PDA

View Full Version : Moses' Mock Draft (Dec. 13, 2006)

Moses
12-13-2006, 01:53 PM
Moses' Mock Draft
December. 13, 2006

1. Detroit Lions :: Brady Quinn - Quarterback - Senior - Notre Dame

2. Oakland Raiders :: Calvin Johnson - Wide Receiver - Junior - Georgia Tech

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers :: Joe Thomas - Offensive Tackle - Senior - Wisconsin

4. Arizona Cardinals :: Gaines Adams - Defensive End - Senior - Clemson

5. Washington Redskins :: Alan Branch - Defensive Tackle - Junior - Michigan

6. Houston Texans :: LaRon Landry - Safety - Senior - LSU

7. Cleveland Browns :: Adrian Peterson - Runningback - Junior - Oklahoma

8. St. Louis Rams :: Reggie Nelson - Safety - Junior - Florida

9. San Fransisco 49ers :: Leon Hall - Cornerback - Senior - Michigan

10. Green Bay Packers :: Marshawn Lynch - Runningback - Junior - California

11. Minnestoa Vikings :: Jake Long - Offensive Tackle - Junior - Michigan

12. Carolina Panthers :: JaMarcus Russell - Quarterback - Junior - LSU

13. Miami Dolphins :: Darrelle Revis - Cornerback - Junior - Pittsburgh

14. Pittsburgh Steelers :: LaMarr Woodley - Defensive End/Outside Linebacker

15. Buffalo Bills :: Amobi Okoye - Defensive Tackle - Senior - Louisville

16. Tennessee Titans :: Dwayne Jarrett - Wide Receiver - Junior - USC

17. Atlanta Falcons :: Michael Griffin - Safety - Senior - Texas

18. New York Jets :: Victor Abiamiri - Defensive End/Outside Linebacker - Senior - Notre Dame

19. Philadelphia Eagles :: Patrick Willis - Linebacker - Senior - Ole Miss

20. New York Giants :: Marcus McCauley - Cornerback - Senior - Fresno ST.

21. Kansas City Chiefs :: Ted Ginn Jr. - Wide Receiver - Junior - Ohio St.

22. Denver Broncos :: Quinn Pitcock - Defensive Tackle - Senior - Ohio St.

23. New England Patriots :: Paul Posluszny - Inside Linebacker - Senior - Penn St.

24. Dallas Cowboys :: Justin Blalock - Offensive Guard/Tackle - Senior - Texas

25. Jacksonville Jaguars :: Quentin Moses - Defensive End - Senior - Georgia

26. Cincinnatti Bengals :: DeMarcus Tyler - Defensive Tackle - Senior - North Carolina St.

27. New Orleans Saints :: Buster Davis - Inside Linebacker - Senior - Florida St.

28. New England Patriots :: Antoine Cason - Cornerback - Junior - Arizona

29. Baltimore Ravens :: Troy Smith - Quarterback - Senior - Ohio St.

30. Indianapolis Colts :: Rufus Alexander - Outside Linebacker - Senior - Oklahoma

31. Chicago Bears :: Levi Brown - Offensive Tackle - Senior - Penn St.

32. San Diego Chargers :: H.B. Blades - Inside Linebacker - Senior - Pittsburgh

ricky bobby
12-13-2006, 02:21 PM
Antoine Cason >>>> MacCauley

McCauley has had a subpar senior year and against what type of competition?

Moses
12-13-2006, 02:26 PM
Antoine Cason >>>> MacCauley

McCauley has had a subpar senior year and against what type of competition?

He's easily the best athlete at the cornerback position in the draft. After the combine and workouts he'll be solified in the 1st round and will likely be the 2nd or 3rd cornerback selected.

indyfan1985
12-13-2006, 02:29 PM
pretty decent pick for the Titans. They will either go with Ginn, Jarrett, or Landry.

For the Colts, I do like Alexander but I feel that DT is a bigger need. So possibly Frank Okam would be a good pick there and I think Okoye would be availabe there too even though you have him going much earlier which is too high for him. Also Lamarr Woodley is a possibly for the Colts as well since Freeney could be gone.

JT Jag
12-13-2006, 02:30 PM
Moses intrigues me.

Moses
12-13-2006, 02:35 PM
pretty decent pick for the Titans. They will either go with Ginn, Jarrett, or Landry.

For the Colts, I do like Alexander but I feel that DT is a bigger need. So possibly Frank Okam would be a good pick there and I think Okoye would be availabe there too even though you have him going much earlier which is too high for him. Also Lamarr Woodley is a possibly for the Colts as well since Freeney could be gone.

