PDA

View Full Version : Jason Taylor said something

CW99
06-22-2007, 07:19 PM
I heard on ESPN at about 8:05 pm That Taylor said this about trent green
"One and hit and trent is out"

My question is what is up with Jason Taylor and why is he always running his mouth

ks_perfection
06-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Because he's the Defensive Player of the Year and can afford to be frank without risk of being released.

Space Ghost
06-22-2007, 09:18 PM
I hope Aaron Schobel ends him. Or Coy Wire can do some cool ass wrestling moves on him even though he wasn't that kind of wrestler.

kmartin575
06-22-2007, 10:40 PM
That's bullcrap. Green took some nasty hits once he came back and he still got back up. In week 17 against Jacksonville Paul Spicer took a couple of cheap shots on Green and while he did leave the game for a while it had nothing to do with his head.

locseti
06-23-2007, 01:21 AM
"One big hit, and he could be scrambled eggs."

While that's not much of a stretch, you have to wonder what he was thinking. You're stuck with the guy at quarterback, why would you want to profess your lack of confidence in him when no good can come of it? If I was Trent Green I'd be baffled at his lack of awareness. At this point in the offseason, you need to stay positive and build some team chemistry, especially with a new QB.

niel89
06-23-2007, 06:26 AM

ok this just seems simply over analyzed. One big hit could take out any qb let alone one at Greens age. JT is a defensive player who loves to hit qbs. i just dont get what the big deal is, Green is old and he could easily be done in one hit (so could many) its just him saying that. he isnt trying to cause problems or destroy chemistry

skinzzfan25
06-23-2007, 10:57 AM

ok this just seems simply over analyzed. One big hit could take out any qb let alone one at Greens age. JT is a defensive player who loves to hit qbs. i just dont get what the big deal is, Green is old and he could easily be done in one hit (so could many) its just him saying that. he isnt trying to cause problems or destroy chemistry

The deal is why is he saying it. How does by him saying that, benefit the team in any way?

He should be worried about the defense. He has no place to talk bout Trent Green who has been a consistent performer 5+ years.

BlindSite
06-23-2007, 06:45 PM
Jason Taylor should be pissed off, he's been a great player all his career and never had a legit offense to help out his defense.

ShutDwn
06-23-2007, 06:58 PM
Jason Taylor should be pissed off, he's been a great player all his career and never had a legit offense to help out his defense.

No reason to attack his new QB.

Has the Ravens defense ever called out their offense like that? Did Ray say that about Mcnair last year? No.

Jason Taylor is a great player, just not a smart one.

reese
06-23-2007, 07:33 PM
i think he is just frustrated. he has been on one of the best defenses in the nfl for years and hasnt had much help from the offense. he is a player that really loves to play and of course would like to go to a super bowl and he is getting near the end of his career and doesnt seen that in the near future. i been a die hard dolphins fan for 15 years and i feel his and zach thomas' pain. they never have left for more money or held out. they done there part for years and just want some help.

Raiderz4Life
06-23-2007, 08:44 PM
i thought that was hilarious, JT is awesome. If i were Green id be upset and i guess shocked but since im not i found it funny.

BlindSite
06-23-2007, 08:53 PM

Has the Ravens defense ever called out their offense like that? Did Ray say that about Mcnair last year? No.

He was more calling out the front office than his QB imo.

ncstateviking
06-23-2007, 10:18 PM
jason taylor talks alot and nothing negative ever comes his way for it. he is one of those players who just gets away with it.

cunningham06
06-24-2007, 12:59 AM
Jason Taylor said something!? No way! What an interesting title.

Sniper
06-24-2007, 01:01 AM

Yeah, he's usually a mute, but man, you should have heard it! I mean, HE SAID SOMETHING!

The Unseen
06-24-2007, 05:46 AM

Well, he wouldn't anyways, because apparently they're buddy-buddy. Ray was calling him "the savior" in an interview after they got him in the off-season. Which would mean that he was throwing Kyle Boller under the bus.

Hawk
06-24-2007, 08:49 AM

There's one qb Green's age, take can't be knocked out. He's plays at this place called Lambeau

HEISMANHERSCHEL
06-24-2007, 01:13 PM
The deal is why is he saying it. How does by him saying that, benefit the team in any way?

