PDA

View Full Version : Team rankings announced on Rivals tommorow, whos number 1?

Axl Rose
06-27-2007, 04:42 PM
I see the team ranking looking like this tomorrow.

5-Texas
4-O$U
3-USC
2-Georgia
1-Notre Dame

reigle9
06-27-2007, 05:08 PM
Total:
1a. ND
1b. OU
1c. UGA
4a. FSU
4b. Texas
5a. USC
5b. O$U

Avg:
1a. USC
1b. O$U
3. UGA
4. FSU
5a. OU
5b. ND

sodar21
06-27-2007, 06:00 PM
1. USC
2. Georgia
3. Ohio State
4. Oklahoma
5. Notre dame

keylime_5
06-27-2007, 06:38 PM
Probably Oklahoma followed by USC, Ohio State, and Georgia. Maybe Texas and Nebraska are in the mix.

reese
06-27-2007, 06:41 PM
i thnk OU gets the top spot..i think they have the most 5 stars with 3..but i could be wrong

keylime_5
06-27-2007, 06:44 PM
OSU has the most in their Rivals 100, but yeah, I think OU gets #1. Georgia is probably #3.

elway777
06-27-2007, 10:01 PM
i thnk OU gets the top spot..i think they have the most 5 stars with 3..but i could be wrong

SC has 3 as well.

Jericho@SC
06-27-2007, 11:10 PM
At first I didn't think USC could win 1st place this year, as they don't seem to be in on as many OOS 5 stars as they usually do.

But if they're lucky enough to land Will Hill, Deion Walker and a few other studs, they just might pull it off.

Sniper
06-27-2007, 11:23 PM
I see the team ranking looking like this tomorrow.

5-Texas
4-O$U
3-USC
2-Georgia
1-Notre Dame

Shockingly a ND fan puts ND at #1. I'm stunned.

5- Texas
4- Notre Dame
3- Ohio State
2- USC
1- Oklahoma

Though I expect USC to win the recruiting title this year. I think a couple of Notre Dame's commits will decommit before NSD. I expect Ohio State to get Pryor so that should help their cause quite a bit. Don't sleep on Michigan either, we've got a decent class so far and in good shape with a ton of other recruits.

Axl Rose
06-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Shockingly a ND fan puts ND at #1. I'm stunned.

5- Texas
4- Notre Dame
3- Ohio State
2- USC
1- Oklahoma

Though I expect USC to win the recruiting title this year. I think a couple of Notre Dame's commits will decommit before NSD. I expect Ohio State to get Pryor so that should help their cause quite a bit. Don't sleep on Michigan either, we've got a decent class so far and in good shape with a ton of other recruits.

Well look at our class, we added Ethan John and Jamoris Slaughter to an already sick class today. Not only do we have quality but quantity, we got 17 commits already.

elway777
06-28-2007, 12:13 AM
Ethan Johnson?

Sniper
06-28-2007, 12:16 AM
Well look at our class, we added Ethan John and Jamoris Slaughter to an already sick class today. Not only do we have quality but quantity, we got 17 commits already.

And you actually expect all 17 to sign? Good luck with that. By the way, I'm pretty sure his name is Ethan Johnson, but that's just me. Your additions to a an atrocious secondary (your biggest need) are marginal. You have one decent corner in your class, and a decent safety. That doesn't make up for Ambrose Wooden and Co. If you want to dispute that I'm pretty sure Mario Manningham may have something to say about it. Your class is good, but it's no #1. Brandon Newman really isn't that good.. David Posluszny will get tossed around like a rag doll, he of the mighty 6'0, 205 lbs frame. Dayne Crist probably won't even see the field considering the Golden Boy needs to produce 4 national titles to come through on his promise. Relax a little. This is also in addition to the fact that no one knows if Weis can actually coach. He's beaten and eaten all the cupcakes in sight, but any time he's played a good team he's gotten smoked (exception of 05 USC, which he still lost).

Wow that spiraled out of control. I will say I do like Rudolph, Hunter and McDonald. Those 3 I think will definitely live up to the billing. Did CW forget he was graduating Samardzija and McKnight when he was recruiting? Where are the receivers?

elway777
06-28-2007, 12:21 AM
Where did you see Ethan Johnson commiting to ND? Good luck on keeping commits when ND fizzles out this year.

