PDA

View Full Version : McBean signs

mikehop05
06-26-2007, 10:08 AM
http://news.steelers.com/article/77731/

good to know the guy who we picked based on that nasty P word (potential) looks like he may live up to it

Smooth Criminal
06-26-2007, 11:39 AM
I've heard only good things about him since he came to camp. He should be able to help out with defensive end depth. We rotate players alot on the line so he should get alot of time.

mikehop05
06-26-2007, 12:22 PM
I've heard only good things about him since he came to camp. He should be able to help out with defensive end depth. We rotate players alot on the line so he should get alot of time.

apparently he is more athlete than football player right now...

hopefully he is starting to learn to be a football player as well

terribletowel39
06-26-2007, 04:56 PM
about time we signed some ppl.

Hines
06-26-2007, 05:05 PM
i hope he can pan out and start possibly in two years

Smooth Criminal
06-26-2007, 06:20 PM
He has the athletic ability to be a game changing DT in a 4-3 but I think a 3-4 end might be a waste of his talent. He could be used much more effectily in a Tommie Harris type role.

terribletowel39
06-26-2007, 06:31 PM
well thats good because according to Father Innevitable and everyone else on the planet will be in a 4-3 defense before TC starts. :-D

mikehop05
06-27-2007, 08:48 AM
we are at our roster max

time for some cuts

DeathbyStat
06-27-2007, 10:33 AM
we are at our roster max

time for some cuts

Who you guys think will be cut?

brat316
06-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Some is getting cut at FB, RB, DE, LB, i think Wallace might get cut, WR

mikehop05
06-27-2007, 03:07 PM
mike barr... other than that i dont really know,

kirschke may be also

steelernation77
06-28-2007, 10:33 AM
mike barr... other than that i dont really know,

kirschke may be also

I feel bad for mike barr. We're always messing with him.

mikehop05
06-28-2007, 10:42 AM
I feel bad for mike barr. We're always messing with him.

hes like that girl you always call up when you're realllly bored and want some

then after that you dont give her a call for another couple months

steelernation77
06-28-2007, 01:40 PM
hes like that girl you always call up when you're realllly bored and want some

then after that you dont give her a call for another couple months

sad thing is, he was better than Gardocki last preseason, but doesn't stand a chance versus Sepulveda

terribletowel39
06-28-2007, 06:59 PM
thats not sad. if i read correct that means are punter will be worth more than crawfish crap. (oh sorry, yall don't know about dem der crawfish up north do ya??)

Smooth Criminal
06-28-2007, 09:08 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07179/797900-66.stm

Looks like we've had our first round of cuts. Can't say I had high hopes for any of them.

Man_Of_Steel
06-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Now just get rid of Russell and were well on our way.

brat316
06-28-2007, 09:41 PM
and that lb from temple

Hines
06-29-2007, 12:56 AM
and that lb from temple

rian wallace?

Smooth Criminal
06-29-2007, 08:50 AM
I'd actually love to keep both Russell and Wallace. Wallace got some play time last year and they talked about him like he had a future at camp last year. Russell is a guy that should definately stay around for camp cause he has a shot to beat out Haynes and be our #4 running back.

Man_Of_Steel
06-29-2007, 09:55 AM
I'd actually love to keep both Russell and Wallace. Wallace got some play time last year and they talked about him like he had a future at camp last year. Russell is a guy that should definately stay around for camp cause he has a shot to beat out Haynes and be our #4 running back.

theres bo such thing as a number 4 running back. That would mean he would be cut.

mikehop05
06-29-2007, 10:55 AM
theres bo such thing as a number 4 running back. That would mean he would be cut.

sure there is, practice squad though

john kuhn was our #4 RB, but also our #2 FB

draftguru151
06-29-2007, 11:15 AM
He has the athletic ability to be a game changing DT in a 4-3 but I think a 3-4 end might be a waste of his talent. He could be used much more effectily in a Tommie Harris type role.

