PDA

View Full Version : McGahee article

Ravens1991
06-24-2007, 09:41 AM
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Common/Article.aspx?id=12732

it sounds like the players like him, and the offense likes what he brings to the table. Plus he has impressed Ray Lewis and that is always good.

BigDawg819
06-24-2007, 09:58 AM
Good for McGahee but until he produces on the field the jury is still out on him.

America
06-24-2007, 11:18 AM
I'm glad he's become a part of the team so quickly. Hopefully our Offense will be much more explosive this season.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-24-2007, 11:19 AM
I'm glad he's become a part of the team so quickly. Hopefully our Offense will be much more explosive this season.

Not with a QB who can't throw downfield.

BufFan71
06-24-2007, 11:44 AM
if u watch his interviews from Buffalo, hes a funny guy, its easy to see why all the players like him

all the teammates said he worked hard in practice...

BUT u can tell he did not try in Certain games.... exp when he couldnt even get 20 yards against u guys
but when he did try he was unstoppable (any jets game)

tbh hes going to be playing on a worse o-line now than buffalo has now,

Ravens1991
06-24-2007, 12:02 PM
From what I heard against Buffalo he always tried to break runs outside, and it sounds like we will send him outside a lot w/ dump passes(which McNair loves) and tosses,with our athletic o-lineman that will help him out a ton.

BufFan71
06-24-2007, 12:09 PM
the problem was....he isnt tough enough to run between the tackles....
and everytime we ran him to the outside he would get rundown....

also almost every run, he danced WAY too much, he never hits the hole hard, he sits and waits for a crease.........nor does he use that nasty stiff-arm anymore :(

everytime in a game that wasnt the jets i would get excited over a 10yard run b/c that was kinda rare...

we tried to throw him some passes but he doesnt have too good of hands, and Losman overthrew him a bit

but im kinda happy, Lynch fits our scheme better, and McGahee seems to fit your scheme, and fits in well with the rest of those Miami players lol

Ravens1991
06-24-2007, 12:13 PM
hmm well Ozzie and the coaches saw something in him and they have done enough good for me to trust them on this one.

BufFan71
06-24-2007, 12:14 PM
lol well i guess so....but till the season starts...thanks for a draft picks lol

ccB
06-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Wasnt McGahee playing injured most of last year? I think hes an above average RB, I mean he played in Buffalo where hes basically asked to be the entire offense, JP shows flashes but the defenses dont even care about him they stacked the box to take McGahee down, combine that with the fact that Buffalo's line was completely raw and unproven last year. I dont see anyway he cant improve.

ccB
06-24-2007, 12:44 PM
lol well i guess so....but till the season starts...thanks for a draft picks lol

Yeah good luck with Trent Edwards..............................

BufFan71
06-24-2007, 12:53 PM
yeah from reading our camp reports...Edwards has been extremely good...
and wat happens if he ends up being the next schaub..it will be all b/c of Balt...

also mcgahee didnt play injured most the year...he missed 2-3 games....
and also puked on th sidelines after his 56yd TD vs the jets.

to me hes an average HB

he was not asked to be the entire offense....
the offense did SOO much better when we started to pass the ball than when we ran the ball....

HoopsDemon12
06-24-2007, 12:55 PM
Yeah good luck with Trent Edwards..............................

no we have losman we'll be fine.... sarcastic eyeroll.... but i think willis is gonna absolutly explode for you guys this year... im kinda scared

BufFan71
06-24-2007, 12:57 PM
last time i saw Losman did pretty good last year 3,000yds 19tds 14ints 65%completion percentage, while being sacked 53 times

i dont think McGahee will explode next year for the fact, the Balt doesnt have that good of and offensive line....

if Mcgahee was still on Buffalo, i could see him exploding with our upgraded offensive line

SuperMcGee
06-24-2007, 01:14 PM
Wasnt McGahee playing injured most of last year? I think hes an above average RB, I mean he played in Buffalo where hes basically asked to be the entire offense, JP shows flashes but the defenses dont even care about him they stacked the box to take McGahee down, combine that with the fact that Buffalo's line was completely raw and unproven last year. I dont see anyway he cant improve.

