59. CHI: Doug Legursky C Marshall
60. SF: Darien Williams S Oklahoma
61. CIN: Marcus Harrison DT Arkansas
62. NE: Kirk Elder G Texas A&M
63. DAL: Erik Ainge QB Tennessee
64. SD: B.J. Raji DT Boston College

Shane P. Hallam
06-28-2007, 11:20 AM
Errr...If Pittsburgh is picking 6th, how could they afford a luxury pick?

simms2clayton
06-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Errr...If Pittsburgh is picking 6th, how could they afford a luxury pick?

Thats a very good question and I will do my best to answer it. (Kind like Godell to Troy Smith)

Right now, it is very tough to predict some teams' future needs, especially with a season before us.

The Steelers obviously aren't going to go in a few directions (imo) for the first round next year: QB, RB, TE, OL, OLB, and S.

I am not too sure what Tomlin wants to do defensively. What scheme is he going to run in 2008? What players are going to fit his system?

I would have gladly given Pittsburgh a CB (since that seems like the easiest direction to me right now), but I don't see a CB worthy of a top 10 selection other than Justin King at the moment.

Okay, maybe "luxury pick" was a bad prase to use. But WR might be a need in the Steelers' future, and maybe Manningham is great value at 6 in 2008...which means a very good pick.

PalmerToCJ
06-28-2007, 12:07 PM
The Bengals will not address TE early.

It'll be DE/OLB maybe DT.

simms2clayton
06-28-2007, 12:09 PM
The Bengals will not address TE early.

It'll be DE/OLB maybe DT.

Why not?

Why can't they address OLB and DT in rounds 2 and 3?

I think it is time for the Bengals to refocus on the offense much like Indy did in last year's draft.

Davis is a big time player and he is going to really open up the middle of the field for Palmer.

PalmerToCJ
06-28-2007, 12:39 PM
Why not?

Why can't they address OLB and DT in rounds 2 and 3?

I think it is time for the Bengals to refocus on the offense much like Indy did in last year's draft.

Davis is a big time player and he is going to really open up the middle of the field for Palmer.

TE's aren't used as catching weapons in our offense, that's why Reggie Kelly is such a great TE for us because he is one of the best blockers in the league. Plus, Marvin has over the past few years laughed at the idea of taking a TE early saying it'd just be another mouth to feed offensive production when we have plenty already.

simms2clayton
06-28-2007, 12:48 PM
TE's aren't used as catching weapons in our offense, that's why Reggie Kelly is such a great TE for us because he is one of the best blockers in the league. Plus, Marvin has over the past few years laughed at the idea of taking a TE early saying it'd just be another mouth to feed offensive production when we have plenty already.

So do the Bengals just plan on using all 7 picks next year on defense? Is that how it is going to be?

Too many mouths to feed? Um ya, then why did you draft a 3rd string RB (Kenny Irons) in round 2, Marvin Lewis?

BaLLiN
06-28-2007, 01:06 PM
I don't think Green-Ellis is worthy of an early 2nd round choice for the giants

simms2clayton
06-28-2007, 01:28 PM

BJGE is an underrated player and I feel like his stock is going to go up as the season goes along. I really don't know why he is looked over so much as he has dominated in the SEC.

Acreboy
06-28-2007, 01:50 PM
If the Saints are picking 12th they better trade up 2 spots for Dorsey.

Go_Eagles77
06-28-2007, 02:02 PM
I like the eagles picks.

Zyro_1014
06-28-2007, 02:11 PM
dude keith rivers is one of the if not THE best linebacker in the country and to say hes not going to be a first rounder is retarted. Him and Rey will most likely be first rounders and Cushing will be very close. Sedrick Ellis not in the first 2 roundS? yeah right!

Acreboy
06-28-2007, 02:13 PM
Andre Woodson 1st QB taken?

Shane P. Hallam
06-28-2007, 02:25 PM
Thats a very good question and I will do my best to answer it. (Kind like Godell to Troy Smith)

Right now, it is very tough to predict some teams' future needs, especially with a season before us.

The Steelers obviously aren't going to go in a few directions (imo) for the first round next year: QB, RB, TE, OL, OLB, and S.

