PDA

View Full Version : Darrell Scott

DWilliams2IndyColts
06-29-2007, 05:46 PM
Why do I nevr hear anybody talkin bout D Scott to USC? Is it because the other running backs?

CC
06-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Yes. There is still a chance he will go there, but right now it is looking like the leaders are Michigan, FSU, LSU, UCLA, and Colorado.

BigJohn98
06-29-2007, 06:12 PM
I read awhile back that his leaders were Colorado and Florida State.

-black
06-29-2007, 07:01 PM
i'd laugh if he went to USC

he will go to FSU :)....or at least I think its a good chance

Jericho@SC
06-29-2007, 07:08 PM
No way he goes to USC

CM4
06-30-2007, 01:14 AM
USC is out of picure, he told me is not goin there for sure

Sniper
06-30-2007, 01:23 AM
i'd laugh if he went to USC

he will go to FSU :)....or at least I think its a good chance

Might have a decent option combo with Manuel and Scott ;) I'm thinking his decision on Michigan is definitely going to hinge on McGuffie committing, which looks likely but not set in stone. Can't go wrong either way.

keylime_5
06-30-2007, 07:48 PM
USC Has these backs currently on scholarship:

CJ Gable
Chauncey Washington
Emmanuel Moody
Allen Bradford
Stafon Johnson
Joe McKnight
Marc Tyler
Broderick Green
Herschel Dennis (I think he's still on the team)
and I think they have one more guy out there too

Most of those guys are freshmen or sophomores, and most were 5 star recruits (Gable, Bradford, Johnson, McKnight, Tyler, and Green were I know - all are FR or SO). SC is set at HB for about 3 or 4 years.

I think Scott wants to go to Florida State to play with EJ Manuel and be the "heir" to Antone Smith.

BigJohn98
06-30-2007, 07:58 PM
I think Scott wants to go to Florida State to play with EJ Manuel and be the "heir" to Antone Smith.

I agree.:)

gstock05
07-01-2007, 01:55 AM
USC Has these backs currently on scholarship:

CJ Gable
Chauncey Washington
Emmanuel Moody
Allen Bradford
Stafon Johnson
Joe McKnight
Marc Tyler
Broderick Green
Herschel Dennis (I think he's still on the team)
and I think they have one more guy out there too

Most of those guys are freshmen or sophomores, and most were 5 star recruits (Gable, Bradford, Johnson, McKnight, Tyler, and Green were I know - all are FR or SO). SC is set at HB for about 3 or 4 years.

I never got why Carroll has offered so many runningbacks. I understand depth, injuries, and having a "pair and a spare." But whats the point with having nine runningbacks? OSU has Chris Wells, Mo Wells, Brandon Saine, and Boom Herron. Definitely dont need 9 different guys...

Acreboy
07-01-2007, 10:10 AM
LSU all the way.

keylime_5
07-01-2007, 02:39 PM
I never got why Carroll has offered so many runningbacks. I understand depth, injuries, and having a "pair and a spare." But whats the point with having nine runningbacks? OSU has Chris Wells, Mo Wells, Brandon Saine, and Boom Herron. Definitely dont need 9 different guys...

Actually I think SC has about 10 or 11 HBs on scholarship. I just named those 9 off the top of my head. You'd think he'd move Bradford to WLB, or Johnson to FS or CB or something. I wonder if 2 or 3 of those guys end up transferring in a year or two.

Acreboy
07-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Actually I think SC has about 10 or 11 HBs on scholarship. I just named those 9 off the top of my head. You'd think he'd move Bradford to WLB, or Johnson to FS or CB or something. I wonder if 2 or 3 of those guys end up transferring in a year or two.Cal and San Diego State will get some good guys.

DWilliams2IndyColts
07-02-2007, 04:51 PM
I read today that Penn State, Florida, and Michigan were his leaders.

rainbeaukid2
07-02-2007, 04:58 PM
he is the biggest man-child that i have ever played against

Acreboy
07-02-2007, 05:03 PM
If he goes to the SEC i'm going to be pissed.

DWilliams2IndyColts
07-02-2007, 05:17 PM
If he goes to the SEC i'm going to be pissed.And if he goes to Florida he'll just fade away. So I think Michigan will get him.

