking. People like you who cop attitude for minor things are the reason why police have to assert themselves in the first place. If you havent been drinking and have nothing to hide, I see no reason to argue and stretch out an officers night, and take him off the streets for a couple hours. Standing on 1 leg is easy, I've witnessed my 73 year old grandmother do it, at age 20-25 this should be like sleeping regardless the condition or shoes you're wearing. As far as your staring without a noticable jerk, that's not what they're looking for, they watch to see if your pupils jerk not your eyes, they ask you to move your eyes. No matter what I say, your still going to think that drinking a few doesn't impair judgement, you'll get caught, refuse like a jerk, and probably get the book tossed at you. And as far as Superkevins brother or friend only getting a slap on the wrist, your state must just not care, in AZ you're getting minimum of 10 days in tent city and a minimum of 3500$ in fines. Also required for 90 days to take AA meetings twice a week for 3 hours a session. Also this whole fear of police is ridiculous, why fear a cop if you're not doing anything, I pass cops all day long and never once think that they're going to pull me over and plant something. When I have been pulled over, I turned the car off, turned on the lamp inside so they could see, left my hands visible and waited for them to ask for anything before i went rumaging around. Also was honest that I was speeding or double crossing lanes, and have been let off with a warning everytime.

someone447
07-05-2007, 05:45 PM
No I'm 22 by the way. Nice trying to say I'm in high school because I'm not ***** who thinks his civil liberties are being violated by letting someone search him. You're views on police are very media based cynical assumptions of how police actually operate. Not every police officer is this power hungry monster out to plant hidden evidence on you or wait for you to think about the next letter in the alphabet backwards. Those people exist few and far between, but police mishaps are the only stories put on the news because it's not exciting if some idiot gets pulled off the road because he doesn't have enough common sense to not get behind the wheel after drinking. People like you who cop attitude for minor things are the reason why police have to assert themselves in the first place. If you havent been drinking and have nothing to hide, I see no reason to argue and stretch out an officers night, and take him off the streets for a couple hours. Standing on 1 leg is easy, I've witnessed my 73 year old grandmother do it, at age 20-25 this should be like sleeping regardless the condition or shoes you're wearing. As far as your staring without a noticable jerk, that's not what they're looking for, they watch to see if your pupils jerk not your eyes, they ask you to move your eyes. No matter what I say, your still going to think that drinking a few doesn't impair judgement, you'll get caught, refuse like a jerk, and probably get the book tossed at you. And as far as Superkevins brother or friend only getting a slap on the wrist, your state must just not care, in AZ you're getting minimum of 10 days in tent city and a minimum of 3500$ in fines. Also required for 90 days to take AA meetings twice a week for 3 hours a session. Also this whole fear of police is ridiculous, why fear a cop if you're not doing anything, I pass cops all day long and never once think that they're going to pull me over and plant something. When I have been pulled over, I turned the car off, turned on the lamp inside so they could see, left my hands visible and waited for them to ask for anything before i went rumaging around. Also was honest that I was speeding or double crossing lanes, and have been let off with a warning everytime.

Paragraphs please.

I'm not saying all, or even most cops are assholes. But I have sure run into my fair share of jerk cops who I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw them. In case you don't know freedom from unreasonable search and seizure is one of our constitutional rights. One that I will fight to the death to keep. I will answer any question that won't incriminate me, I will treat them with respect whether or not they deserve it, but I won't let them infringe on my liberties.

So I am guessing that you have never slipped on icy/wet ground before? **** happens, I am not going to get arrested and given a DUI because I happen to slip on something.

Do you have any idea how many people drink and drive? Most people never get caught. You are the one who blindly follows what you are told, hell you quoted D.A.R.E as a legitimate source, you do know what the word "propoganda" means, don't you?

Did you not read where I said it was possible to refuse the field sobriety test and not come off as a jerk? As a matter of fact, it is actually quite easy. I have been given 2 traffic tickets, one I was going 20 over the limit, and I got a ticket for going 5 over; the other one I was already in a pissed off mood and gave the cop lip because I did stop at the damn stop sign, and I told him that just because he was a cop I didn't have to respect him. Needless to say, I didn't get a warning that time; but obviously I've learned my lesson.

