PDA

View Full Version : Realistic WR's that you would be willing to trade for

amag
06-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Look at our wrs

Joey - hes the man but hes gettin old
MC - injuries, ok, but no injuries to his hands, why the drops, make or break season for him imo
Stovall - Could take the number 2 spot, but unproven
Ike - Very good slot reciever, nothing more

i dont even know the names of our other ones, we need a number 2, obviously, who would u trade for? dont say someone like t.o. cuz that would never happen, realistic trades, ill start:

in no order

Mike Furrey - very good pos. reciever to compliment joey, 98 catches last year, now that they drafted calvin, he moves to slot

Bryant Johnson - when larry went down last season he stepped up, former first rounder overshadowed by anquan, i could see him starting on another team

Patrick Crayton - catches everything thrown to him, didnt drop a pass all of last year, could start for any other team

i think any of those guys would upgrade us, alot, discuss

tylerb929
06-27-2007, 07:00 PM
I doubt it....

Mike Furrey - Resigned with the Lions last year.

Bryant Johnson - Maybe, but he's played good and I doubt they give up on a 1st round draft pick so quickly unless Breaston comes in a proves he can play.

Patrick Crayton - Dallas' WR of the future, Glenn and Owens are both around 33 years old. Crayton isn't going anywhere.

Realisticly they had there shot at getting several WRs: Kevin Curtis, Donte Stallworth, Drew Bennett, Randy Moss, Joey Porter, Keyshawn Johnson, McCardell, Horn....... lots of WR were moved around, just all older ones. Who wants to get rid of a WR who is young and shown potential? If they get anyone worth starting they'll have to give up something for them. There more likely to get a veteran they think can still produce, or take a flyer on a no name and try to develope him.

Anyhow, we're playing the guessing game so..... Bernard Berrian has 1 year left on his contract, the Bears aren't paying anyone, Mark Bradley and Muhammad are both starting quality, so he's my guess.

amag
06-27-2007, 08:51 PM
I doubt it....

Mike Furrey - Resigned with the Lions last year.

Bryant Johnson - Maybe, but he's played good and I doubt they give up on a 1st round draft pick so quickly unless Breaston comes in a proves he can play.

Patrick Crayton - Dallas' WR of the future, Glenn and Owens are both around 33 years old. Crayton isn't going anywhere.

Realisticly they had there shot at getting several WRs: Kevin Curtis, Donte Stallworth, Drew Bennett, Randy Moss, Joey Porter, Keyshawn Johnson, McCardell, Horn....... lots of WR were moved around, just all older ones. Who wants to get rid of a WR who is young and shown potential? If they get anyone worth starting they'll have to give up something for them. There more likely to get a veteran they think can still produce, or take a flyer on a no name and try to develope him.

Anyhow, we're playing the guessing game so..... Bernard Berrian has 1 year left on his contract, the Bears aren't paying anyone, Mark Bradley and Muhammad are both starting quality, so he's my guess.

i would of loved for the bucs to have grabbed kevin curtis, even drew as they are still relatively young, drews just turning 29 i believe and curtis 28, wrs start to decline around 34, but hey either one of those signings would have made a little too much sense right? i was even hoping for wes welker, i think he can develop into starting material in a couple of years, in the mean time he could have been a very very very good slot guy here and he has an awesome return game to boot, bernard is another guy i was looking at but I dont think the bears can really afford to loose him, hes starting to come into his own, moose is old and bradley hasnt, despite tons of potential hasnt really proved anything yet, so yeah, hopefully mc can turn it around this season, doubt it tho, i like stovall alot, reminds me of guys like jj, keyshawn and even dwayne jarret

tylerb929
06-27-2007, 09:33 PM
Realisticly, I expect Stovall or Clayton to be able to play the No.2 efficiently and be the possession reciever, the Bucs just need to find a small quick guy to replace Galloway. Alex Smith should continue to develope into great tight end, and maybe, just maybe somebody can whip Jerramy Stevens into living up to all his potential. I expect David Boston to step up and play this year as well, I've been hearing good things about him.

tylerb929
06-28-2007, 05:52 AM
i would of loved for the bucs to have grabbed kevin curtis, even drew as they are still relatively young..... i was even hoping for wes welker.

