PDA

View Full Version : Buh Bye Tank

k0ng
06-25-2007, 02:13 PM
The bears waived Tank. Guess there was more than alcohol in his blood or something.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=3549

HoopsDemon12
06-25-2007, 02:14 PM
The bears waived Tank. Guess there was more than alcohol in his blood or something.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=3549

they will survive.... Dusty will step up and play huge this season and no one will remember tank just watch

HoopsDemon12
06-25-2007, 02:14 PM
and by the way... welcome to the boards...

Go_Eagles77
06-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Do the bengals need a DT? Jk

lod01
06-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Goodbye Tank.....wheels coming off.

remix 6
06-25-2007, 02:20 PM
Do the bengals need a DT? Jk

actually they do :)

k0ng
06-25-2007, 02:20 PM
and by the way... welcome to the boards...

Thanks man. I've been lurking around these boards for a while and made an account back during the draft. This place is a nice refresh from all the idiot homers on the official Bears boards.

HoopsDemon12
06-25-2007, 02:29 PM
Thanks man. I've been lurking around these boards for a while and made an account back during the draft. This place is a nice refresh from all the idiot homers on the official Bears boards.

ya i lurked for maybe a month or so... then posted a couple and now i post maybe 20 a day... it just doesnt show cause i had so much inactive posting time.. but ya its a grade A site

Paul
06-25-2007, 02:31 PM
Welcome Kong, stay away from the off-topic section. It will corrupt your soul.

As for Tank...sucks for him.

HoopsDemon12
06-25-2007, 02:34 PM
Welcome Kong, stay away from the off-topic section. It will corrupt your soul.

As for Tank...sucks for him.

nah he is fine to go i think... phrost wont steal anymore souls... but that black is bad news.. he'll get in those jeans

Don Vito
06-25-2007, 02:54 PM
I wonder if anyone will give him another shot, he would be a good get for tampa, they could probably use a little DT help. Plus he is a perfect fit for their defense with experience playing in a similar scheme.

TitleTown088
06-25-2007, 03:39 PM
* "We've only just begun" by the carpenters*. . I applaude Da bears for this. They are setting a great example for the entire NFL by showing they will not stand for this crap. However, the Packerfan inside me hopes this is jsut the beginning of the end for the burly bears.

Wow, it should be nice having the best dline in the Norris...... ;)

PoopSandwich
06-25-2007, 03:45 PM

Pretty much refreshing from any team's message boards...

The Browns board is pretty much an OSU homerfest...

skinzzfan25
06-25-2007, 03:58 PM
Man the Redskins could really use him....

Too bad he's an idiot lol.

bored of education
06-25-2007, 04:19 PM
WHOAA peace dawg

Geo
06-25-2007, 04:25 PM
* "We've only just begun" by the carpenters*. . I applaude Da bears for this. They are setting a great example for the entire NFL by showing they will not stand for this crap.
Give me a break, the Bears should have done this a while ago. There's no integrity to laud in doing this now, as opposed to when it should have been done.

sik wit it
06-25-2007, 05:29 PM
.........*insert slow clap for tank*

TitleTown088
06-25-2007, 05:49 PM
Give me a break, the Bears should have done this a while ago. There's no integrity to laud in doing this now, as opposed to when it should have been done.

Well atleased they did somthing to express their disapproval unlike the Titans...

ks_perfection
06-25-2007, 06:01 PM
I wonder if anyone will give him another shot, he would be a good get for tampa, they could probably use a little DT help. Plus he is a perfect fit for their defense with experience playing in a similar scheme.

He'll probably be given another chance soon, if not Chances are that a contender will lose a DT during the season and will gladly sign him for hte remaining 8 games + playoffs.

CC.SD
06-25-2007, 06:51 PM
Well atleased they did somthing to express their disapproval unlike the Titans...

No kidding. This really makes the Titans look inept.

Splat
06-25-2007, 07:24 PM
He is going to have a hard time getting picked up by another team.

ny10804
06-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Guess it's back to sucking down 15 beef sticks per day.

bearsfan_51
06-25-2007, 08:35 PM
I called this quite a while ago. If H-Ditka comes around, please someone rub this in his face for me as I'm rarely around anymore.

By the way, Titletown, I've spent the last 2 days in South Dakota. God damn this place sucks.....

SuperKevin
06-25-2007, 09:48 PM
I can't imagine anyone will take a chance on him after all of this. It's not like he was an elite performer

no love
06-25-2007, 10:16 PM
I can only see him getting picked up late in the season due to need and injury. Teams are going to need to be desperate and hope he doesn't get in trouble again RIGHT BEFORE the playoffs.