I have Frank Okam not declaring for the draft.

Both Okoye and Woodley are both gone by the Colts pick so that is not a possibility. Okoye is the 2nd or 3rd best DT and I can't see him being available when the Colts pick. Woodley is the top DE/OLB tweener in the draft and again, will likely be gone before the Colts pick. Plus, the Colts are going to franchise Freeney if they can't resign him.

Moses
12-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Moses intrigues me.

Huge steal and perfect fit at that point in my opinion. You basically can't double team Moses with Henderson and Stroud on the field so he could be dominate in the pass rush.

Finsfan79
12-13-2006, 02:47 PM
13. Miami Dolphins :: Darrelle Revis - Cornerback - Junior - Pittsburgh

I think he will end up being the top CB out of the class so really no huge problems for the pick. I wish there was more LT's in the draft it seems to be tackle empty this year.

SuperMcGee
12-13-2006, 02:49 PM
Though its clearly a need, I'm not sure how intent we are on going after another 1st round DT. McCargo barely got to play this year.

Willis, Posluszny, or Jarrett would be better there

Moses
12-13-2006, 02:53 PM
Though its clearly a need, I'm not sure how intent we are on going after another 1st round DT. McCargo barely got to play this year.

That's not a bad point. What has McCargo been up to this year? I've heard basically nothing about him. Also, the Bills are going to dedicate a lot of early picks to their offensive and defensive lines based on their drafting philosphy.

JT Jag
12-13-2006, 02:59 PM
Moses intrigues me.Huge steal and perfect fit at that point in my opinion. You basically can't double team Moses with Henderson and Stroud on the field so he could be dominate in the pass rush.Bobby McCray is going to be a long-term starter for the Jaguars. Factor that in when you make your picks. He's an outstanding pass-rusher that has carried the Jaguars pass-rush on his back this year without Reggie Hayward and his run-defending skills have increased dramatically. When Hayward comes back next year, he'll be even better because he won't be double teamed.

Moses would be drafted early for two reasons.

1. The FO would view him as the Best Available Player

2. They wouldn't be sure how much of a workload Hayward could shoulder immediately after his achilles injury

The four-DE rotation of Hayward, McCray, Moses and Spicer would strike fear in the hearts of offensive tackles everywhere.

SuperMcGee
12-13-2006, 03:05 PM

That's not a bad point. What has McCargo been up to this year? I've heard basically nothing about him. Also, the Bills are going to dedicate a lot of early picks to their offensive and defensive lines based on their drafting philosphy.

McCargo was put on IR in the early half of the season. He played on passing downs and wasn't doing too well in my view, but others liked what they saw
I feel that we could definitely use some help on the lines. I haven't at one point throughout the year liked our DT situation. The defensive ends have their on games and their off games. Schobel is really the only really good player on the line, but Kelsay-Denney have been serving well so far this year. A guy like Moses could still be a possibility but its been pushed back since the start of the season in my mind. One tackle position is set with Peters. Fowler will be the center next year. Our guards can use some work, but for that in a first round mock its pretty much yes or no on Blalock. Tackle possibilities take a hit with Jake Long staying for another year, and I'm not that intent on going after Levi Brown in the first.

Gridiron
12-13-2006, 03:30 PM
18. New York Jets :: Victor Abiamiri - Defensive End/Outside Linebacker - Senior - Notre Dame

Not crazy about this pick. If we were going with a rush linebacker, I'd rather have Anthony Spencer. But in this situation, give us Justin Blalock.

The Dynasty
12-13-2006, 03:50 PM
This is probally going to sound like a newbie question but what is Jake Long's Position? espn.com says OL which i knew that but when i watched the Michigan vs. Ohio State game he was LT which vikings just signed Mckinnie to a 7yr/48.5 million deal so can he also play RT or LG? Just wondering... Overall Nice draft i agree we need to build the line to protect the QB and rush.

diabsoule
12-13-2006, 03:59 PM
I love the Buster Davis pick to the Saints. I know our need for a CB is bigger than it is for a MLB but Davis seems to be the best player available when the Saints pick so I'm happy to have him. He's a beast and is all over the field when he plays and he is definately an improvement over Simoneau at MLB.

I know in the second round we need to address CB. If Ross or Bennett or available then I say we take them. If not then we take the BPA.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-13-2006, 04:01 PM
I love the Buster Davis pick to the Saints. I know our need for a CB is bigger than it is for a MLB but Davis seems to be the best player available when the Saints pick so I'm happy to have him. He's a beast and is all over the field when he plays and he is definately an improvement over Simoneau at MLB.

