PDA

View Full Version : Ravens analyst that made me and I'm sure ERU smile :D

BigDawg819
06-27-2007, 05:40 PM
"What to look for in 2007

McNair isn't a top-20 fantasy quarterback option anymore, and truthfully he might not even be top 25. The fact that he emerged unscathed from 2006 is a minor miracle, one I don't expect to see repeated in '07. He's injury prone to a max degree, and even when he's playing, he's usually limping around. McNair is also exceedingly gun shy when it comes to taking chances. Sure, he'll throw it deep when his guy looks wide open, but he dumps off a ton of passes (see also: AFC Divisional Round loss to Indy), as his meager 6.5 yards per attempt illustrates. Granted, Heap is a nice, big, safe weapon, and Mason is a possession guy McNair trusts. But Clayton is ready to be a big-time player, and McNair doesn't always seem willing to use him deep.

At running back, exit Lewis, enter McGahee. By almost any measure, McGahee represents at least a mild upgrade. He's two years younger, has less tread on his tires (he's entering his fourth full season; Lewis' first was 2000), doesn't have Lewis' past legal troubles, and would appear to have more explosiveness left in his legs. Yet McGahee wasn't all that much better in Buffalo last year than Lewis was in Baltimore: He rushed for 990 yards in 14 games, logged 3.8 yards per carry, and scored just six times. Granted, the Bills' offensive line was worse than the Ravens', but still, those aren't numbers that back up McGahee's infamous claim that he's the best running back in football (this just in: he isn't). As I mentioned earlier, Baltimore's running game struggles were probably more Lewis than Ogden and Co., but I'm not positive McGahee cures all ills. He's a top-20 fantasy back, but barely.

At receiver, anyone who's still got Mason ahead of Clayton on their fantasy cheat sheet still thinks the Macarena is a real hoot. Mason is the possession receiver on this team; he's got spectacular hands and runs good routes, but at age 33 his speed is diminished and he's no longer the playmaker you remember from his days with McNair in Tennessee. He might be the lead receiver on this team in name, but he's not big enough to be a real red-zone threat, and he won't stretch the field. He's a top-50 wideout, but his days as a fantasy starter are gone. The guy to know here is Clayton. Entering his third year as an NFL wide receiver, the University of Oklahoma product showed flashes of brilliance in '06, with five catches of 40 yards or more, which is pretty good for the close-to-the-vest Ravens. On a different team, with a better quarterback, Clayton would be a fantasy star. As it is, he's still going to post 1,000 yards receiving, but because Baltimore isn't going to air it out much, it's hard to imagine him scoring more than five or six touchdowns. Heap is the primary red-zone aerial target (Clayton was targeted 13 times in the red zone last year, and caught just one TD on those throws), and bigger guys like Williams and Wilcox (and maybe Moore and Devard Darling) are apt to be on the receiving end of short touchdown passes. In fantasy leagues that add points for longer scores, though, Clayton bumps up to a top-20 receiver.

Then there's Heap. He's shaken the injury-prone label, having turned in consecutive seasons of 75 and 73 receptions, is good for around 800 receiving yards each season, and will score six or seven times. That puts him in the elite class of tight ends, as does the fact that the Ravens just love to throw to his position; in '06, tight ends accounted for just under 30 percent of the team's total receptions. McNair hasn't become any less of a dump-off artist in the offseason, which means Heap is a top-five option.

Finally, there's the defense, which is always one of the most-hyped in the NFL. This unit recovered nicely from an injury-plagued '05 to limit its 2006 opponents to 10 points or fewer seven times, and never gave up more than 26 points. The Ravens collected 60 sacks, second-best in the league, and picked off a whopping 28 passes, tops in the NFL (including five for touchdowns). Newly acquired Trevor Pryce had 13 sacks and was great, and rookie Haloti Ngata plugged the middle admirably. The departure of Adalius Thomas to New England hurts, but there are still great stars here: Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs and Bart Scott, to name a few. If guys like Lewis and Reed stay healthy, this easily is a top-five fantasy defense once again."