Drew probably didn't make as much sense because Stovall and Clayton are both big bodied, physical recievers and the Bucs didn't need to go out and get another. Wes Welker was never really on the market, he was tagged and therefore required a 2nd round pick by the Pats, I would rather have seen the Bucs use a 2nd on a WR than get Welker, drafting someone like Jason Hill or maybe even a Yamon Figurs or John Lee Higgins to develope behind Galloway. Curtis could have made sense, but the Eagles just paid him too much money, I'm not sure if he'll be able to play the #1 role like the Eagles expect.

Caddy
06-28-2007, 06:19 AM
Look at our wrs

Joey - hes the man but hes gettin old
MC - injuries, ok, but no injuries to his hands, why the drops, make or break season for him imo
Stovall - Could take the number 2 spot, but unproven
Ike - Very good slot reciever, nothing more

i dont even know the names of our other ones, we need a number 2, obviously, who would u trade for? dont say someone like t.o. cuz that would never happen, realistic trades, ill start:

in no order

Mike Furrey - very good pos. reciever to compliment joey, 98 catches last year, now that they drafted calvin, he moves to slot

Bryant Johnson - when larry went down last season he stepped up, former first rounder overshadowed by anquan, i could see him starting on another team

Patrick Crayton - catches everything thrown to him, didnt drop a pass all of last year, could start for any other team

i think any of those guys would upgrade us, alot, discuss

Enough hyperbole thanks.

Caddy
06-28-2007, 06:20 AM
Drew probably didn't make as much sense because Stovall and Clayton are both big bodied, physical recievers and the Bucs didn't need to go out and get another. Wes Welker was never really on the market, he was tagged and therefore required a 2nd round pick by the Pats, I would rather have seen the Bucs use a 2nd on a WR than get Welker, drafting someone like Jason Hill or maybe even a Yamon Figurs or John Lee Higgins to develope behind Galloway. Curtis could have made sense, but the Eagles just paid him too much money, I'm not sure if he'll be able to play the #1 role like the Eagles expect.

Curtis is not expected to be number 1, Brown has that spot already.

tylerb929
06-28-2007, 09:35 AM
Curtis is not expected to be number 1, Brown has that spot already.

They sure paid him like he was going to be their No.1.

And not that Yahoo is a credible source (the Eagles' website's depth-chart doesn't show depth during offseason, just roster) but they think he'll be the No.1. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/phi/depthchart;_ylt=AlnxfqRHSkrIxZzBvQZPtHWS2bYF

etk
06-28-2007, 10:29 AM
I would've liked Aundrae Allison...

simms2clayton
06-28-2007, 12:36 PM
Gruden loves David Boston, lets hope he gets NFL's Comeback PotY.

amag
06-28-2007, 02:48 PM

indeed clayton and stovall are both big recievers, drew is faster then both, has better hands then clayton, and is very good at getting the jump ball, and he scores touchdowns, something clayton lacks, i would rather have wes then any rookie reciever not named calvin johnson

amag
06-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Enough hyperbole thanks.

suck it *****

Caddy
06-28-2007, 04:45 PM
suck it *****

lol. good old newbies.

amag
06-28-2007, 07:34 PM
i dont care, i start a thread, he comes in contributes to none of it, and acts like an ass, he could have explained why he thought crayton couldnt start for other teams, instead of being like every other typical forum nerd who thinks hes cool by posting big words and short sentences, whatever

"lyke rofl like omg! old noobs! like lol rofl!"

get a life loser.

etk
06-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Very mature, amag. Please refrain from further polluting our wonderful team forum.

etk
06-28-2007, 11:36 PM
Patrick Crayton is not better than Marvin or Reggie Wayne, that wasn't hard either.

Caddy
06-29-2007, 02:45 AM
Patrick Crayton is not better than Marvin or Reggie Wayne, that wasn't hard either.

Throw in Larry and Anquan too.

Aftermath
06-29-2007, 03:28 AM
Throw in Larry and Anquan too.

Ocho and Howshamazilly and Henry too

tylerb929
06-29-2007, 08:10 AM
How much longer do you guys think Joey Galloway will play? He's what, 35 years old right now? If he leaves anytime soon, or gets injured, man, the depth sucks. If the Bucs are forced to start Clayton and Stovall with Garcia as quarterback, nobody would respect the deep ball. I guess there is Hilliard, but he's no deep threat either. Boston would become the fastest available WR, and I'd like to see him play, but not in a starting role unless he regains his old form.