Sniper
06-28-2007, 12:31 AM
Where did you see Ethan Johnson commiting to ND? Good luck on keeping commits when ND fizzles out this year.

It's not on Rivals or Scout, but all the lephrecauns on IrishEnvy, BradyQuinnIsGod and CharlieWeisisTheManLOLZOMG are ******** themselves right now, so you know something's up.

Sniper
06-28-2007, 12:33 AM

You mean they won't be impressed with losses @ Penn State, @ Michigan, @ Purdue, @ UCLA, vs. BC and vs. USC (6-6) and a galleryfurniture.com Bowl loss to Nevada? Stunning.

Axl Rose
06-28-2007, 12:57 AM
Ethan Johnson?

Correct, he committed the same day as slaughter.

Sniper
06-28-2007, 01:09 AM
Correct, he committed the same day as slaughter.

He meant as in the spelling. You spelled it earlier as Ethan John

Axl Rose
06-28-2007, 01:14 AM
And you actually expect all 17 to sign? Good luck with that. By the way, I'm pretty sure his name is Ethan Johnson, but that's just me. Your additions to a an atrocious secondary (your biggest need) are marginal. You have one decent corner in your class, and a decent safety. That doesn't make up for Ambrose Wooden and Co. If you want to dispute that I'm pretty sure Mario Manningham may have something to say about it. Your class is good, but it's no #1. Brandon Newman really isn't that good.. David Posluszny will get tossed around like a rag doll, he of the mighty 6'0, 205 lbs frame. Dayne Crist probably won't even see the field considering the Golden Boy needs to produce 4 national titles to come through on his promise. Relax a little. This is also in addition to the fact that no one knows if Weis can actually coach. He's beaten and eaten all the cupcakes in sight, but any time he's played a good team he's gotten smoked (exception of 05 USC, which he still lost).

Wow that spiraled out of control. I will say I do like Rudolph, Hunter and McDonald. Those 3 I think will definitely live up to the billing. Did CW forget he was graduating Samardzija and McKnight when he was recruiting? Where are the receivers?

Actually our secondary recruiting has been going well for the past couple of years now. Darrin Walls, Rashon McNeil, Gary Gray, Harrison Smith, Robert Blanton, and Jamoris Slaughter give us lots of depth and talent back there. And I wouldn't really be talking the way USC and O$U bombed your supposedly amazing secondary.

David Poslouszny 6 foot 205? Try 6-2 214, thats the real measurements from the combine.

Brandon Newman not that good? I guess he just can't compare to those great recruits like Khoury and Mealer who you had to fend off MAC schools to get.

The real funny part is that 10 of the recruits we have also had offers and were considered locks by Michigan fans. But I guess you'll just give me the standard Michigan fan response of "we really didn't want him anyway, we have others rated higher". LOL

Axl Rose
06-28-2007, 01:16 AM

Maybe we can keep them happy by paying them under the table like USC.

Axl Rose
06-28-2007, 01:17 AM
You mean they won't be impressed with losses @ Penn State, @ Michigan, @ Purdue, @ UCLA, vs. BC and vs. USC (6-6) and a galleryfurniture.com Bowl loss to Nevada? Stunning.

WOW, Michigan has 1 respectable season after several pedestrian ones and now Michigan fans think they can talk?

Sniper
06-28-2007, 01:18 AM
Actually our secondary recruiting has been going well for the past couple of years now. Darrin Walls, Rashon McNeil, Gary Gray, Harrison Smith, Robert Blanton, and Jamoris Slaughter give us lots of depth and talent back there. And I wouldn't really be talking the way USC and O$U bombed your supposedly amazing secondary.

David Poslouszny 6 foot 205? Try 6-2 214, thats the real measurements from the combine.

Brandon Newman not that good? I guess he just can't compare to those great recruits like Khoury and Mealer who you had to fend off MAC schools to get.

The real funny part is that 10 of the recruits we have also had offers and were considered locks by Michigan fans. But I guess you'll just give me the standard Michigan fan response of "we really didn't want him anyway, we have others rated higher". LOL

Actually I'll just give you a couple numbers, such as 47-21. Rivals has your boy Posluszny listed at 6-0 206 lbs. I'm inclined to trust them more than I trust you. Mealer was offered by everyone in the Big 10, including Ohio State, and was a 4 star recruit. Khoury sucks, but you guys have like that too. You're in no position at all to be dissing anyone's secondary. Look, there goes Manningham. Classic ND. If you can't talk about what you did to Michigan, bring up other teams. It's actually humorous you bring up USC, your biggest rival, after they kicked your ass worse than they did to Michigan. 44-24 to 32-18 guy. You're in no position to be talking **** considering ND hasn't done anything recently. 47-21 bud, I think Quinn just got picked off again.