Paraphrased from here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/2007draftkit/story?id=2918717

Troj2man
06-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Did the talk of Clayton, Mason, McGahee, Heap and the defense make you smile? Or was it the fact that this writer doesn't think Mcnair is a top 20 fantasy QB? Not that I don't agree with the writer, but he's talking about the fantasy impact which has absolutely nothing to do with the games being played.

BigDawg819
06-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Did the talk of Clayton, Mason, McGahee, Heap and the defense make you smile? Or was it the fact that this writer doesn't think Mcnair is a top 20 fantasy QB? Not that I don't agree with the writer, but he's talking about the fantasy impact which has absolutely nothing to do with the games being played.

Fantasy impact does have to do with the games being played, where do you think the fantasy numbers are taken from? Of course the talk of the old man McNair made me smile just as the talk of McGahee not being as good as people think he is.

Troj2man
06-27-2007, 06:05 PM
Fantasy impact does have to do with the games being played, where do you think the fantasy numbers are taken from? Of course the talk of the old man McNair made me smile just as the talk of McGahee not being as good as people think he is.

I'm talking about the game on the field. Wether or not a QB is rated in the top 20 fantasy QB's has nothing to do with what a team does on the field. I agree with you about McGahee not being as good as some think he is.

BigDawg819
06-27-2007, 06:09 PM
I'm talking about the game on the field. Wether or not a QB is rated in the top 20 fantasy QB's has nothing to do with what a team does on the field. I agree with you about McGahee not being as good as some think he is.

Read the first paragraph about McNair, you know the part about being injury prone, even when he's playing he seems to be limping, the part about him being gun shy, not using the deep ball, all those things will hurt his numbers in fantasy and the team in the win column. Thats why fantasy numbers are relevant to on the field production and wins.

Troj2man
06-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Read the first paragraph about McNair, you know the part about being injury prone, even when he's playing he seems to be limping, the part about him being gun shy, not using the deep ball, all those things will hurt his numbers in fantasy and the team in the win column. Thats why fantasy numbers are relevant to on the field production and wins.

You mean how having Mcnair hurt us in the win column last year? You know the best record this franchise has ever had. Fantasy rankings and scores have no bearing on what a team does on the field. I'll take a QB that is not a top 20 fantasy QB and the best record in franchise history any day of the week.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-27-2007, 07:41 PM
Haha this guy is right on the money, McNair is injury prone and sucks and can't throw down the field, McGahee is barely an upgrade if at all, and Clayton is the man, however he neglected to mention that D Will is the second best WR on the team.

Ravens1991
06-27-2007, 08:09 PM
The McNair fans are not claiming he can run a vertical offense like Bollers arm can, we just dont wanna bench the QB that brought us to our best record we have ever had.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-27-2007, 08:26 PM
The McNair fans are not claiming he can run a vertical offense like Bollers arm can, we just dont wanna bench the QB that brought us to our best record we have ever had.

While having statiscally the best defense in the NFL and maybe in our history statistically speaking, so I dont give McNair credit for that.

BigDawg819
06-27-2007, 08:32 PM
While having statistically the best defense in the NFL and maybe in our history statistically speaking, so I don't give McNair credit for that.

Once again brother you are right on the money!

Troj2man
06-27-2007, 08:51 PM
While having statiscally the best defense in the NFL and maybe in our history statistically speaking, so I dont give McNair credit for that.

Just wondering, would you still give the defense all the credit if Boller was at QB? Mcnair had a part in all those wins we had. He may not have thrown for 400 yards and 5 td's every game, but he did have a big part in all those wins.

And who says that Boller can evern run a vertical offense? The guy has a cannon for an arm, but his accuracy leaves a lot to be desired. The vertical passing game doesn't work if your QB can't throw an accurate ball.

Ravens1991
06-27-2007, 08:55 PM
Boller had that D also. He also had Mason Heap and Clayton in the passing game his final year and before that a decent Jamal Lewis. McNair in his 1st year in this system brought us to the best record we ever had and put up better stats then Boller.

Ravens1991
06-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Just wondering, would you still give the defense all the credit if Boller was at QB? Mcnair had a part in all those wins we had. He may not have thrown for 400 yards and 5 td's every game, but he did have a big part in all those wins.

