3. Andre Woodson, Kentucky
4. John David Booty, USC
5. Erik Ainge, Tennessee
6. Matt Ryan, Boston College
7. Chad Henne, Michigan
8. Anthony Morelli, Penn St
9. Sam Keller, Nebraska
10. Matt Flynn, LSU

Tell me Morelli at 8 is a joke. It's decent list but Morelli isn't even in the top 20 quarterbacks. It's amazing what one bowl game can do to make people forget the first 12 games of the season. Other than that your list looks pretty good.

gator3guy
06-29-2007, 11:23 PM
I'm a little rusty but off the top of my head:

1. Brian Brohm
2. Colt Brennan
3. JD Booty
4. Andre Woodson
5. Chad Henne
6. Erik Ainge
7. Matt Ryan
8. Sam Keller (I expect him to make a jump up as the season progresses)
9. Nate Longshore*
10. Anthony Morelli (With his arm in an average class, he's gotta chance)

No too much to worry about as far as underclassmen.

TACKLE
07-01-2007, 10:32 AM
1. Andre Woodson, Kentucky
2. Brian Brohm, Louisville
3. Colt Brennan, Hawaii
4. JD Booty, USC
5. Matt Ryan, Boston College
6. Chad Henne, Michigan
7. Eric Ainge, Tennessee
8. Sam Keller, Nebraska
9. Matt Flynn, LSU
10. Joe Flacco, Delaware

Acreboy
07-01-2007, 10:45 AM
1. Brian Brohm, Louisville
2. John David Booty, USC
3. Andre Woodson, Kentucky
4. Colt Brennan, Hawaii
5. Erik Ainge, Tennessee
6. Matt Ryan, Boston College
7. Chad Henne, Michigan
8. Matt Flynn, LSU
9. Sam Keller, Nebraska
10. Anthony Morelli, PSU

CherryGarcia510
07-01-2007, 11:19 AM
1.Brian Brohm
2.Erik Ainge
3.Andre Woodson
4.JD Booty
5.Colt Brennan
6.Chad Henne
7.Matt Ryan
8.Sam Keller

Acreboy
07-01-2007, 11:24 AM
2.Erik Ainge

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n196/Acreboy/confusedchapelle.gif

coCANES17
07-01-2007, 11:55 AM
1. Brian Brohm Louisville
2. Andre Woodson Kentucky
3. Colt Brennan - Hawaii
4. John David Booty USC
5. Chad Henne Michigan
6. Matt Ryan Boston College
7. Erik Ainge Tennessee
8. Sam Keller Nebraska
9. Anthony Morelli Penn State
10. Josh Johnson San Diego
11. Ricky Santos New Hampshire
12. Blake Mitchell South Carolina
13. Matt Flynn LSU (Still don't get why everyone loves this kid)
14. Kyle Wright - Miami
15. Omar Haugabook Troy State
16. Paul Smith Tulsa
17. Dennis Dixon - Oregon
18. Brandon Cox - Auburn
19. Bret Meyer - Iowa State
20. Bernard Morris - Marshall

Paranoidmoonduck
07-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Just a cursory rankings for now.

1. Andre Woodson
2. Brian Brohm
3. Colt Brennan
4. Matt Ryan

foozball
07-01-2007, 06:36 PM
i think brohm and woodson are 1 and 2...woodson has the upside, but brohm has the polish. kinda like quinn and russell, but i think quinn's been a bit overrated his whole career due to notre dame.

i like booty over brennan. brennan's sidearm delivery is really ugly, even though he has the zip. hawaii's system skew his stats as well. at 6'3, he's a little shorter than ideal, and his sidearm release doesnt help him. booty does come from quarterback U, which i think makes him #3.

henne and ryan are probably in the next tier. ryan's size gives him the advantage. ainge in the next. ryan and henne seem to be tougher than ainge IMO. i think henne and brennan are similar. cannon arms, both a little short. henne has faced top competition and has a better delivery, which i think gives him the edge.

1 Brohm
2 Woodson
3 Booty
4 Ryan
5 Henne
6 Brennan
7 Ainge

Sniper
07-01-2007, 08:07 PM
13. Matt Flynn LSU (Still don't get why everyone loves this kid)

You as a Canes fan of all people should definitely get why everyone loves him.