Like my story about getting arrested, I was able to stay out of jail, and get a hundred dollar fine when it could have been closer to 2k. I also didn't allow them to search me, when they asked, I told them that although I had nothing to hide, I wasn't going to let them search me, as is my right.

Guess what, they didn't get mad, and we ended up making small talk while they were filling out paperwork.

I know cops are regular people, and people go into different professions based on events that have happened to them in their life. A reason MANY(probably not even most, but quite a few) cops go into the force is because they were picked on, and they want to feel that power. We all know cops like that, they are the ones who yell at you to shut up, to not get your license and registration out until they are at your window, or any of those other power trips.

SubNoize
07-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Paragraphs please.

I'm not saying all, or even most cops are assholes. But I have sure run into my fair share of jerk cops who I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw them. In case you don't know freedom from unreasonable search and seizure is one of our constitutional rights. One that I will fight to the death to keep. I will answer any question that won't incriminate me, I will treat them with respect whether or not they deserve it, but I won't let them infringe on my liberties.

So I am guessing that you have never slipped on icy/wet ground before? **** happens, I am not going to get arrested and given a DUI because I happen to slip on something.

Do you have any idea how many people drink and drive? Most people never get caught. You are the one who blindly follows what you are told, hell you quoted D.A.R.E as a legitimate source, you do know what the word "propoganda" means, don't you?

Did you not read where I said it was possible to refuse the field sobriety test and not come off as a jerk? As a matter of fact, it is actually quite easy. I have been given 2 traffic tickets, one I was going 20 over the limit, and I got a ticket for going 5 over; the other one I was already in a pissed off mood and gave the cop lip because I did stop at the damn stop sign, and I told him that just because he was a cop I didn't have to respect him. Needless to say, I didn't get a warning that time; but obviously I've learned my lesson.

Like my story about getting arrested, I was able to stay out of jail, and get a hundred dollar fine when it could have been closer to 2k. I also didn't allow them to search me, when they asked, I told them that although I had nothing to hide, I wasn't going to let them search me, as is my right.

Guess what, they didn't get mad, and we ended up making small talk while they were filling out paperwork.

I know cops are regular people, and people go into different professions based on events that have happened to them in their life. A reason MANY(probably not even most, but quite a few) cops go into the force is because they were picked on, and they want to feel that power. We all know cops like that, they are the ones who yell at you to shut up, to not get your license and registration out until they are at your window, or any of those other power trips.

so you're one of those don't take away my constitutional rights kind of guys eh?? just like the rednecks and their right to arms.... I personally think that certain rights should be revoked if the police have just cause, as in if they suspect you're drunk or stoned, your pansy ass should be molested at their will to keep those idiots off the road. I'm all for alcohol and I've smoked quite a bit of pot, but I keep my partying and driving seperated. Your whole argument is "who hasnt driven drunk?" a lot of people buddy, it's stupid, immature and shows a total lack of good judgement.

no i've never slipped on icy/wet ground, i live in az, those 2 things simply do not exist here. furthermore, i doubt that the officer is going to lead you to the wettest or iciest patch of land to make you take a field sobriety test. you realize that if you fail a field sobriety test, they still take blood sample and if you're within legal limit when you go to court, the charges can be dropped, good thing about this is, you waste more of your time than the officers.

yeah i'm blindly following the advice that if you drink and drive it could be harmful or even fatal, damn those false advertising bastards. D.A.R.E is obviously one sided, but they do present legit stats, and are more legitimate than yourself, with your dumb experiences. i'm sure the officer that came into my class was making up the whole story about getting slammed by a drunk driver and going into a 2 month coma, hell he was so good he photo shopped pics and everything to go along with it. yes i know what propoganda is, and i'm not going to fall for your "everyone does it" bs propoganda.