And who says that Boller can evern run a vertical offense? The guy has a cannon for an arm, but his accuracy leaves a lot to be desired. The vertical passing game doesn't work if your QB can't throw an accurate ball.

I mean vertical offenses would love Bollers arm strength

BigDawg819
06-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Boller had that D also. He also had Mason Heap and Clayton in the passing game his final year and before that a decent Jamal Lewis. McNair in his 1st year in this system brought us to the best record we ever had and put up better stats then Boller.

Decent Jamal Lewis in 05???? I'm not even going to dignify that ridiculous comment. Lets see Mason and Heap weren't as effective due to the lack of a running game and an offensive line that gave up 40+ sacks to Kyle (as opposed to 16 to McNair) not to mention the fact that Clayton was a rookie and no where near effective as he is now.

Troj2man
06-27-2007, 09:00 PM
I mean vertical offenses would love Bollers arm strength

Yeah I know what you meant. I wasn't questioning your thinking, just asking a question in general.

Like we both have said: Steve Mcnair is the QB who helped to lead this team to it's best record ever! You can look at the numbers and try to discredit it all you want. In the end the guy was a major factor in helping this team to it's best record.

Ravens1991
06-27-2007, 09:02 PM
Decent Jamal Lewis in 05???? I'm not even going to dignify that ridiculous comment. Lets see Mason and Heap weren't as effective due to the lack of a running game and an offensive line that gave up 40+ sacks to Kyle (as opposed to 16 to McNair) not to mention the fact that Clayton was a rookie and no where near effective as he is now.

Jamal was a 2,000 yard rusher in 2003 his rookie year and better in 2004 then 2006 when McNair had him. Plus IMO Boller makes to many mental errors for my liking.

BigDawg819
06-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Yeah I know what you meant. I wasn't questioning your thinking, just asking a question in general.

Like we both have said: Steve Mcnair is the QB who helped to lead this team to it's best record ever! You can look at the numbers and try to discredit it all you want. In the end the guy was a major factor in helping this team to it's best record.

Yeah and McNair is the same guy who blew it in the playoffs and cost us a chance at the Lombardi Trophy but you conveniently leave that out. Hell Elvis Grbac lead us to a 10-6 record in 2001 and won a playoff game (something McNair did not due with arguably a better team) but he's revered as a joke in Baltimore.

Troj2man
06-27-2007, 09:05 PM

Give me a break! You're going to blame all of those 40+ sacks on the offensive line? I'm sorry but the O-line was not that bad. At least half those sacks can be attributed to Kyle Boller. Wether it be falling from under center, or just not knowing what to do with the ball. There's a reason why we only gave up 16 sacks this past season. That reason in part is due to Steve Mcnair having the pocket pressence and knowing what to do with the ball.

BigDawg819
06-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Jamal was a 2,000 yard rusher in 2003 his rookie year and better in 2004 then 2006 when McNair had him. Plus IMO Boller makes to many mental errors for my liking.

Well you make too many mental errors in posting for my liking but I still think you're ok. :D For example, Jamal was a rookie in 2000, the Super Bowl year, and rushed for over 1300 yards. After his 2000+ yard campaign in 2003 he was never the same back and consistently got worse. Kyle was never given a team the caliber of what McNair got and yet people bash Kyle and praise McNair.

BigDawg819
06-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Give me a break! You're going to blame all of those 40+ sacks on the offensive line? I'm sorry but the O-line was not that bad. At least half those sacks can be attributed to Kyle Boller. Wether it be falling from under center, or just not knowing what to do with the ball. There's a reason why we only gave up 16 sacks this past season. That reason in part is due to Steve Mcnair having the pocket pressence and knowing what to do with the ball.

Throwing check down passes of 4 yards and going 3 and out consistently while missing reads downfield because of your inability to throw the ball more then 10 yards is not knowing what to do!