In the games McGahee missed last year (vs. GB, @Indy, @HOU), Losman went 2-1 with the only loss coming by one point on the road against undefeated eventual SB champs Indianapolis. These 3 games he was 42-65 with 4 TD to 1 INT. He went over the top better than ever in these games even without the eight guys up front. He led a great last minute game winning TD drive against Houston also in obvious passing situations. I'm not as worried about Losman with McGahee gone as others seem to be. He did get sacked 11 times in these 3 games though, but let it be known that these were also the first three ever starts for Terrance Pennington and first starts for Duke Preston that season also.

Nothing against McGahee on that. He should definitely have a better year and probably will perform better as a runner. As long as he actually reads your playbook I'm sure you'll enjoy having gotten him, and there's really no way for me and most others to regret sending him off because he was not going to be what he can be here (that is on him, though, and not his situation. He did not care to be here one bit) and we pretty much hated him by that point.

dcarey20
06-24-2007, 01:19 PM
McGahee's gonna be a beast...I've been saying that since we acquired him and I was lobbying for him to come here for the entire offseason.

SuperMcGee
06-24-2007, 01:27 PM
last time i saw Losman did pretty good last year 3,000yds 19tds 14ints 65%completion percentage, while being sacked 53 times

i dont think McGahee will explode next year for the fact, the Balt doesnt have that good of and offensive line....

if Mcgahee was still on Buffalo, i could see him exploding with our upgraded offensive line

Our line isn't that great still. Walker hasn't shown to be that good and Preston hasn't shown that he can run block. We have half of a great line. I think our running game will be better this season because I like our personnel and potential attack and I expect these guys to try just a little harder than Willis did. And yes, the line is better, yet not great.
And McGahee probably would do better in Baltimore either way because they probably have something set up for him to succeed that wasn't in our offense as much (as alluded to by Ravens1991), and he'll probably actually embrace being there. I think both teams will have improved running games. I don't know enough about Baltimore's O-line to say that either one of ours is better. Terry seemed like he can be pretty good though.

Ravens1991
06-24-2007, 01:27 PM
it sounds like Buffalo misss used him if you ask me, everybody says that he doesnt wanna go up the middle but we will send him outside a lot, from what I have read he sounds pumped to be in baltimore. With Grubbs pulling, JO run blocking, and Chester getting to the second level I think he will like this place. Plus Adam Terry is big and athletic.

art vandelay
06-24-2007, 01:34 PM
it sounds like Buffalo misss used him if you ask me, everybody says that he doesnt wanna go up the middle but we will send him outside a lot, from what I have read he sounds pumped to be in baltimore. With Grubbs pulling, JO run blocking, and Chester getting to the second level I think he will like this place. Plus Adam Terry is big and athletic.

You want to get McGahee outside? Good luck. He has lost a ton of speed and is very ineffective outside. Your best bet is to send him up the middle but he will try to break it outside anyway. It's a terrible situation.

Ravens1991
06-24-2007, 01:36 PM
ok I will take my chances w/ him outside, he has been working hard since he got to Baltimore there was a big article in the sun about how he is working hard and he has been to almost all of the 15 OTA sessions, I remember reading that he would just go and work out in Miami instead of Buffalo work outs and OTA.

HoopsDemon12
06-24-2007, 01:37 PM
im just impressed of what he has done in the nfl... after that knee injury whatever he does is impressive in my mind

art vandelay
06-24-2007, 01:45 PM
ok I will take my chances w/ him outside, he has been working hard since he got to Baltimore there was a big article in the sun about how he is working hard and he has been to almost all of the 15 OTA sessions, I remember reading that he would just go and work out in Miami instead of Buffalo work outs and OTA.

"Taking your chances" with McGahee won't be in favor for you. Here's what will happen: He will try to run outside and then will dance a little, try to stiff arm a few guys, and then lose yards. I just don't see how McGahee will be effective in Baltimore, you guys have a very questionable o-line to say the least and I'm not convinced that he will be in a better offense. What you do have in favor for you is that he has a better mind-set. However, he did very well his first season in Buffalo and then slacked off and wore out his welcome. I think his first season in Baltimore will be his best, and then will encounter the same problem he did in Buffalo. He just doesn't seem like a self-motivated player and that will eventually hurt him in Baltimore when the excitement of a new team and a fresh start wears off.

