PDA

View Full Version : Basketball Mesh

HoopsDemon12
06-30-2007, 05:04 PM
im going insane trying to put up new mesh on my basketball rim... anyone here know how to do it?

SuperKevin
06-30-2007, 05:05 PM
im going insane trying to put up new mesh on my basketball rim... anyone here know how to do it?

If you mean a new net then it's easy. take the larger of the two sides and put each triangle on each hook. Oh return that one and get a chain net. They are so much cooler

SeanTaylorRIP
06-30-2007, 05:44 PM
Chain Nets ruin your ball, but dude it's not that hard to put it. The top that is wider than the bottom just slip through rings.

Scotty D
06-30-2007, 05:45 PM
This topic is a little sad.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
06-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Lol, it's not that hard, like Ghetto said, the top is wider, and just follow the patterns and put it on... Doesn't take a basketball player to figure it out...

Cashmoney
06-30-2007, 11:28 PM
Dude tell me this is a joke. How can your SN be hoopsdemon but you dont know how to put a net on your rim?

DHVF
06-30-2007, 11:38 PM
what about those crazy string nets that you have to actually string on

BuckNaked
07-01-2007, 12:23 AM
I have a sexy chain net.

HoopsDemon12
07-01-2007, 11:26 AM
No i should have actually specified... the hooks underneath were designed in a diff way that normal... to suit the way the net looks... its actualyl pretty ***... i couldnt find a pic on the internet so i dont know why i still posted it... i just bought a whole new basketball net cause the that one was a piece of ****...

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
07-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Chain Nets ruin your ball, but dude it's not that hard to put it. The top that is wider than the bottom just slip through rings.

Chain nets will only ruin a leather ball, which you shouldn't be using outdoors anyway. Nothing sounds sweeter than hitting a shot in a chain net.

princefielder28
07-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Chain nets will only ruin a leather ball, which you shouldn't be using outdoors anyway. Nothing sounds sweeter than hitting a shot in a chain net.

That is a quality sound

DLS42
07-01-2007, 01:20 PM
And if you ever try and dunk your finger could get caught in there. its painful. ask gerald green.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
07-01-2007, 01:29 PM
And if you ever try and dunk your finger could get caught in there. its painful. ask gerald green.

I'm 5'9, don't need to worry about that...

Cashmoney
07-01-2007, 01:30 PM
I can barely get rim, besides when you have the game that i do, you dont need to take the easy way out of dunking.

GB12
07-01-2007, 01:33 PM
They put warnings on them saying to wear a mouth gaurd so you don't get your teeth caught in the net.......Ouch

SuperKevin
07-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Until dunks are worth 4 points I'll stick with shooting 3's

HoopsDemon12
07-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Just a question... can anyone here actually dunk besides me?

SeanTaylorRIP
07-01-2007, 03:16 PM

I can dunk, but I'm sure you are the only one here who can't but a net on the hoop, lol.

HoopsDemon12
07-01-2007, 03:17 PM
and i bought chain mesh for my new net so its all good... **** wallmart brand nets... my mom has no idea where to buy basketball stuff

HoopsDemon12
07-01-2007, 03:18 PM
I can dunk, but I'm sure you are the only one here who can't but a net on the hoop, lol.

you know that made me laugh a little bit haha ya... its funny most of the times the easiest tasks confuse the hell out of me... and then the complicated stuff i can do no prob... maybe its because i listen to explanations haha drives me boss insane

HoopsDemon12
07-01-2007, 03:20 PM

and whats the extent of your dunks? i have the two handed and the one handed ... i cant just ump straight up though.. i have to do like a lay up run up for two handed, im on air alert though so it is getting easier

yo123
07-01-2007, 03:21 PM

hell yeah. Sorry your not that special.

SeanTaylorRIP
07-01-2007, 03:23 PM
I can dunk straight up, always 2 hands, but in a game at the park i'll always just lay it up, I'm not the tallest guy, it's not like I'm doing 360's or windmills or nothing like that. I could grab the rim in 8th grade, and actually put it down like my sophomore year.

