PDA

View Full Version : Vote MLB Prospect Draft: Durham vs. Trenton (Week 2)

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
07-04-2007, 10:26 AM
The Durham Bulls and Trenton Thunder will be facing off in a best of five series, please vote for which team that you feel would prevail in the five game series. Please feel free to leave comments on the teams or comments to why you voted a certain way.

http://www.fis.ncsu.edu/hr/wolfperks/images/bullogo.jpg
Durham Bulls

Lineup:
1. Jason Heyward OF
2. Reid Brignac SS
3. Justin Upton OF
4. Ryan Braun 3B
5. Billy Butler OF
6. Bill Rowell DH
7. Matt LaPorta 1B
8. Chris Couglan 2B
9. Devin Morasco C

I have Heyward leading off. In my eyes he is like Grady Sizemore in the sense that he is not a prototypical leadoff hitter but will provide both speed on the bases and power from the top. Second if have Brignac who to me is a prototypical 2 hole hitter. 3rd i have Upton who is a no brainer, providing a nice average as well as plentiful extra base hits. Hitting cleanup i have Ryan Braun who just rakes. He will provide 35-40 hr's with many rbis. 5th i have Billy Butler who can flat out hit and will help Braun drive in runs. 6th i have Billy Rowell who will provide ridiculous raw power and is another hitter who can hit 35-40 hr's. 7th i have Matt LaPorta who will hit 7th only because of the other talented hitters on this team. He will provide an insane amount of power and production from the 7th hole. Chris Couglan will do fine in the 8 hole hitting for average and a bit of power and Devin Morsasco will do what he can in the 9 hole and will show his 5 tools both at the dish and behind the plate catching.

Bench:
Angel Villalona
Elvis Andrus
Eric Duncan

This bench is all upside. If Villalona lives up to his potential he will be the next Miguel Cabrera. The hype is there and we have already seen he can hit and hit with power at only 16 years of old. Another phenom, Andrus has shown his skill at only 17. Both of these players can be truly special. Duncan will provide solid power and can play both 3rd and 1st.

Pitching Rotation:
1)Andrew Miller
2)Joba Chamberlain
3)Bryan Bullington
4)Kyle Drabek
5)Jarrod Parker

Starting it off will be the ace of the staff Andrew Miller. His lefty presence and excellent stuff will provide numerous ground balls and plenty of wins. Joba Chamberlain will provide ace numbers while 2nd in the rotation and will go under the radar while performing extraordinary. Bullington will live up to the hype he was given when drafted #1 overall in 2002 and will be a solid starter in the big leagues. My 4th and 5th starters are all about upside and i think both can be absolutely dominant. Drabek can hit 97mph and will make all the teams that passed on him regret basing their decision on his makeup. Parker has everything you look for in a pitcher and although he is undersized, will put up Roy Oswalt numbers while pitching from the back of the rotation

Bullpen:
RP: Dellin Betances
Closer: Andrew Carignan

Betances will be converted in a relief role where he can go all out with his unbelievable raw talent. He will not have to worry about going easy and i think he will be untouchable as a set up man. Carignan has proven at UNC that he has what it takes to be an excellent closer and i see no reason why he does not continue his success in the big leagues.

VS

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/brands/0005/8203/brand.gif
Trenton Thunder

Deffensive Alignment
C-Francisco Pena

1B-Elijah Dukes

2B-Yunel Escobar

SS- CJ Henry

3B-Tony Abreu

CF-Carlos Gomez

RF-Austin Jackson

LF-Jose Tabata

DH-Josh Vitters

Batting order
1.CF-Carlos Gomez

2.SS- CJ Henry

3.DH-Josh Vitters

4.LF-Jose Tabata

5.3B-Tony Abreu

6.RF-Austin Jackson

7.C-Francisco Pena

8.2B-Yunel Escobar

9.1B-Elijah Dukes

My batting order is a great combo of speed and power made up of the best minor leaguers.

Bench
UT-Ryan Sweeney UT RF

UT-Alexi Casilla UT 2B

UT-Sean Doolittle UT 1B

My UTs are better than some peoples starters nuf said

PITCHING STAFF
1. Tim Lincecum (R)

2. David Price (L)

3. Humberto Sanchez (R)

4. Tyler Clippard (R)

5. Justin Thomas (L)

My pitching staff is nearly unhittable with Tim Lincecum as my ace and David Price is a terrific lefty starter, Humberto Sanchez has great potential, Clippard has proven to be a good middle of the rotation guy.

Bullpen
SU- Brett Cecil (L)

CL- Daniel Moskos (L)

princefielder28
07-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Trenton has 3 terrific top starters and thats why I gave them the edge

KCJ58
07-04-2007, 12:39 PM
can't bet against Lincecum and Tony Abreu