Acreboy
07-01-2007, 08:16 PM
You as a Canes fan of all people should definitely get why everyone loves him. I agree

http://www.stageleft.info/blog-images/kelso_burn.gif

Michigan
07-01-2007, 10:47 PM
1. Brian Brohm
2. Chad Henne
3. John David Booty
4. Erik Ainge
5. Nate Longshore*
6. Matt Flynn
7. Andre Woodson
8. Colt Brennan
9. Matt Ryan
10. Chase Holbrook*

Acreboy
07-01-2007, 11:00 PM
1. Brian Brohm
2. Chad Henne
3. John David Booty
4. Erik Ainge
5. Nate Longshore*
6. Matt Flynn
7. Andre Woodson
8. Colt Brennan
9. Matt Ryan
10. Chase Holbrook*Your name would justify this.

coCANES17
07-01-2007, 11:55 PM
You as a Canes fan of all people should definitely get why everyone loves him.

First off I'm not a canes fan. Second, I forgot 1 game makes a career. That Miami Peach Bowl team quit before the game even started. I can't wait till LSU has 2 losses by early October and everyone starts flying off this kids bandwagon. To say Flynn is a better prospect then Brennan, Woodson, Booty, etc. just makes speechless.

Acreboy
07-02-2007, 12:27 AM
First off I'm not a canes fan. Second, I forgot 1 game makes a career. That Miami Peach Bowl team quit before the game even started. I can't wait till LSU has 2 losses by early October and everyone starts flying off this kids bandwagon. To say Flynn is a better prospect then Brennan, Woodson, Booty, etc. just makes speechless.No one has ever said he was better than them.

Might want to watch what you say before you say it.

Sniper
07-02-2007, 12:55 AM
First off I'm not a canes fan. Second, I forgot 1 game makes a career. That Miami Peach Bowl team quit before the game even started. I can't wait till LSU has 2 losses by early October and everyone starts flying off this kids bandwagon. To say Flynn is a better prospect then Brennan, Woodson, Booty, etc. just makes speechless.

Kind of like one game made JaMarcus Russell's career right? Brennan is an overhyped QB. He lacks arm strength and I believe is a product of the system, but I still have him ranked fairly high. Tell me where I said Flynn was above Brennan, Woodson and Booty. Please, I'm curious. And someone explain to me how Morelli keeps making top 10's?

Zyro_1014
07-02-2007, 01:15 AM
14. Kyle Wright - Miami

kyle wright? are you kidding me? the guy is horrid, and has not lived up to any of the hype he got coming out of high school. he may not even start.

Paranoidmoonduck
07-02-2007, 02:00 AM
Please, I'm curious. And someone explain to me how Morelli keeps making top 10's?

One of the best arms in the nation, has decent weapons, plays for a big school. Players that have the skills and the means to have breakout years typically get a certain amount of recognition.

Sniper
07-02-2007, 02:02 AM
The fact that he's been atrocious hasn't downplayed his attributes?

Paranoidmoonduck
07-02-2007, 03:48 AM
The fact that he's been atrocious hasn't downplayed his attributes?

Well I'm not the one who ranked him in the top 10, nor would I at this point. But players like Andre Woodson were atrocious until, quite suddenly, they weren't anymore. Morelli has everything you look for but production, and production is a funny thing in the college game.

ElectricEye
07-02-2007, 04:45 AM
Very early at this point. A ton of guys out there. The only guys who are really positioned firmly right now are Brohm and Brennan.
1.Brian Brohm -Louisville
2.Colt Brennan-Hawaii
3.Andre Woodson-Kentucky
4.Erik Ainge-Tennessee
5.Matt Ryan-Boston College
6.John David Booty-USC
7.Chad Henne-Michigan
8.Sam Keller-Nebraska
Really, it's mostly useless to talk about the other guys at this point
Some surprises with my list; Erik Ainge being high.
Ainge reminds me a ton of Drew Stanton, stockwise. All the talent in the world, but he's played on some bad teams...and him being wildly inconsistent hasn't helped. Last year was a step in the right direction, and while he still has a ton to prove, I think he can do it. He has high first round talent. If he doesn't, he could be a steal if he gets into the right hands.
I have Matt Ryan very high as well. I've watched Ryan for the past two years very closely...and he's just as talented as any of the other guys on this list. Very good height, good arm, and while the accuracy isn't always there, it should get better as time goes along.
I have JDB lower than a lot of people do...and theres not much of a reason for that. I'm simply not enamored with him. He's only started one year, and he was throwing too Steve Smith and Dwayne Jarrett. Beyond that, he didn't have super accuracy. But everyone from 5-8 is pretty much replaceable with each other IMO. So he'll probably move up.
Andre Woodson has a chance to pull a JaMarcus Russell and shoot up draft boards because of his size and arm. If he can replicate last years numbers, and give Kentucky a few more W's, then he could end the year as the top ranked quarterback.

coCANES17
07-02-2007, 07:14 AM
No one has ever said he was better than them.

