PDA

View Full Version : Live Free or Die Hard

MaxV
06-30-2007, 10:21 AM
I saw it yesterday. To be honest, I thought it wouldn't live up to the high standards that the previous "Die Hard" movies set.

This movie was GREAT. It lived up to those standards, and THEN SOME.

Bruce Willis, as John McLain, still kicks @$$.

There were some action scenes (especially the one with the Jet) in this movie that are better then anything in the previous "Die Hard" movies.

BigDawg819
06-30-2007, 11:23 AM
I saw it yesterday. To be honest, I thought it wouldn't live up to the high standards that the previous "Die Hard" movies set.

There were some action scenes (especially the one with the Jet) in this movie that are better then anything in the previous "Die Hard" movies.

My question is how can it live up to the DIE HARD standards with Al Powell or Zeus? Other then that it just looks like a spot fest in the previews. Either way I have to see it so whatever. Anyway check out this tribute song and vid to the Die Hard Series:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2039995214

HoopsDemon12
06-30-2007, 11:45 AM

im going to check that out tonight...fingers crossed its a good as you say

BigDawg819
06-30-2007, 11:46 AM
im going to check that out tonight...fingers crossed its a good as you say

Watch the vid I posted before you see, it'll pump you up for the movie. :D

PACKmanN
06-30-2007, 12:07 PM
yo when that car was in the air and it was all silent then when it hit the 2 cars with those 2 guys in the middle the impact was crazy in the movie theater.

MaxV
06-30-2007, 01:45 PM
My question is how can it live up to the DIE HARD standards with Al Powell or Zeus? Other then that it just looks like a spot fest in the previews. Either way I have to see it so whatever. Anyway check out this tribute song and vid to the Die Hard Series:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2039995214

I realize that recently we have been very disappointed with the trend of many mediocre sequals to, what were, great originals, but this movie DOESN'T follow that trend.

"Live Free or Die Hard" is, in itself, a GREAT movie.

Smokey Joe
06-30-2007, 01:50 PM
Die Hard 1 and 2 were great movies. The third one sucked. I haven't seen it, but from previews this one looks like an action filled one, but with a bad story line. I highly doubt it is anywhere near the standards of the first 2 diehards.

Scotty D
06-30-2007, 01:53 PM
I loved this movie. The part with the Warlock was great.

jayceheathman
06-30-2007, 01:56 PM
I loved this movie. The part with the Warlock was great.

I'm not much of a Bruce Willis fan. Never cared much for any of his movies.

MaxV
06-30-2007, 01:59 PM
Guys, like I've said, I thought I would be disappointed in this one, but I loved it.

nvot9
06-30-2007, 02:01 PM
Awesome, I'm gunna see it tonight with a friend, so I'll report back as well, hopefully I'm as enthusiastic about it as Max is :)

Eaglez.Fan
06-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Yeah, I saw it last night. It was great. Does anyone think that can actually happen, with the whole "firesale" thing...

MaxV
06-30-2007, 02:04 PM
Yeah, I saw it last night. It was great. Does anyone think that can actually happen, with the whole "firesale" thing...

No, I don't think so.

EDIT: I won't spoil it.

JT Jag
06-30-2007, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I saw it last night. It was great. Does anyone think that can actually happen, with the whole "firesale" thing...It is actually a known "technological doomsday" theory that has exhisted before the movie.

There are some elements of it that aren't nearly as practical as they are shown in the movie, though.

MaxV
06-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Awesome, I'm gunna see it tonight with a friend, so I'll report back as well, hopefully I'm as enthusiastic about it as Max is :)

I think you'll enjoy it.

diabsoule
06-30-2007, 02:12 PM
This movie looks terrible especially compared to the other Die Hard movies. All the other Die Hard's were rated R and this one is rated PG-13. Also, this one was directed by the guy who did the Underworld movies. Needless to say, it will blow.

nvot9
07-01-2007, 07:27 AM
It was awesome. I saw it last night. ACTION PACKED!!! Tons and tons of crazy action and stunts. Almost to the point that it was just ridiculously unrealistic. I liked it a lot, see it if you like actions movies. Kinda reminded me a bit of James Bond in the sense that it's a crazy action movie with some witty humor in there as well.

themaninblack
07-01-2007, 10:57 PM
die hard pg13? idk

Shiver
07-03-2007, 07:05 PM
This is the 2nd best Die Hard movie, behind only the original. I was pleasantly surprised. It was very good.

simms2clayton
07-03-2007, 07:25 PM
Idk...I think I would live free but it is a real toss up.

MaxV
07-03-2007, 07:56 PM
This is the 2nd best Die Hard movie, behind only the original. I was pleasantly surprised. It was very good.

Told you.

I too thought I would be disappointed by this one, as I have been by MANY sequals, but it was good.

rchrd
07-04-2007, 08:39 AM
I found it surprisingly good. I was losing interest fast at the start but it turned out to be a really good action flick.

sweetness34
07-04-2007, 09:54 AM
Yup, damn good movie. The first one's still the best (obviously), but this one is #2 on my list.

I read some reviews that said the story line was weak, and blah blah blah. It's not supposed to have a great story. It was advertised as all action. Blowing **** up, killing people, action, action, action. People who expected a really good story line did not get the previews they put out.

Die Hard movies are just great action flicks. They're man's movies.

sweetness34
07-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Btw his daughter is pretty damn hott IMO. Oh and Kevin Smith was awesome!

I also thought that Justin Long was very good. Shows he has some versatility in his acting.

MaxV
07-04-2007, 09:57 AM
Yeah, Kevin Smith as "Warlock" was very good.

themaninblack
07-04-2007, 09:39 PM
i thought it was awesome and like almost everyone else was expecting it to suck.

TitleTown088
07-04-2007, 09:45 PM
"Damn hamster"