America
06-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Not with a QB who can't throw downfield.

I knew you would say that. Ok fine, at least our offense will appear to be more explosive.

America
06-24-2007, 02:02 PM
"Taking your chances" with McGahee won't be in favor for you. Here's what will happen: He will try to run outside and then will dance a little, try to stiff arm a few guys, and then lose yards. I just don't see how McGahee will be effective in Baltimore, you guys have a very questionable o-line to say the least and I'm not convinced that he will be in a better offense. What you do have in favor for you is that he has a better mind-set. However, he did very well his first season in Buffalo and then slacked off and wore out his welcome. I think his first season in Baltimore will be his best, and then will encounter the same problem he did in Buffalo. He just doesn't seem like a self-motivated player and that will eventually hurt him in Baltimore when the excitement of a new team and a fresh start wears off.

Well he seemed to be a hard worker at Miami for three years. I think he just likes that environment the best, and U guys are like a brotherhood or fraternity or something. Don't forget he played last season with two broken ribs and some other injuries. He didn't like the situation there, but he still put forth a lot of effort.

America
06-24-2007, 02:10 PM
In the games McGahee missed last year (vs. GB, @Indy, @HOU), Losman went 2-1 with the only loss coming by one point on the road against undefeated eventual SB champs Indianapolis. These 3 games he was 42-65 with 4 TD to 1 INT. He went over the top better than ever in these games even without the eight guys up front. He led a great last minute game winning TD drive against Houston also in obvious passing situations. I'm not as worried about Losman with McGahee gone as others seem to be. He did get sacked 11 times in these 3 games though, but let it be known that these were also the first three ever starts for Terrance Pennington and first starts for Duke Preston that season also.

Nothing against McGahee on that. He should definitely have a better year and probably will perform better as a runner. As long as he actually reads your playbook I'm sure you'll enjoy having gotten him, and there's really no way for me and most others to regret sending him off because he was not going to be what he can be here (that is on him, though, and not his situation. He did not care to be here one bit) and we pretty much hated him by that point.

I wouldn't put too much stock into that Houston game. He had two easy 83 yard bombs to Lee Evans, 1. because Faggins isn't nearly fast enough to cover him, and 2. because our safeties cannot cover over the top. And he made a really bad decision that resulted in a pick for six. But to be fair, I do think Losman is becoming an above average QB, I'm just saying, being a Houston fan, I wouldn't guage success against us(like in the 2005 season)

ccB
06-24-2007, 03:05 PM
I just dont udnerstand how he can be any worst than last year or any worst than Jamal Lewis for that matter. The jury is still out sure but all the early signs indicate he will be better. He is on a better team, surrounded by better players, with a better O-line (debate it all you want), we have a better coaching staff (again you can debate it all you want), we have better team leaders on both sides of the ball that are constantly going to be on his ass. I just couldnt fathem him not improving. I am not saying he's a lock to run for 1500 with 20 tds and a trip the the pro bowl, I am not even saying the signing of him is going to sky rocket our team in the the SB. I am just saying he has to improve.

niel89
06-24-2007, 03:13 PM

i remember he had rib trouble last year. while you can play with it, its an injury that would linger on.

BufFan71
06-24-2007, 03:16 PM
wat about losmans TD with 15 secs left in the game???
if u think the first two 83yd td's were lucky...
then wat was that last TD

plus. Travis Henry played with broken bones for us all the time...
geez that was a big mistake....getting rid of him....

and Baltimores O-line isnt better than Buffaloes...