I am not too sure what Tomlin wants to do defensively. What scheme is he going to run in 2008? What players are going to fit his system?

I would have gladly given Pittsburgh a CB (since that seems like the easiest direction to me right now), but I don't see a CB worthy of a top 10 selection other than Justin King at the moment.

Okay, maybe "luxury pick" was a bad prase to use. But WR might be a need in the Steelers' future, and maybe Manningham is great value at 6 in 2008...which means a very good pick.

I disagree some, O-line COULD be a concern. If we end up at #6, likely our O-line completely blew it and we got nothing done offensively. We'll likely still be in a combo of 3-4/4-3 for 08. You apparently aren't high on Sam Baker, but is top 10 worthy and would be a decent pick.

And if we are actually picking before the Browns first rounder, I will shoot myself.

Don Vito
06-28-2007, 03:27 PM
28. NE (f/SF): Tyson Jackson DE LSU
30. NE: Terrell Thomas CB USC

Terrell Thomas is a great pick, CB is one of our our biggest needs along with ILB. The Jackson and Elder picks would just add to our 2 strongest positions, however. Jackson looks like a guy who probably could play in the 3-4, but it would probably be as a DE. Jackson is athletic for a 300 pound DE, but I can't see him playing LB. If we take a DE it would probably be a guy who projects to be a DE/OLB tweener like Gholston or Harvey. The pick does make sense though, we have taken a lot of big Tiger DE's over the last few seasons. Our interior OL us set as well, I don't see a guard as a need this early in the draft. An athletic ILB who can stuff the run would be the pick here, someone like Jasper Brinkley.

scar988
06-28-2007, 03:48 PM
9. ATL: John David Booty QB USC

-not gonna happen. Atlanta would not waste a pick on Booty if Brohm was available.

41. ATL: Gosder Cherilus T Boston College

-great pick

48. HOU: Sahnnon Tevaga G UCLA

-Atlanta has this pick from the Schaub trade and would get a NT, SS or WLB (if Demorrio doesn't re-sign) here.

cardsalltheway
06-28-2007, 03:49 PM

I think he definitely is. He gets no hype or respect but he's one of the best backs in the nation.

If the Cardinals are in the top 10 yet again, I think there has to be a bigger problem to address than the other safety spot.

Caddy
06-28-2007, 04:50 PM
Your positional picks for the Bucs are good but I'm not sure I'd go with those individual players.

BamaFalcon59
06-28-2007, 05:27 PM
No way would we go with John David Booty. Of who you have between that pick and our 2nd rounder...

Glenn Dorsey DT LSU (Not a big need, BPA though- probably not)
Rey Maualuga ILB USC
Frank Okam DT Texas
DeSean Jackson WR Cal
Early Doucet WR LSU
Adarius Bowman WR Oklahoma State
Sam Baker T USC
Barry Richardson T Clemson (best pick)
Kirk Barton T Ohio State
Derrick Harvey DE/OLB Florida
Quentin Groves DE/OLB Auburn
Lawrence Jackson DE USC
BJGE if he rised drastically
Gosder Cherilus T Boston College
Keith Rivers OLB USC
Dre Moore DT Maryland
Mike Hart RB Michigan
Xavier Adibi LB Virginia Tech
B.J. Raji DT Boston College

All are better fits if their stock rises adequately. I'd be happy with a lot of positions at the moment, but QB isn't one of them. I don't like the value and feel Michael Vick will be our QB for several more years. I think potential good position picks are: OT, RB, WR, RDE, NT, WLB, MLB, CB (depth in round 2/3)

And we have Houston's 2nd round pick.

Sniper
06-29-2007, 02:09 AM
5. GB: Justin King CB Penn State (Fringe first rounder, no way he's top 5/10)
6. PIT: Mario Manningham WR Michigan (Love the guy, but Pittsburgh wouldn't take a WR at 6)
15. DEN: Steve Slaton RB WVU (Don't see Denver taking a RB in the first, there's no need to with their history, and I don't see Slaton as a first rounder)
19. JAX: Brian Brohm QB Louisville (Doubt he drops to 19)
20. TB: Keenan Burton WR Kentucky (1st rounder but no Earl Bennett???)
27. CHI: Marcus Monk WR Arkansas (1st rounder but no Earl Bennett???)
30. NE: Terrell Thomas CB USC (No way)

ROUND 2

35. KC: Aqib Talib CB Kansas ( One of the better CB in the draft)
37. GB: Lawrence Jackson DE USC (How is he not in the first?)
44. NO: Keith Rivers OLB USC (1st rounder)
49. NYJ: Chris Long DE Virginia (1st rounder)

Chad Henne? Shawn Crable? Earl Bennett? Jack Ikegwuonu? Brandon Flowers? There's absolutely no way King is the best CB available. A viable candidate for most overrated player in the country.