someone447
07-05-2007, 08:02 PM
so you're one of those don't take away my constitutional rights kind of guys eh?? just like the rednecks and their right to arms.... I personally think that certain rights should be revoked if the police have just cause, as in if they suspect you're drunk or stoned, your pansy ass should be molested at their will to keep those idiots off the road. I'm all for alcohol and I've smoked quite a bit of pot, but I keep my partying and driving seperated. Your whole argument is "who hasnt driven drunk?" a lot of people buddy, it's stupid, immature and shows a total lack of good judgement.

no i've never slipped on icy/wet ground, i live in az, those 2 things simply do not exist here. furthermore, i doubt that the officer is going to lead you to the wettest or iciest patch of land to make you take a field sobriety test. you realize that if you fail a field sobriety test, they still take blood sample and if you're within legal limit when you go to court, the charges can be dropped, good thing about this is, you waste more of your time than the officers.

yeah i'm blindly following the advice that if you drink and drive it could be harmful or even fatal, damn those false advertising bastards. D.A.R.E is obviously one sided, but they do present legit stats, and are more legitimate than yourself, with your dumb experiences. i'm sure the officer that came into my class was making up the whole story about getting slammed by a drunk driver and going into a 2 month coma, hell he was so good he photo shopped pics and everything to go along with it. yes i know what propoganda is, and i'm not going to fall for your "everyone does it" bs propoganda.

Jesus Christ man, maybe you should learn how to read. I have throughout the thread said that drunk driving increases the chance of getting in an accident. All I have claimed is that just because someone drives drunk, it doesn't mean they ARE going to get in an accident.

I have never met someone who drinks and hasn't driven drunk at least once, this is going for people my age, people my parents age, and even older.

If you are one of those people who thinks that the right to bear arms should be revoked, you are a hopeless case. But I won't even get into why the arguments for criminalizing guns don't make sense, because that would get much too political. But if you would like to talk about that, please PM me.

I agree, if you get pulled over and are drunk or stoned, you should get in trouble. However, being searched is not something I will submit to. There is a difference to being harassed and your rights being taken away. I will take a breathilyzer because I will be taken in on suspicion of DUI, something that I completely agree with an officer's right to do. Notice how I never once said the cops did anything wrong in Tank Williams case, in fact, when someone said he should sue, I told them that the cops were in the right?

Yes, it CAN get dismissed, but like I said earlier in the thread, my friend got a DUI even without having anything to drink, someone just spilled a beer on him. He got it dismissed, but not without thousands of dollars in legal costs.

Well, if you live in the north, there isn't much chance of stopping on non icy ground in the winter.

Not to mention, I never said drunk driving is right, or even ok, in fact, I specifically said that it isn't. But I also said that those in glass houses should not throw stones. That it is unfair to condemn someone for something just about everyone has done.

SuperKevin
07-05-2007, 08:49 PM
My big issue is that for most people if you have like 2-3 beers at dinner and drive home you'll feel fine but you're technically drunk by BAC standards. People assume that driving "drunk" means you're completely smashed when in reality you can be be very coherent and responsive

eacantdraft
07-06-2007, 03:44 PM
I see no problem with having a beer or two with dinner at a restaurant and then driving home

You may not see a problem with it, but the cops do and so may your employer, insurance company, etc.

SubNoize
07-06-2007, 05:12 PM
My big issue is that for most people if you have like 2-3 beers at dinner and drive home you'll feel fine but you're technically drunk by BAC standards. People assume that driving "drunk" means you're completely smashed when in reality you can be be very coherent and responsive

depending on your body size, what you drink and what your tolerance is... i could probably have like 8 drinks over dinner and only be at legal limit.

JK17
07-06-2007, 05:14 PM
depending on your body size, what you drink and what your tolerance is... i could probably have like 8 drinks over dinner and only be at legal limit.

No, you couldnt.

http://www.duilawyerorangecounty.com/images/chart_male.gif

A 240 pound man, with 8 drinks over an hour (dinner), is blowing a .13...