Troj2man
06-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Yeah and McNair is the same guy who blew it in the playoffs and cost us a chance at the Lombardi Trophy but you conveniently leave that out. Hell Elvis Grbac lead us to a 10-6 record in 2001 and won a playoff game (something McNair did not due with arguably a better team) but he's revered as a joke in Baltimore.

OK so let me get this straight. You think both Grbac and Mcnair are a "joke" because they couldn't get us another Lombardi trophy? And yet you're one of Kyle Boller's biggest fans. If Mcnair and Grbac are a joke, then what does that make your boy Kyle Boller?

I guess using your logic Dan Marino and Donovan Mcnabb are both a "joke" because they haven't/never helped their team win a lombardi trophy.

Troj2man
06-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Throwing check down passes of 4 yards and going 3 and out consistently while missing reads downfield because of your inability to throw the ball more then 10 yards is not knowing what to do!

I guess tripping on your own feet, taking a sack, or throwing a pick is better. That's what your boy Boller used to do. He was the king of check down passes and missing reads down the field. And just stop with the not being able to throw the ball more than 10 yards. Check the game footage again, and you'll see that you're way off base here.

BigDawg819
06-27-2007, 09:17 PM
OK so let me get this straight. You think both Grbac and Mcnair are a "joke" because they couldn't get us another Lombardi trophy? And yet you're one of Kyle Boller's biggest fans. If Mcnair and Grbac are a joke, then what does that make your boy Kyle Boller?

I guess using your logic Dan Marino and Donovan Mcnabb are both a "joke" because they haven't/never helped their team win a lombardi trophy.

First of all I never said Grbac was a joke, I inferred that others did and well crying on the field I can't really defend that. Secondly you're reference to Marino and McNabb are ludicrous and ridiculous and not worthy of debate because of there moronic value. One of the main reasons for bringing in McNair was to mentor Kyle Boller, well he did that and now its time for the old man to move over and let the kid show his stuff. All you keep blabbering is about the win-loss record from last year in support of McNair but you keep avoiding the playoff debacle. Guess what, the regular season is worthless unless you produce in the playoffs and McNair has a history of not producing their so its time for a change!

Troj2man
06-27-2007, 09:23 PM
First of all I never said Grbac was a joke, I inferred that others did and well crying on the field I can't really defend that. Secondly you're reference to Marino and McNabb are ludicrous and ridiculous and not worthy of debate because of there moronic value. One of the main reasons for bringing in McNair was to mentor Kyle Boller, well he did that and now its time for the old man to move over and let the kid show his stuff. All you keep blabbering is about the win-loss record from last year in support of McNair but you keep avoiding the playoff debacle. Guess what, the regular season is worthless unless you produce in the playoffs and McNair has a history of not producing their so its time for a change!

I'm sorry but why is the Marino and Mcnabb scenario not worthy of debate? According to you, the only way you're a good QB is if you help your team win a lombardi trophy. Or of course if you're name is Kyle Boller with your whopping 71.0 QB rating.

No Mcnair was not brought in to mentor blunder boy! How many chances are you willing to give Kyle? He had his time, stunk up the place, and is on his way out of here after this season. As for the playoff debacle which you claim I'm "avoiding". When was the last time Kyle Boller even got a sniff of the playoffs? And please don't bring up the 2003 season where Anthony Wright played in nearly as many games as Boller.

Ravens1991
06-27-2007, 09:34 PM

Grbac didnt go up against the super bowl champs in the 1st round or the 2nd round were we lost.

BigDawg819
06-27-2007, 09:38 PM
I'm sorry but why is the Marino and Mcnabb scenario not worthy of debate? According to you, the only way you're a good QB is if you help your team win a lombardi trophy. Or of course if you're name is Kyle Boller with your whopping 71.0 QB rating.

No Mcnair was not brought in to mentor blunder boy! How many chances are you willing to give Kyle? He had his time, stunk up the place, and is on his way out of here after this season. As for the playoff debacle which you claim I'm "avoiding". When was the last time Kyle Boller even got a sniff of the playoffs? And please don't bring up the 2003 season where Anthony Wright played in nearly as many games as Boller.