I know in the second round we need to address CB. If Ross or Bennett or available then I say we take them. If not then we take the BPA.

Aaron Ross is a first rounder. :wink:

Moses
12-13-2006, 04:25 PM

Not crazy about this pick. If we were going with a rush linebacker, I'd rather have Anthony Spencer. But in this situation, give us Justin Blalock.

Abiamiri is going to be a workout warrior I think and he's definitely a better prospect then Spencer at this point. The Jets spent two first rounders on offensive linemen in the last draft, I doubt they get yet another 1st rounder.

Moses
12-13-2006, 04:25 PM

That was basically the exact same analysis I had.

villagewarrior
12-13-2006, 04:33 PM
I like Ginn to the Chiefs. Scratch that, I love it. I'd be very happy if that happened, or if they took Pitcock or Tyler, that would be good too. Levi Brown is ok too.

slightlyaraiderfan
12-13-2006, 04:39 PM
I've been wanting Calvin for a long time now...but now that Lamont is out, I think we might look at Peterson. It's a good pick, but RB might have become a pressing need.

Gridiron
12-13-2006, 04:41 PM
Abiamiri is going to be a workout warrior I think and he's definitely a better prospect then Spencer at this point. The Jets spent two first rounders on offensive linemen in the last draft, I doubt they get yet another 1st rounder.

We have absolutely nobody at RT. Adrian Jones is going to get cut (DUI) and it's highly speculated that Anthony Clement, our current starter, will be cut as well. And you can't ignore the production that Bryan Thomas and Victor Hobson have brought to the team.

I'm pretty confident that the pick will be DE or RT.

nshelat1
12-13-2006, 04:52 PM
Moses intrigues me.Huge steal and perfect fit at that point in my opinion. You basically can't double team Moses with Henderson and Stroud on the field so he could be dominate in the pass rush.Bobby McCray is going to be a long-term starter for the Jaguars. Factor that in when you make your picks. He's an outstanding pass-rusher that has carried the Jaguars pass-rush on his back this year without Reggie Hayward and his run-defending skills have increased dramatically. When Hayward comes back next year, he'll be even better because he won't be double teamed.

Moses would be drafted early for two reasons.

1. The FO would view him as the Best Available Player

2. They wouldn't be sure how much of a workload Hayward could shoulder immediately after his achilles injury

The four-DE rotation of Hayward, McCray, Moses and Spicer would strike fear in the hearts of offensive tackles everywhere.

Dont forget Brent Hawkins. An absolute pass-rushing fiend who probably will come in on obvious situations. He's injured now but showed so much promise in the preseason specifically and early this year.

I dont want to diminish Moses' talent at all- but with all the talent we have at DE, i still think we'd be better off reaching for one of the later round LB's- like Rufus Alexander. I realize this probably is just a pipe dream with the FO usually going BAP and Moses easily being the BAP as per this draft.

diabsoule
12-13-2006, 04:53 PM
I've been wanting Calvin for a long time now...but now that Lamont is out, I think we might look at Peterson. It's a good pick, but RB might have become a pressing need.

When I did my mock draft, I gave you guys CJ in the first and then Michael Bush in the 2nd. You guys are in a unique situation. You can draft a playmaking WR in Calvin Johnson in the first and then come back in the 2nd and draft someone who is also a playmaker in Michael Bush or Kenny Irons. I say take CJ, he's BPA for your team at that point since one of your starting WR's is leaving, and then draft a RB in Round 2 since RB's are going to be going quickly.

smittyjs
12-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Nice pick for the titans, but i have a feeling draft day Ginn will be high on the titans Big board.

Smokey Joe
12-13-2006, 05:23 PM
LOVE the Bears pick. I like Levi a lot, and if Levi is comming to the Bears, that means that Briggs is staying!!!

Moses
12-13-2006, 05:42 PM
Nice pick for the titans, but i have a feeling draft day Ginn will be high on the titans Big board.

If Bennett leaves, I think they'll definitely go with Jarrett since they won't have a big receiver anymore. However, if Bennett stays, Ginn Jr. is a definite possibility.

King Rhabuf
12-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Pretty poor mock draft. Theres NO WAY the Bills draft a DT, especially a major project one when they have McCargo.

Moses
12-13-2006, 07:04 PM
Pretty poor mock draft. Theres NO WAY the Bills draft a DT, especially a major project one when they have McCargo.

Other then that, what is so "poor" about the mock draft?

thule
12-13-2006, 07:23 PM
Love the Blalock pick to Big D. Great mock as always.

King Rhabuf
12-13-2006, 08:29 PM

The Cardinals need a linemen a lot more than a DE, and I'm pretty sure they would reach for one if Thomas is off the board.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Texans would take Peterson over Landry.