P-L
06-28-2007, 01:24 AM
WOW, Michigan has 1 respectable season after several pedestrian ones and now Michigan fans think they can talk?

Several pedestrian ones? Try one off year (2005). If you think 10-3, 10-3, and 9-3 are pedestrian (2002-2003) then I don't know what to say. Sure as hell beats 10-3, 5-7, 6-6.

Axl Rose
06-28-2007, 01:32 AM
Actually I'll just give you a couple numbers, such as 47-21. Rivals has your boy Posluszny listed at 6-0 206 lbs. I'm inclined to trust them more than I trust you. Mealer was offered by everyone in the Big 10, including Ohio State, and was a 4 star recruit. Khoury sucks, but you guys have like that too. You're in no position at all to be dissing anyone's secondary. Look, there goes Manningham. Classic ND. If you can't talk about what you did to Michigan, bring up other teams.

And you forget to mention ND beat Michigan in 05 and 04. Go check Poslouszny's scout profile buddy, you'll see his measurements from the combine. OSU didn't offer Mealer, Mealers big offers were middle of the road Big ten teams and MAC schools. Yep, there goes Manningham....with drugs in his car again, whoops did i say that? Yep I did. I big up Michigans embarrassing defense of play cause your obviously delusional in thinking Michigans D is somehow special.

Axl Rose
06-28-2007, 01:36 AM
Several pedestrian ones? Try one off year (2005). If you think 10-3, 10-3, and 9-3 are pedestrian (2002-2003) then I don't know what to say. Sure as hell beats 10-3, 5-7, 6-6.

The Davie/Tyrone era is over, but Carr constantly under performs and is a horrible coach which is evident every year. Winning 10 and 9 games in the Big q0 is no special feet, its a week conference compared to the SEC and Pac 10.

Sniper
06-28-2007, 01:37 AM

Um, bud? We had one pedestrian season.
2005: 7-5
2004: 9-3 (Won Big 10)
2003: 10-3 (Won Big 10)
2002: 10-3
2001: 8-4
2000: 9-3 (Won Big 10)
1999: 10-2
1998: 10-3 (Won Big 10 shared title)
1997: 12-0 National Title (Won Big 10 obviously)

ND:

2005: 9-3
2004: 6-6
2003: 5-7
2001: 5-6
2000: 9-3
1999: 5-7
1998: 9-3
1997: 7-6

I'm sorry were you saying something about pedestrian seasons? 5 10 win seasons and a national title to 1 10 win season, no national titles and no bowl wins? Tough call.

Sniper
06-28-2007, 01:40 AM
And you forget to mention ND beat Michigan in 05 and 04. Go check Poslouszny's scout profile buddy, you'll see his measurements from the combine. OSU didn't offer Mealer, Mealers big offers were middle of the road Big ten teams and MAC schools. Yep, there goes Manningham....with drugs in his car again, whoops did i say that? Yep I did. I big up Michigans embarrassing defense of play cause your obviously delusional in thinking Michigans D is somehow special.

That's cool that you beat us on our worst teams in a while. Congrats. Got jokes about Manningham? Sit back and watch this guy. http://youtube.com/watch?v=_D25D6TUTDA You'll see him a few times ;)

As far as our defense, uh they finished #1 in the country in run defense and did this to you. http://youtube.com/watch?v=DyxdEv_XDjs

FYI, Scout can't hold Rivals' jock. http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=43960

Axl Rose
06-28-2007, 01:54 AM
Um, bud? We had one pedestrian season.
2005: 7-5
2004: 9-3 (Won Big 10)
2003: 10-3 (Won Big 10)
2001: 8-4
2000: 9-3 (Won Big 10)
1999: 10-2
1998: 10-3 (Won Big 10 shared title)
1997: 12-0 National Title (Won Big 10 obviously)

ND:

2005: 9-3
2004: 6-6
2003: 5-7
2001: 5-6
2000: 9-3
1999: 5-7
1998: 9-3
1997: 7-6

I'm sorry were you saying something about pedestrian seasons? 5 10 win seasons and a national title to 1 10 win season, no national titles and no bowl wins? Tough call.