Bem1
07-01-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm 5'9, don't need to worry about that...

weak im 5'10'' and i can dunk

when i lower my hoop to 7 feet

Moses
07-01-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm 6' 4" and can't dunk ;)

SeanTaylorRIP
07-01-2007, 03:35 PM

Wow, that's pretty amazing.

Moses
07-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Wow, that's pretty amazing.

Knees of a 40-year old

HoopsDemon12
07-01-2007, 03:49 PM
hell yeah. Sorry your not that special.

i didnt think i was special haha... there are a lot of people that can dunk.. just not where i live... there are like 5 of us who actually play ball and can dunk... and 6' and cant dunk... thats not bad.. we havea 6'7 white kid who cant ****** dunk... sad

SuperKevin
07-01-2007, 03:58 PM

I dunked once in high school but haven't ever since

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
07-01-2007, 03:59 PM

How very sad.

I'm 5'9 and I can grab the rim, I just can't get high enough to put the ball in the hoop. When I played basketball I tried all kind of stuff to improve my vertical leap but to no avail. I just had to live with the fact that I'm vertically challenged. At least I could say that if I were 6'4, I'd be dunking like crazy...

HoopsDemon12
07-01-2007, 04:01 PM
How very sad.

I'm 5'9 and I can grab the rim, I just can't get high enough to put the ball in the hoop. When I played basketball I tried all kind of stuff to improve my vertical leap but to no avail. I just had to live with the fact that I'm vertically challenged. At least I could say that if I were 6'4, I'd be dunking like crazy...

the exact thing i tell my 6'7 of a plug center everyday of his life:)

Moses
07-02-2007, 09:59 AM
How very sad.

You do realize you wouldn't likely be as quick/fast/explosive if you were taller? It's no coincidence that bigger players are almost always less athletic. There was a guy who was 6' 6" on my team who couldn't dunk.

TitleTown088
07-02-2007, 12:36 PM

In college my dad's friend got his finger wrapped up in the net and when he came down it ripped that phalange right off. ouch.

BTW chain nets are for chumps. Nylon all the way.

TitleTown088
07-02-2007, 12:38 PM

I can. I'm a weirdo though because I can only jump off one foot to dunk. I wish I could use both so I could jump higher.

HoopsDemon12
07-02-2007, 12:44 PM
I can. I'm a weirdo though because I can only jump off one foot to dunk. I wish I could use both so I could jump higher.

like a lay-up start kinda thing?

Moses
07-02-2007, 12:44 PM
like a lay-up start kinda thing?

Isn't that how most people dunk?

HoopsDemon12
07-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Isn't that how most people dunk?

no some people jump better like just a two footed take off underneath net... i have a freind taht can do that... but cant jump as high when he doesw a lay-up way... some people just jump differently

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
07-02-2007, 12:57 PM
You do realize you wouldn't likely be as quick/fast/explosive if you were taller? It's no coincidence that bigger players are almost always less athletic. There was a guy who was 6' 6" on my team who couldn't dunk.

6'4" is nowhere near being too big and lumbering to have great athleticism. It's pretty close to average height. Quit making excuses for your lack of hops.

HoopsDemon12
07-02-2007, 12:58 PM
6'4" is nowhere near being too big and lumbering to have great athleticism. It's pretty close to average height. Quit making excuses for your lack of hops.

6'4 is the average hieght??!! where do you live... im huge and im 6'3

Moses
07-02-2007, 12:59 PM

Are you serious? Average height for a male in North America is like 5' 10". That' s 6 inches shorter. I know plenty of people who have less ups than me.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
07-02-2007, 01:04 PM
6'4 is the average hieght??!! where do you live... im huge and im 6'3

I said close to average. Average height of males in the US about 5'10". Being 5-6 inches above average doesn't make you a giant zombie with no athletic ability. Look at the NBA, a 6'4" guy would be a point guard and probably the most athletic guy on the court.

Moses
07-02-2007, 01:05 PM
I said close to average. Average height of males in the US about 5'10". Being 5-6 inches above average doesn't make you a giant zombie with no athletic ability. Look at the NBA, a 6'4" guy would be a point guard and probably the most athletic guy on the court.