The Dolphins don't need to spend another first rounder on a CB.

draftguru151
12-13-2006, 08:31 PM

The Cardinals need a linemen a lot more than a DE, and I'm pretty sure they would reach for one if Thomas is off the board.

What do you mean another? We haven't drafted a first round CB since Jamar Fletcher.

Moses
12-13-2006, 08:33 PM

Cardinals would reach for Long at #4? Very doubtful. RTs simply don't go that high. Cardinals defence is pretty terrible and adding a quality DE like Adams would be a huge upgrade.

Texans could take Peterson but they seem content with their running back situation as it stands now. If they were willing to pass on Bush, I could see them passing on Peterson as well.

Allen could very well play safety for the Dolphins and they need depth at cornerback anyway.

King Rhabuf
12-13-2006, 08:36 PM
What do you mean another? We haven't drafted a first round CB since Jamar Fletcher.

Tell me who you drafted in this years draft in the first round.

Hint - Jason Allen

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-13-2006, 08:39 PM

Hint - Jason Allen :lol: hes a Safety.

NGSeiler
12-13-2006, 08:42 PM
8. St. Louis Rams :: Reggie Nelson - Safety - Junior - Florida

Nice pick. I'd kind of prefer Landry but with him off the board Nelson is the next best thing. A lot better than reaching for a defensive line prospect, even if that is a bigger need area.

King Rhabuf
12-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Cardinals would reach for Long at #4? Very doubtful. RTs simply don't go that high. Cardinals defence is pretty terrible and adding a quality DE like Adams would be a huge upgrade.

Texans could take Peterson but they seem content with their running back situation as it stands now. If they were willing to pass on Bush, I could see them passing on Peterson as well.

Allen could very well play safety for the Dolphins and they need depth at cornerback anyway.

The quoting system here is really bad. Anyways:

The Cardinals are ranked 31st in the NFL in rushing, and they really need to improve their line. I think they would reach for Brown. Adding a DE has really helped the Texans defense this year btw.

Considering the Texans runningbacks are Ron Dayne and Wali Lundy, I think they should take Peterson.

Miami has the 4th best pass defense in the NFL (ypg). I think they should try to upgrade their line - their running game is 26th in the league.

King Rhabuf
12-13-2006, 08:44 PM

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/allen_jason

Way to hit a home run there

draftguru151
12-13-2006, 08:47 PM

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/allen_jason

Way to hit a home run there

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=7765

http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/depth?formationId=16&team=mia

Grand slam eh?

King Rhabuf
12-13-2006, 08:54 PM
I'm glad two reputable sites list him at different positions.

Do you really want to the team to draft another DB? :P

draftguru151
12-13-2006, 09:03 PM
I'm glad two reputable sites list him at different positions.

Do you really want to the team to draft another DB? :P

The site you posted listed him as a CB prospect, which he was. But he was a CB/S prospect, and he still might play CB, but he is at safety right now. On nfl.com they have him at FS.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/depthcharts/MIA

And yes I want another DB within the first two rounds, be it a safety or CB, depending where Allen plays, but we need a DB.

Moses
12-13-2006, 10:41 PM

The quoting system here is really bad. Anyways:

The Cardinals are ranked 31st in the NFL in rushing, and they really need to improve their line. I think they would reach for Brown. Adding a DE has really helped the Texans defense this year btw.

Considering the Texans runningbacks are Ron Dayne and Wali Lundy, I think they should take Peterson.

Miami has the 4th best pass defense in the NFL (ypg). I think they should try to upgrade their line - their running game is 26th in the league.

Right, adding an elite defensive end rarely helps out defences. :roll:

Texans also have Domanick Davis who they signed to a huge 7-year deal. If they were willing to pass on Bush, they will be willing to pass on Peterson.

Caddy
12-13-2006, 10:43 PM
Great Bucs pick

King Rhabuf
12-13-2006, 10:54 PM

Texans also have Domanick Davis who they signed to a huge 7-year deal. If they were willing to pass on Bush, they will be willing to pass on Peterson.

They were idiots to give him that deal considering his knee problems in college. Hes also coming off season ending surgery btw.

That fanbase is going to get really pissed off if the team keeps passing on hyped hype skill players too.

Moses
12-14-2006, 01:08 AM

They were idiots to give him that deal considering his knee problems in college. Hes also coming off season ending surgery btw.

That fanbase is going to get really pissed off if the team keeps passing on hyped hype skill players too.

Kubiak was the offensive coordinator in Denver. I just can't see him wanting a 1st round runningback.