Like I said the big ten is a weak conference, winning it doesn't impress me. Funny thing is you say Notre Dame has been so bad in the last ten years but the Michigan/ND series since 97 is tied at 4-4. If recruiting trends are any indication of Michigan's future then Michigan better be prepared to enter its own dark period.

Axl Rose
06-28-2007, 01:59 AM
That's cool that you beat us on our worst teams in a while. Congrats. Got jokes about Manningham? Sit back and watch this guy. http://youtube.com/watch?v=_D25D6TUTDA You'll see him a few times ;)

As far as our defense, uh they finished #1 in the country in run defense and did this to you. http://youtube.com/watch?v=DyxdEv_XDjs

FYI, Scout can't hold Rivals' jock. http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=43960

Not jokes, facts. Manningham is a well known scumbag, much like those other 3 Michigan players that got kicked off the team.

Lets see how Michigans D does this year, I'm actually quite interested.

Sniper
06-28-2007, 02:09 AM
Like I said the big ten is a weak conference, winning it doesn't impress me. Funny thing is you say Notre Dame has been so bad in the last ten years but the Michigan/ND series since 97 is tied at 4-4. If recruiting trends are any indication of Michigan's future then Michigan better be prepared to enter its own dark period.

You're right. I forgot beating powerhouses like Stanford, Air Force, Navy, Army is the way to go. Sorry. So you didn't reply to Posluszny's size or the videos. Meaning I was right. Right, Manningham is a scumbag. Sure he is. Because no other players ever have ever smoked weed. Calvin Johnson smoked weed once, does that make him a bad person? Don't be pissed because Manningham went off for 4/137/3 on you guys. So is ND ever planning on winning a bowl game? I'm just curious, because it doesn't seem that way. 47-21 guy, don't forget it. Watch those videos if you need a refresher. You can see Brady "Pre-Season Heisman" Quinn in all his glory

Sniper
06-28-2007, 07:10 AM
Not jokes, facts. Manningham is a well known scumbag, much like those other 3 Michigan players that got kicked off the team.

Don't be too worried about our D. Terrance Taylor, Shawn Crable and Donovan Warren is all we need baby.

Michigan
06-28-2007, 07:40 AM
Michigan taught Notre Dame how to play football.

http://static.flickr.com/81/246459349_84a0e787db_m.jpg

elway777
06-28-2007, 08:00 AM
Paying them under the table? Jealousy is a ***** aint it? Watch out ND recruits when you decommit. Charlie Whale will question your integrity.

CC
06-28-2007, 09:52 AM

It should be a treat to watch mighty Notre Dame this year. Good luck against Navy, you'll need it.

504 to ATL
06-28-2007, 01:39 PM
so what does everyone think about UCLA being number 1?

Also how does a team win their conference with 3 losses?

Acreboy
06-28-2007, 01:43 PM

Also how does a team win their conference with 3 losses?Bad conference?

reese
06-28-2007, 01:50 PM

Also how does a team win their conference with 3 losses?

its early...no way they finish at the top probley not even top 5

Sniper
06-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Paying them under the table? Jealousy is a ***** aint it? Watch out ND recruits when you decommit. Charlie Whale will question your integrity.

Or eat you. I must say I'm impressed with UCLA, but since word has it that a few of their soft verbals may decommit, I don't know if it will last. Obviously USC has another great class lined up as they have the only * average of over 4. Once they rake in more recruits they will probably end up at #1. Looks like as of right now on that page they only have ND with 16 recruits, dunno why that is since on their team page both Slaughter and Johnson are listed, but whatever. I like Michigan's class so far, possibly picking up McGuffie, Stonum and maybe Hale would be nice additions though.

DoWnThEfiElD
06-28-2007, 08:52 PM

WOW talk about the dumbest comment ever. I can give you no justification for making that comment, especially because you are a ND fan. For a schedual that has 5-7 lock wins a year you guys stink. I love how just because ND is getting solid recruits they automatically think that they are going to be a powerhouse every year. There is more to football than recruiting star rankings.