Jason Peters-6'4 340lbs
Derrick Dockery-6'6 330lbs
Melvin Fowler- 6'3 310lbs
Duke Preston- 6'5 326lbs
Langston Walker-6'8 366lbs

Peters and Dockery have the potential to be the best left side in the NFL

niel89
06-24-2007, 03:18 PM

a good play? he is becoming an above average qb, they tend to make good plays

BufFan71
06-24-2007, 03:23 PM
well it wasnt mentioned so i thought someone was trying to say he sucked....
nvm

art vandelay
06-24-2007, 03:28 PM
I just dont udnerstand how he can be any worst than last year or any worst than Jamal Lewis for that matter. The jury is still out sure but all the early signs indicate he will be better. He is on a better team, surrounded by better players, with a better O-line (debate it all you want), we have a better coaching staff (again you can debate it all you want), we have better team leaders on both sides of the ball that are constantly going to be on his ass. I just couldnt fathem him not improving. I am not saying he's a lock to run for 1500 with 20 tds and a trip the the pro bowl, I am not even saying the signing of him is going to sky rocket our team in the the SB. I am just saying he has to improve.

Like I said, I think he will improve for next year for his personal aspirations alone, but that will be his best year. McGahee has always been out for himself (self-proclaimed best RB in the game) and while I don't think he cares about the Ravens as a team, he wants to prove to everyone that he is a better RB than he has shown, at least for this year. However, with a suspect OL (ranked lower than the Bills in one particular article) and an aging QB, I actually think he would have been better off with the Bills offense talent-wise, not location-wise obviously though. I mean Ogden has 1 to 2 years left in him tops and the same goes for Mike Flynn and Steve McNair. Adam Terry is completely unproven. I know you have Chris Chester waiting in the wings but he will need some time to adjust. 2007-2008 will certainly be McGahee's best year, IMO.

Ravens1991
06-24-2007, 03:46 PM
Like I said, I think he will improve for next year for his personal aspirations alone, but that will be his best year. McGahee has always been out for himself (self-proclaimed best RB in the game) and while I don't think he cares about the Ravens as a team, he wants to prove to everyone that he is a better RB than he has shown, at least for this year. However, with a suspect OL (ranked lower than the Bills in one particular article) and an aging QB, I actually think he would have been better off with the Bills offense talent-wise, not location-wise obviously though. I mean Ogden has 1 to 2 years left in him tops and the same goes for Mike Flynn and Steve McNair. Adam Terry is completely unproven. I know you have Chris Chester waiting in the wings but he will need some time to adjust. 2007-2008 will certainly be McGahee's best year, IMO.

-How does claiming you are the best make you only out for yourself? Confidence/cockiness doesnt mean you dont care about the team. Besides there is nothing wrong w/ thinking you are the best as long as you work hard and aren't a jerk, and McGahee is working hard and getting along w/ the team in Baltimore
-No matter how long Ogden has left Ogden is coming off of a pro-bowl year
-There is no guarentee that Flynn will even be the starter he isnt that good Chester could replace him
-Adam Terry isnt comletely unproven, he held Aaron Schobel to 1 assisted tackle and Schobel had a great pro bowl year I believe.
-Besides I would rather have McGahee going outside and breaking a run outside then Jamal running outside or inside.

art vandelay
06-24-2007, 03:47 PM
Also, I have seen that many of you think that McGahee has the "explosion" that Jamal didn't have. This couldn't be farther from the truth actually. Trust me when I say this, McGahee should never be associated with the word "explosive." He is a pounder, he will put his head down and get the extra yards but he is not going to outrun many people. As is perfectly indicated by his YPC, he needs to get alot of carries to get alot of yards. He's never going to put up a good YPC average. He simply doesn't have the quickness or explosiveness to make people miss and break long runs.

Before his knee injury, Willis had incredible speed and used it to his advantage. However, he never had that shiftiness to him or any really good juke moves - he just outran people. Now, after his injury, Willis has packed on 20 lbs + and has become a bruiser and has lost his speed. This truly is a testament to Willis because he was able to change his running style and still be semi-effective as an NFL RB.

Pre-Knee Injury - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORG-hvUHOrg

Ravens1991
06-24-2007, 03:49 PM
OK he is still probably faster then Jamal.

art vandelay
06-24-2007, 03:58 PM
-How does claiming you are the best make you only out for yourself? Confidence/cockiness doesnt mean you dont care about the team. Besides there is nothing wrong w/ thinking you are the best as long as you work hard and aren't a jerk, and McGahee is working hard and getting along w/ the team in Baltimore
-No matter how long Ogden has left Ogden is coming off of a pro-bowl year
-There is no guarentee that Flynn will even be the starter he isnt that good Chester could replace him
-Adam Terry isnt comletely unproven, he held Aaron Schobel to 1 assisted tackle and Schobel had a great pro bowl year I believe.
-Besides I would rather have McGahee going outside and breaking a run outside then Jamal running outside or inside.