His length is really gonna help him at DE in a 3-4, and his weight isn't as much of a concern there as it would have been at DT in a 4-3. I think he is in a perfect position to succeed if you guys stay in a 3-4, I think he can still be effective in a 4-3, but not as much as a 3-4.

Smooth Criminal
06-29-2007, 01:20 PM

With the Steelers there is. We have carried 4 backs many times. The year we won the superbowl we had Paker, Bettis, Staley and Haynes on the roster. Last year we had Parker, Davenport, Staley, and Haynes until Haynes got hurt and Staley cut.

I'm expecting to have Parker, Davenport, Barlow, and either Russell or Haynes on the roster to be the #4 back and the backup fullback.

mikehop05
06-29-2007, 02:17 PM
With the Steelers there is. We have carried 4 backs many times. The year we won the superbowl we had Paker, Bettis, Staley and Haynes on the roster. Last year we had Parker, Davenport, Staley, and Haynes until Haynes got hurt and Staley cut.

I'm expecting to have Parker, Davenport, Barlow, and either Russell or Haynes on the roster to be the #4 back and the backup fullback.

no kuhn????

skarocksoi
06-29-2007, 03:16 PM
I hope we keep Russell. He's got some good potential longterm and could easily be our other guy to split carries with Willie.

Man_Of_Steel
06-29-2007, 05:27 PM
I hope we keep Russell. He's got some good potential longterm and could easily be our other guy to split carries with Willie.

"and could EASILY be our other guy to split carries with Willie,"

Thats a far cry. I give this guy one season, if we even keep him this year. His talent though not great is still overated and he's sooooo stupid.

Smooth Criminal
06-30-2007, 12:59 PM
no kuhn????

Nope. I don't think Kuhn can compete with either Haynes or Russell.

Man_Of_Steel
06-30-2007, 10:55 PM
I would much rather have Kuhn than Russell.

skarocksoi
07-01-2007, 08:44 AM
Russell has 5 times the potential than Kuhn. He was a promising guy in Minnesota until he had to sit out 2006, and I think it was only because he was hurt or academically ineligible or something like that. I know he's not the smartest guy, but he's playing football, not doing brain surgery. How could you not want a guy who could possibly develop into something close to Maroney? The only reason he didn't get picked up was he was out all this past season and he showed up to the combine out of shape. He's in much better shape now and hopefully could get back to his old form.

I guarantee that if we release Russell he would get snatched up by another team in a second, where as Kuhn not so likely.

Note: Doing sme research, he ran for over 1000 yards and 18 touchdowns, averaging 6.1 yards a carry in 2005, and that was when he was splitting carries with Maroney.

Man_Of_Steel
07-01-2007, 09:50 PM
Russell has 5 times the potential than Kuhn. He was a promising guy in Minnesota until he had to sit out 2006, and I think it was only because he was hurt or academically ineligible or something like that. I know he's not the smartest guy, but he's playing football, not doing brain surgery. How could you not want a guy who could possibly develop into something close to Maroney? The only reason he didn't get picked up was he was out all this past season and he showed up to the combine out of shape. He's in much better shape now and hopefully could get back to his old form.

I guarantee that if we release Russell he would get snatched up by another team in a second, where as Kuhn not so likely.

Note: Doing sme research, he ran for over 1000 yards and 18 touchdowns, averaging 6.1 yards a carry in 2005, and that was when he was splitting carries with Maroney.

I never ever said Kuhn was better than Rusell, I simply said that I would rather have Kuhn.

Did you actually say Russell could be the next Maroney, are you serious dude, I hope you werent serious, I really hope for your sake you werent serious, for the sake of mankind I hope you were kidding. If you werent kidding around please go sit in a corner reflect, in about a month or two try this whole football thing again.

Hines
07-01-2007, 09:53 PM
I never ever said Kuhn was better than Rusell, I simply said that I would rather have Kuhn.