The Marino and McNabb scenario is not worthy of debate because its a moronic notion. And no winning the Super Bowl is not the only way you're a good QB according to me, I only said that McNair cost us a legitimate chance at it last year. Why don't you concentrate on generating some intelligent posts instead of putting words in other people's mouth?

As for McNair being brought into mentor Kyle, that is an absolute truth and if you don't believe it why don't you research some quotes from Coach Billick when all the McNair rumors and signing took place? And once again yes you are avoiding the playoff debacle with McNair's atrocious play because you still do not comment on it. The 2003 season has Kyle as the starter of record and we would have done better if a horrid offensive line didn't get Kyle killed and injured for a good amount of the season!

Ravens1991
06-27-2007, 09:42 PM
McNair lost to the super bowl champs, Do you honestly believe Boller could have beaten the superbowl champs?

BigDawg819
06-27-2007, 09:45 PM
McNair lost to the super bowl champs, Do you honestly believe Boller could have beaten the superbowl champs?

The horrible way that McNair looked in that game, I think Mark Clayton at QB could have won that game. What everyone is forgetting here is that the Defense had that game in control, all the offense had to do is score a touchdown and the game was ours. But no McNair can't make the reads, doesn't trust his arm to make throws, and turned the ball over. Bottomline, McNair cost us that game due to his diminished skills.

Ravens1991
06-27-2007, 09:49 PM
OK Boller through out his career has made more worse decisons in games. Look against the Browns, his pick which was a horrible pass kept them in the game for a bit while we could have scored and game over, and that was against the Browns in a basically meaningless game.

BigDawg819
06-27-2007, 09:52 PM
OK Boller through out his career has made more worse decisons in games. Look against the Browns, his pick which was a horrible pass kept them in the game for a bit while we could have scored and game over, and that was against the Browns in a basically meaningless game.

First of all no game is meaningless in the NFL especially since you only play 16 of them. Come man thats commonsense, act as though you have some. Secondly, we will never know what Kyle would have done in that playoff game because they didn't put him in. We could argue until the end of days on both sides of the coin on whether or not he would have failed or gotten the job done. Bottomline he didn't get the opportunity so its whatever.

Ravens1991
06-27-2007, 09:53 PM
true it isnt exactly meaningless that is why I put in basically but it isnt important as some. We do agree that we dont have a clue how Boller would have done in the playoffs.

BigDawg819
06-27-2007, 09:57 PM
true it isnt exactly meaningless that is why I put in basically but it isnt important as some. We do agree that we dont have a clue how Boller would have done in the playoffs.

Indeed we agree on the Boller situation but every game in the NFL is important. Especially games against division opponents!

Troj2man
06-27-2007, 11:07 PM
The Marino and McNabb scenario is not worthy of debate because its a moronic notion. And no winning the Super Bowl is not the only way you're a good QB according to me, I only said that McNair cost us a legitimate chance at it last year. Why don't you concentrate on generating some intelligent posts instead of putting words in other people's mouth?

As for McNair being brought into mentor Kyle, that is an absolute truth and if you don't believe it why don't you research some quotes from Coach Billick when all the McNair rumors and signing took place? And once again yes you are avoiding the playoff debacle with McNair's atrocious play because you still do not comment on it. The 2003 season has Kyle as the starter of record and we would have done better if a horrid offensive line didn't get Kyle killed and injured for a good amount of the season!

What is there to talk about Mcnair's atrocious play? He had a bad game, it just so happened to be in the playoffs against the eventual SB champions. Bad games happen. Yet you're bashing one guy for a bad game, and praising another for a career of bad games.

Yes Boller is listed as the starting QB for 9 games in the 2003 season. Anthony Wright started the other 7. Here are their stats:

Anthony Wright: 266 attempts, 61.7 completion %, 1,582 yards, 5.95 YPA, 6 td's 9 int's, 71.7 QB rating

Kyle Boller: 224 attempts, 51.8 completion %, 1,260 yards, 5.63 YPA, 7 td's 9 int's, 62.4 QB rating

Looks like Anthony Wright managed to be ok behind that "horrid" offensive line. Not sure how we could have done better with Boller in there. That season was all Jamal Lewis anyway.