Right, sorry I'm not an NBA-caliber athlete. Why would you even bother making that comparison?

HoopsDemon12
07-02-2007, 01:05 PM

ya but those guys are like rare man... i mean look how many players are in the nba... and then look how many of those guysyou find around the rest of the continent

-black
07-02-2007, 01:09 PM

lol.......your white

Moses
07-02-2007, 01:10 PM
lol.......your white

"You're".

Must be because you're black.

HoopsDemon12
07-02-2007, 01:11 PM
"You're".

i can jump thought and im not black... im the whitest you can get basically... skin color and personality:D

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
07-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Right, sorry I'm not an NBA-caliber athlete. Why would you even bother making that comparison?

Well, what would make you say that a 6'4" person cannot be as quick or explosive as a 5'9" person? Its simply not true, but still, it has nothing to do with me saying that I could have no problem dunking if I was 6'4". I know plenty of people your height who can dunk, and I'm not just talking about NBA-caliber athletes. You could have come up with a much better excuse for your lack of athleticism, or better yet, not mentioned the embarrassing fact that you're 6'4" and can't dunk.

Moses
07-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Well, what would make you say that a 6'4" person cannot be as quick or explosive as a 5'9" person? Its simply not true, but still, it has nothing to do with me saying that I could have no problem dunking if I was 6'4". I know plenty of people your height who can dunk, and I'm not just talking about NBA-caliber athletes. You could have come up with a much better excuse for your lack of athleticism, or better yet, not mentioned the embarrassing fact that you're 6'4" and can't dunk.

It's commonplace that smaller people are quicker/faster generally. Why do you think NBA-caliber athletes are so rare? It's tough to find a guy that is 6' 6" and can jump through the roof. Look at cornerbacks in the NFL. The vast majority are less than 6 feet because it is a position that requires an abundance of speed and quickness.

How is it embarassing that I can't dunk? Would you be embarassed if you couldn't bench press 250 pounds?

Moses
07-02-2007, 01:16 PM
i can jump thought and im not black... im the whitest you can get basically... skin color and personality:D

I don't know if it's true or not, but I've heard that black people have denser muscles which makes them more explosive athletes and also faster. Anybody know if that is true or not?

-black
07-02-2007, 01:17 PM
"You're".

precisely.....

Moses
07-02-2007, 01:20 PM
precisely.....

http://www.earfuzz.com/images/basketball/whitemen.jpg

-black
07-02-2007, 01:21 PM
http://www.earfuzz.com/images/basketball/whitemen.jpg

i bet you do imagine me as the loud-mouth, cocky, arrogant, self-absorbed, self repping, "black man" that Sidney was....and your the cool laid back, hustlin Billy Ho......

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
07-02-2007, 01:22 PM
It's commonplace that smaller people are quicker/faster generally. Why do you think NBA-caliber athletes are so rare? It's tough to find a guy that is 6' 6" and can jump through the roof. Look at cornerbacks in the NFL. The vast majority are less than 6 feet because it is a position that requires an abundance of speed and quickness.

How is it embarassing that I can't dunk? Would you be embarassed if you couldn't bench press 250 pounds?

Forget about NBA-caliber athletes. I wouldn't expect any average joe to be able to jump through the roof. With your height and arm length, your vertical leap is below high-school caliber if you can't dunk.

No, I wouldn't be embarassed that I can't bench 250 because I only weigh 160. I'd be willing to bet that, walking god's green earth, there are A LOT more people your size who can dunk than there are people my size who can bench 250.

Moses
07-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Forget about NBA-caliber athletes. I wouldn't expect any average joe to be able to jump through the roof. With your height and arm length, your vertical leap is below high-school caliber if you can't dunk.

No, I wouldn't be embarassed that I can't bench 250 because I only weigh 160. I'd be willing to bet that, walking god's green earth, there are A LOT more people your size who can dunk than there are people my size who can bench 250.

I would bet that there are more people my height who cannot dunk than can...

Moses
07-02-2007, 01:24 PM
i bet you do imagine me as the loud-mouth, cocky, arrogant, self-absorbed, self repping, "black man" that Sidney was....and your the cool laid back, hustlin Billy Ho......