Whether it was a good idea or not, the Texans did give Davis a huge deal. Lundy is servicable and Dayne and Gado can earn the occasional carry. I can almost guarantee that Houston will be using a runningback-by-committee approach. It would be foolish to tie up that mcuh money into the runningback position when they have so many other big needs.

King Rhabuf
12-14-2006, 01:15 AM

Kubiak was the offensive coordinator in Denver. I just can't see him wanting a 1st round runningback.

Whether it was a good idea or not, the Texans did give Davis a huge deal. Lundy is servicable and Dayne and Gado can earn the occasional carry. I can almost guarantee that Houston will be using a runningback-by-committee approach. It would be foolish to tie up that mcuh money into the runningback position when they have so many other big needs.

I guess its just a matter of opinion then. Tough call for that team. You have to admit that Peterson is a sexier option, and he will get people in the stands.

I'm using the Texans in franchise in madden and by some miracle Peterson fell to the 2nd round and I took him. :D :D :D :D :D

That secondary is rotten though.

steelcrew43
12-14-2006, 01:37 AM
woodley that high???

Moses
12-14-2006, 01:41 AM
woodley that high???

Top rushbacker in the draft.

Xonraider
12-14-2006, 02:00 AM
Can't go wrong with CJ or AP.

NickBam
12-14-2006, 03:23 AM
I gave you an A because you didn't give the Bears Zach Miller and I'm a big Levi Brown fan.

fenikz
12-14-2006, 04:52 AM
hooray for gaines adams

the cards o-line has played much better as of late

cards will draft BPA that fits a need

Handel
12-14-2006, 05:26 AM
Like the Pats picks.

King Rhabuf
12-14-2006, 12:40 PM
woodley that high???

Hes a 'tweener.

draftguru151
12-14-2006, 04:20 PM
woodley that high???

Hes a 'tweener.

Most rushbackers are. :?

Number 10
12-14-2006, 04:25 PM
I'd rather have Cason over McCauley.

Moses
12-14-2006, 04:30 PM

Luckily you're not the GM of the Giants. :P

draftguru151
12-14-2006, 04:33 PM

:lol: And get rid of that sig #10, that is huge.

ninerfan
12-14-2006, 06:50 PM
moses how old are you - your here all the time dispensing words of wisdom - I'd hate to think I've been talking 'learned' advice from a 13yo

Moses
12-14-2006, 06:59 PM
moses how old are you - your here all the time dispensing words of wisdom - I'd hate to think I've been talking 'learned' advice from a 13yo

I'm 13 and a half for your information.

12-14-2006, 07:01 PM
Best possible Cardinals pick in that situation. I like the Colts pick too, but it's not happening.

Moses
12-14-2006, 07:04 PM
Best possible Cardinals pick in that situation. I like the Colts pick too, but it's not happening.

Why don't you think the Colts pick would happen?

12-14-2006, 07:05 PM

We don't take first round linebackers. Hopefully that changes, but I don't think it will.

Moses
12-14-2006, 07:09 PM

We don't take first round linebackers. Hopefully that changes, but I don't think it will.

Well the Colts are almost assuredly going defence and the only other spot they would likely invest a pick in would be DT.

12-14-2006, 07:11 PM

Well the Colts are almost assuredly going defence and the only other spot they would likely invest a pick in would be DT.

A trade down would also be a possibility.

marks01234
12-14-2006, 07:57 PM
eh, HB Blades at the end of the first for the Chergers. Not exactly exciting. I really don't see Blades as a first day pick much less a first rounder guy.

draftguru151
12-14-2006, 08:30 PM
eh, HB Blades at the end of the first for the Chergers. Not exactly exciting. I really don't see Blades as a first day pick much less a first rounder guy.

There is NO way he falls out of the first day. The third round is the absolute latest he will go, and he will very likely be a second rounder.

Number 10
12-14-2006, 08:38 PM

Low blow.

McCauley is starting to remind me too much of Jimmy Williams. He may not have the foot quickness to hack it big time in the NFL as a CB.

And I love Cason, he could evolve into a do it all, Dunta Robinson type CB.

Moses
12-14-2006, 09:12 PM

Low blow.

McCauley is starting to remind me too much of Jimmy Williams. He may not have the foot quickness to hack it big time in the NFL as a CB.

Athleticism is not an issue with McCauley. He's easily the best athlete at cornerback in this draft.

Number 10
12-14-2006, 10:03 PM

Low blow.

Athleticism is not an issue with McCauley. He's easily the best athlete at cornerback in this draft.

Eh....there are a few CBs with quicker feet than McCauley.