PDA

View Full Version : Javorskie Lane?

TouchdownUSC
06-26-2007, 09:52 AM
what is your opinions on Javorskie Lane, Texas A&M RB?

energizerbunny
06-26-2007, 09:53 AM
he's fat, not much of a pro prospect

TouchdownUSC
06-26-2007, 09:54 AM
i think he is a unique college player but i dont think he will be quick enough to play RB in the NFL

Staubach12
06-26-2007, 01:53 PM
I coukd see him taking on a Bettis-type roll for a team; Though he might be moved to FB.

schmiddog
06-26-2007, 05:25 PM
I coukd see him taking on a Bettis-type roll for a team; Though he might be moved to FB.

He doesn't have the necessary skill set, or for that matter, the necessary athleticism, to consistently produce as a HB. So that negates the possibility of a "Bettis type role". Will he be able to master the nuances of the FB position, that's an interesting question. We'll see. At this point, I'd say he's a 5th-7th round guy.

-black
06-26-2007, 06:50 PM
extremly poor mans version of TJ Ducket.......scratch him off of any pro prospect lists at RB......

jbeans187
06-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Hes not nearly as athletic as bettis. How are his hands, could he be a TE?

dware_94
06-26-2007, 08:06 PM
he's fat...and isn't even A&M's best RB

Gchu83
06-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Lane will have to make the move to FB is he wants to play in the NFL.

PACKmanN
06-26-2007, 09:24 PM
all he would be good for is getting that 1 or 2 yards and goal line guy.

Brent
06-26-2007, 09:42 PM
J-train! ...yeah he's not going to be anything after college and Goodson is way better than J-train.

Staubach12
06-26-2007, 09:47 PM
He doesn't have the necessary skill set, or for that matter, the necessary athleticism, to consistently produce as a HB. So that negates the possibility of a "Bettis type role". Will he be able to master the nuances of the FB position, that's an interesting question. We'll see. At this point, I'd say he's a 5th-7th round guy.

When I say Bettis-type roll, I think you misunderstood me. I meant to say that he could be a player that you could mix with a smaller back and have success, like in Bettis' late career, specifically in '05. I'm not saying he can be a fulltime back in the NFL by any means, and I'm sorry, I should have been more clear.

Now that I think of it, a more specific role to put him in would be that of Brandon Jacobs this past year, which was short yardage, red zone, and some mixing in on other plays. That's problably the best he could do, though. BTW, This is in no way shape or form a comparison to BJ, only an example of a role ina an offense.

SuperKevin
06-26-2007, 11:04 PM
Reminds me a lot of Ja'mar Toombs who was another HUGE Texas A&M RB who was too fat and slow for the NFL

schmiddog
06-27-2007, 01:42 PM
When I say Bettis-type roll, I think you misunderstood me. I meant to say that he could be a player that you could mix with a smaller back and have success, like in Bettis' late career, specifically in '05. I'm not saying he can be a fulltime back in the NFL by any means, and I'm sorry, I should have been more clear.

Now that I think of it, a more specific role to put him in would be that of Brandon Jacobs this past year, which was short yardage, red zone, and some mixing in on other plays. That's problably the best he could do, though. BTW, This is in no way shape or form a comparison to BJ, only an example of a role ina an offense.

Yeah, I understand, but even so, I don't think he could be effective even in a platoon situation. He's just too lumbering, and the punishment he doles out now in the college ranks will be rendered largely ineffective in the pros. I like him as a VERY occasional change of pace player to run in short yardage, or maybe take a screen or two from time to time.

TouchdownUSC
06-27-2007, 02:04 PM
he's fat...and isn't even A&M's best RB

Lane is number 1 on A&M's depth chart so he must be doing something right. I have seen him catch some pretty deep passes but i still dont know if TE would be a good fit for him. I think fullback is his best option if he cant play HB. He is a pretty good blocker

Green Bay Scat
06-27-2007, 03:25 PM
wow theres seems to be a lot of hate in this thread, YOUR MY BOY BLUE!

Clayton89
06-27-2007, 03:42 PM
even if he is first on the depth chart doesnt mean hes gonna get the majority of the carries cause Mike Goodson is a star in the making plus ive seen him play since he was at Lufkin and he hasnt changed at all relying on his size for success which wont work in the NFL so i hope he can block or else hell be staring in the Arena League

Brent
06-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Lane is number 1 on A&M's depth chart so he must be doing something right. I have seen him catch some pretty deep passes but i still dont know if TE would be a good fit for him. I think fullback is his best option if he cant play HB. He is a pretty good blocker
He's at the top because he is a better blocker than Goodson and has more experience. That's about it.

