PDA

View Full Version : Vote MLB Prospect Draft: Durham vs. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
07-01-2007, 01:08 PM
The Durham Bulls and Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees will be facing off in a best of five series, please vote for which team that you feel would prevail in the five game series. Please feel free to leave comments on the teams or comments to why you voted a certain way.

http://www.fis.ncsu.edu/hr/wolfperks/images/bullogo.jpg
Durham Bulls

Lineup:
1. Jason Heyward OF
2. Reid Brignac SS
3. Justin Upton OF
4. Ryan Braun 3B
5. Billy Butler OF
6. Bill Rowell DH
7. Matt LaPorta 1B
8. Chris Couglan 2B
9. Devin Morasco C

I have Heyward leading off. In my eyes he is like Grady Sizemore in the sense that he is not a prototypical leadoff hitter but will provide both speed on the bases and power from the top. Second if have Brignac who to me is a prototypical 2 hole hitter. 3rd i have Upton who is a no brainer, providing a nice average as well as plentiful extra base hits. Hitting cleanup i have Ryan Braun who just rakes. He will provide 35-40 hr's with many rbis. 5th i have Billy Butler who can flat out hit and will help Braun drive in runs. 6th i have Billy Rowell who will provide ridiculous raw power and is another hitter who can hit 35-40 hr's. 7th i have Matt LaPorta who will hit 7th only because of the other talented hitters on this team. He will provide an insane amount of power and production from the 7th hole. Chris Couglan will do fine in the 8 hole hitting for average and a bit of power and Devin Morsasco will do what he can in the 9 hole and will show his 5 tools both at the dish and behind the plate catching.

Bench:
Angel Villalona
Elvis Andrus
Eric Duncan

This bench is all upside. If Villalona lives up to his potential he will be the next Miguel Cabrera. The hype is there and we have already seen he can hit and hit with power at only 16 years of old. Another phenom, Andrus has shown his skill at only 17. Both of these players can be truly special. Duncan will provide solid power and can play both 3rd and 1st.

Pitching Rotation:
1)Andrew Miller
2)Joba Chamberlain
3)Bryan Bullington
4)Kyle Drabek
5)Jarrod Parker

Starting it off will be the ace of the staff Andrew Miller. His lefty presence and excellent stuff will provide numerous ground balls and plenty of wins. Joba Chamberlain will provide ace numbers while 2nd in the rotation and will go under the radar while performing extraordinary. Bullington will live up to the hype he was given when drafted #1 overall in 2002 and will be a solid starter in the big leagues. My 4th and 5th starters are all about upside and i think both can be absolutely dominant. Drabek can hit 97mph and will make all the teams that passed on him regret basing their decision on his makeup. Parker has everything you look for in a pitcher and although he is undersized, will put up Roy Oswalt numbers while pitching from the back of the rotation

Bullpen:
RP: Dellin Betances
Closer: Andrew Carignan

Betances will be converted in a relief role where he can go all out with his unbelievable raw talent. He will not have to worry about going easy and i think he will be untouchable as a set up man. Carignan has proven at UNC that he has what it takes to be an excellent closer and i see no reason why he does not continue his success in the big leagues.

VS

http://www.lackawannacounty.org/uploads/events/574.gif
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees

Batting Lineup
1. 2B Alberto Callapso
2. OF Hunter Pence
3. OF Colby Rasmus
4. 3B Andy Laroche
5. OF Dexter Fowler
6. DH Travis Snider
7. 1B Chris Parmelee
8. C Kurt Suzuki
9. SS Brent Lillibridge

This lineup is destined to score run after run with top stars like Pence, Rasmus, Laroche, and Fowler. At the top of the lineup, we have second basemen Alberto Callapso who will certainly not hit for power, but for contact. He is also a great defensive player who will make those double plays happen often. Hitting behind Callapso is the outfielder Hunter Pence. If you don't know him, you don't know baseball. He has been a rookie sensation this year for the Astros who is a five-tool player. Colby Rasmus is another five-tool player who will throw out those runners at home plate. Third basemen Andy Laroche is hitting cleanup for us because well...he's a power hitter. Just as you think you've heard it all you got yet another five-tool player in Dexter Fowler. Don't forget Travis Snider who has emerged as one of the elite prospects is hitting 6th because well...I got even better players in front of him believe it or not. Towards the end of my lineup, you have Chris Parmelee, Kurt Suzuki. Parmelee has got good power in him, Suzuki is above average for a catcher, and Lillibridge will be making good contact. Overall, my lineup features star players in their most productive position in the field and in the lineup.

Bench Players
SS Brendan Harris
3B Matt Dominguez
OF Trevor Crowe

With guys like Brendan Harris and Trevor Crowe backing up my starters, if one of them goes down, they will be right there to fill the need. Matt Dominguez was just drafted and will be mentored by our coaches to help him fulfull his potential.

Starting Rotation
1. Philip Hughes
2. Matt Garza
3. Adam Miller
4. Jacob McGee
5. Gio Gonzalez

This starting rotation is THE best in the bizz. Hughes, Garza, Miller, McGee, and Gonzalez? You're probably thinking, "Holy ****?!?" Hughes, Garza, and Miller could be aces of their respective squads. McGee and Gonzalez could qualify as #2 pitchers. However, we have Hughes as our ace, Garza as our #2, Miller being our third, McGee as our 4th, and Gonzalez as our 5th. Just sickening.

Bullpen Relief
SU Hideki Okajima
CL Troy Patton

Hideki Okajima has been lights out for the Red Sox. He's much older than other players, but he still qualifies as a rookie. Troy Patton is a starter converted to a closer, and I think the transition will be more than easy for him. He's got the right stuff to close out games in the clutch.

princefielder28
07-01-2007, 01:10 PM
I went with Durham b/c they have some quality bats in the middle of that lineup

Scorch
07-01-2007, 02:01 PM
His pitching sucks ass...my pitching would shut down him down.

This is why we should've done judges...the general public doesn't know **** about prospects.

CherryGarcia510
07-01-2007, 09:57 PM
My pitching is no where near **** plus my hitters are unstoppable

Scorch
07-01-2007, 10:00 PM
My pitching is no where near **** plus my hitters are unstoppable

Philip Hughes = Andrew Miller
The rest of my pitchers are greater than yours. Matt Garza, Adam Miller, and Jacob McGee are all ace pitchers if you know anything about prospects.

CherryGarcia510
07-01-2007, 10:27 PM
And i know Joba Chamberlain cancels out Garza. Now your remaining pitchers are probably better but my hitting easily makes up for this. And i do know prospects

Scorch
07-01-2007, 10:29 PM
And i know Joba Chamberlain cancels out Garza. Now your remaining pitchers are probably better but my hitting easily makes up for this. And i do know prospects

I'm a Yankee fan. I'll be 100% honest and say that Matt Garza is better than Joba Chamberlain. Joba is probably equivalent to Jacob McGee and better than Gio Gonzalez.

KCJ58
07-02-2007, 01:00 AM
Andy La Roche and Hunter Pence not to mention Philip Hughes

Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees have the better team

Xiomera
07-02-2007, 10:58 AM
I picked the Durham team. Andrew Miller = God

Scorch
07-02-2007, 04:44 PM
I picked the Durham team. Andrew Miller = God

See, people pick the team with their player on their favorite team.

Xiomera = Detroit Fan.