It really seems to me that McGahee and Jamal are the same player. Neither have good speed and have similar running styles. They even have similar stats, as both have one 50+ yard run against bad run defenses for the entire season as their longest run and only have two 100 yard games for the entire season. What I am trying to say is don't expect McGahee to be a big upgrade over Jamal, if at all. If anything, Jamal has slightly better power and Willis has slightly better speed. I wouldn't want either on my team, though.

Ravens1991
06-24-2007, 04:00 PM
Stats doesnt matter when you compare players. The Ravens coaching staff saw the film and thought McGahee is more explosive and better then Jamal like what the article said. McGahee will work better in our system then Jamal.

SuperMcGee
06-24-2007, 04:06 PM
I wouldn't put too much stock into that Houston game. He had two easy 83 yard bombs to Lee Evans, 1. because Faggins isn't nearly fast enough to cover him, and 2. because our safeties cannot cover over the top. And he made a really bad decision that resulted in a pick for six. But to be fair, I do think Losman is becoming an above average QB, I'm just saying, being a Houston fan, I wouldn't guage success against us(like in the 2005 season)

Shhh, we don't talk about that part. One of the worst interceptions I've ever seen.
And the guys covering him early weren't much, but Losman made the throws well and I believe he got one of the bombs off perfectly just as he was about to get nailed by a defender. Outside of one play he had a very admirable game with shaky linemen and no great RB. But I had to gauge success from somewhere, and I only had 3 games to go by.

art vandelay
06-24-2007, 04:12 PM
Stats doesnt matter when you compare players. The Ravens coaching staff saw the film and thought McGahee is more explosive and better then Jamal like what the article said. McGahee will work better in our system then Jamal.

Well I didn't watch Jamal last year, but if you are saying that McGahee is more explosive than Jamal then it can't be by much, because McGahee has very little "explosion." Very little. I'd say the only time I saw McGahee "explode" in the past 3 years was the Jets game where he went for a 56 yard TD. Keep in mind, I watched every game except for a select few that were blackouts. Also, in terms of receiving, our offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild was the Offensive Coordinator of the Rams from 03-05 who loves to throw to the RB (Marshall Faulk 45, 50, 44 catches from 03-05). McGahee had just 18 catches last year. This obviously shows that the coaching staff had very little confidence in McGahee's ability as a receiver and we showed that we wanted to be more dimensional by drafting Marshawn Lynch in the draft.

What kills me is when analysts and Ravens fans talk about how McGahee will help out the passing game and be more "explosive." Because as all of us Bills fans know, we didn't see any of this in Buffalo.

Ravens1991
06-24-2007, 04:15 PM
When Ravens fans say "More explosive" that doesnt mean we will be a top 5 offense and pushing for records. Jamal had bad hads and little speed. So if McGahee isnt that explosive or good at catching there is a very good chance he does better then Jamal.

art vandelay
06-24-2007, 04:20 PM
When Ravens fans say "More explosive" that doesnt mean we will be a top 5 offense and pushing for records. Jamal had bad hads and little speed. So if McGahee isnt that explosive or good at catching there is a very good chance he does better then Jamal.

It's hard to believe that there is a RB who is worse at catching and has less explosion than Willis but if there is, than according to you it is Jamal. I guess you got a RB who is slightly better than Jamal Lewis who has a very similiar running style and strengths as a RB.

art vandelay
06-24-2007, 04:31 PM
In all honesty, ERU really hits the nail on the head with McGahee. I have been reading some threads on this board and it seems like ERU has actually watched McGahee play, unlike most of you. Also, I read that Vic Carucci shared a similar opinion when he said that Willis would not be a "dramatic improvement" over Jamal Lewis for the running game. I am also betting that he watched more Bills games than most of you.

ccB
06-24-2007, 05:27 PM
In all honesty, ERU really hits the nail on the head with McGahee. I have been reading some threads on this board and it seems like ERU has actually watched McGahee play, unlike most of you. Also, I read that Vic Carucci shared a similar opinion when he said that Willis would not be a "dramatic improvement" over Jamal Lewis for the running game. I am also betting that he watched more Bills games than most of you.