23trufant
06-29-2007, 07:47 AM
I like Seattle's draft alot.
Sam Baker would start opposite Walter Jones if Locklear falters this season, plus its a good value pick, and he could take over for Jones should he retire anytime soon.
Mike Hart is a great runner who could be good depth behind Alexander and probably take over pretty soon, another good value pick IMO.

This would help he offense out and add some youth. Good draft.

asmitty45
06-29-2007, 11:27 AM
Its definitely way to early to be doing this but i love the lions picks.

According to Jon Kitna and Mike Furrey though we'll be picking somewhere in the late 20's, hahahahahahaha

Green Bay Scat
06-29-2007, 04:13 PM
I think since im the Official, ON EARL BENNETTS NUTS guy, all mocks must include wether EB is in the draft or not, so i dont have to keep sayin, Did EB die or somethin? much love for Goff, as he is a dominate LB prospect, and now that hes lighter, hes also faster from what i heard(this years Willis) thank you, and that is all

princefielder28
06-29-2007, 05:35 PM
suprised to see Brohm fall to 19

Sniper
06-29-2007, 05:38 PM
I think since im the Official, ON EARL BENNETTS NUTS guy, all mocks must include wether EB is in the draft or not, so i dont have to keep sayin, Did EB die or somethin? much love for Goff, as he is a dominate LB prospect, and now that hes lighter, hes also faster from what i heard(this years Willis) thank you, and that is all

Hey man I represented your boy. Look at my post.

Green Bay Scat
06-29-2007, 07:18 PM
Hey man I represented your boy. Look at my post.

i know and its good, but me and Smitty are ACTUAL vandy fans(sadly) so i say since Smitty doesnt show up much, im gonna be the "Official" on EB's nuts guy, but +rep for the +rep for EB

Mr. Stiller
07-02-2007, 12:00 AM
I disagree some, O-line COULD be a concern. If we end up at #6, likely our O-line completely blew it and we got nothing done offensively. We'll likely still be in a combo of 3-4/4-3 for 08. You apparently aren't high on Sam Baker, but is top 10 worthy and would be a decent pick.

And if we are actually picking before the Browns first rounder, I will shoot myself.

Agreed.

We have a Franchise QB, RB, WRx2, TE, DL, DB

We're basically set everywhere except..

LT(Smith is past 30 and play is declining, Essex never has lived up to being drafted, and Capizzi is a UDFA).

LG (Faneca is a UFA after this season and we aren't looking to re-sign him. Oh, Colon is probably the only one capable of being a solid LG)

C ( Depending on Whomever starts it could be a day 1 need)

RG ( If Chris Kemoeatu starts with Cameron Stephenson as his backup, it's not an issue)

RT ( Depends on Starks Season, as well as if Colon takes over if he isn't re-signed).

ROLB ( Porter left, Timmons is likely a 3-4 ILB, and Harrison is injury prone and in his 4-5 years played well, but can he sustain?)

LILB ( If Farrior retires, Foote is supposed to move here and Timmons to RILB)

So basically LB/OL are our issues right now.

We have a franchise QB(and great backup)
We have a franchise RB(and solid backups (Could be good depending on Russell)
We have 2 franchise WR( Ward and Holmes make a tedious duo, along with a plethora of depth)
We have 2 Young TEs (Heath Miller could actually make a pro-bowl if he was allowed to go out and catch the ball.)

We have 4 young CB's ( ***/Ike/Bryant/Coke... with DeShea as the still resilient vet)
we have 4 solid S's ( Anthony Smith is going to be a beast, Troy is all-Pro.. Clark is solid and Carter did great in spot duty).

mqtirishfan
07-02-2007, 01:42 AM
I don't see the Packers passing up on Kenny Phillips if he's available to them.