SubNoize
07-06-2007, 05:22 PM
No, you couldnt.

yes yes i could... i've slowed down a bit in the last year, but from age 15-20 i drank every single day, at least 8 beers and a minimum of 10 shots, not including any beer bongs, beer pong or keg stands. my liver is ****, that is why along with having a child i slowed down. i'm also a pretty big guy, 239 is quite a bit of weight, although mostly muscle, i'm still "overweight" at 6'4'' so yeah i could have 8 drinks and be at the legal limit, especially if i were drinking bud light.

Charts don't take tolerance into account my friend, it makes a huge difference.

duckseason
07-06-2007, 05:23 PM
No, you couldnt.

http://www.duilawyerorangecounty.com/images/chart_male.gif

A 240 pound man, with 8 drinks over an hour (dinner), is blowing a .13...

How do you know he's only spending an hour at the restaurant? I seriously doubt that many people are going to consume a drink every 7 and a half minutes. Especially over dinner.

JK17
07-06-2007, 05:24 PM
yes yes i could... i've slowed down a bit in the last year, but from age 15-20 i drank every single day, at least 8 beers and a minimum of 10 shots, not including any beer bongs, beer pong or keg stands. my liver is ****, that is why along with having a child i slowed down. i'm also a pretty big guy, 239 is quite a bit of weight, although mostly muscle, i'm still "overweight" at 6'4'' so yeah i could have 8 drinks and be at the legal limit, especially if i were drinking bud light.

Your tolerance has nothing to do with your BAC. You may be able to handle all that beer/liquor, but your BAC is still screwed. It's just that you are able to deal with it better. Cokeheads, Alcoholics, their bodies all suffer the same from the alcohol/drugs, its just that they need more of it to get buzzed/high....

Legally, you'd be screwed if you had 8 drinks at dinner and then hit the road.

duckseason
07-06-2007, 05:26 PM

Charts don't take tolerance into account my friend, it makes a huge difference.
I agree charts like that are blurry, but your tolerance doesn't really matter. BAC is not a barometer of how well you handle your alcohol, it's merely a measurement of how much alcohol is present in your blood at a given time.

JK17
07-06-2007, 05:26 PM
How do you know he's only spending an hour at the restaurant? I seriously doubt that many people are going to consume a drink every 7 and a half minutes. Especially over dinner.

The guy I responded to had said over dinner, which is what i was rebuttling. And even given two hours, I don't know, so I'm not speaking 100% fact obviously, but I'd assume being almost double the legal limit, doesnt change over an hour. Not many people spend more then an hour and half at a restaraunt, anyway.

SubNoize
07-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Your tolerance has nothing to do with your BAC. You may be able to handle all that beer/liquor, but your BAC is still screwed. It's just that you are able to deal with it better. Cokeheads, Alcoholics, their bodies all suffer the same from the alcohol/drugs, its just that they need more of it to get buzzed/high....

Legally, you'd be screwed if you had 8 drinks at dinner and then hit the road.

well i'd never hit the road, but i do spend more than an hour at dinner, and my BAC wouldn't be the same because my body proccesses alcohol much differently than a person who's never had a drop. i can feel the alcohol pouring out of my skin rapidly probably more so than a regular person.

duckseason
07-06-2007, 05:29 PM
The guy I responded to had said over dinner, which is what i was rebuttling. And even given two hours, I don't know, so I'm not speaking 100% fact obviously, but I'd assume being almost double the legal limit, doesnt change over an hour. Not many people spend more then an hour and half at a restaraunt, anyway.

Right, but I think spending an hour and a half at a restaurant is more common than having a drink every 7.5 minutes for an hour straight, in a restaurant, and then immediately walking to your car to leave.

JK17
07-06-2007, 05:34 PM
well i'd never hit the road, but i do spend more than an hour at dinner, and my BAC wouldn't be the same because my body proccesses alcohol much differently than a person who's never had a drop. i can feel the alcohol pouring out of my skin rapidly probably more so than a regular person.

No, your BAC doesnt change no matter how fast/slow/differently your body processes alcohol. I really doubt you can feel the alcohol "pouring out of your skin more rapidly", also.