Sniper
07-02-2007, 05:26 PM
And if he goes to Florida he'll just fade away. So I think Michigan will get him.

And if he goes to Penn State I'm likely to shoot someone, so Michigan it is! :)

DWilliams2IndyColts
07-02-2007, 05:37 PM
What if he ended up at CU or something?

DoWnThEfiElD
07-02-2007, 07:15 PM

Where did you read that??

BigJohn98
07-02-2007, 07:22 PM

Source please?

DoWnThEfiElD
07-02-2007, 08:20 PM
It was prob something very old

BigJohn98
07-02-2007, 08:27 PM
It was prob something very old

Could be. I remember at one point hearing Florida and Penn State were the teams to beat.

DWilliams2IndyColts
07-03-2007, 10:02 AM
It was on scout.com

BigJohn98
07-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Care to post a link?

DWilliams2IndyColts
07-03-2007, 12:33 PM
He says they aren't his favorites but it sounds like they are.http://pennstate.scout.com/2/645891.html

BigJohn98
07-03-2007, 03:32 PM
I hope you do realize that article was from May. They may not be his leaders anymore.

DoWnThEfiElD
07-03-2007, 06:40 PM
where is the kid that claimed to know him or something haha?

P-L
07-03-2007, 06:45 PM
where is the kid that claimed to know him or something haha?

Right here...

USC is out of picure, he told me is not goin there for sure

DWilliams2IndyColts
07-03-2007, 07:28 PM
I hope you do realize that article was from May. They may not be his leaders anymore.Yes I just realized that.

CM4
07-13-2007, 01:53 PM
COLORADO is a possibility, his uncle is goin there and he might go there too. . He really likes CU, and Miami is still in it. . Michigan is out, he does not want to go there forget abou your stupid sources SCOUT.COM. . .

DWilliams2IndyColts
07-13-2007, 09:56 PM
COLORADO is a possibility, his uncle is goin there and he might go there too. . He really likes CU, and Miami is still in it. . Michigan is out, he does not want to go there forget abou your stupid sources SCOUT.COM. . .Where else am I supposed to go?

BigJohn98
07-14-2007, 11:04 AM
Where else am I supposed to go?

Rivals is better than Scout. Go to Rivals.

DoWnThEfiElD
07-15-2007, 06:19 PM
COLORADO is a possibility, his uncle is goin there and he might go there too. . He really likes CU, and Miami is still in it. . Michigan is out, he does not want to go there forget abou your stupid sources SCOUT.COM. . .

Dude get him to go to Mich....

BigJohn98
07-15-2007, 06:24 PM

Tell him he wants to come back home to Tallahassee.

reigle9
07-15-2007, 08:05 PM
I hope he's aware he starts the day he steps on campus at PSU.

Javzz
07-15-2007, 09:52 PM

Is LSU in it? I'm pretty sure I read something about him taking a visit here recently..

Brent
07-15-2007, 09:58 PM
He would get a lot of carries at Colorado

reigle9
07-16-2007, 11:13 AM
He'd be the best RB at Colorado since Eric sleeping with the Bieniemy.

CM4
07-19-2007, 02:29 PM
He is not too high on Michigan because its so cold, Florida State is not a favorite either. (Hint) (He was training with LORENZO BOOKER a few months ago and how was Lorenzo treated at FSU? Not good, and he said LORENZO didnt pressure him to go to FSU at all!). . . He lieks Colorado because there coaches have convinced him that they are the next best thing and his uncle is there, UCLA shoudl just stop. LSU is definately in the running. He likes the U, i dunno why but he does. But he does change his mind a lot and NEVER NEVER NEVER believe anything you read when he says something, never. . .

DoWnThEfiElD
07-19-2007, 03:48 PM
Cold??, hopefully if he makes it to the NFL a southern team drafts him....

So wait we shouldn't believe what you are saying since we don't have a direct quote from him then??

Brent
07-19-2007, 04:23 PM
I really hope he doesn't go to a Big 12 school.

BigJohn98
07-19-2007, 04:45 PM
If you know Darrell Scott, what's his mother's cousin's aunt's name?

