PDA

View Full Version : #1 Recruiting Class

DWilliams2IndyColts
07-03-2007, 08:13 PM
State your Opinion. I think it will be Southern Cal or Florida State based on talent they already and could have commit.

BigJohn98
07-03-2007, 08:30 PM
I agree. USC or Florida State.

keylime_5
07-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Probably USC, but Ohio State is gonna pull in one of the best OL recruiting classes of all time plus maybe the #1 overall player in the country this year. Not to mention 6 or 7 top 50 players. They will definitely be in the top 5 this year for sure, if they can somehow get Shayne Hale they might snag #1.

Sniper
07-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Probably USC, but Ohio State is gonna pull in one of the best OL recruiting classes of all time plus maybe the #1 overall player in the country this year. Not to mention 6 or 7 top 50 players. They will definitely be in the top 5 this year for sure, if they can somehow get Shayne Hale they might snag #1.

I doubt they get Hale because last I checked, he and his cousin are a package deal and I don't think the Buckeyes offered his cousin.

princefielder28
07-03-2007, 09:34 PM
I voted Florida; I think they'll win their 2nd National Title in a row and that'll draw even more kids there especially the ones that are on the fence between Florida and another school

Sniper
07-03-2007, 10:10 PM
I voted Florida; I think they'll win their 2nd National Title in a row and that'll draw even more kids there especially the ones that are on the fence between Florida and another school

With a sophomore QB with virtually no experience at actually throwing the ball and losing the majority of their defense? Yeah, good luck with that.

keylime_5
07-03-2007, 10:23 PM
I doubt they get Hale because last I checked, he and his cousin are a package deal and I don't think the Buckeyes offered his cousin.

I'm thinking that Hale/Saddler in the end won't be a package deal. But I still don't feel too confident with getting him anyway. I don't think they'll both go to UM just because that's the best place on the list that they both have offers from. It takes a little more than just offering your buddy to get you to play for a certain school. What college a player goes to is a life changing decision. I've seen many many package deals get broken up. I have no idea which of the 4 schools they list he'll end up at though, really hard to tell.

Also, a month or two ago Shayne Hale had Ohio State in his top ten and Saddler did not. Plus the fact that Hale eliminated Pittsburgh and PSU who won't offer Saddler but not OSU is a good sign for OSU. That and I haven't heard from Shayne's mouth that he and Saddler absolutely will go to the same school.

keylime_5
07-03-2007, 10:25 PM
With a sophomore QB with virtually no experience at actually throwing the ball and losing the majority of their defense? Yeah, good luck with that.

They didn't even win all their games last year. I doubt they'll win them all this year in the SEC again. I think there will be at least 2 other undefeated teams in the BCS conferences this year too, with USC being one. Texas and Michigan have a good shot to run the table too. (we all know UM is gonna lose to Tressel again though, so scratch them:))

Sniper
07-03-2007, 11:45 PM
They didn't even win all their games last year. I doubt they'll win them all this year in the SEC again. I think there will be at least 2 other undefeated teams in the BCS conferences this year too, with USC being one. Texas and Michigan have a good shot to run the table too. (we all know UM is gonna lose to Tressel again though, so scratch them:))

Haha I'd be pissed if there wasn't a good chance they would. If there's a year to do it though, this is it. Returning Hart, Long, Manningham, Henne, Crable, etc.... this is the best shot with OSU somewhat expecting a "down" year/

Sniper
07-04-2007, 12:25 AM
I'm thinking that Hale/Saddler in the end won't be a package deal. But I still don't feel too confident with getting him anyway. I don't think they'll both go to UM just because that's the best place on the list that they both have offers from. It takes a little more than just offering your buddy to get you to play for a certain school. What college a player goes to is a life changing decision. I've seen many many package deals get broken up. I have no idea which of the 4 schools they list he'll end up at though, really hard to tell.

Also, a month or two ago Shayne Hale had Ohio State in his top ten and Saddler did not. Plus the fact that Hale eliminated Pittsburgh and PSU who won't offer Saddler but not OSU is a good sign for OSU. That and I haven't heard from Shayne's mouth that he and Saddler absolutely will go to the same school.

I'm not saying 100% sure they will be a package it just seems like it to me. I'd never discount OSU in any recruiting race, but in the end, I think Hale will be a Wolverine and so will Saddler. Now, I'd never say it's a lock because usually if you say it's a lock it doesn't happen. I wouldn't be surprised to see them head to WVU however.

keylime_5
07-04-2007, 10:13 AM
Yeah, but what I've heard is that unless Saddler wants to go to UM too then there's no way that Hale goes to Michigan. Plus before there have been reports that Saddler was really high on Virginia and Ohio State used to be Hale's clear cut leader, so I'm pessimistic that the package deal happens. Time and time again package deals don't go down. The hope of Hale and Saddler going to Virginia really hinges on "hey this is the best place to go if are gonna be a package deal, but I'd rather go somewhere else, too bad you didn't get offered there."

DoWnThEfiElD
07-04-2007, 12:09 PM
Yeah, but what I've heard is that unless Saddler wants to go to UM too then there's no way that Hale goes to Michigan. Plus before there have been reports that Saddler was really high on Virginia and Ohio State used to be Hale's clear cut leader, so I'm pessimistic that the package deal happens. Time and time again package deals don't go down. The hope of Hale and Saddler going to Virginia really hinges on "hey this is the best place to go if are gonna be a package deal, but I'd rather go somewhere else, too bad you didn't get offered there."

Yeah, but what I've heard is that unless Saddler wants to go to UM too then there's no way that Hale goes to Michigan. Now where have you heard that??

keylime_5
07-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Just what I've heard. Could be totally false, but isn't every recruiting rumor like that? What happened to "Ben Martin is gonna go to ND or Ohio State and he's split 50/50 now" all year last year until the day before he picked Tennessee. Grain of salt w/all of them.

Jhawk386
07-09-2007, 02:31 PM
No option for Miami in this thread?

DWilliams2IndyColts
07-09-2007, 02:50 PM
No option for Miami in this thread?
I couldn't fit any more teams.

Gchu83
07-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Suprised that OU isn't getting more votes. Being a Longhorn, it pains me to say this...but OU's class is amazing and could possibly get a WHOLE lot better. RJ Washington is the #1 DE in the nation, Calhoun is the #2 RB, Good is a great talent (UT missed out), and Justin Johnson is a great ATH as well. Looks like they are the front runner Arthur Brown and will be in the mix of Lynn Katoa.

UT's class will be in contention if we can pickup some of our targets (Katoa, Aghayere) and we also have some borderline commits that should be 5* come the final rankings (Aaron Williams, DeSean Hales, Jarvis Humphrey, and possibly DJ Monroe).