DoWnThEfiElD
06-28-2007, 09:00 PM

umm if Manningham is a well known scumbag what does this make Brady Quinn??

http://bp0.blogger.com/_KxKAU43SzxE/Rjoa4pAe1dI/AAAAAAAAAN8/Ly_E1J51rvQ/s400/bradyquinn2.jpg

BufFan71
06-28-2007, 09:30 PM
uhhh... g.ay?

Acreboy
06-28-2007, 09:34 PM
The guy in the middle looks like he's concentrating or something, lol.

JayP
06-29-2007, 05:13 PM
umm if Manningham is a well known scumbag what does this make Brady Quinn??

http://bp0.blogger.com/_KxKAU43SzxE/Rjoa4pAe1dI/AAAAAAAAAN8/Ly_E1J51rvQ/s400/bradyquinn2.jpg

Better question.....why did you know exactly where to find a picture like that? And why would you search for it in the first place?

CC
06-29-2007, 05:57 PM
Better question.....why did you know exactly where to find a picture like that? And why would you search for it in the first place?

Is that a better question? How have you not seen this if you are an ND fan, it is all over the Internet.

Sniper
06-29-2007, 08:30 PM

Yeah this pic has been posted all over the internet including on this site. Not that hard to find it.

JayP
06-30-2007, 02:18 PM
Is that a better question? How have you not seen this if you are an ND fan, it is all over the Internet.

Could it be that I don't go searching out pictures of guys grabbing each other's crotches, or whatever the hell they called themselves doing?

Just doesn't float my boat. But if you like it, more power to you. I have no leanings that makes me see a site that has a picture of a prominent college football player grabbing some guy's crotch and think "Hey, I gotta look! Better yet, I need to post this to my own site!"

CC
06-30-2007, 10:35 PM
Could it be that I don't go searching out pictures of guys grabbing each other's crotches, or whatever the hell they called themselves doing?

Just doesn't float my boat. But if you like it, more power to you. I have no leanings that makes me see a site that has a picture of a prominent college football player grabbing some guy's crotch and think "Hey, I gotta look! Better yet, I need to post this to my own site!"

It's not something you have to search for, it has been posted on college football boards all over the Internet. You didn't go looking for this picture, but you have now seen it. It's the same situation for damn near everyone who has seen it.

But if you want to get off on pretending other people are homosexual because they have seen this picture before, have at it champ.

Gchu83
07-01-2007, 10:14 AM
Anyone actually care to see the rankings?

1. UCLA
2. Texas
3. Notre Dame
4. Oklahoma
5. Georgia
6. Florida St.
7. USC
8. Ohio State
9. Texas A&M
10. Nebraska

These rankings are crap IMO as they are completely based on the points system, more of quantity than quality.

mqtirishfan
07-01-2007, 03:15 PM

I have no idea where you're going with the statement about the 17 all signing. The rankings are for this moment. Unless Rivals has a crystal ball, I don't see them giving out the final team rankings. Also, you can't discount prospects that you either don't think will play or be that good. If you're only going to accept Rivals and not Scout, you should probably accept how Rivals ranks the players. A 4-star prospect is supposed to make an impact on the field, but I'm sure you know what you're talking about when you say Brandon Newman and Posluszny won't do anything at the college level.

Also, the secondary at ND has been terrible, I'll give you that. However, you can't discount the fact that ND has a new defensive coordinator and a good number of 4 star CB/S recruits. Before you write off the ND defensive backfield, at least let the players from these last couple classes take the field. Same thing with Weis. He was using Willingham's players in his system. He hasn't beat a top team yet, that's true. He came damn close a couple years ago against USC, but that's it in big games. But, with his players coming in, you never know what's going to happen. I'm not willing to call Weis a genius or the recruits great yet, but I'm certainly not willing to call them bums yet, either.

CC
07-01-2007, 05:37 PM
I'm fairly sure the comment about all 17 signing was referencing the predictions I have read in a few places that Notre Dame is going to lose some of their commits when they lose 4-7 games this year.

mqtirishfan
07-01-2007, 07:16 PM
I'm fairly sure the comment about all 17 signing was referencing the predictions I have read in a few places that Notre Dame is going to lose some of their commits when they lose 4-7 games this year.

No, I get that part perfectly. What I don't get is what it has to do with ND fans claiming that at this moment we appear to have a top recruiting class. At this moment, ND has arguably the best group of commits.