Sniper
07-19-2007, 05:20 PM
Cold??, hopefully if he makes it to the NFL a southern team drafts him....

So wait we shouldn't believe what you are saying since we don't have a direct quote from him then??

Great point. I love how these kids are saying, "Oh it's too cold I'm too good to go there". What do you say when a team like the Packers or Bears draft you? "oh, sorry, it's too cold I don't want to play there".

DLS42
07-19-2007, 06:44 PM
dear Darrell Scott. its not cold in california. except near LA. its like negitve 12 degrees at all times. so dont even worry about visiting there. however in strawberry canyon its quite warm. and you wil get Larry Johnson type carries.

COME TO CAL!!! PLEASE?

BigJohn98
07-19-2007, 07:06 PM
Nice, warm climate in Tallahassee? Or freeze your nuts off in Colorado?

V. Young
07-19-2007, 08:24 PM
Go to cu. He will start the day he arrives. Or go to michigan, I like what that guys said, bears or packers draft you...you not going cause its too cold? No you will cause you arent gonna screw with the nfl as arookie, got to michigan or colorado.

BufFan71
07-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Come to CU......

he'll get a ton of carries.....start from the moment he steps on the field....

its the best thing for him to do

Sniper
07-19-2007, 10:18 PM
Come to CU......

he'll get a ton of carries.....start from the moment he steps on the field....

its the best thing for him to do

Except maybe he doesn't want to lose by 67 in the Big 12 title game ;)

DoWnThEfiElD
07-19-2007, 10:31 PM
Ya who knows with him really. I don't think i would be suprised to see him go anywhere.

Brent
07-19-2007, 10:47 PM
Except maybe he doesn't want to lose by 67 in the Big 12 title game ;)
That would require them to win the Big XII North. (Just messing with you, CU fan(s))

CM4
07-19-2007, 11:58 PM
bombin on him cause he wants to choose an area that fits him sinceh he will be living there the nedxt 4 years. . . NFL is different than choosing a college who wants to give you a scholarship. . your right i dont know him i just make things up dont believe me . . if you do you shoudl just PM me. . .

Sniper
07-20-2007, 12:06 AM
bombin on him cause he wants to choose an area that fits him sinceh he will be living there the nedxt 4 years. . . NFL is different than choosing a college who wants to give you a scholarship. . your right i dont know him i just make things up dont believe me . . if you do you shoudl just PM me. . .

It's just a very prima donna issue. Like you're too good to go some place where it's cold. Pretty sure football is meant to be played in any temperatures, not only when some stud RB thinks it's warm enough for him.

V. Young
07-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Cm4 I doubt you know him, you are just using that to say where you want him to go so everyone will believe you. I dont believe you. Lamer

V. Young
07-20-2007, 11:47 AM
It's just a very prima donna issue. Like you're too good to go some place where it's cold. Pretty sure football is meant to be played in any temperatures, not only when some stud RB thinks it's warm enough for him.

Yeah is this guy a wimp or again are you bombin crap...you cant play in the cold you cant play football, its that easy. Nice try the cm4.

Brent
07-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Maybe he just doesn't want the pressure of playing at Michigan and he's using the weather as an excuse?

elway777
07-20-2007, 12:08 PM
Maybe he isn't interested in playing in Michigan. I mean the midwest alone is enough to turn off a recruit coming from SoCal.

KCJ58
07-20-2007, 12:23 PM

It would be the biggest sign in CU history

BufFan71
07-20-2007, 12:42 PM
It would be the biggest sign in CU history

and it would be in his best interest to go there

Sniper
07-20-2007, 12:57 PM
Maybe he isn't interested in playing in Michigan. I mean the midwest alone is enough to turn off a recruit coming from SoCal.

You mean like Donovan Warren, Michael Williams, Avery Horn, Zion Babb, Jonas Mouton, etc...? That's just from the past 2 classes. Michigan recruits pretty well in Cali.

That being said, it's very possible he doesn't want to play at Michigan, and that's fine. But the cold excuse is weak **** if you're a football player.