When I play sports I'm a loudmouth. I'm a lot more like Sidney than I am like Billy.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
07-02-2007, 01:28 PM
I would bet that there are more people my height who cannot dunk than can...

Well no ****... that's not my point, nor was it ever. I'd bet that out of all people of your height and in your age range, who have decent athletic ability, more can dunk than cannot. I'm not saying that all 6'4" guys should be able to dunk. I'm just saying that you have a weak vertical leap if you can't.

Moses
07-02-2007, 01:34 PM
Well no ****... that's not my point, nor was it ever. I'd bet that out of all people of your height and in your age range, who have decent athletic ability, more can dunk than cannot. I'm not saying that all 6'4" guys should be able to dunk. I'm just saying that you have a weak vertical leap if you can't.

Average vertical leap for a Div 1 basketball player is 27-30 inches.

My standing reach is about 7' 10". That leaves 26 inches for me to just grab the rim. Add in the extra couple of inches to get the ball over the rim and actually cram it, and we're easily over 30 inches aren't we? Am I miscalculating something?

-black
07-02-2007, 01:35 PM
When I play sports I'm a loudmouth. I'm a lot more like Sidney than I am like Billy.

hockey?.........

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
07-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Average vertical leap for a Div 1 basketball player is 27-30 inches.

My standing reach is about 7' 10". That leaves 26 inches for me to just grab the rim. Add in the extra couple of inches to get the ball over the rim and actually cram it, and we're easily over 30 inches aren't we? Am I miscalculating something?

I'd certainly love to know where you got this from...

Moses
07-02-2007, 01:37 PM
hockey?.........

Hard to talk in hockey, unless it's after a whistle or something.

I mostly lip in basketball. I used to chirp a bit when I played soccer too.

HoopsDemon12

im a dirty trashtalking SOB when im on the court... its awesome... although the refs in the city all know me... they hate reffing me because technicals and flagrents are common place

Moses
I'd certainly love to know where you got this from...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/henkin6jjjj.htm

You don't think that's a realistic stat?

Moses
07-02-2007, 01:38 PM
im a dirty trashtalking SOB when im on the court... its awesome... although the refs in the city all know me... they hate reffing me because technicals and flagrents are common place

I've never gotten a technical because I only jaw quietly to the player I'm guarding or who is guarding me.

HoopsDemon12
07-02-2007, 01:39 PM
I've never gotten a technical because I only jaw quietly to the player I'm guarding or who is guarding me.

i do that too.... but if the ref gives me a ****** call... i get pissed sometimes... especially after a couple

SeanTaylorRIP
Offtopic but it reminds me I love Wesley Snipes but I was watching murder at 1600 yesterday, and it was awful.

-black
I trash talk....lol it was fun trash talkin Noel Devine this pas year....I remember saying "you aint gettin no more" like 100 times.....:(

Moses
07-02-2007, 01:40 PM
I trash talk....lol it was fun trash talkin Noel Devine this pas year....I remember saying "you aint gettin no more" like 100 times.....:(

I remember reading that Devine played in a really soft division. ;)

-black
07-02-2007, 01:41 PM
Offtopic but it reminds me I love Wesley Snipes but I was watching murder at 1600 yesterday, and it was awful.

he, or the movie?

Primetime21
07-02-2007, 01:42 PM

I have a friend who is 160 and can bench 285. He is only 17.

By the way, I am very much enjoying this "vertical" fight.

HoopsDemon12
07-02-2007, 01:43 PM
i actually have no idea what my vert is anymore.... in grade 9 it was 32... i have idea where its at now

-black
I remember reading that Devine played in a really soft division. ;)

well we dont play in his devision. We met in the playoffs....It was one of our schools best defenses ever....he ran for nearly 300 yards (296 i believe) :(

I have a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear....he had like 10 gears...and kept turning them on right when i thought i had a sure tackle

Moses

By the way, I am very much enjoying this "vertical" fight.

That's pretty crazy. A guy I workout with is about 170 or so I think and he can put up close to 300 pounds I believe.