Smokey Joe
07-02-2007, 12:22 PM
why oh why would the Bears draft a Center, especially in the 2nd round?

doingthisinsteadofwork
07-02-2007, 05:59 PM
I like where Oakland's picking and their first round pick.I dont entirely agree with the second.

Xiomera
07-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Oh please, you don't even have Detroit taking a Wide Receiver at all in those first two rounds . . . that would garner a draft grade of about an F+ from me.

(post may contain traces of sarcasm, read with disgression)

PalmerToCJ
07-04-2007, 11:13 PM
So do the Bengals just plan on using all 7 picks next year on defense? Is that how it is going to be?

Too many mouths to feed? Um ya, then why did you draft a 3rd string RB (Kenny Irons) in round 2, Marvin Lewis?

3rd string RB? Hmmmm... Go figure. I guess pass recieving RB Kenny Watson starts over him? Chris Perry is going to start the season on the PUP list and wong be re-signed anyway.

I never said we'd load up on defense every pick. If we went offense it would be OL or even WR (pending what Henry does) before TE. I could see round 2 maybe but more likely round 3. Everyone was so sure we'd take Leonard Pope last year and that didn't work out, no interest was shown in early TE's this year either.

T-RICH49
07-08-2007, 10:11 AM
1. WAS: Calais Campbell DE Miami
2. TEN: Darren McFadden RB Arkansas
3. KC: Andre' Woodson QB Kentucky
4. MIA: Jake Long T Michigan
5. GB: Justin King CB Penn State
6. PIT: Mario Manningham WR Michigan
7. ARZ: Kenny Phillips S Miami
8. NYG: Dan Connor OLB Penn State
9. ATL: John David Booty QB USC
10. OAK: Glenn Dorsey DT LSU
11. DET: Rey Maualuga ILB USC
12. NO: Frank Okam DT Texas
13. DAL (f/CLE): DeSean Jackson WR Cal
14. STL: Limas Sweed WR Texas
15. DEN: Steve Slaton RB WVU
16. HOU: Early Doucet WR LSU
17. NYJ: Adarius Bowman WR Oklahoma State
18. PHI: Jasper Brinkley ILB South Carolina
19. JAX: Brian Brohm QB Louisville
20. TB: Keenan Burton WR Kentucky
21. BUF: Antoine Cason CB Arizona
22. SEA: Sam Baker T USC
23. CAR: Quentin Demps S UTEP
24. BAL: Barry Richardson T Clemson
25. MIN: Jordan Grimes G Purdue
26. SF (f/IND): Derrick Harvey DE/OLB Florida
27. CHI: Marcus Monk WR Arkansas
28. NE (f/SF): Tyson Jackson DE LSU
29. CIN: Fred Davis TE USC
30. NE: Terrell Thomas CB USC
31. DAL: Dwight Lowery CB San Jose State
32. SD: Jonathan Goff ILB Vanderbilt

ROUND 2

33. WAS: Kirk Barton T Ohio State
34. TEN: DeMario Pressley DT North Carolina State
35. KC: Aqib Talib CB Kansas
36. MIA: Quentin Groves DE/OLB Auburn
37. GB: Lawrence Jackson DE USC
38. PIT: Vince Hall ILB Virginia Tech
39. ARZ: Felix Jones RB Arkansas
40. NYG: Ben Jarvus Green-Ellis RB Ole Miss
41. ATL: Gosder Cherilus T Boston College
42. OAK: Jonathan Luigs C Arkansas
43. DET: Martin Rucker TE Missouri
44. NO: Keith Rivers OLB USC
45. CLE: Allen Patrick RB Oklahoma
46. STL: Bo Ruud LB Nebraska
47. DEN: Jonathan Hefney S Tennessee
48. HOU: Sahnnon Tevaga G UCLA
49. NYJ: Chris Long DE Virginia
50. PHI: Zack Bowman CB Nebraska
51. JAX: D.J. Hall WR Alabama
52. TB: Dre Moore DT Maryland
53. BUF: Jacob Tamme TE Kentucky
54. SEA: Mike Hart RB Michigan
55. CAR: Red Bryant DT Texas A&M
56. BAL: Matt Ryan QB Boston College
57. MIN: Xavier Adibi LB Virginia Tech
58. IND: DeJuan Tribble CB Boston College
59. CHI: Doug Legursky C Marshall
60. SF: Darien Williams S Oklahoma
61. CIN: Marcus Harrison DT Arkansas
63. DAL: Erik Ainge QB Tennessee
64. SD: B.J. Raji DT Boston College

