PDA

View Full Version : Salvia divinorum

Jags#7
07-03-2007, 10:36 PM
Just saw a news report on it. Anyone know much about it? Or what it is and how bad it is.

BaLLiN
07-03-2007, 10:41 PM
sounds like something i don't want

Wootylicous
07-03-2007, 10:41 PM
This is compared to LSD

yourfavestoner
07-03-2007, 10:42 PM
I've done it once or twice. It's an absolute TRIP; literal hysteria for about five minutes or so. I can't believe Salvia is legal and weed isn't. It's ridiculous.

If you're the experimental type, go ahead and do it. Nothing bad will happen. If you're scared of that kind of stuff, then stay away.

Moses
07-03-2007, 10:43 PM
Powerful psychedelic...pretty uncommon in most areas. I've only heard of one person doing it first-hand.

Shane P. Hallam
07-03-2007, 10:44 PM
From friends and OSU's studies, it def. doesn't have as lasting effects as LSD when you take it (i.e. very very short trips,) but it can be crazy and do some strange things.

My one friend who experiments with drugs took it his first time. He imagined that he had to roll ont he ground and roll color onto things. Basically, he rolled a rainbow of color onto the world by rolling on the ground and only by doing this would there be color for everyone. Let's just say he rolled down some stairs to boot, and it wasn't pretty.

tEk
07-03-2007, 10:45 PM
its basically weed and lsd mixied together. its is a indiginous plant to mexico and used to be used by shamans to heal and give people visions. probably some drug that is now being used everywhere and the media wants to "crack down" on it.

yourfavestoner
07-03-2007, 10:46 PM
It tastes like ****, too.

Wootylicous
07-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Is this prohibited in all the States ?

Shane P. Hallam
07-03-2007, 10:47 PM
No, it's legal in all states, at least Ohio and PA :P

Moses
Is this prohibited in all the States ?

No. http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia_law.shtml

tEk
we sell that plant at lowes. maybe not the exact strain... but we so sell salvia plants.

Wootylicous
07-03-2007, 10:48 PM
This means all parts of the plant and its extracts are legal to cultivate, buy, possess, and distribute (sell, trade or give) without a license or prescription.

Wow...so everyone can do is own Salvia divinorum lol

tEk
07-03-2007, 10:49 PM
This means all parts of the plant and its extracts are legal to cultivate, buy, possess, and distribute (sell, trade or give) without a license or prescription.

Wow...so everyone can do is own Salvia divinorum lolcool and you can induce and take a drug test and pass.... woot!

Vince Lombardi
07-03-2007, 10:51 PM
No, it's legal in all states, at least Ohio and PA :P

it's illegal in a few states and will be in over half of them next year. Get it while you still can.

http://salviadragon.com/index.htm http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif

Also, I'm not positive but I believe it only grows in Mexico.

Moses
07-03-2007, 10:53 PM
it's illegal in a few states and will be in over half of them next year. Get it while you still can.

http://salviadragon.com/index.htm http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif

Also, I'm not positive but I believe it only grows in Mexico.

It's native to Mexico but it can be grown anywhere...

fenikz
07-03-2007, 10:55 PM
saliva is ok, i know there are different levels of it, my buddy told me that it was a low grade kind so i would have to hit his bong hard, i milked it and it was intense.

the 1st time i took it everything turned to legos the 2nd time i took it i was sitting in a chair and i felt like i was on a intense roller coaster

it only last like 5-10 minutes though and it taste like ass

Jags#7
07-03-2007, 11:41 PM
do they sell it at local tobacco and pipe shops (vermont where it is legal)?

07-03-2007, 11:47 PM
The only time I did it, I had a baaaaaaaaad trip. My suggestion to you is "be prepared".

Mr. Stiller
07-03-2007, 11:58 PM
Where could one purchase said product?

yourfavestoner
07-04-2007, 01:05 AM
do they sell it at local tobacco and pipe shops (vermont where it is legal)?

That's exactly where you get it from. The prices range all over the place, depending on where you get it. You can get 40x (strongest legal strain I believe) for cheap at Venice Beach, but any smoke shop in San Diego (where I live now) sells no higher than 10x for about 40 bucks a g.

SuperKevin
07-04-2007, 01:06 AM
That's exactly where you get it from. The prices range all over the place, depending on where you get it. You can get 40x (strongest legal strain I believe) for cheap at Venice Beach, but any smoke shop in San Diego (where I live now) sells no higher than 10x for about 40 bucks a g.

Where in SD do you live. I'm in escondido right now

Paranoidmoonduck
07-04-2007, 04:31 AM
I've done my fair share of Salvia. It's a short lasting experience, but don't let that fool you. I could probably make a convincing argument that it is the most powerful reality changing chemical on the planet, above such big dogs like LSD and DMT. Smoking salvia without some considerable experience with reality shifting drugs is a stupid idea.

I have fairly extensive experience with all sorts of chemicals, and I have refused to touch the 40x extract of salvia I have sitting in my closet for the last year and a half.

awfullyquiet
07-04-2007, 04:48 AM
Salvia is crazy ****.
I've done my fair share of LSA and LSD and DMT/MAOI.

You will need a babysitter if you plan on doing 40x. it's painful. but by far, you will no longer be part of this earth. i could go for hours on how i went swimming in a sea of books with tornados and how i ended up ******** grass for a few days. it's not for the faint of heart. serious. hell. it's not even all that fun. it's just mindblowingly weird.

lsd is much more mellow and enjoyable and lsa puts you in a trance, where dmt is. well. probably the more visualistic of the three.

and then salvia. compresses all of that into five minutes. it's brute force tripping. it will wring you, you'll twist out of this universe at unnatural speeds and enter salvia land. i recommend doing it to try it.
that's all.

and in addition, there's been many bills that have failed to illegalize salvia in the states. illinois was one.

fenikz
07-04-2007, 05:54 AM
and please don't go try doing something stupid like driving on it, imo it would be by far the worst thing to drive on

Paranoidmoonduck
07-04-2007, 05:58 AM
Salvia is only a few years from becoming illegal. The typical news reports coming out about it feature tremendously idiotic people who have tried it. I remember reading one out of Denver about five or so months back which featured a man who tried salvia for the first time while driving on the freeway. Just the thought of that would probably give Darwin a boner.

Either way, the main difference between salvia and other tryptamines is that, unlike your dimethyltryptamines and the like, which have a tendency to eradicate your ego (sense of self) at advanced doses, salvia is an ego enhancer. Instead of drifting in a sea of blissful awareness, without even enough human sense left to be scared, salvia leaves you in a strange land full of strange things you are never prepared to enter or perceive, and all the while you are utterly yourself. Salvia doesn't allow you to eliminate the idea of belief, or to even suspend it. It takes you somewhere and takes away your tools to cope with it.

In short, salvia at high doses is only for those who find the truly weird and novel worthwhile, even if they lack pleasure and often enter into the realm of pain.

edit - I hope this post doesn't cross the sometimes vague line of promoting illegal behavior, even if salvia is, at present time legal.

mav91
07-04-2007, 11:19 AM
yea its super easy to get around where i am (sc)..my friend did it and said he thought he was made of legos..pretty cool but i think im good not doing it

someone447
07-04-2007, 01:11 PM
I've done it once, and I didn't like it. I like DXM and LSA much more.