CC
07-20-2007, 01:20 PM
and it would be in his best interest to go there

How so? Because he would play? He could start right away at a ton of schools across the country. Colorado has been a terrible football team of late, so if it is in his best interest to lose a ton of games then CU is the right choice.

elway777
07-20-2007, 01:36 PM
You mean like Donovan Warren, Michael Williams, Avery Horn, Zion Babb, Jonas Mouton, etc...? That's just from the past 2 classes. Michigan recruits pretty well in Cali.

That being said, it's very possible he doesn't want to play at Michigan, and that's fine. But the cold excuse is weak **** if you're a football player.

Well, every recruit does not think the same. It has been well known for awhile that Scott wants to stay in Cal or Florida.

KCJ58
07-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Well he could go to USC and start his Senior year maybe

Sniper
07-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Well, every recruit does not think the same. It has been well known for awhile that Scott wants to stay in Cal or Florida.

I understand that completely. The cold thing is just something that bothers me, that's all.

BufFan71
07-20-2007, 03:26 PM
How so? Because he would play? He could start right away at a ton of schools across the country. Colorado has been a terrible football team of late, so if it is in his best interest to lose a ton of games then CU is the right choice.

Colorado has been down season last seasons....

Horrible QB play (i like b-jack as a player, but not a qb/ Joel Klatt?-sucks)
injuries to the oline- (brian daniels, mark fenton)
horrible coaching -(barnett)
drug/rape/sex scandals

with coach Hawkins, the team (after a pretty good recruiting class) is gonna be alot better, and if he (scott) wants to be a part of something that is gonna be good (and make an imediate impact) then CU is his choice

elway777
07-20-2007, 03:30 PM
As much as this bothers me to say, I think UCLA would be Scott's best choice.

Newbs24
07-20-2007, 04:43 PM
The excuse is valid if a kid wants to go to college in a warm climate year round and doesn't mind 100+ summer days when they have to work their butt off. More power to them. But... it also isn't like Michigan is frigid weather year round. The wintyers aren't all that bad. Maybe I am saying that because my 24 years of exsistence have been here but I don't think its that bad. A recruit is fine to want to go and play in warm weather schools but I wonder what they think when they make it o the pros and have to play in NE, NY or especially Chicago and Green Bay on Sundays? I am sure that is a not so pleasant welcome to the L.

I think Scott goes to Colorado for some reason. He will rack up the yards and better not complain about how much time he gets off. Word to Dan Hawkins!

BufFan71
07-20-2007, 05:40 PM
The excuse is valid if a kid wants to go to college in a warm climate year round and doesn't mind 100+ summer days when they have to work their butt off. More power to them. But... it also isn't like Michigan is frigid weather year round. The wintyers aren't all that bad. Maybe I am saying that because my 24 years of exsistence have been here but I don't think its that bad. A recruit is fine to want to go and play in warm weather schools but I wonder what they think when they make it o the pros and have to play in NE, NY or especially Chicago and Green Bay on Sundays? I am sure that is a not so pleasant welcome to the L.

I think Scott goes to Colorado for some reason. He will rack up the yards and better not complain about how much time he gets off. Word to Dan Hawkins!

lmao- gotta rep u for that when the 24hour thing is done or w.e

ITS DIVISION 1 FOOTBALL!!!
NOT INTRAMURALS

DoWnThEfiElD
07-20-2007, 06:22 PM
You know what for some reason I'm not that impressed with Darnell Scott. I think I need to see better video or something because I must be missing something the way everyone talks about him.

I think the top two players in the nation are Green and Jones hands down. I think they could come in next year and play at the NCAA level. Those guys are amazing athletes with great body control, they just look so natural at their position I truely believe they are the top two prospects in the nation.

I would also throw Matt Kalil in their class aswell.

elway777
07-20-2007, 06:42 PM
Matt would be in thier class if he put on 20 pounds and some strength. Pass blocking wise he is second to none. Tyron Smith too.

DoWnThEfiElD
07-20-2007, 08:30 PM
Ya tackle is one of the toughest positions to project, but I really think he is one of the top 4-5 elite prospects in this class.

CC
07-20-2007, 08:39 PM
Colorado has been down season last seasons....