Give KC Jake Long and you'll get an A+ for that Chiefs draft

SuperMcGee
07-08-2007, 11:05 AM
Bills in the playoffs. Awesome. A pretty nice draft, especially if Everett fails to emerge this year.

VY10
07-08-2007, 12:14 PM
Houston doesn't have a second round pick. I believe Atlanta has it for the Matt Schaub deal.

Hines
07-08-2007, 12:50 PM
pittsburgh wont pick 6th and they will not pick a wr

second round is pretty good even though i would like a pass rusher or olineman

and campbell at number one scares me cuz i think it would scream courtney brown v2,even though i dont think campbell will be a bust like that

Mr. Stiller
07-08-2007, 02:47 PM
pittsburgh wont pick 6th and they will not pick a wr

second round is pretty good even though i would like a pass rusher or olineman

and campbell at number one scares me cuz i think it would scream courtney brown v2,even though i dont think campbell will be a bust like that

We can literally go 6 deep at WR... Hell our #4 WR started when our #1 went down and went 2 for 67 33.5avg and 1 td. Over Leigh Bodden as well.

We need an Elite Pass rusher, a LT or LG.

elway777
07-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Sam Baker at 22?
Denver doesn't need a hb and Slaton isn't an every down back.

Staubach12
07-08-2007, 11:48 PM
I loved Dallas until we got Ainge. I know you may have your questions about Romo, but I don't, so we'll have to just agree to disagree on that.

simms2clayton
07-09-2007, 12:37 AM
I loved Dallas until we got Ainge. I know you may have your questions about Romo, but I don't, so we'll have to just agree to disagree on that.

Agree to disagree. Know when knows for sure what the QB situation will be like for Dallas in 2008 because 2007 hasn't played out yet. I might be wrong, Romo might actually be pro bowl worthy next season (pwned).

Acreboy
07-09-2007, 12:40 AM
Sam Baker at 22?
Denver doesn't need a hb and Slaton isn't an every down back.They said the same about LT.

simms2clayton
07-09-2007, 12:41 AM
why does everyone keep giving denver a running back? seems a bit premature to give up on henry, especially given other more pressing needs.

Isn't it a bit premature to do a 2008 mock draft?

You have a very good point though. I forgot about Travis Henry and they love Mike Bell. Bad pick, I'll try to do better in 2.1.

Sniper
07-09-2007, 12:52 AM
They said the same about LT.

Yes, but Slaton is not as beastly as LT was/is physically.

Green Bay Scat
07-09-2007, 12:55 AM
for the pack, i think Kenny Phillips is who we'd draft, and move Rouse to WLB. then in round 2 we have Cullen Jenkins and Kampman, we some depth, but i could understand that, but i think we would go TE, or EB, or corner depth(future)

simms2clayton
07-09-2007, 12:56 AM
Yes, but Slaton is not as beastly as LT was/is physically.

I could be wrong, but aren't they both 5'10 and run a 4.4 40 (when LT was at TCU?)

Not sure of LT's strength and his weight coming out of college,...also I think the "every down back" thing is overrated. If Slaton can average 4.5 yards on first and second down, then that means it is 3rd and 1...then you have your bigger RB come in and get the 1st down, or slaton gets it doesn't matter. You got the first down, move the chains, don't worry, be happy. :)

Green Bay Scat
07-09-2007, 12:58 AM
I could be wrong, but aren't they both 5'10 and run a 4.4 40 (when LT was at TCU?)

