PDA

View Full Version : Vote MLB Prospect Draft: Indianapolis vs.Toledo (Week 2)

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
07-04-2007, 10:31 AM
The Indianapolis Indians and Toledo Mud Hens will be facing off in a best of five series, please vote for which team that you feel would prevail in the five game series. Please feel free to leave comments on the teams or comments to why you voted a certain way.

https://secure.minorleaguebaseball.com/clubs/t484/images/tickets/logo_200x200.gif
Indianapolis Indians

Batting Lineup:
1.Marcus Sanders 2B
2.Cameron Maybin Cf
3.Evan Longoria 3B
4.Carlos Gonzalez RF
5.Travis Buck Lf
6.Daric Barton 1B
7.Neil Walker DH
8.Erik Aybar SS
9.Miguel Montero C

i have marcus sanders leading off because he brings a lot of speed to the lineup. he can get on base and steal. people will ask why i dont have maybin leading off and the answer is because maybin can hit for more power then sanders which means more run opportunities for sanders if he gets on and steals a few bases. maybin at number two will bring good power/speed to the lineup. i have no doubt in my mind he will hit 20/20 for a long time. longoria at number 3 is a no brainer. he has the most power on the team plus he hits for a good average and plays solid defence. gonzalez at four is an intriging spot for him. he can also hit for a high average and hit 25-35 homers. with maybin and sanders on base that could mean a lot of rbi's for him. travis buck at number five is a really good spot for him. he will take care of the dirty work. he can drive balls in the gap,hit for average, and hit it out of the ballpark.daric barton will be the average guy and could lead the team in rbi's.while he doesnt have lots of power,he is a doubles machine and will drive the balls in the gaps. and he is only 21 and giving more time he will develop that doubles power to homer power.neil walker is my desingnated hitter. he has raw power and can hit for a high average.he also helps out the defense because he can play more then one position.aybar and montero round out my lineup.they both are good hitters that can drive in runs but they are not elite.but what aybar has is speed and he can steal bases as well.i say this is a very good lineup and is very dangerous.it has a very good balance of power and speed all through the lineup.

Bench:
Jeff Mathis C
Michael Burgess OF
Brian Bixler SS/2B

mathis is a good player to have because he can give a day off to montero and we will not miss a beat because mathis is just as good as prospect as montero.burgess could possibly play all three outfield positions because he is a potential 5 tool prospect that teams love. bixler could play second or short and give aybar or sanders a day off. bixler has good speed and decent power as well

Rotation:
1.Clayton Kershaw
2.Luke Hochevar
3.Carlos Carrasco
4.Chris Volstad
5.Daniel Bard

this rotation is scary, i have possibly four potential aces in four spots in the rotation.even though its righty dominate it is extremely good.kershaw is a very good pitcher who will be the ace of the staff.he has good control and a really good fastball.hochevar could be a really good pitcher for us. he is the number one overall pick in the 06 draft and that is for a reason,he is really good.he has a good curveball which might be his out pitch. good pitcher.carrasco and volstad are really young and really good. both could be aces on their respected teams. they play in the same division and will be seeing a lot of eachother over the years. bard is a good pitcher, a projected number 3 starter at the five slot. glad to have him on our staff.

Bullpen:
RP:Jeff Samardzija
CL:Casey Weathers

we moved samardzija from the rotation to the bullpen where i think he will be better at.he has four plus pitches and could with more time be a good closer.weathers is a good closer. he was the second best closer in his class but could make the majors first to help a bullpen in colorado. he was a former starter untill he got moved to the bullpen. i really like this bullpen.

VS

http://www.iamjacksdesign.com/images/tmh.png
Toledo Mud Hens

My draft.

1.Delmon Young,LF
2.Yovani Gallardo. SP
3.Jay Bruce, CF
4.Clay Buchholz, SP
5.Joey Votto,1B
6.Max Scherzer, SP
7.Ian Stewart,2B
8.Jeff Clement, C
9.Kevin Slowey, SP
10.Preston Mattingly, SP
11.Nicholas Noonan, 2B
12.Ian Kennedy, SP
13.Franklin Gutierrez, RF
14.Tony Gwynn Jr. - UTL
15.Brent Cleveln, OF
16.Eddie Kunz, CL
17.Mike Fontenot, UTL
18.Brian Barton, DH
19.Steve Register, RP

Starting Rotation

1. Yovani Gallardo
2. Clay Buchholz
3. Max Scherzer
4. Kevin Slowey
5. Ian Kennedy

Bullpen
Eddie Kunz, Cl
Steve Register

Batting Order

1. Jay Bruce
2. Ian Stewart
3. Joey Votto
4. Delmon Young
5. Jeff Clement
6. Franklin Gutierrez
7. Preston Mattingly
8. Nicholas Noonan
9. Brian Barton

Bench
Brent Clevlen
Tony Gwynn Jr.
Mike Fontenot

The Toledo Mudhens are a team full of immense potential.
The starting pitching is the strong spot of the team with five potential aces in
Gallardo, Buchholz, Scherzer, Slowey, and Kennedy. Gallardo is already in the big leagues
helping the Brewers maintain first place.

The batting order has stars up and down it. Delmon Young bats clean up with Jay Bruce leading off.
Cincinnati prize prospect Votto bats third. The bench has speedy Tony Gwynn Jr.to cause problems on the base
path. Clevlen is a strong defensive replacement and has a rocket for an arm.

Xiomera
07-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Toledo!
(10)

princefielder28
07-04-2007, 12:33 PM
I went Mud Hens