Now onto the whole intelligent post thing of yours. You really shouldn't be claiming wether the information that someone posts is intelligent or not. Go back and read some of your posts about your hero Boller.

Thankfully all this Boller talk will be done after the season. The Ravens have no intention of bringing Boller back, and I doubt he would want to come back. We have hopefully what will be our future at the QB position on the roster already in Troy Smith. Who already looks like more of a QB then Boller ever did.

BigDawg819
06-27-2007, 11:14 PM
What is there to talk about Mcnair's atrocious play? He had a bad game, it just so happened to be in the playoffs against the eventual SB champions. Bad games happen. Yet you're bashing one guy for a bad game, and praising another for a career of bad games.

Yes Boller is listed as the starting QB for 9 games in the 2003 season. Anthony Wright started the other 7. Here are their stats:

Anthony Wright: 266 attempts, 61.7 completion %, 1,582 yards, 5.95 YPA, 6 td's 9 int's, 71.7 QB rating

Kyle Boller: 224 attempts, 51.8 completion %, 1,260 yards, 5.63 YPA, 7 td's 9 int's, 62.4 QB rating

Looks like Anthony Wright managed to be ok behind that "horrid" offensive line. Not sure how we could have done better with Boller in there. That season was all Jamal Lewis anyway.

Now onto the whole intelligent post thing of yours. You really shouldn't be claiming wether the information that someone posts is intelligent or not. Go back and read some of your posts about your hero Boller.

Thankfully all this Boller talk will be done after the season. The Ravens have no intention of bringing Boller back, and I doubt he would want to come back. We have hopefully what will be our future at the QB position on the roster already in Troy Smith. Who already looks like more of a QB then Boller ever did.

Thank goodness your not in charge of the team because we would be the laughing stocks of the league. You have no clue what the team plans on doing with Boller and yet you come out and act as you do. Plus your boy Troy, he may not even have a spot on the team if Drew Olsen does his thing.

Troj2man
06-27-2007, 11:15 PM
Indeed we agree on the Boller situation but every game in the NFL is important. Especially games against division opponents!

You're absolutely right and I'm glad you brought this up. Kyle Boller since coming into the NFL in 2003 has a record against the other teams in the division of 6-7. Steve Mcnair on the other hand has a record of 5-1 against the other teams in the division. Yes I know Boller has played in 13 games against divisional foes and Mcnair has only played in 6. But the numbers do not lie. In one season Mcnair won 1 less game compared to Boller in 3 season.

BigDawg819
06-27-2007, 11:24 PM
You're absolutely right and I'm glad you brought this up. Kyle Boller since coming into the NFL in 2003 has a record against the other teams in the division of 6-7. Steve Mcnair on the other hand has a record of 5-1 against the other teams in the division. Yes I know Boller has played in 13 games against divisional foes and Mcnair has only played in 6. But the numbers do not lie. In one season Mcnair won 1 less game compared to Boller in 3 season.

And in that 1 season, McNair had a better team then Kyle did in any of his 3 seasons. Love how you leave things out.

Troj2man
06-27-2007, 11:24 PM
Thank goodness your not in charge of the team because we would be the laughing stocks of the league. You have no clue what the team plans on doing with Boller and yet you come out and act as you do. Plus your boy Troy, he may not even have a spot on the team if Drew Olsen does his thing.

Dude just stop, you're starting to look foolish. You don't know who and what I know about the Ravens. All signs are pointing to the Ravens not wanting Kyle Boller back. Check all the other Raven message boards. Aaron Wilson of the Carroll County Times has said on numerous occasions that the team will not bring Boller back. He's at the team facility every single day. He knows what's going on. And yes if I was in charge of the team I would be the laughing stock because I would start Mcnair over Boller.:rolleyes:

And please stop with the Drew Olson crap. He'll be lucky to land on the practice squad. Olson had a chance to do his thing in Europe and came out with below average stats. The only way Troy Smith does not make the team is if he gets in trouble off the field.