BamaFalcon59
06-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Kind of like a less athletic, less productive Ron Dayne. Dayne arrived at Wisconsin at 270 pounds. He just got the ball a ton and had great endurence and power. Neither had great hands either. Not near as good in college but a comoparable skillset. Probably a 5th rounder at best at the moment. Then again, he could shave down to 240-250 by the end of his senior year and runs a 4.6 he could rise at least a few rounds.

M1Koter
06-27-2007, 06:48 PM
that dude is a tank, but yeah, he just isn't good enough for the NFL

ElectricEye
06-27-2007, 07:04 PM
Well, I don't ever like to say never on a guy, but things are pretty bleak in his case. If someone falls in love with him as a goalline back, he might get a chance.
Fun to watch though.

High Roller
06-28-2007, 12:40 PM
He will definately get drafted...I'd be glad if the niners got him cuz we can't seem to get that 3rd and 1...Rams fans know all about it.

BaLLiN
06-28-2007, 01:02 PM
he's like ron dayne, doesn't keep moving his legs, FB would be better for him, but i don't think he'll make it to the NFL

gator3guy
06-29-2007, 11:35 PM
Let's remember this guy is still just a junior. ALot can happen in 2 seasons. I think this guy will make in in the NFL. He probably wont be a starter but hes a guy that will become very valuable to some team.

Mr. Stiller
07-02-2007, 01:41 AM
I say he gets drafted Round 4 and plays an H-back role.

While not having Bettis-like feet, he is still extremely agile for his size, he can shake an sizzle on occasion, but he would make a good Power FB, with option to block at TE or as a SYB/Receiver.

gator3guy
07-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Hey if they can turn Greg Jones into a FB then this guy can be too. I could see him playing a similar role. Not a great blocking FB but one who can catch and line up in single back formations. I could see it happening.

BamaFalcon59
07-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Jones was a much better athlete and looks like a beast. Lane is fat.

gator3guy
07-03-2007, 10:46 AM

I'll give you Jones as a better athlete but I'm talking about blocking and desire. When Jones came into the league, personally I thought he was a horrible lead blocker and would never be able to make it as a FB. Lane may not be a great athlete but the man is a tailback in the Big 12, he has enough athleticism to make it at FB. IMO

High Roller
07-03-2007, 11:37 AM
I say he gets drafted Round 4 and plays an H-back role.

Although I can see an H-Back possibly, I can't see the 4th round. I was thinking late 5th-6th. I still think he's best suited for a FB role with goal line carries.

Mr. Stiller
07-03-2007, 05:57 PM

Again, Lane has 2 seasons to get in better shape.

Will you be saying the same if he shows up at the combine 6'0, 265lbs and running in the 4.5's?

BamaFalcon59
07-05-2007, 08:42 AM
I will be saying that he made a huge improvement. But you can't judge on possibility, because he could also gain 20 pounds and run a 4.9. You judge on what is current if asked what round they are expected to go in. Otherwise it is skewed.

Staubach12
07-06-2007, 08:30 PM
The stuff about Lane as a TE is bullcrap. I'vfe explained this a thousandd times, and I'll problably do it a thousand times more. The TE position is designed to be too tall for a safety yet too fast for a linebacker. He's not tall enough by any means to be a TE. He won't be the matchup nightmare that the TE has to be to be successful.

VY10
07-07-2007, 12:19 AM
Again, Lane has 2 seasons to get in better shape.

Will you be saying the same if he shows up at the combine 6'0, 265lbs and running in the 4.5's?

Haha IF he shows up to the combine like that.

BuddyCHRIST
07-08-2007, 10:26 PM
he's soft for a big man, all his runs he just runs like 3 yards through an open hole, and rarely breaks tackles

big daddy russ
07-29-2007, 02:53 PM
I think he's a solid prospect. Maybe not a future HOFer, but a guy who could start in spot situations and would be a great 3rd down back despite his size.

He has the best hands of any RB in the Big XII, and probably some of the best (if not the best) in the nation. And I don't know which games some of you were watching, but Lane has extremely quick feet. If anything, I don't think he puts his head down enough, but he's great tearing through the holes.

Oh, and he runs a 4.6 at 278 (or more) for anyone who was wondering. The thing you have to worry about if he gains those 20 lbs is his lateral quickness. That's the biggest concern with this guy going forward.

YAYareaRB
07-29-2007, 09:14 PM
He'd be a great pulling guard but I would give him a shot at RB if I drafted him.