Not sure of LT's strength and his weight coming out of college,...also I think the "every down back" thing is overrated. If Slaton can average 4.5 yards on first and second down, then that means it is 3rd and 1...then you have your bigger RB come in and get the 1st down, or slaton gets it doesn't matter. You got the first down, move the chains, don't worry, be happy. :)

LT was 215 coming out i believe

Sniper
07-09-2007, 01:00 AM

I don't know LT's measurables coming out of TCU, but he's now 220 pounds of pure animal. Slaton has a very slight frame, whereas Tomlinson packs much more muscle. Slaton is what? Buck 90?

Acreboy
07-09-2007, 01:06 AM

Not sure of LT's strength and his weight coming out of college,...also I think the "every down back" thing is overrated. If Slaton can average 4.5 yards on first and second down, then that means it is 3rd and 1...then you have your bigger RB come in and get the 1st down, or slaton gets it doesn't matter. You got the first down, move the chains, don't worry, be happy. :)I can't find his weight but he did run a 4.38

I want to say LT was 212 coming out.

simms2clayton
07-09-2007, 01:23 AM
http://www.msnsportsnet.com/profile.cfm?id=101042

That says 190, I read on his ESPN player card he is 195. so lets say the 190-195 range.

Also though, you have to factor in that Slaton will probably get a little bigger in the NFL...he could pack on about 15 pounds which puts him at appx. 205 lbs.

I am not an expert on RB weights etc. but is 5'10/205 considered a weight in which Slaton could take the beatings the 16 game scheduled?

Mr. Stiller
07-09-2007, 03:00 AM
LaDanian Tomlinson:

5-10, 221lbs

4.46 40'
2.59 20'
1.54 10'

18 bench reps

40.5" Vert

4.21 Short Shuttle
6.84 Cone

13 Wonderlic

Mr. Stiller
07-09-2007, 03:01 AM
http://www.msnsportsnet.com/profile.cfm?id=101042

That says 190, I read on his ESPN player card he is 195. so lets say the 190-195 range.

Also though, you have to factor in that Slaton will probably get a little bigger in the NFL...he could pack on about 15 pounds which puts him at appx. 205 lbs.

I am not an expert on RB weights etc. but is 5'10/205 considered a weight in which Slaton could take the beatings the 16 game scheduled?

Willie Parker did it on nearly 330 Carries at 5'10 209lbs

simms2clayton
07-09-2007, 03:57 AM
I got a question...Why the **** are we comparing Slaton to LT? Being an every down RB and being LT are 2 different things.

Someone please state why Steve Slaton can not be an every down RB and lets get back to the debate here. Not RB Wars: LT vs. Slaton

That is like comparing any college QB to Peyton Manning...it just isn't fair because no one would live up that kind of talent.

I mean seriously, how many college RBs become LT...wait I could see Darren McFadden as the next LT...if only he could throw TD passes. :( meh

Sniper
07-09-2007, 04:19 AM
I got a question...Why the **** are we comparing Slaton to LT? Being an every down RB and being LT are 2 different things.

Someone please state why Steve Slaton can not be an every down RB and lets get back to the debate here. Not RB Wars: LT vs. Slaton

That is like comparing any college QB to Peyton Manning...it just isn't fair because no one would live up that kind of talent.

I mean seriously, how many college RBs become LT...wait I could see Darren McFadden as the next LT...if only he could throw TD passes. :( meh

You mean like how McFadden had 3 touchdowns passing last year?

bucs_fan333
07-09-2007, 11:53 PM
20. TB: Keenan Burton WR Kentucky

52. TB: Dre Moore DT Maryland

I realize you have a man crush on Burton, but if the Bucs make him their first overall pick, I will be completely pissed!!!!!!!!!! QB or UT in the first round. I also don't understand how you have us better than New Orleans!?

Dre Moore is a freak of nature. I love this pick. But if UT is the pick in the first round, then QB in the second.

yo123
08-08-2007, 02:08 AM
All I have to say is we suck and we will not be picking 25th

Yung Flippa
08-08-2007, 01:31 PM
I'm pretty sure that the Ravens won't draft a tackle, they're set at tackle for the future (Terry & Gaither). I Think in that situation they would take either corners Terrell Thomas or Dwight Lowery.

Bearsfan123
08-10-2007, 12:54 AM
Bears first pick is pretty good and if the value is right i definately see it. Second rd has to either be S or OT tho