BigDawg819
06-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Dude just stop, you're starting to look foolish. You don't know who and what I know about the Ravens. All signs are pointing to the Ravens not wanting Kyle Boller back. Check all the other Raven message boards. Aaron Wilson of the Carroll County Times has said on numerous occasions that the team will not bring Boller back. He's at the team facility every single day. He knows what's going on. And yes if I was in charge of the team I would be the laughing stock because I would start Mcnair over Boller.:rolleyes:

And please stop with the Drew Olson crap. He'll be lucky to land on the practice squad. Olson had a chance to do his thing in Europe and came out with below average stats. The only way Troy Smith does not make the team is if he gets in trouble off the field.

I look foolish? You are the one bringing up moronic observations and you have the gall to call someone foolish? Please, go back to lurking and not posting because you bring nothing positive to any discussion. Your hatred of Kyle obviously has warped you thinking and therefore made your posts not worth reading. I am done with you sir, good day.

Troj2man
06-27-2007, 11:32 PM
And in that 1 season, McNair had a better team then Kyle did in any of his 3 seasons. Love how you leave things out.

If you're going by record then yes, Mcnair had a better team. Let's not act like Boller didn't have any talent around him. He had Todd Heap, a better Jamal Lewis, Mark Clayton and other WR's who stepped up from time to time. Not to mention that some of those WR's actually started producing when Boller was out. Anthony Wright didn't seem to have a problem with the likes of Marcus Robinson, Travis Taylor and Frank Sanders catching his passes, but Boller did.

Face it, you're looking for every excuse possible to defend Kyle Boller. It's pretty damn sad that you're going to this extent to defend him.

BigDawg819
06-27-2007, 11:40 PM
If you're going by record then yes, Mcnair had a better team. Let's not act like Boller didn't have any talent around him. He had Todd Heap, a better Jamal Lewis, Mark Clayton and other WR's who stepped up from time to time. Not to mention that some of those WR's actually started producing when Boller was out. Anthony Wright didn't seem to have a problem with the likes of Marcus Robinson, Travis Taylor and Frank Sanders catching his passes, but Boller did.

Face it, you're looking for every excuse possible to defend Kyle Boller. It's pretty damn sad that you're going to this extent to defend him.

I said Good Day Sir!

Troj2man
06-27-2007, 11:41 PM
I look foolish? You are the one bringing up moronic observations and you have the gall to call someone foolish? Please, go back to lurking and not posting because you bring nothing positive to any discussion. Your hatred of Kyle obviously has warped you thinking and therefore made your posts not worth reading. I am done with you sir, good day.

Moronic obesrvations? Or facts that you can't dispute? My posts may not be positive to you, and that's ok. I'm able to form my own opinion. If you think it's negative then that's your opinion. How about you just stop reading them if you think they are not positive.

And believe it or not, I was a fan of Kyle Boller. I was a huge supporter of him until last season when I saw what a real QB could do on this team. The kid just doesn't have it, and he probably never will. I could say that your posts are not worth reading because of your love affair with Kyle Boller. But guess what? I'm mature enough to respect your opinion even though I don't agree with it. I provide facts to counter your argument. That's all you'll get from me on the Kyle Boller conversation. And the facts don't lie. Kyle Boller is a bad QB. There is nothing you can say or do to dispute that fact. You've tried time and time again, but just ended up failing miserably.

Troj2man
06-27-2007, 11:46 PM
I said Good Day Sir!

Ok, good day to you to junior. I thought you were done with my posts? Guess you can't stay away. What a shame.

Seriously though dude, I have no problem with you. We both bleed purple and black. Anyone that bleeds purple and black is ok with me. We may not agree on certain players, and that's fine. In the end we both truly want the same thing regardless of who's the QB. And that is a 2nd Lombardi trophy for the Ravens and the city of Baltimore!

Have a good Thursday BigDawg! Now let's get ready to see our O's sweep the Yankees. It may not be much, but in a season like this one, you have to get excited about possibly sweeping the Yankees.

niel89
06-28-2007, 12:36 AM
its funny how many of our threads become Boller/McNair debates.

frankly i think boller is an outstanding kid but he is limited by his metal mistakes. he has a great arm but i dont know if he will be able to really pull it all together.