Horrible QB play (i like b-jack as a player, but not a qb/ Joel Klatt?-sucks)
injuries to the oline- (brian daniels, mark fenton)
horrible coaching -(barnett)
drug/rape/sex scandals

with coach Hawkins, the team (after a pretty good recruiting class) is gonna be alot better, and if he (scott) wants to be a part of something that is gonna be good (and make an imediate impact) then CU is his choice

So his choices are to be a part of something that could be good, or to be part of something that is already good?

BufFan71
07-21-2007, 09:37 AM
why be part of something good, when u wont start immediatly.....

how do u kno if he wants to help bring a program up to the top of the ranks or not?

CC
07-21-2007, 10:10 AM

how do u kno if he wants to help bring a program up to the top of the ranks or not?

You don't know that he does either.

Sniper
07-21-2007, 10:56 AM

If he's good enough he can start at Michigan right away. He just has to beat out some competition.

TheMikey10
07-21-2007, 04:03 PM
Is it even possible he heads to Cal? Hes definitely better than Shane Vereen and Jahvid Best, and could be the feature back on a program thats quickly becoming one of the top 10 or 15 in the nation

BufFan71
07-21-2007, 06:21 PM
but why would he wanna go to a program (michigan) where he has to compete for the starting spot, as opposed to CU where he will be a starter from the moment he steps on campus....

we'll just have to see

Hines
07-21-2007, 07:18 PM
but why would he wanna go to a program (michigan) where he has to compete for the starting spot, as opposed to CU where he will be a starter from the moment he steps on campus....

we'll just have to see

i also thinks he wants to go to a program who has a chance for a nc

Sniper
07-21-2007, 07:21 PM

Or at least a division/conference title.

Hines
07-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Or at least a division/conference title.

true so he should go to psu and he can get both =)

BufFan71
07-21-2007, 07:25 PM

so Colorado.......

j/k

Sniper
07-21-2007, 07:26 PM
true so he should go to psu and he can get both =)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA perhaps you should start by beating Michigan more than once every 10 years. ;)

Hines
07-21-2007, 07:27 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA perhaps you should start by beating Michigan more than once every 10 years. ;)

oh with scott we will

Sniper
07-21-2007, 07:29 PM
oh with scott we will

You couldn't do it with Larry Johnson, how can you do it with with Scott?

Hines
07-21-2007, 07:31 PM
You couldn't do it with Larry Johnson, how can you do it with with Scott?

maybe an off day

BufFan71
07-21-2007, 07:58 PM
COlorado with scott will beat michigan and psu.....

not really.....lol

Sniper
07-21-2007, 08:07 PM
COlorado with scott will beat michigan and psu.....

not really.....lol

When they make the jump to D-1 from intramurals.

BufFan71
07-21-2007, 08:09 PM
When they make the jump to D-1 from intramurals.

ouch...im gonna go put some ice on the burn.......

gotta love Hawkins...lol

Sniper
07-21-2007, 08:11 PM
ouch...im gonna go put some ice on the burn.......

gotta love Hawkins...lol

It wasn't meant as a diss to the CU program (though in hindsight it might be appropriate) just a reference to Hawkins. ;)

DWilliams2IndyColts
08-07-2007, 01:03 PM
So now it's PSU or FSU?

BufFan71
08-07-2007, 07:06 PM
CU?.........

DWilliams2IndyColts
08-08-2007, 10:15 AM
CU?.........I guess they're still in. But I don't get why a pure Tailback would still have Florida on his list.

BigJohn98
08-08-2007, 12:21 PM
My guess is Colorado(don't know why, no offense BufFan), Florida State, and Penn State.

Javzz
08-08-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm assuming this is pure speculation on y'alls part?

BufFan71
08-08-2007, 07:04 PM
My guess is Colorado(don't know why, no offense BufFan), Florida State, and Penn State.

no offense takin....i kno CU sucks lol

BigJohn98
08-08-2007, 07:17 PM
no offense takin....i kno CU sucks lol

Sucks is such a harsh word though. I'd use "downward spiral," kind of like what Florida State has been on since 2000.

BufFan71
08-08-2007, 07:41 PM
well i think in a few years CU will be pretty good...Dan Hawkins had a pretty successful recruiting class...and if he could grab Darrell Scott, and continue to develope the players.... i see why CU cant be good in a few years