PDA

View Full Version : Dwan Edwards

America
06-28-2007, 03:05 PM
Yallve probably seen a lot more of him than me, since I don't regularly get to see the Ravens play. I was wondering if yallve seen anything that would lead you to believe that he could be a starter or even a top backup. I thought he was most ideal for a 4-3, but in the 3-4, can he hold up at the nose?

Green Bay Scat
06-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Yallve probably seen a lot more of him than me, since I don't regularly get to see the Ravens play. I was wondering if yallve seen anything that would lead you to believe that he could be a starter or even a top backup. I thought he was most ideal for a 4-3, but in the 3-4, can he hold up at the nose?

i think hed be a better end, hes got a good motor, just not thick enough to play NG. Dwans the man from Oregon State, woot.

ChefMike
06-28-2007, 03:40 PM
I would rather have Big Black up front then Dwan... He was not a good pickup for us in the draft he might play on another Team but with us he is trying to get playing time on a Team full of All Pro caliber defensive players..

BigDawg819
06-28-2007, 04:14 PM
Dwan is a solid rotational guy for us but I don't see him being a starter at least on this defense. Maybe he could be somewhere else but not here not yet. Possibly down the line if he keeps learning and improving.

dcarey20
06-28-2007, 10:18 PM
Honestly I haven't seen anything out of Dwan that makes me think he will ever be a big contributor with this team. He's been a prety big dissapointment since he was a 2nd round pick in 2004. He started as a tackle and he really didn't work out, and when we switched to a primary 3-4, we moved him to end. He's never really been a great rotational player, as Aubrayo Franklin was the top reserve on the defensive line. Hopefully he can step it up this year, because he may be the guy at 3-4 end if Pryce or Ngata goes down.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-29-2007, 02:03 AM
Honestly I haven't seen anything out of Dwan that makes me think he will ever be a big contributor with this team. He's been a prety big dissapointment since he was a 2nd round pick in 2004. He started as a tackle and he really didn't work out, and when we switched to a primary 3-4, we moved him to end. He's never really been a great rotational player, as Aubrayo Franklin was the top reserve on the defensive line. Hopefully he can step it up this year, because he may be the guy at 3-4 end if Pryce or Ngata goes down.

That will be Justin Bannan's job, that dude is extremely underrated.

BigDawg819
06-29-2007, 02:07 AM

Yeah I'll never understand why Buffalo let him go.

dcarey20
06-29-2007, 04:07 AM

At end? He played tackle for us last season, and has no expierience at 3-4 end. I wouldn't be oppossed to it though, as he's a really solid player and even though he doesn't have expierience there, he could easily be better than Edwards.

America
06-29-2007, 11:47 PM
I don't think Bannan is ideal for a 3-4. He's solid at all positions on the line though. I'd like to see him do a little more next year.

Ravens1991
06-30-2007, 09:36 PM
At end? He played tackle for us last season, and has no expierience at 3-4 end. I wouldn't be oppossed to it though, as he's a really solid player and even though he doesn't have expierience there, he could easily be better than Edwards.

I think he was in for a play or two at 3-4 DE this season.

jkpigskin
06-30-2007, 10:02 PM
hes not goin to make an impact with the ravens... maybe elsewhere but not here
he barely sees the field, when he does, i dont notice him