1. Brian Brohm
2. Chad Henne
3. John David Booty
4. Erik Ainge
5. Nate Longshore*
6. Matt Flynn
7. Andre Woodson
8. Colt Brennan
9. Matt Ryan
10. Chase Holbrook*

Kind of like one game made JaMarcus Russell's career right? Brennan is an overhyped QB. He lacks arm strength and I believe is a product of the system, but I still have him ranked fairly high. Tell me where I said Flynn was above Brennan, Woodson and Booty. Please, I'm curious. And someone explain to me how Morelli keeps making top 10's?

The Sugar Bowl didn't make Russell's career it just solidified it. He was already being talked about being the top QB by scouts since November. I never said you specifically had him rated above them. Morelli is in line to have a big time season. He has talent he just struggeled like many first year quarterbacks usually do.

Sniper
07-02-2007, 07:17 AM
The Sugar Bowl didn't make Russell's career it just solidified it. He was already being talked about being the top QB by scouts since November. I never said you specifically had him rated above them. Morelli is in line to have a big time season. He has talent he just struggeled like many first year quarterbacks usually do.

He has talent he just has this amazing ability to not be able to read defenses. This is kind of necessary when you are a QB.

ElectricEye
07-02-2007, 07:30 AM
I've seen Morelli play 5 or 6 times now...and every time I've seen him I've never really said to myself "Wow, theres an NFL quarterback". I kinda agree with Sniper here. Arm strength can't always make up for the deficiencies in a guys game.
That being said, like a lot of guys, he has a chance to rise very high this year because of a very weak quarterback class. Only two guys have a legitimate first round grade right now, IMO. Pretty good depth here, but I don't see any superstars, franchise quarterbacks, besides maybe Brohm or Woodson if he lives up to his potential. And I have my doubts about those two as well.

Michigan
07-02-2007, 08:36 AM
Your name would justify this.

Henne has the tools to be the #2 QB. Scott agrees with me. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/future.html

Paranoidmoonduck
07-02-2007, 03:49 PM
Henne has the tools to be the #2 QB. Scott agrees with me. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/future.html

Read the discussion we just had about Morelli. Henne is better, but his inconsistency's are damning.

People need to realize that there are probably at least 20 or so quarterbacks capable of becoming a 1st round pick right now, if not a lot more. The tops of rankings right now tend to target those players who are both talented and have accomplished something, but it is understandable for the lower half of the rankings to list player who may not have the accomplishments, but certainly have the tools, and if things were to go right for them this year, could be very sought after players.

Acreboy
07-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Henne has the tools to be the #2 QB. Scott agrees with me. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/future.htmlHe also has some of the worst mechanics i've ever seen.

Paranoidmoonduck
07-02-2007, 04:40 PM
He also has some of the worst mechanics i've ever seen.

So did Bernie Kosar. I think the whole throwing mechanics issue is silly. Henne throws a beautiful ball most the time.

CARDIAC CAT 7
07-03-2007, 10:43 PM
1. Andre Woodson, Kentucky (Jay Cutler like situation , he looks like hes got everything you need to be a face of a franchise)
2. Brian Brohm, Louisville ( Safest QB to pick, nagging injuries and he can't run like Woodson puts him behind him)
3. Colt Brennan, Hawaii ( Everything to like about him except where he plays, while Brohm and Woodson battle for first QB to be chosen, he will be a Late First-Early Second Round Pick)
4. John David Booty, USC ( If he has a monster years he can become a 1st Round QB, but not real likely)
5. Matt Flynn, LSU ( Has talent but not even close to JaMarcus Russell, now he has his chance to shine)
6. Matt Ryan , Boston College ( Could become a quality backup in the NFL)
7. Chad Henne, Michigan ( Michigan is so loaded with offense talent QB is no difficult task for Henne)
8. Erik Ainge, Tennesse ( Not real consistent, and had difficulty hanging on to the starting job a couple years ago)
9. Anthony Morelli, Penn State ( Does everything well but nothing great)
10. Sam Keller, Nebraska ( Dont blame him for transfering, but Nebraskas QB history and Nebraskas offenses style wont help him much)

Im am sure that there will be new QBs entering and some of these leaving as the season starts up and continues, thats the beauty of football.

aheineken
07-04-2007, 11:22 AM
1. Brian Brohm
2. Andre Woodson
3. Colt Brennan
4. Erik Ainge
5. Matt Ryan
6. Chad Henne
7. J.D. Booty
8. Sam Keller
9. Josh Johnson
10. Matt Flynn