Caddy
06-29-2007, 08:13 AM
How much longer do you guys think Joey Galloway will play? He's what, 35 years old right now? If he leaves anytime soon, or gets injured, man, the depth sucks. If the Bucs are forced to start Clayton and Stovall with Garcia as quarterback, nobody would respect the deep ball. I guess there is Hilliard, but he's no deep threat either. Boston would become the fastest available WR, and I'd like to see him play, but not in a starting role unless he regains his old form.

I think Galloway has 2 more years in him but I can't see him playing any longer than that. I think you will probably see the Bucs invest in a Day 1 vertical style receiver in next years draft or try and grab a replacement in FA.

Canadian_kid16
07-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Mario Manningham anyone??

Caddy
07-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Mario Manningham anyone??

He is a distinct possibility, or Desean Jackson. Oh, change your sig.

etk
07-01-2007, 11:11 PM
Manningham's far from my favourite (take that spellchecker, I'm Canadian!)

Caddy
07-02-2007, 04:29 AM
Manningham's far from my favourite (take that spellchecker, I'm Canadian!)

I too spell favourite, favourite as well as many others including colour, not color.

*High Five*

Canadian_kid16
07-02-2007, 01:12 PM
I too spell favourite, favourite as well as many others including colour, not color.

*High Five*

*High Fives*

we should overrun the board...

Caddy
07-02-2007, 05:29 PM
even if i respected canada, that'd still be a humorously ridiculous suggestion.

Australia is where its at.

etk
07-02-2007, 06:34 PM

*High Five*

***w00t***

*High Fives*

we should overrun the board...
Who says I'm not planning already. My research tells me that the board will be most vulnerable in the summer '09. That's when I plan to attack.

even if i respected canada, that'd still be a humorously ridiculous suggestion.

Go back to drooling over Jay Cutler and pwning n00bz, that's your strong suit.
Commenting on Canadians is your weaker suit.

HoopsDemon12
07-02-2007, 06:38 PM
haah im canadian and still its favorite and color for me...

etk
07-02-2007, 06:39 PM
haah im canadian and still its favorite and color for me...

Oh, so you're a traitor, eh?

etk
07-02-2007, 06:49 PM
you have no idea what you're talking about. you must be from quebec.

Look at my location. Don't flatter yourself either, I know you pronounce it Queeeebek.

etk
07-02-2007, 06:55 PM
that doesn't make any sense, as that word wouldn't be pronounced with a long e in any language i'm aware of. and your location's a clear lie. your attitude screams french-canadian.

Hmm, you caught me, but I know you speak American, so don't lie about your accent. My grandfather actually calls Québec, Queebeck, don't worry about it too much. No one will care.

Canadian_kid16
07-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Its not Quebec anymore...its FRENCHCANADA!

Beans
07-03-2007, 01:50 PM
So... how bout them wide recievers.

etk
07-03-2007, 09:11 PM
So... how bout them wide recievers.

Yeah, Kevin Challenger on BC. He's a stud prospect and he's French-Canadian.

Canadian_kid16
07-03-2007, 10:26 PM

stud and French Canadian are oxymorons...

moron :P

Wootylicous
07-03-2007, 11:23 PM

Challenger is a freakin beast :)

Fresh
07-04-2007, 10:50 AM
I rather just wait for Bernard Berrian to become a UFA after this year, that way we can pounce on a speedstar.

Caddy
07-04-2007, 08:51 PM
I rather just wait for Bernard Berrian to become a UFA after this year, that way we can pounce on a speedstar.

Seeing as the Bears are relatively weak at receiver, I can't see them letting him get to free agency to tell you the truth. Whilst they won't franchise him, I think they will offer him a good enough contract to hang around.

etk
07-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Chas Gessner? I'm slightly disappointed in your new sig...

Caddy
07-04-2007, 11:42 PM
Chas Gessner? I'm slightly disappointed in your new sig...

Yeah, he is a favourite of mine. A huge underdog and extreme longshot to make the roster, but if he can shine in pre-season who knows.

Fresh
07-06-2007, 12:16 PM
For next years draft we need to go defense again like this year. The Bucs are just born to draft D,thats what we do best. Glenn Dorsey in r1, Douglass WR in r2, LDE in r3,or Jackson r1,Fluellen r2,LDE rd3. Dorsey and Adams would be a sick way to start the new era out.

etk
07-06-2007, 04:13 PM
The Bucs are just born to draft D,thats what we do best.

Great argument there, almost as good as saying "I know we'll draft defense".