Who wants to watch the Bills? We know we know, it wasnt your team, below average line, streaky QB, injuries or the fact that hes playing in the freaking Buffalo. None of us watch football and apparently you havent seen Jamal Lewis play yet are willing to say hes better than Willis, wouldnt that make you a hypocrite seeing as how we dont know about McGahee because we dont get to see him play much? (but who does really, when is Buffalo ever on TV?) Whichever of all these reasons it is that you are trying to cram home it doesnt matter because we have heard everyone one of them since the trade became official.

America
06-24-2007, 05:29 PM
i remember he had rib trouble last year. while you can play with it, its an injury that would linger on.
yeah 2 broken ribs, and he only missed 2 games. he played with broken ribs. thats beastly effort if you ask me.

America
06-24-2007, 05:33 PM

plus. Travis Henry played with broken bones for us all the time...
geez that was a big mistake....getting rid of him....

and Baltimores O-line isnt better than Buffaloes...

Jason Peters-6'4 340lbs
Derrick Dockery-6'6 330lbs
Melvin Fowler- 6'3 310lbs
Duke Preston- 6'5 326lbs
Langston Walker-6'8 366lbs

Peters and Dockery have the potential to be the best left side in the NFL

yes..and your right side has the potential to absolutely blow. Peters is becoming very good. Dockery is a good lineman, but not great like you make him out to be, certainly not worth a 49 mil contract, even in this years crazy FA. And I'm a diehard Texas fan. I loved Dockery, but he's not great like you're making him out to be.

Ravens1991
06-24-2007, 05:34 PM
Plus broken ribs show he has heart and thats gotta mess with your breathing.

ccB
06-24-2007, 05:37 PM
Broken ribs? pft thats nothing, now if he would of played through a real injury, such as a broken spine, that would take heart.

Ravens1991
06-24-2007, 05:39 PM
yea that would be crazy, but I dought they could walk that would hurt so bad. I remember that one time when The Goose bruised his spine, couldnt move or a while and got taken out on that cart, came back to finish out the game. I miss the goose.

America
06-24-2007, 05:42 PM
It really seems to me that McGahee and Jamal are the same player. Neither have good speed and have similar running styles. They even have similar stats, as both have one 50+ yard run against bad run defenses for the entire season as their longest run and only have two 100 yard games for the entire season. What I am trying to say is don't expect McGahee to be a big upgrade over Jamal, if at all. If anything, Jamal has slightly better power and Willis has slightly better speed. I wouldn't want either on my team, though.

Jamal stopped running with toughness. He started dancing way too much, and he has essentially no cutting ability anymore. It really is a shame cause he used to be so incredibly dominant.

art vandelay
06-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Who wants to watch the Bills? We know we know, it wasnt your team, below average line, streaky QB, injuries or the fact that hes playing in the freaking Buffalo. None of us watch football and apparently you havent seen Jamal Lewis play yet are willing to say hes better than Willis, wouldnt that make you a hypocrite seeing as how we dont know about McGahee because we dont get to see him play much? (but who does really, when is Buffalo ever on TV?) Whichever of all these reasons it is that you are trying to cram home it doesnt matter because we have heard everyone one of them since the trade became official.

Bills fans watch Bills games. As does NFL analysts (at least watch game film, not necessarily live). I never said that Jamal was better, I said that Willis will not be a big upgrade on Jamal, if at all. As far as TV goes, the TV companies broadcast the NFL team that is in the certain state, so I don't expect you to have ever seen McGahee play. I will say that I have only seen Jamal play a few times, once the last game of 2006-2007 when you guys played us, once a few years ago when he was godly (you played the Browns) and once in Super Bowl XXXV. From what I remember, he really does have a similar running style to Willis'.