Moses
well we dont play in his devision. We met in the playoffs....I was one of our schools best defenses every....he ran for nearly 300 yards (296 i believe) :(

I have a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear....he had like 10 gears...and kept turning them on right when i thought i had a sure tackle

The joys of playing against NFL talent as a 17/18/19 year old. ;)

SeanTaylorRIP
07-02-2007, 01:44 PM
he, or the movie?

Nah the movie he was good so was Diane Lane, but the movie was just painful to watch, predictable in every moment, and yeah infiltrating the white house shouldn't be that easy, lol, and the part about the president and his son sharing women was nasty.

Moses
07-02-2007, 01:44 PM
i actually have no idea what my vert is anymore.... in grade 9 it was 32... i have idea where its at now

That's pretty crazy, did you do any training to get it that high or just blessed?

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
07-02-2007, 01:45 PM
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/henkin6jjjj.htm

You don't think that's a realistic stat?

Considering the fact that the guy who wrote that article didn't bother to cite where he got that info from (unless I'm just missing it), no, I don't think it's very realistic. You mean to tell me that the average college BASKETBALL player has a vertical leap under 30 inches? I don't buy that for one second.

-black
07-02-2007, 01:45 PM
he was a cool guy....i was tried to recruit him for FSU.....at any rate im glad he qualified with so many people doubting him. Def can relate to him being in a rough enviornment, with a kid in HS..and the lack of parents. I will be rooting for him even tho he aint go to state

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
07-02-2007, 01:47 PM

Sure he can... :rolleyes:

Moses
07-02-2007, 01:51 PM
Considering the fact that the guy who wrote that article didn't bother to cite where he got that info from (unless I'm just missing it), no, I don't think it's very realistic. You mean to tell me that the average college BASKETBALL player has a vertical leap under 30 inches? I don't buy that for one second.

Even if that stat is false, it doesn't change the fact that I would need a 30+ inch vertical leap to dunk. That is a very high vertical leap by most people's accounts.

Primetime21
07-02-2007, 01:51 PM

Yea our point guard on our team thats going into 10 has like 31. I am his age and only have like 27. Matters how you are measuring it though. There is standing jump and then the one step jump.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
07-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Even if that stat is false, it doesn't change the fact that I would need a 30+ inch vertical leap to dunk. That is a very high vertical leap by most people's accounts.

I'd say 30 is average.

Primetime21
07-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Sure he can... :rolleyes:

http://argonauts.ca/Argos/History/ArgoHeroes/2004/06/18/504733.html

This is the guys Dad, so you could say hes got some good genes.

I'd say 30 is average.

Average for athletes, not the regular joe.

ricky bobby
07-02-2007, 02:07 PM
i didnt think i was special haha... there are a lot of people that can dunk.. just not where i live... there are like 5 of us who actually play ball and can dunk... and 6' and cant dunk... thats not bad.. we havea 6'7 white kid who cant ****** dunk... sad
I had kids in my school that are under 6 foot and came very close to dunking. It's not all about height.

- I'm 5'11" and I can only get rim.

- My brother is 6'3" and he used to do some pretty decent dunks and oops. Doesn't play much anymore.

- I have a cousin that's 6'4", and he can dunk. He Played division 1A basketball for the Minnesota Gophers some years back.

- I have another cousin that's 6'7" and he can't dunk. He's good at tennis and used to run cross country so his legs are pretty strong. I don't know why he can't dunk.

scottyboy
07-02-2007, 02:17 PM
im 6'2-ish going into junior year, and i cant dunk. I do have a bad ankle, and i need to lose some of the injury pounds for b-ball this year. i mean, last year, our schools big scorer is 6'5 and cant dunk. great player/athlete just has no ups, same with me. its just something people have or dont.

HoopsDemon12
07-02-2007, 02:19 PM
That's pretty crazy, did you do any training to get it that high or just blessed?

i got blessed... and now im training cause i want to be able to throw down sick dunks.. but ya a completly agree some people jsut are not born with the abilty to jump ... some are..

TitleTown088
07-02-2007, 02:20 PM
Who cares if you can dunk or not. As long as you can get the rock in the bucket, you're alright. Dunking is the most overrated part of basketball. Sure, it looks cool, but it's not a realistic shot during most sequences of the game. stroke the J , pass, and master slashing and you will be hard to stop.

