PDA

View Full Version : Vote MLB Prospect Draft: Buffalo vs. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (Week 2)

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
07-04-2007, 10:23 AM
The Buffalo Bison and Scranton/Wilkes-Barre will be facing off in a best of five series, please vote for which team that you feel would prevail in the five game series. Please feel free to leave comments on the teams or comments to why you voted a certain way.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fc/BuffaloBisons_100.png
Buffalo Bisons

Rotation:

1. Homer Bailey, RHP, Reds
2. Donald Veal, LHP, Cubs
3. Will Inman, RHP, Brewers
4. John Danks, LHP, White Sox
5. Micah Owings, RHP, Diamondbacks

Bullpen:

CL: Franklin Morales, LHP, Rockies
RP: Yohan Pino, RHP, Twins

Lineup:

1. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF, Red Sox
2. Troy Tulowitzki, SS, Rockies
3. Andrew McCutchen, RF, Pirates
4. Adam Lind, DH, Blue Jays
5. Matt Wieters, C, Orioles
6. James Loney, 1B, Dodgers
7. Fernando Martinez, LF, Mets
8. Eric Campbell, 3B, Braves
9. Kevin Frandsen, 2B, Giants

Bench:

Lars Anderson, 1B, Red Sox
Mark Reynolds, IF/OF, Diamondbacks
Drew Stubbs, OF, Reds

The Bisons are full of potential major league stars. The lineup is solid from top to bottom. Ellsbury and Tulo are an excellent 1-2 punch to start. Both have good speed and OBP, essential for the top of the lineup. McCutchen is the making of a five-tool outfielder. He is tremendous when hitting for average, accumulating a .298 career average in the minors through last year. Scouts believe he has the potential to hit 20-25 home runs in the big leagues. He has the speed and range to man RF for the Bisons. Proving that hitting for average is a key to the Bisons offense, Lind is tremendous at that. Sometimes considered a non-prospect out of the University of South Alabama, he won the Sun Belt batting title hitting .392. He has not stopped in pro ball with a career average of .319 through last year. Wieters is the complete package at catcher. He is 6'5'' and in college has shown tremendous power at the plate. He is also good defensively. Scouts have compared him to Joe Mauer and Jason Varitek. Loney has not stopped since being drafted out of high school. Recently the Dodgers moved mainstay Nomar Garciaparra to third just to make room for Loney. He has power to all fields. Martinez was the main international prospect two years ago. The Dominican is very young (18) and his ceiling is very high. Campbell and Frandsen, both top prospects in their respective organizations, complete the order. On the bench, the Bisons have power hitter Lars Anderson, who is tearing up high class A right now, Mark Reynolds, a solid average hitter who can play anywhere in the infield or outfield, and Drew Stubbs, an excellent defensive outfielder with a plus bat.

Our pitching staff is very underrated. Homer Bailey is a fireballer and has been unhittable in the minors. He projects to be the ace in Cincinnati in years to come. I was surprised to get Donald Veal so late. He too throws hard, with his fastball topping out at 95 mph. His curveball is his weapon though, and when it's working, is a nasty strikeout pitch. Will Inman is unarguably my favorite prospect in the minors. Since being drafted out of high school, he has compiled a 10-2 record with a 1.77 ERA in 37 games pitched. Inman, only 20, isn't overpowering but has the makeup to be a star. John Danks is the second lefty in our rotation. He has been the top prospect in Texas for a few years before his trade to the White Sox. His repertoire consists of four top notch pitchs, a four seamer a two seamer, a change up and a 1-7 curveball. Micah Owings was a top prospect out of Tulane, and like Inman, has been unhittable in the minors. In two years, Owings is 17-3 with a 3.23 ERA in 43 games. The Bison bullpen features Yohan Pino and Franklin Morales. Pino has been an under the radar prospect for Minnesota since 2004. And with the stats he put up it is almost unbelieveable. The Venezuelan has been 33-5 with a 1.93 ERA in 67 games since 04. He put up a 14-2 season with a 1.91 era for Beloit last year and a 10-1, 0.53 ERA season for the Twins DSL team in 04. His stuff isn't overpowering with his fastball topping at just 88 mph. But you can't argue with those numbers. Franklin Morales will play the role as a closer. I was surprised to get him late in the draft. He projects as a top of the rotation starter in Colorado. His fastball, which is consistently in the mid 90's, i sone of the best pitches in the minors.

VS

http://www.lackawannacounty.org/uploads/events/574.gif
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees

Batting Lineup
1. 2B Alberto Callapso
2. OF Hunter Pence
3. OF Colby Rasmus
4. 3B Andy Laroche
5. OF Dexter Fowler
6. DH Travis Snider
7. 1B Chris Parmelee
8. C Kurt Suzuki
9. SS Brent Lillibridge

This lineup is destined to score run after run with top stars like Pence, Rasmus, Laroche, and Fowler. At the top of the lineup, we have second basemen Alberto Callapso who will certainly not hit for power, but for contact. He is also a great defensive player who will make those double plays happen often. Hitting behind Callapso is the outfielder Hunter Pence. If you don't know him, you don't know baseball. He has been a rookie sensation this year for the Astros who is a five-tool player. Colby Rasmus is another five-tool player who will throw out those runners at home plate. Third basemen Andy Laroche is hitting cleanup for us because well...he's a power hitter. Just as you think you've heard it all you got yet another five-tool player in Dexter Fowler. Don't forget Travis Snider who has emerged as one of the elite prospects is hitting 6th because well...I got even better players in front of him believe it or not. Towards the end of my lineup, you have Chris Parmelee, Kurt Suzuki. Parmelee has got good power in him, Suzuki is above average for a catcher, and Lillibridge will be making good contact. Overall, my lineup features star players in their most productive position in the field and in the lineup.

Bench Players
SS Brendan Harris
3B Matt Dominguez
OF Trevor Crowe

With guys like Brendan Harris and Trevor Crowe backing up my starters, if one of them goes down, they will be right there to fill the need. Matt Dominguez was just drafted and will be mentored by our coaches to help him fulfull his potential.

Starting Rotation
1. Philip Hughes
2. Matt Garza
3. Adam Miller
4. Jacob McGee
5. Gio Gonzalez

This starting rotation is THE best in the bizz. Hughes, Garza, Miller, McGee, and Gonzalez? You're probably thinking, "Holy ****?!?" Hughes, Garza, and Miller could be aces of their respective squads. McGee and Gonzalez could qualify as #2 pitchers. However, we have Hughes as our ace, Garza as our #2, Miller being our third, McGee as our 4th, and Gonzalez as our 5th. Just sickening.

Bullpen Relief
SU Hideki Okajima
CL Troy Patton

Hideki Okajima has been lights out for the Red Sox. He's much older than other players, but he still qualifies as a rookie. Troy Patton is a starter converted to a closer, and I think the transition will be more than easy for him. He's got the right stuff to close out games in the clutch.

princefielder28
07-04-2007, 12:35 PM
S/W-B Yankees