PDA

View Full Version : Do You Have a Plan?

ny10804
07-01-2007, 10:02 PM
OK, here's the situation: the world's being overrun by zombies. There's been an outbreak in your town, and it's not uncommon to look out your window and see a zombie chasing another person or animal.

What do you do? Where will you go? What supplies/transportation/weapons will you find/use?

I'll give my answer in a little while.

(really bored tonight and just read about the planned "World War Z" movie coming out in '08...)

nvot9
07-01-2007, 10:04 PM
I put on "Don't stop Me Now" by queen, get out some pool sticks, and start beating the Zombies down like hell.

Some people will get this, some won't....most won't.

M.O.T.H.
I'd hold up camp at the Winchester.

M.O.T.H.
I put on "Don't stop Me Now" by queen, get out some pool sticks, and start beating the Zombies down like hell.

Some people will get this, some won't....most won't.

dammit...you beat me to making a joke about the same movie...ugh.

ny10804
07-01-2007, 10:06 PM
"A man whose idea of a romantic nightspot and an impenetrable fortress are the same thing!"

Scorch
07-01-2007, 10:06 PM
lol...I saw that movie...

ElectricEye
07-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Yes. Yes I do. First things first, I would drive to a local airport and steal a Helicopter. That way I can have something that will not only allow me to fly wherever I want, but more importantly land wherever I need too. Obviously, after that I would need to acquire weapons in case of a zombie encounter. After that, theres really nothing else to do but try to survive. Go around getting food, ect.
If I was in the government, I would try to have something built in the sea. Easier to combat zombies in the sea, and in most movies and other media with zombies in it, zombies don't swim.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
07-01-2007, 10:09 PM
i'd try to become their leader, odds are it would fail and i'd die.

ccB
07-01-2007, 10:09 PM
IM going to the Walmart down the street, I will lock the doors and see how long I can last on whats there.

M.O.T.H.
07-01-2007, 10:10 PM
I had a dream like this yesterday...but, they were zombies because, little slug aliens were in their brains...it was an awesome dream...it was like a blockbuster movie. Who was the star??? This guy right here. :)

ccB
07-01-2007, 10:13 PM
My friends and I have talked about this topic a few times while we shared an herbal treat, I believe this topic has also been brought up in mIRC before.

nvot9
07-01-2007, 10:21 PM
Lmao it's funny that two people new exactly what I was talking about haha.

ny10804
07-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Yes, I will admit that control of the sea would be very important, BUT DOGS CAN LOOK UP.

Anyway, here's my plan:

1. Get my cellphone, take a big knife from the kitchen, grab some fuel tank things and the ax from my garage, get in my minivan, head to a gas station, and fill the car and the tanks up.

2. Rush back home, get my parents in the car and drive to a gun-store in rural Pennsylvania. If the owner is still there, I'll have to bribe him to let me use some of his rifles and ammo. If he's not, free guns and ammo for everybody!

3. With the guns/ammo in tow, I check my phone to see if there's service. If there is, as there likely would be for at least a few more days, I call up my friends *in the order that I would want to team up with them*.

4. As I drive to them to regroup, I keep my eyes peeled for any gas stations. If I find one, I re-up on gas.

5. With my parents and my friend + whomever's with him, we find a place to build a stronghold, preferably a walmart with food and ammo, and make camp.

6. While there we formulate an escape plan in the event we are overrun by zombies. In that event, we will drive in whatever direction appears clear.

7. At some point, we will use a radio to discover if the government is going to do anything about the problem. If there's a secured area, we make that our destination (got this from 28 days later). We round up however much ammo/food/water we can fit into our car(s).

8. We will always be on the look out for gas stations and/or car dealerships: more/better cars can only help our effort.

9. We never stop moving.

10. Once we reach the secure area, we wait it out.

After that, I have no plan...

ElectricEye
07-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Lmao it's funny that two people new exactly what I was talking about haha.

