PDA

View Full Version : NT, Grady Jackson Extended

DraftMichaelHuff
06-26-2007, 10:09 PM
According to rotoworld.com he has signed and extension through 2009, he is on the same base wage this year but there are two huge bonuses at the end of 08 and 09.

If this Dline stays healthy it will be a beast

ATLDirtyBirds
06-27-2007, 08:42 AM
According to rotoworld.com he has signed and extension through 2009, he is on the same base wage this year but there are two huge bonuses at the end of 08 and 09.

If this Dline stays healthy it will be a beast

For sure. I'm just not sure Grady has until 2009 left in him.

iloxygenil
06-27-2007, 09:30 AM
Yeah we'll get out from under the contract before we take the huge hits...great deal that he'll be playing though.

iloxygenil
06-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Oh, anyone wanna project how long before the lawsuit is dropped?

falconsrule
06-27-2007, 10:46 AM
Great deal for us.....Grady was a pro-bowl snub last year...and we would have been weak at the DT posistion without him.

DraftMichaelHuff
06-27-2007, 11:51 AM
Oh, anyone wanna project how long before the lawsuit is dropped?

speculation is that it was written into the contract or in other words it was part of the conditions of him receiving the extension

iloxygenil
06-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Haha...I don't doubt that even for a second...I think we should have just settled that lawsuit with a kind payout, and he could consider that part of his contract.

Shiver
06-27-2007, 02:27 PM
He is the key to the team's marked improvement in run defense from '05's 4.7 YPC (31st) against and last year's 3.7 YPC against (6th). He was phenomenal, it's a shame he was a pro-bowl snub.

iloxygenil
06-27-2007, 05:36 PM
I am really glad that he is going to be back on the field because as it stands right now our defensive line once Rod comes back is going to be one of the best in football. I know that's assuming a lot, because Rod has to recover to 100% (Although I think it might be Bab's time to step into the light after his play last year) Jackson in the rotation with Shrop is just nasty, then HOPING and PRAYING that Abe stays healthy, that's insane, add the ability of Anderson to the line and you're looking at a front 4 that is not going to need much additional pass rush.

It also means Houston can be more successful as a rookie and even Jimmy as a 'rookie' FS.

DraftMichaelHuff
06-27-2007, 08:51 PM
I hope that Tommy Jackson and Trey Lewis make our roster instead of Shropshire, IMO he just hasnt shown me enough.

The key for our entire team IMO rest on the shoulders of John Abraham, Chris Houston and Jimmy Williams. Im sure #7 will take alot of the flack but last year our terrible pass D lost us far far far more games than Vick did and this was all while Vick was entrenched in a playbook that was the worst imaginable fit for him. Last year it got to the point where, in order to win a game we would have to score 40+ points.

If our pass D was better last year, meaning less injuries and better players replacing those who were injured, we would of been in the playoffs.

Now this year we have a shot to have some reasonable depth...at CB, with Irons, Sanders and (maybe) Oliver...at FS, our backup at both positions will be our starter from last year and we are alot deeper at LB and DT. DE is the only problem depth wise, not so much the quanitity of depth but the quality

iloxygenil
06-27-2007, 09:47 PM
Oh no way...Shrop is the man...he can play NT really well and still has the ability to get after the passer and play the UT position, he's not going to be leaving the team anytime soon.

DraftMichaelHuff
06-28-2007, 12:36 AM
he's got killer instict, ill give him that, deffinatly has the aggression part down, i guess only time will tell if he can bring it all together