Sniper
07-01-2007, 08:25 PM
I have no idea where you're going with the statement about the 17 all signing. The rankings are for this moment. Unless Rivals has a crystal ball, I don't see them giving out the final team rankings. Also, you can't discount prospects that you either don't think will play or be that good. If you're only going to accept Rivals and not Scout, you should probably accept how Rivals ranks the players. A 4-star prospect is supposed to make an impact on the field, but I'm sure you know what you're talking about when you say Brandon Newman and Posluszny won't do anything at the college level.

Also, the secondary at ND has been terrible, I'll give you that. However, you can't discount the fact that ND has a new defensive coordinator and a good number of 4 star CB/S recruits. Before you write off the ND defensive backfield, at least let the players from these last couple classes take the field. Same thing with Weis. He was using Willingham's players in his system. He hasn't beat a top team yet, that's true. He came damn close a couple years ago against USC, but that's it in big games. But, with his players coming in, you never know what's going to happen. I'm not willing to call Weis a genius or the recruits great yet, but I'm certainly not willing to call them bums yet, either.

Um bud? Newman and Posluszny are 3 stars. Check your facts. Posluszny is only getting hype because of his brother and I prefer Omar Hunter AND Hafis Williams to Newman anyway.

I love the fact that ND fans make Weis out to be a God, yet rush to his defense and say "it's all Willingham's fault". Yeah, I'll admit it, it's a part of it. But come on, if this guy is such a "great" coach as all the Domers make him out to be, he should be able to not give up an average of 44 points to the three good teams on his schedule don't you think? And for his reputation as an offensive "guru", the 21, 24, and 17 points vs. the 3 best defenses they played is a tad weak wouldn't you say?

mqtirishfan
07-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Um bud? Newman and Posluszny are 3 stars. Check your facts. Posluszny is only getting hype because of his brother and I prefer Omar Hunter AND Hafis Williams to Newman anyway.

I love the fact that ND fans make Weis out to be a God, yet rush to his defense and say "it's all Willingham's fault". Yeah, I'll admit it, it's a part of it. But come on, if this guy is such a "great" coach as all the Domers make him out to be, he should be able to not give up an average of 44 points to the three good teams on his schedule don't you think? And for his reputation as an offensive "guru", the 21, 24, and 17 points vs. the 3 best defenses they played is a tad weak wouldn't you say?

Please, go back to my post and tell me where I say Weis is great or a guru. I do believe I said something about how I'm not ready to put him that high yet.

Sniper
07-01-2007, 09:19 PM
Please, go back to my post and tell me where I say Weis is great or a guru. I do believe I said something about how I'm not ready to put him that high yet.

Not you. You seem to have a logical thinking process, which is more than I can say for a lot of ND fans. Would you not say a good majority of ND fans have proclaimed Weis to be a guru and a great coach? Doesn't he have a similar record to Willingham after their respective first 2 seasons?

mqtirishfan
07-02-2007, 01:17 AM
Not you. You seem to have a logical thinking process, which is more than I can say for a lot of ND fans. Would you not say a good majority of ND fans have proclaimed Weis to be a guru and a great coach? Doesn't he have a similar record to Willingham after their respective first 2 seasons?

He surely does. But to be perfectly honest, I'm optimistic about the direction ND football is headed in (Although, it should be known I also thought highly of Willingham at this point). Say what you will about ND the last couple years, they have been recruiting very well since Weis took over. Who knows if that will keep up if ND loses say, 5 games this year. The draw of Weis' prestige having won however many super bowls is enticing to young athletes, not to mention the history of ND football. I'd wager that after the year is over, ND ends up with a top-10 recruiting class.

Can we at least agree that hype aside, ND has put together two not great, but good seasons under Weis?

Sniper
07-02-2007, 01:29 AM
He surely does. But to be perfectly honest, I'm optimistic about the direction ND football is headed in (Although, it should be known I also thought highly of Willingham at this point). Say what you will about ND the last couple years, they have been recruiting very well since Weis took over. Who knows if that will keep up if ND loses say, 5 games this year. The draw of Weis' prestige having won however many super bowls is enticing to young athletes, not to mention the history of ND football. I'd wager that after the year is over, ND ends up with a top-10 recruiting class.

Can we at least agree that hype aside, ND has put together two not great, but good seasons under Weis?