I got it. Great movie :p

Scott Wright
07-01-2007, 10:36 PM
I call up my friends *in the order that I would want to team up with them*

Very nice :)

Damix
07-01-2007, 10:37 PM
Get bitten

Being a zombie would kick ass

Ravens1991
07-01-2007, 10:46 PM
now are the zombies taking over the world or just your specific town? If it is the world I whip this baby out http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m249-short-saw.gif

and show them whos boss and eventually die w/ honor

If it is my town I need to decide if it is a winable situation, I saw a video from Army Ranger training school on youtube and the instructor said this "If I have a knife and he has a knife, I am not gonna let him know I have a knife, if he has a knife and I dont have a knife I am just gonna leave". I thought of that and I will need to decide if it is a winnable situation or not. I would call elite friends of mine, it is darwinism in a situation like this only the strong survive. I jack me neighboors hummer(he is a small dude, my one friend can kick his ass, leave him for the zombies since it is darwinism ya know) this gives us a SVU that can kill zombies, and transport cargo and people. I go to my local Wal Mart, gather up all the food, guns and so on needed to kill the zombies. I gather up all the cats I can find(I am a dog person so I cant kill puppies) and put them in a small area, thus atracting the zombies. W/ Car batteries and supplies from target I also made a couple of home made explosives I buried in the ground. I set them off and have my friends snipe all the zombies possible w/ our supplies from WalMart. Hopfully that is enough zombies so there may just be a couple of stragglers that we can ride around in our hummer and kill them.

ny10804
07-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Very nice :)

If I could choose anyone, my order of preference would be:

1. Max Brooks | the guy who wrote the zombie survival book, pretty self-explanatory

2. Bear Grylls | he knows how to survive, which is kinda the #1 objective

23045498532. Paris Hilton | constant complaints/bitchiness, and if cannibalism were to set in, she'd be useless nutritionally

ny10804
07-01-2007, 10:49 PM
now are the zombies taking over the world or just your specific town?

Both. It's just reaching your specific town.

If I knew death was imminent, I'd put the bushido code into motion and go seppuku with whatever weapon I was using. Gun would be preferable, sword painful, and if I was holding a baseball bat, I'd say "f*** the code!" and go out swinging.

Tobzilla
07-01-2007, 11:31 PM
I'd join them...resistance is futile.

Xonraider
07-01-2007, 11:41 PM
If zombies come to earth I'd go all saddam hussein on them... and by that I mean hide in a hole and let me beard grow

jballa838
07-01-2007, 11:45 PM
i'd just turn off RE4 if i die...
:)

Primetime21
07-01-2007, 11:51 PM
Probaly steal a cargo plane, fill it with ammo/guns/food/fuel/bottled water. Quickly pick up Jessica Biel/Simpson/Alba. Head to a nice Carribian island and start a nudist organization.
But thats just me.

M.O.T.H.
07-01-2007, 11:53 PM
Probaly steal a cargo plane, fill it with ammo/guns/food/fuel/bottled water. Quickly pick up Jessica Biel/Simpson/Alba. Head to a nice Carribian island and start a nudist organization.
But thats just me.

Nudist organization? nah, you just have to start the re-population of earth.

BuckNaked
07-01-2007, 11:54 PM
But thats just me.

Just try not to drain yourself, we're counting on you.

awfullyquiet
07-02-2007, 12:21 AM
first of all, i don't see what's wrong with being a zombie.
secondly.
i know where the national guard is.
i will head in there.
four feet of concrete walls. twelve feet high. five feet of razor wire. ammo. tanks. all sorts of goodies. and lots of army meals.

Primetime21
07-02-2007, 12:23 AM
Nudist organization? nah, you just have to start the re-population of earth.

I guess I would fill up on some "day after pills" so I can keep them all in peak physical condition.........just in case the zombies fight us, no personal reasons.

Brodeur
07-02-2007, 01:28 AM
If Zombies ever came near me, I'd find this man to stop them:

http://noelio.blogia.com/upload/_ash.jpg

Primetime21
07-02-2007, 01:30 AM
If Zombies ever came near me, I'd find this man to stop them:

http://noelio.blogia.com/upload/_ash.jpg

(Awaits picture of Chuck Norris to be inserted)

islandboy843
07-02-2007, 01:38 AM
I'll chill with this guy

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2006/10/27/rambo_narrowweb__300x420,0.jpg

drowe
07-02-2007, 10:55 AM
ok, i'm operating under the assumption that getting attacked (and killed) by a zombie would cause me to turn into a zombie.

so, i'd give up easily.

i figure, a life of running around eating the brains of people i don't like is waaaay better than a life of running from zombies.

NIN1984
07-02-2007, 11:02 AM
I would go to the mall

TitleTown088
07-02-2007, 12:29 PM
I'd be up on top of a tall building with my .270 and my buddy who happens to be a gunsmith who made a fully automatic .300 win mag. I suppose I'd bring my scatter gun up there with me for close combat too.

Damn, I think I just had a flashback to the movie Tremors. God bless you Kevin Bacon.