Damix
06-25-2007, 10:38 PM
I can only see him getting picked up late in the season due to need and injury. Teams are going to need to be desperate and hope he doesn't get in trouble again RIGHT BEFORE the playoffs.

How does that help? He can't serve his suspension unless he is picked up.

Shiver
06-25-2007, 10:50 PM
I called this quite a while ago. If H-Ditka comes around, please someone rub this in his face for me as I'm rarely around anymore.

By the way, Titletown, I've spent the last 2 days in South Dakota. God damn this place sucks.....

Tell me about it, I go up there for my grandmother every now and then.

bearsfan_51
06-25-2007, 10:50 PM
How does that help? He can't serve his suspension unless he is picked up.
I'm pretty sure that he can. I know it counts even if you're injured.

TitleTown088
06-25-2007, 10:56 PM

Where at in South Dakota?

TitleTown088
06-25-2007, 10:57 PM
Tell me about it, I go up there for my grandmother every now and then.

Where to in SD?

Shiver
06-25-2007, 11:03 PM
Up in Huron.

TitleTown088
06-25-2007, 11:06 PM
Up in Huron.

Oh, you won't hear me refute that. The only good thing in that part of the state is the hunting.

SFbear
06-25-2007, 11:47 PM
I agree that Tank had more than enough chances and probably deserved to be cut a long time ago, but what if the blood tests come back negative for any "impairing" substances. Did the Bears just cut a decent DT for driving 15 miles over the speed limit?

Dam8610
06-25-2007, 11:51 PM
Did the Bears just cut a decent DT for driving 15 miles over the speed limit?

Pretty much, yeah.

sweetness34
06-26-2007, 01:31 AM
I agree that Tank had more than enough chances and probably deserved to be cut a long time ago, but what if the blood tests come back negative for any "impairing" substances. Did the Bears just cut a decent DT for driving 15 miles over the speed limit?

And being out early in the morning one day after OTA's. He was on a short leash and this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

MasterShake
06-26-2007, 04:23 PM
He'll probably be given another chance soon, if not Chances are that a contender will lose a DT during the season and will gladly sign him for hte remaining 8 games + playoffs.

I'm pretty sure he'll be suspended the whole year at this point. I have no info on this, just my guess.

SubNoize
06-27-2007, 12:36 PM
COULD COWBOYS BE INTERESTED IN TANK? by Michael David Smith

Add the Cowboys to the list of teams that could have an interest in suspended defensive tackle Tank Johnson, who was waived by the Chicago Bears Monday.

Matt Mosley of the ESPN Hashmarks blog reports that a member of the Cowboys organization told him that Johnson would be a "perfect fit" in new head coach Wade Phillips' 3-4 defense. The Cowboys apparently consider it a positive that Johnson has spent his entire three-year career playing in a 4-3 defense, as they think 4-3 tackles have the kind of versatility to make them good fits for Phillips' defense.

Per Mosley, the Cowboys see Johnson as a versatile enough player to line up at nose tackle or at either of the defensive end spots. And Mosley notes that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones isn't afraid of taking chances on troubled but talented players.

BaLLiN
06-27-2007, 01:41 PM
cowboys can have him, look what happened with TO, he caused Bill P. to retire, I don't think Tank is that much of a problem but i hope him and TO will wreck that team

SFbear
06-27-2007, 06:11 PM
COULD COWBOYS BE INTERESTED IN TANK? by Michael David Smith

Add the Cowboys to the list of teams that could have an interest in suspended defensive tackle Tank Johnson, who was waived by the Chicago Bears Monday.

Matt Mosley of the ESPN Hashmarks blog reports that a member of the Cowboys organization told him that Johnson would be a "perfect fit" in new head coach Wade Phillips' 3-4 defense. The Cowboys apparently consider it a positive that Johnson has spent his entire three-year career playing in a 4-3 defense, as they think 4-3 tackles have the kind of versatility to make them good fits for Phillips' defense.

Per Mosley, the Cowboys see Johnson as a versatile enough player to line up at nose tackle or at either of the defensive end spots. And Mosley notes that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones isn't afraid of taking chances on troubled but talented players.

Tank is purely a gap penetrator and would be absolutely terrible as a 3-4 NT even if he gained like 30 pounds. Historically gap penetrating DTs from Tampa 2s don't succeed as 3-4 DE's.