-black
07-02-2007, 02:21 PM
I dont think no one is debating how important a dunk is to your overall game...I think they are just debating someones athleticism....or lack there of

scottyboy
07-02-2007, 02:22 PM
damn, you dont know how bad i wanna have an NFLDC hoops tournament...

HoopsDemon12
07-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Who cares if you can dunk or not. As long as you can get the rock in the bucket, you're alright. Dunking is the most overrated part of basketball. Sure, it looks cool, but it's not a realistic shot during most sequences of the game. stroke the J , pass, and master slashing and you will be hard to stop.

I dont think no one is debating how important a dunk is to your overall game...I think they are just debating someones athleticism....or lack there of

definatly... personally the mid range J i think is the best thing to add to your game... most important in my game by far... once that starts going... guys come up on me, so i drive by em... then you can play with theyre minds.. and for some reason people dont think i can hit threes so they leave me open.. until i hit 2 then i go cold cause theyre in my face:(

HoopsDemon12
07-02-2007, 02:24 PM
damn, you dont know how bad i wanna have an NFLDC hoops tournament...

That would be pretty freakin wicked i got to say

TitleTown088
07-02-2007, 02:28 PM
I dont think no one is debating how important a dunk is to your overall game...I think they are just debating someones athleticism....or lack there ofWell, everyone is placing extreme importance upon the ability to dunk, when it offers very little to the game. Unless of course you play in the NBA where you are paid to make many relatively lesser contested dunks. I hate to say this because I will sound like a hater of dunking. But usually dunks are regarded as important to those who know very little about the game itself.

HoopsDemon12
07-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Well, everyone is placing extreme importance upon the ability to dunk, when it offers very little to the game. Unless of course you play in the NBA where you are paid to make many relatively lesser contested dunks. I hate to say this because I will sound like a hater of dunking. But usually dunks are regarded as important to those who know very little about the game itself.

even if you know the game... a good dunk will always make you smile... its just in highschool atleast where i live its a big deal to be able to dunk cause not many people can... 2 of us in the school... **** one now... and thats me

-black
07-02-2007, 02:35 PM
im so out of shape....i havent worked out since the end of football season in december and i went to the courts yesterday to play...after about 7 minutes and a few dunks from me (trying to show out) i was heavily exausted...i felt dizzy and had to sub out...that was pretty embarassing to be that out of shape...i drank lile 5 cups of water and was still tired......i played garbage defense yesterday cuz i didnt have the enrgy to run full court and play at a high level....i seriously need to work out

TitleTown088
07-02-2007, 02:37 PM
even if you know the game... a good dunk will always make you smile... its just in high school at least where i live its a big deal to be able to dunk cause not many people can... 2 of us in the school... **** one now... and thats me
Well obviously it's exciting to see, especially in high school. However, like i stated, it really isn't an overly important element of the game.

TitleTown088
07-02-2007, 02:38 PM
im so out of shape....i havent worked out since the end of football season in december and i went to the courts yesterday to play...after about 7 minutes and a few dunks from me (trying to show out) i was heavily exausted...i felt dizzy and had to sub out...that was pretty embarassing to be that out of shape...i drank lile 5 cups of water and was still tired......i played garbage defense yesterday cuz i didnt have the enrgy to run full court and play at a high level....i seriously need to work out Don't worry, typing on the computer all day will give you a nice six pack and marathon runner ability.

HoopsDemon12
07-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Well obviously it's exciting to see, especially in high school. However, like i stated, it really isn't an overly important element of the game.

oh its not important at all.... but if you could dunk as easily as you can do a lay-up.... then i would place it in in stead of throwing it in

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
07-02-2007, 02:56 PM
oh its not important at all.... but if you could dunk as easily as you can do a lay-up.... then i would place it in in stead of throwing it in

Why? A dunk is the higest percentage way to score. You have a better chance of missing a lay-up than a dunk (assuming you're comfortable dunking).