HoopsDemon12
07-02-2007, 12:36 PM
ya ... im not really resourcefull... so i would probabaly be the first to die... but that isnt a bad thign really.. lesser of two evils?

simms2clayton
07-02-2007, 12:47 PM
I would get in my car and get some gas and move.

-black
07-02-2007, 12:52 PM
this threadis funny, because there is actually a "Zombie survival guide" that I read ealier this year....it was around 300 pages long and was so funny because it was so detail oriented....if there ever was an outbreak, i'd be way more prepared than any of you;)

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
07-02-2007, 01:09 PM
I'd start my own religion preaching salvation. And then use my followers to keep the zombies off of me until I could escape.

Shiver
07-02-2007, 01:14 PM
I would go to the Country, as far away from the major population centers. Less people means less potential for zombies, by default. Not to mention a small country home, with an open field surrounding it, would be much easy to defend. All it would take is a few people and a few rifles.

BufFan71
07-02-2007, 01:20 PM
umm..... get an atomic bomb.....get on it. have someone fire it...and say goodbye to everyone

Primetime21
07-02-2007, 01:26 PM
I would go to the Country, as far away from the major population centers. Less people means less potential for zombies, by default. Not to mention a small country home, with an open field surrounding it, would be much easy to defend. All it would take is a few people and a few rifles.

I think a small island is the best way to go. Surronded by water. A place like Fort Sumter.

drowe
07-02-2007, 01:56 PM
ok, people. you're choosing to isolate yourselves on a deserted island or desolate farm land for the rest of your life. what are you gonna do the whole time? think about it. if the world is gonna be taken over by zombies, the world is gonna be taken over by zombies. just go with it. eat some brains, keep an open mind. ya might like it.

because really, i don't recall people taking up arms and running for the hills 6.5 years ago, when the country was taken over by a brain-dead killer.

:)

ny10804
07-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Hey look! It's a line!

______________ !

And it was just crossed!

But, back on topic, it'd be semi-fun evading zombies.

As most of us have realized, the hardest part would be sustaining supplies. An uninhabitated tropical island would be best: you're isolated, there's wildlife and fruit to eat, fresh water to drink (from a stream or something), and you would have the supplies (wood, vines, w/e) to make a boat if need be.

rchrd
07-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Load up on smokes and see where the night takes me.

I have a problem with apathy and general laziness so the zombie life doesn't seem so bad anyway. In fact, if I could be bothered i'd probably go seek them out and 'enlist'.

ATLDirtyBirds
07-02-2007, 02:44 PM
What I would do, is stay in my house. The zombies are going to find me no matter what. **** it, I'll be lazy.

BuckNaked
07-02-2007, 02:47 PM
I would either find a tractor and run them over or lead them into the water so they can drown, because I doubt zombies can swim.

PoopSandwich
07-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Winslow will save us all...

PoopSandwich
07-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Omg if Winslow was a zombie we'd be screwed.

-black
07-02-2007, 03:24 PM
how come this thread can remain but some of my threads have been deleted and locked? just curious....

ricky bobby
07-02-2007, 03:26 PM
This is a great thread. Made me really think.

I'd probably go find Pacman and Tank Johnson and hang out with them if zombies ever invaded.

BuckNaked
07-02-2007, 03:26 PM
how come this thread can remain but some of my threads have been deleted and locked? just curious....

Well, they probably could've viewed your last thread as sexist. I didn't see a problem with any of your other ones.

ricky bobby
07-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Well, they probably could've viewed your last thread as sexist. I didn't see a problem with any of your other ones.
I know geez. We have a female on the board. And you know she would have completely wrecked you -black.

-black
07-02-2007, 03:32 PM
I know geez. We have a female on the board. And you know she would have completely wrecked you -black.

the thread was not sexist at all....if anything I was wondering why it seems the ratio for men-women is heavily stacked in the womans favor. I was hoping to bring statistics and see who/why/and when this ratio slowly started tilting. I actually think its cool that there were so many women running this at my job....but it was kinda suprising...Its a very interesting subject to me

BuckNaked
07-02-2007, 03:34 PM
the thread was not sexist at all....if anything I was wondering why it seems the ratio for men-women is heavily stacked in the womans favor. I was hoping to bring statistics and see who/why/and when this ratio slowly started tilting. I actually think its cool that there were so many women running this at my job....but it was kinda suprising...Its a very interesting subject to me

Hooray for suffrage!

ricky bobby
07-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Well where do you work?