I wasn't saying you'd hit the road either, just that you would be above your limit.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/bac.htm

A 239 pound male, consuming 96 fluid ounces (8 beers) of approximately 4% alcohol over 1.5 hours blows a .098. Over 2 hours blows a .9. Over 2.5 Hours blows a .083. These aren't exact measurements, but it gives you a pretty good sense, your not under .08 if you've had 8 drinks over dinner. Although I'm actually a little suprised I thought it would be more over .08 then that....

JK17
07-06-2007, 05:35 PM
Right, but I think spending an hour and a half at a restaurant is more common than having a drink every 7.5 minutes for an hour straight, in a restaurant, and then immediately walking to your car to leave.

True, yes, and I'm not saying I don't think there are people who can drive with a .08, or even worse then that (Although I think its dumb), but going by both the chart, and conversion system I showed in my previous post, your still above the limit after 8 drinks, whether its an hour or two and a half hours.

SubNoize
07-06-2007, 05:43 PM
No, your BAC doesnt change no matter how fast/slow/differently your body processes alcohol. I really doubt you can feel the alcohol "pouring out of your skin more rapidly", also.

I wasn't saying you'd hit the road either, just that you would be above your limit.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/bac.htm

A 239 pound male, consuming 96 fluid ounces (8 beers) of approximately 4% alcohol over 1.5 hours blows a .098. Over 2 hours blows a .9. Over 2.5 Hours blows a .083. These aren't exact measurements, but it gives you a pretty good sense, your not under .08 if you've had 8 drinks over dinner. Although I'm actually a little suprised I thought it would be more over .08 then that....

well close enough, not that far over... anyways, seriously, i get extremely flush and clammy when i drink, my body hates alcohol at this point.

duckseason
07-06-2007, 05:43 PM
True, yes, and I'm not saying I don't think there are people who can drive with a .08, or even worse then that (Although I think its dumb), but going by both the chart, and conversion system I showed in my previous post, your still above the limit after 8 drinks, whether its an hour or two and a half hours.

Yes, I agree. More than likely, if a 240 lb man consumes 8 drinks over dinner, he will be above the legal limit. But, we wouldn't know until he actually did it. The varying levels of alcohol in different drinks pretty much render those charts useless. Many times, especially at a bar or restaurant, the consumer doesn't know the exact alcoholic content of their drink. And even if they did, that chart wouldn't really help them unless they broke out a calculator. But yeah, I agree that more than likely, subnizzle would be over .08 if he consumed 8 drinks over dinner.

JK17
07-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Yes, I agree. More than likely, if a 240 lb man consumes 8 drinks over dinner, he will be above the legal limit. But, we wouldn't know until he actually did it. The varying levels of alcohol in different drinks pretty much render those charts useless. Many times, especially at a bar or restaurant, the consumer doesn't know the exact alcoholic content of their drink. And even if they did, that chart wouldn't really help them unless they broke out a calculator. But yeah, I agree that more than likely, subnizzle would be over .08 if he consumed 8 drinks over dinner.

Can't really disagree with that, I didn't mean to imply that charts or calculators are exactly 100% reliable in any situation regarding drinking. While tolerance doesn't play a part, many other things regarding drinking do, so there is no concrete formula.

SubNoize
07-06-2007, 05:46 PM

speaking of 8 drinks over dinner, anything to recommend, drink wise, for my dinner tonight. I'm going to a place called BJ's Brewery, they have in house brews, but anything that you think i should get that wouldn't be their own?

duckseason
07-06-2007, 05:58 PM
speaking of 8 drinks over dinner, anything to recommend, drink wise, for my dinner tonight. I'm going to a place called BJ's Brewery, they have in house brews, but anything that you think i should get that wouldn't be their own?

Oddly enough, I've never been to BJ's. I checked their website, and the one that really caught my eye was the Whiskey Barrel Stout, but they say it's only available in Oregon. You're in Arizona right? Wait, I can only find their in-house brews. I can't recommend something I haven't tried, but do you know what else they offer?