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
07-02-2007, 02:58 PM
im so out of shape....i havent worked out since the end of football season in december and i went to the courts yesterday to play...after about 7 minutes and a few dunks from me (trying to show out) i was heavily exausted...i felt dizzy and had to sub out...that was pretty embarassing to be that out of shape...i drank lile 5 cups of water and was still tired......i played garbage defense yesterday cuz i didnt have the enrgy to run full court and play at a high level....i seriously need to work out

I know what you mean. I recently started playing tennis again, and for like the first week after barely an hour of playing I was so tired that my serves started hitting the net quite frequently.

HoopsDemon12
07-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Why? A dunk is the higest percentage way to score. You have a better chance of missing a lay-up than a dunk (assuming you're comfortable dunking).

sorry if i typed it the wrong way .. but thats what i meant

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
07-02-2007, 03:01 PM
sorry if i typed it the wrong way .. but thats what i meant

Ahh, okay. "Throw it in" sounded more like a dunk, and "place it in" sounded like a lay-up, to me at least. "Throw it in" sounds more fierce.

HoopsDemon12
07-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Ahh, okay. "Throw it in" sounded more like a dunk, and "place it in" sounded like a lay-up, to me at least. "Throw it in" sounds more fierce.

haha my bad... ill chalk it to me being ******** on a monday

-black
07-02-2007, 03:09 PM
I know what you mean. I recently started playing tennis again, and for like the first week after barely an hour of playing I was so tired that my serves started hitting the net quite frequently.

tip

if there is white dude at a mostly african american dominated court....pick the white boy

there was this one white dude there....we gave him the nickname Larry Bird...he wasnt really fast, didnt have great handles. But he was so technically sound. Played great D, rebounded, found the open man, was money from a mid range jumper, and have outstanding stamina. He played 5 straight games ONLY to rest during the 5 minutes where teams were re-picked when losers had to get off the court. I was very impressed.....lol I did all the trash talkin pregame, but I apoligised to him after the 1st game where I was tired (he scored nearly all of our points or made the assist)...I was like "my bad man for being so out of shape and not helpin u out all that much"

he smiled at me and was like "just keep dunking" lol....I think that was a backhanded compliment :(

ricky bobby
07-02-2007, 03:15 PM
I played tennis with Maria Sharapova recently. Oh wait, that was just my dream.

GB12
07-02-2007, 03:16 PM
I played tennis with Maria Sharapova recently. Oh wait, that was just my dream.

If I have a dream about Maria Sharapova we won't be playing tenis

-black
07-02-2007, 03:17 PM
i'd hit serena williams from the back on the tennis court.....

**prepares for hate**

awfullyquiet
07-02-2007, 03:18 PM
i can only dunk on a fisher price basketball set.

basketball + me = not very good.

ricky bobby
07-02-2007, 03:23 PM
If I have a dream about Maria Sharapova we won't be playing tenis
lol, Yeah.
i'd hit serena williams from the back on the tennis court.....

**prepares for hate**
Maria Sharapova > Anna Kournakova >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Williams sisters.

Sharapova is a 6'3" blonde goddess. No comparison there.

-black
07-02-2007, 03:26 PM
i dont care.....Serena has booty of all booty.....i'd just wanna hit it once....with the lights off

TitleTown088
07-02-2007, 03:32 PM
tip

. But he was so technically sound. Played great D, rebounded, found the open man, was money from a mid range jumper, and have outstanding stamina. He played 5 straight games ONLY to rest during the 5 minutes where teams
I think you just described every white basketball player who is any good.

ricky bobby
07-02-2007, 03:33 PM
i dont care.....Serena has booty of all booty.....i'd just wanna hit it once....with the lights off
I look at the face more than the booty.

Man this thread got jacked. Did that guy figure out how to put the net on yet?

-black
07-02-2007, 03:34 PM
I look at the face more than the booty.

Man this thread got jacked. Did that guy figure out how to put the net on yet?

i look at the booty more than the face......well when im smashing at least

thread should be locked at this point......

-black
07-02-2007, 03:35 PM

lol.......................

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
07-02-2007, 03:38 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTFKROPkhRc&eurl=

I hate that kid, but just watch the first 8 seconds of the video.