-black
07-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Well where do you work?

http://www.ablebody.com/

TitleTown088
07-02-2007, 03:54 PM
http://www.ablebody.com/
You have a job and you have like 3500 posts since march? Must be a very demanding job..

-black
07-02-2007, 03:56 PM
You have a job and you have like 3500 posts since march? Must be a very demanding job..

I actually have 2 jobs....

7:30-3:30 and 4-8

it must be nice to have computer access about 40% of the time im working

my other posts def come from when i get home....from about 9 till whenever

ricky bobby
07-02-2007, 04:00 PM
-Black is looking to catch up to Draftguru151.

-black
07-02-2007, 04:02 PM
-Black is looking to catch up to Draftguru151.

if everything goes to plan....i wont just catch him....I will destroy his post count

whats amazing is I dont even post on weekends....im RARELY ever on the cpu on the weekend...cuz thats when I have my life....during the weekday, i usually just chill out and work.....

im sure my post count would be like 40-50 posts a day if i normally posted late friday-sundays

Eaglez.Fan
07-02-2007, 04:06 PM
In a year he should have about 13000 posts.

-black
07-02-2007, 04:09 PM
In a year he should have about 13000 posts.

that would be hall of lame worthy

ricky bobby
07-02-2007, 04:19 PM
that would be hall of lame worthy
I say you just quit your jobs and post all day. That would be hall of fame worthy. Just sit on here 24/7 for like a month.

-black
07-02-2007, 04:21 PM
if i quit my 2 jobs then i quit support of my kid.....are u advocating me being another statistic Ricky?

ricky bobby
07-02-2007, 04:25 PM
if i quit my 2 jobs then i quit support of my kid.....are u advocating me being another statistic Ricky?
You have a kid? What are you doing posting at all then? Two jobs and a kid, wow. Where do you find the time?

Stash
07-02-2007, 06:31 PM
Back to zombies.......

If they were taking over, I would get a red leather jacket and teach them all to dance in unison :)

HoopsDemon12
07-02-2007, 06:35 PM
So for all you people giving up and letting them catch you... YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THAT WOULD HURT.. you make it sound like getting your brains and body torn apart and becoming lving dead would be a good thing... for me its hello barrell of a 9mm

Primetime21
07-02-2007, 07:12 PM
So if zombies started attacking your hometown would you alert fellow NFLDC members on here or would you take the first step in your plan. I would post a topic in 2007 draft forum just to piss off the mods.

rchrd
07-02-2007, 07:28 PM
So for all you people giving up and letting them catch you... YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THAT WOULD HURT.. you make it sound like getting your brains and body torn apart and becoming lving dead would be a good thing... for me its hello barrell of a 9mm

I plan on being so out of it I wouldnt notice...

Jvig43
07-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Theres only one man that could lead us to salvation from the evil dead, Bruce Cambell. Hes the ultimate zombie killing machine good Looking and has a chainsaw hand? plus..hes not afraid to take a short cut...love that movie

-black
07-02-2007, 10:40 PM
You have a kid? What are you doing posting at all then? Two jobs and a kid, wow. Where do you find the time?

at work and at home at night....duh

1+1=2....stop treating it as Trigg

my daughter doesnt live with me

Green Bay Scat
07-02-2007, 10:59 PM
i dont have a brain, so im good

High Roller
07-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Ill take a helicopter

BufFan71
07-03-2007, 12:40 PM
wat happens when it runs out of gas??

best deciscion (if your gonna let them get u)
is to go get high with all yur friends...and then just try and go out and start a giant mosh with the zombies....

nvot9
07-03-2007, 02:05 PM

Because your threads are stupid. This one provides necessary solutions to the question as to what you would do if the world were taken over by zombies. I dnno about you, but I'd rather be safe from zombies then know that women are entering the workforce in larger numbers then ever before.

Yea.. :)

BufFan71
07-03-2007, 02:19 PM
this thread could possibly save all our lives in the future

rchrd
07-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Because your threads are stupid. This one provides necessary solutions to the question as to what you would do if the world were taken over by zombies. I dnno about you, but I'd rather be safe from zombies then know that women are entering the workforce in larger numbers then ever before.

Yea.. :)

I'm entering a job where the environment is about 80% women and still care about zombies more...

Primetime21
07-03-2007, 03:33 PM
this thread could possibly save all our lives in the future

Yea but Blacks thread get you sweet *****. *****>Ways to protect yourself from zombies. And Black provides us ghetto booty whenever we want.

What more can you ask for.