Did you actually say Russell could be the next Maroney, are you serious dude, I hope you werent serious, I really hope for your sake you werent serious, for the sake of mankind I hope you were kidding. If you werent kidding around please go sit in a corner reflect, in about a month or two try this whole football thing again.

he said he was splitting times with maroney

and russell at one point was potentialy a first round pick if he did not get lazy and ****

Mr. Stiller
07-01-2007, 11:43 PM
he said he was splitting times with maroney

and russell at one point was potentialy a first round pick if he did not get lazy and ****

Agreed.

Russell has speed, power, and is compact. If he was in shape and ran like he did in 2k5, in 2k6... we wouldn't be having this conversation because at worst he would've been a 2nd round pick.

On the flip side... I would always like to see every player get his chance.

Look at Willie. He got in a bad situation at first.. behind Duce/Bus/Verron.. now he's our Franchise RB. For every Willie there's probably 20 guys that never got a chance and 79 that didn't deserve a chance.

So Frankly, I'd take Russell on Production at the D-1 Level, splitting Carries, but I'd love to see Kuhn without the fumbling issue.

As for McBean.

I could really see them Utilizing him as the guy that steps in when Keisel slides to LB.

He's 6'5, 290.. Keisel is 6'5 270-280.

Too bad we couldn't move Kiesel to ROLB full time and let McBean succeed him. Keisel at 6'5 280 had 5.5 sacks as a 3-4 DE.. imagine as a full fledged pass rusher.

skarocksoi
07-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Yeah how could you honestly say Russell is crap when our starting RB was a no name backup at a small time college that no one had ever even heard of before he started? Russell went to a school that is known for putting out good running backs and was considered to be a first rounder before he became academically ineligible and had to leave.

All I can say is that two years ago when Minnesota came to PSU, we completely shut down Maroney and held him to like 15 yards or something like that, while Russell came in and did a decent job. And I gave you the stats before, and that was him splitting carries with Maroney.

If it weren't for the fact that he spent a year out of football and out of a good college, he would have probably been picked up in at least the 4th or 5th rounds.

Hines
07-02-2007, 03:13 PM
poor kid hahah

eric fowler scared him it looks like
haha

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f382/futuresteeler86/07_UrbanImpact_Fowler_kid_77162.jpg

mikehop05
07-02-2007, 06:15 PM
hahah he probably has to change his shorts after that one

Mr. Stiller
07-02-2007, 06:42 PM
If Eric Fowler was just a tad bit faster.. I would say we got 2 things..

1) The Marques Colston of the draft
2) The Hines Ward V2.0

A fearless Go, Do, die anywhere WR that never drops a ball. Word from Jim Wexall is he hasn't dropped a Pass at OTA's.. including 3 one handers for TD's... I believe he also said one would've made that Marvin Harrison catch look easy.

So.. If only he was better with Seperation..

mikehop05
07-02-2007, 09:33 PM
If Eric Fowler was just a tad bit faster.. I would say we got 2 things..

1) The Marques Colston of the draft
2) The Hines Ward V2.0

A fearless Go, Do, die anywhere WR that never drops a ball. Word from Jim Wexall is he hasn't dropped a Pass at OTA's.. including 3 one handers for TD's... I believe he also said one would've made that Marvin Harrison catch look easy.

So.. If only he was better with Seperation..

separation doesnt always come from speed, it also comes from route running and the use of your hands / body

Man_Of_Steel
07-02-2007, 10:42 PM
poor kid hahah

eric fowler scared him it looks like
haha

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f382/futuresteeler86/07_UrbanImpact_Fowler_kid_77162.jpg

I dont know, looks like my boy 7 is about to put on a little shake and bake.

Mr. Stiller
07-02-2007, 10:45 PM
separation doesnt always come from speed, it also comes from route running and the use of your hands / body

I'm aware, but sometimes those still can't overcome your lack of speed.

He doesn't get All-star seperation, but I think he'll be a monster #3 when Ced leaves.