McNair is injury prone, old and is too conservative in his passing. he flat out doesnt take many chances down feild and likes the dump off pass. But i do like what he does bring. he brings vet. leadership, and his come back wins.

BigDawg819
06-28-2007, 12:39 AM
its funny how many of our threads become Boller/McNair debates.

frankly i think boller is an outstanding kid but he is limited by his metal mistakes. he has a great arm but i dont know if he will be able to really pull it all together.

McNair is injury prone, old and is too conservative in his passing. he flat out doesnt take many chances down feild and likes the dump off pass. But i do like what he does bring. he brings vet. leadership, and his come back wins.

BLASPEMY!

You know you love Kyle! And I can prove it:

Clarence Moore with Kyle starting: 4 TD's

Clarence Moore with McNair starting: 1 TD

What does this tell us, niel89 is a Boller backer.

Thats' right another one has been assimilated!

niel89
06-28-2007, 04:31 AM
BLASPEMY!

You know you love Kyle! And I can prove it:

Clarence Moore with Kyle starting: 4 TD's

Clarence Moore with McNair starting: 1 TD

What does this tell us, niel89 is a Boller backer.

Thats' right another one has been assimilated!

you cant over throw 6'6" :D

dcarey20
06-28-2007, 02:26 PM
I can't take all the McNair bashing and Boller backing anymore. It's getting quite ridiculous. I'm so sick of hearing about McNair's lack of arm strength and how much that holds us back. If Kyle Boller was our signal caller for the 2006 season, there's no way in hell we are 13-3. There's no way we come back to beat the Browns, the Chargers, or the Titans. McNair showed outstanding leadership in all 3 of those victories and I have seen nothing from Boller that makes me think he would have won those games for us. He's got outstanding physical skills, no doubt about it. But he has had horrible mental issues since he has entered the league. He'll show his great potential then he will come out and make some horrible decisions. Boller's biggest backer, Brian Billick, even suggested that he should see a sports psychiatrist. As the 19th overall pick in the 2003 draft he has been a horrible dissapointment with us. We gave up a 2004 first rounder for the guy. He's been the biggest bust in franchise history. The bottom line is I don't care which way anyone on here spins it, McNair gives us the best chance to win, no doubt about it. Boller is a good backup, but there is no way that he should be the starter over Steve McNair. With Boller we would have been 10-6 at best last season. He is not the guy for this team right now. McNair is.

ChewyRaven318
06-30-2007, 11:07 AM
I agree with a lot of what he is saying, though calling McNair not even top 20 is a bit harsh if he's talking about just QBs, I mean he did have a good enough season last year, and the QB field this year is going to be filled with rookies and young guys who are getting their first nod. Assuming he plays a full year, he should be a good option for a #2 QB.

And he's right about McGahee, he does flout a lot and has a lot to prove as far as this team goes, but so far, he's proven to have a good work ethic and attitude on our team(I mean one hopes it stays that way, but who knows?). And he's definitely going to be an upgrade over Jamal, even if mild.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-30-2007, 03:46 PM
I agree with a lot of what he is saying, though calling McNair not even top 20 is a bit harsh if he's talking about just QBs, I mean he did have a good enough season last year, and the QB field this year is going to be filled with rookies and young guys who are getting their first nod. Assuming he plays a full year, he should be a good option for a #2 QB.

And he's right about McGahee, he does flout a lot and has a lot to prove as far as this team goes, but so far, he's proven to have a good work ethic and attitude on our team(I mean one hopes it stays that way, but who knows?). And he's definitely going to be an upgrade over Jamal, even if mild.

I'm not as worried about Willis's ability, if he can or cannot play, anymore. The things that worry me about the running game are the fact that our OL has alot to prove when it comes to run blocking, and I wonder how Willis will react if the blocking is subpar again to start the season, he has never shown to be a great team guy. He looks as if he gets that here he has the chance to win a Superbowl, every time I see him he looks in amazing shape, so hopefully its clicked for him and he's ready to carry us to a Superbowl, cause if we win a Sperbowl its gonna be because he carried us there on the offensive side of the ball.