Yes, I'll say they've been good. BCS good? Nope. Have they beat all the teams they're supposed to? You betcha. Have they beat anyone good? Nope. Don't start with the 05 Michigan team that was ranked #3 in the country because that was just a bad team. Other than that, name me the best teams ND has beat. UCLA? Ok, they beat USC but other than that what did they do? Stanford? Army? Navy?

5* and 4* recruits may look good on paper and there's no denying Notre Dame has some serious HS talent coming in, but it's all about what you can do with that talent. For example, Mike Hart was a 3* and Kevin Grady was a 5* out of HS. Which one has an outside shot at the Heisman this year? Mike D'Andrea was a 5* LB for Ohio State and some kid named A.J Hawk was a 3*. Which one won a truckload of awards in college and was the #5 pick in the Draft? It's all about the coaching, and Charlie Weis has not proven anything by beating the likes of Navy, Army and Stanford all while getting obliterated by teams like OSU, Michigan, USC, LSU. Especially since the first two teams are considered slower teams by many observers and they have made minced meat of those teams.

mqtirishfan
07-02-2007, 01:39 AM
Yes, I'll say they've been good. BCS good? Nope. Have they beat all the teams they're supposed to? You betcha. Have they beat anyone good? Nope. Don't start with the 05 Michigan team that was ranked #3 in the country because that was just a bad team. Other than that, name me the best teams ND has beat. UCLA? Ok, they beat USC but other than that what did they do? Stanford? Army? Navy?

5* and 4* recruits may look good on paper and there's no denying Notre Dame has some serious HS talent coming in, but it's all about what you can do with that talent. For example, Mike Hart was a 3* and Kevin Grady was a 5* out of HS. Which one has an outside shot at the Heisman this year? Mike D'Andrea was a 5* LB for Ohio State and some kid named A.J Hawk was a 3*. Which one won a truckload of awards in college and was the #5 pick in the Draft? It's all about the coaching, and Charlie Weis has not proven anything by beating the likes of Navy, Army and Stanford all while getting obliterated by teams like OSU, Michigan, USC, LSU. Especially since the first two teams are considered slower teams by many observers and they have made minced meat of those teams.

We're really not seeing things any differently about the last two seasons. I agree that ND has yet to beat a real team. I also agree they had no business being in a BCS bowl game the last two years aside from the stipulation that gets them in (which is the rules, so they were rightfully in the games, but that rule needs to be changed). I also agree that it's how you perform on the field, but loading up with talented high schoolers is the only real way to build a winning program. You have to play the odds. For every AJ Hawk, there are just as many 3 star players who play to the level expected of them. For every 5 star bust, there's a quality college player. Obviously you have to assume that the 5 star has a better chance than the 3 star player at becoming a star. Scouts don't get paychecks for nothing. If you're lucky enough to find a 5 star guy who fits your system and he pans out, you have a superstar. If he doesn't pan out, it sucks, but you tried. You can't get better by aiming for mediocre players. Shoot for the best talent and if you get burned, just try again the next year, assuming you have your job.

Sniper
07-02-2007, 01:48 AM
We're really not seeing things any differently about the last two seasons. I agree that ND has yet to beat a real team. I also agree they had no business being in a BCS bowl game the last two years aside from the stipulation that gets them in (which is the rules, so they were rightfully in the games, but that rule needs to be changed). I also agree that it's how you perform on the field, but loading up with talented high schoolers is the only real way to build a winning program. You have to play the odds. For every AJ Hawk, there are just as many 3 star players who play to the level expected of them. For every 5 star bust, there's a quality college player. Obviously you have to assume that the 5 star has a better chance than the 3 star player at becoming a star. Scouts don't get paychecks for nothing. If you're lucky enough to find a 5 star guy who fits your system and he pans out, you have a superstar. If he doesn't pan out, it sucks, but you tried. You can't get better by aiming for mediocre players. Shoot for the best talent and if you get burned, just try again the next year, assuming you have your job.

True story on that post. And I agree that the BCS rule is completely stupid. Just because they won national titles in 1920 shouldn't mean they don't have to earn their BCS game just like Boise State or Michigan or USC. But I'm just saying, there's no guarantee Kyle Rudolph becomes a star, just like there's no guarantee Boubacar Cissoko becomes one. (Except he will;) And I like Rudolph, it's just he's the highest rated ND commit right now so that's why I used him.

VY10
07-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Ahhh Oklahoma.... They always get the best Texans money can buy.....