PDA

View Full Version : Best Regions for positions

Jericho@SC
07-01-2007, 06:58 PM
I don't have any statistical data backing this up, but does it ever seem like certain regions or states are particularly ripe with a certain position?

Yea yea, the SEC honks will come out and say "The best players from every position come from the south!" But I for one think that Quarterbacks grow on trees in California. The last couple years, Louisiana is where the stud DT's are at. Texas always has the best beefy O linemen.

I'm trying to find out which other regions are the best for certain positions, so feel free to chime in.

reese
07-01-2007, 07:05 PM
quarterbacks come from PA...if im not mistaken..marino,montana,jim kelly..and i think there are 2 more really big names from there 2...but all those guys are old

504 to ATL
07-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Cant argue with DT from Louisiana, nor Guards/Tackles from Texas.

The Penn region/Big Ten country are the LB's.

Florida producing some good WR's lately.

I dont know the which regions dominate for today's/present RB's or DB's?

QB is definitely debatable.

Gchu83
07-02-2007, 01:32 PM
I would have to say that the South puts out the best RBs...

Past RBs: Earl Cambell (Texas), Eric Dickerson (Texas), Jim Brown (Georgia), Walter Payton (Mississippi)

Current RBs: Cedric Benson (Texas), Adrian Peterson (Texas), LT (Texas), Warrick Dunn (Louisiana)

NY+Giants=NYG
07-02-2007, 01:39 PM
quarterbacks come from PA...if im not mistaken..marino,montana,jim kelly..and i think there are 2 more really big names from there 2...but all those guys are old

Dan Marino
Broadway Joe
Montana,
Jim Kelly
Johnny Unitas
George Blanda.

That's what I got so far.

mqtirishfan
07-02-2007, 01:53 PM
Hard to argue with PA for QBs. Terrelle Pryor is the next big PA quarterback.

I'd say Florida is a good place for LBs.

Newbs24
07-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Henne is gonna be added to that list of great PA quarterbacks.

reese
07-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Dan Marino
Broadway Joe
Montana,
Jim Kelly
Johnny Unitas
George Blanda.

it must be somethin in the water

reigle9
07-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Dan Marino
Broadway Joe
Montana,
Jim Kelly
Johnny Unitas
George Blanda.

All from the Pittsburgh area.

keylime_5
07-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Between Ohio and Pennsylvania are tons of great linebackers. Seems like every single year a great LB comes out of those 2 states. (just look at the history of great LBs at Ohio State and Penn State.)

DWilliams2IndyColts
07-02-2007, 05:20 PM
WRs come from Virginia.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
07-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Athletes in Florida and Georgia, and some good QB's came outta FL too.

keylime_5
07-02-2007, 09:40 PM
WRs come from Virginia.

And so do scrambling QBs right? Allen Iverson, Aaron Brooks, Michael Vick, Marcus Vick, EJ Manuel.

simms2clayton
07-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Anybody read that article in an ESPN Mag about some area in FL where WRs come from?

It was really cool...these kids learn to run by chasing rabbits (to kill them for their skins and sell for a small amount of money) on corn fields with all kinds of tar on them.

One of my favorite sports features i have ever read

NY+Giants=NYG
07-03-2007, 07:42 AM
All from the Pittsburgh area.

Yeah, I actually have family in Pittsburgh, and best friend from college lives is from there as well, and I hear about all these qbs all the time.

gstock05
07-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Definitely linebackers in Ohio.

AJ Hawk, Chris Spielman, Bobby Carpenter, Andy Katzenmoyer (before the back injury), Pepper Johnson, Mike Vrabel, just to name a few recent guys.