The thing I said about watching Bills games is that by what ERU says in certain posts it sounds like he has seen him play. I obviously don't know if this is true or not, but it seems like he has seen him play.

art vandelay
06-24-2007, 06:05 PM
Jamal stopped running with toughness. He started dancing way too much, and he has essentially no cutting ability anymore. It really is a shame cause he used to be so incredibly dominant.

This is Willis McGahee in a nutshell. The dominance would refer to Willis in college, before his knee injury.

Ravens1991
06-24-2007, 06:40 PM
It seems like so far Willis has had a better work ethic then Jamal has had recently.

America
06-24-2007, 06:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxmISnGldxs

watch the first minute. you cant say he has no explosion

Ravens1991
06-24-2007, 06:46 PM
yea I saw the same thing, that is more explosive then Jamal

America
06-24-2007, 06:54 PM
yea I saw the same thing, that is more explosive then Jamal
word. are you going to training camp again this year?

Ravens1991
06-24-2007, 07:02 PM
O yea hopefully a couple of times. Once to pick up autographs and the other to watch them and make observations

art vandelay
06-24-2007, 07:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxmISnGldxs

watch the first minute. you cant say he has no explosion

The Jets one I have mentioned as the longest run of his career. The one against Cincinnati was during the pre-season. Those are very rare occurences regardless. Basically any starting RB (minus Jamal Lewis you guys would say) could have made that run against the Jaguars. The whole rest of the video was of him in college.

EDIT - I never said he had "no" explosion. I said "very little."

BufFan71
06-24-2007, 08:14 PM
obv u cant see that on both runs had it been 10 more yards he wouldve been hawked down....

apperently u havent seen the clip where Slow Rodney Harrison runs down Willis McGahee when Willis tries to outrun him

BigDawg819
06-24-2007, 10:40 PM
Am I the only one that seems to think that all these Buffalo fans are bashing Willis because they miss him? I'm not sold on Willis until he proves it on the field, but all this crying from the Buffalo fans is kind of pathetic especially the talk of how great and how much better their offensive line is. Buffalo overpaid for to additions to that line so how are they great when they haven't played a down in the regular season together? All this ranting by Bills fans certainly shows a lack of knowledge about the game....

art vandelay
06-24-2007, 10:49 PM
Am I the only one that seems to think that all these Buffalo fans are bashing Willis because they miss him? I'm not sold on Willis until he proves it on the field, but all this crying from the Buffalo fans is kind of pathetic especially the talk of how great and how much better their offensive line is. Buffalo overpaid for to additions to that line so how are they great when they haven't played a down in the regular season together? All this ranting by Bills fans certainly shows a lack of knowledge about the game....

Wow, you think Bills fans miss Willis McGahee? I have hated McGahee for a long time and that can be seen in my posts lobbying for us to trade him and get Michael Turner, not to mention in the two forum mocks that I participated in I traded him both times. I just can't wait till you see him play. In time, you will see what we mean.

I never said that we significantly upgraded our offensive line. Honestly, I am not sold on Langston Walker, especially with the money we threw at him and frankly I don't like Texas Longhorn O-Lineman, period. However, I am willing to give them a chance. I love Jason Peters, though.

I am far from "crying" about McGahee. If anything, I am giving you guys a warning so that I can come back and say "I told you so." Immature, yes, but it's a football board.:) How have I shown a lack of knowledge of the game? I have witnessed Willis play and am telling you the truth. If I missed McGahee, then I would tell you I missed him. The one player that I will truly miss from last year's team will be Nate Clements. I won't miss McGahee, Spikes or even London Fletcher.

BufFan71
06-25-2007, 06:23 AM

ha your funny, yeah were gonna miss a HB that everytime he breaks a 10-15yd run we get excited b/c we wont see another one of those for a while...

id take Marshawn Lynch anyday over McGahee....

plus we rant about how much better our o-line is???

Look at some of the fans on here, saying how Ben grubbs is gonna be good when hes never played and NFL game, or that young center, whos inexperienced...

EdReedUnstoppable
06-25-2007, 07:42 AM
Bills fans definitely shouldn't miss Willis, Christ they have Marshawn goddam Lynch I'd love to have that RB.