He should be worried about the defense. He has no place to talk bout Trent Green who has been a consistent performer 5+ years.

I see what you are saying, and I agree. But the offseason would be terrible if every player made the same vanilla statements (ie-one day at a time, just trying to help the team, he can make immediate contributions and will help us take the next step.)

The statement wasnt in the team's best intrest.

Green isnt the best quarterback in the league, but they could do a lot worse than Trent Green. However, is this statement really off-base? I wouldn't have said it, but it in no way compares to when TO called Jeff Garcia homosexual. That was being a jerk. I think JT is just being honest when shutting his mouth would be much better. I think there is a difference between name calling and simply stating a fact that might hurt someone's feelings.

Space Ghost
06-24-2007, 02:01 PM
The title for this thread is so ********.

niel89
06-24-2007, 03:27 PM
There's one qb Green's age, take can't be knocked out. He's plays at this place called Lambeau

yeah but he is tough as nails.:p

remix 6
06-24-2007, 04:19 PM
jeez winning DPOY sure got him talking. Respect level gone down in my books.

First: he bad mouthed the organization for taking Ted Ginn and calling him "a 1st round PR"
and now this.

Sniper
06-24-2007, 06:47 PM
jeez winning DPOY sure got him talking. Respect level gone down in my books.

First: he bad mouthed the organization for taking Ted Ginn and calling him "a 1st round PR"
and now this.

Because he is a first round PR??????

draftguru151
06-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Cam Cameron called him a PR too....

ks_perfection
06-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Still can't believe they chose Ginn/Beck over Rice/Quinn.

remix 6
06-24-2007, 10:23 PM
On the moment the Dolphins passed on Brady Quinn to take Ted Ginn Jr. in the draft: “I was sick to my stomach,” he tells SI. “On draft day I had just played golf with [Dan] Marino and was doing a radio show in Miami [by cellphone] as I was driving home. Atlanta had just picked, the Dolphins were on the clock, and I said [on the air], ‘Just walk up there and pick Brady Quinn —it’s a no-brainer.’ Right as I pulled up in my driveway, the commissioner got to the podium and kind of paused before he read the name, like even he couldn’t believe it. I was like, Oh, s---, I’m going to look like an idiot.”

He doesnt know how to support his teammates..i dont recall hearing him talk negatively before the DPOY. I respected him because he was dominant in our division but even though its the Dooofins, i really dont think it was necessary for him to say anything negative.

P-L
06-24-2007, 10:32 PM
I haven't read this thread yet, but could it have been taken out of context? I mean, one big hit on any old player not long after a serious injury could finish their career.

CW99
06-25-2007, 04:55 PM
Nah it couldn't of been taken out of context why would you say that about a teammate that hasn't even had time to Jell with the team he comes in on a sour note

Finsfan79
06-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Jason Taylor is honest about folks. He has always been and always will be.

He isnt the type of waive his opinion or not speak his mind.

Isnt that a little bit of refreshing as well folks in a day and age when players read from que cards from agents for statements?

PS I listened to the interview and yes it was taken out of context

eacantdraft
06-26-2007, 12:39 PM
Maybe Jason Taylor is tired of Miami keep taking everyones elses rejects at QB.

HoopsDemon12
06-26-2007, 01:12 PM

haha ya i had the same reaction to the title

Finsfan79
06-28-2007, 09:17 AM
According to Taylor he never said it and it was added in by the writer it seems from what he said.

Oh wells whom cares.

remix 6
06-28-2007, 09:23 AM
According to Taylor he never said it and it was added in by the writer it seems from what he said.

Oh wells whom cares.

actually he did say it ..he called Trent to clear it up, however Trent's wife is a little pissed off.

CW99
06-28-2007, 08:57 PM
The title was just Jason Taylor and the mod changed the title

Vikes99ej
06-28-2007, 09:03 PM
Jason Taylor can say whatever he wants.

remix 6
06-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Jason Taylor can say whatever he wants.

so can Pacman

mikehop05
06-29-2007, 11:01 AM
I heard on ESPN at about 8:05 pm That Taylor said this about trent green
"One and hit and trent is out"

My question is what is up with Jason Taylor and why is he always running his mouth

cuz he is right.