PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Heard the Larry Johnson to Dallas Rumor?

LSUALUM99
07-04-2007, 11:02 AM
http://theboysblog.com/2007/07/03/crazy-from-the-heat-the-larry-johnson-to-dallas-rumor/

So the rumor goes that it would be Larry Johnson for Julius Jones and Flozell Adams.

I have my own opinions but I'd like to hear everyone else's. I'm not implying the rumor is valid or even possible. I'm just wanting your thoughts on the rumor as it pertains to cost / benefit.

M.O.T.H.
07-04-2007, 11:07 AM
I heard of the rumors but, none invloving Flozell. We lose Flozell and we're are screwed, imo. We dont have anyone behind Adams that is ready to be starting at LT. If it costs Adams, i wouldnt do it. Also, Larry Johnson has become an egomaniac these last few years, I dont know if he'd be right for our team.

leroyisgod
07-04-2007, 11:48 AM
I would give up JJ and a 1st rounder next year for LJ.

DSlay4
07-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Im all for it...Flozell's a bit overrated anyways. He always struggles against Osi Umenyora(which isnt cool at all).

fryman
07-04-2007, 06:10 PM
I don't think we gain enough to give up Flo

Johnson- 1789 yards, 4.3 ypc, 17 rushing TDs
Jones and Barber- 1738 yards, 4.3 ypc, 18 TDs

Johnson's average may go up with the decrease in carries, but I doubt we would see that big of an increase in yardage. I expect the running game to be more efficient anyway so long as Romo plays like he should.

Flo is the best option we have at LT and IMO that isn't worth giving up to maybe gain a couple hundred more yards a season. Why would you give up your best LT when you have an inexperienced QB?

07-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Nah no deal especially not for Flozell. We have a good duo with J.J. and the MB3 why mess with success.

M.O.T.H.
07-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Im all for it...Flozell's a bit overrated anyways. He always struggles against Osi Umenyora(which isnt cool at all).

Who would you start at LT? No one is ready behind Adams.

KILLERSANTA
07-04-2007, 08:53 PM
NO..............

DSlay4
07-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Who would you start at LT? No one is ready behind Adams.

Well if Pat Mcquistan's the future at LT he might as well start now...

And if Flozell gets traded away, that would leave me to believe that the coaching staff really likes Mcquistan.

Ward
07-04-2007, 10:54 PM
LJ is a diva, and a locker room cancer. Worse than TO is currently, IMO. No thanks.

M.O.T.H.
07-04-2007, 11:10 PM

And if Flozell gets traded away, that would leave me to believe that the coaching staff really likes Mcquistan.

There is no guarantee McQ's future is even going to be at the T position, he's currently being worked out at G. If anyone is going to be our future LT, that man will most likely be Douig Free but, there is no way I would want a rookie starting at LT to begin the year. Adams means a lot to this O-Line...if we lose him, were gonna have problems.

fryman
07-04-2007, 11:10 PM

Newsflash Mcquistan's future is likely guard, he has been moved there. He really has only been playing LT this offseason, because Flo is injured and Free isn't ready. Free is hopefully the future at LT.

Also why do you want to play for the future and not now? If you are a contender you play the best player you have available.

MOTH beat me to it

DSlay4
07-04-2007, 11:22 PM
Newsflash Mcquistan's future is likely guard, he has been moved there. He really has only been playing LT this offseason, because Flo is injured and Free isn't ready. Free is hopefully the future at LT.

Also why do you want to play for the future and not now? If you are a contender you play the best player you have available.

MOTH beat me to it

True indeed. This LJ trade is a pipedream anyway

LonghornsLegend
07-05-2007, 02:39 AM
no thanks, im fine with barber, he almost does everything LJ does for the chiefs, and with jones speed im perfectly fine with that for now, if we choose to take a rb in the draft next year thats different, but especially not to give up adams...it be a horrible trade

besides, what would barbers role be to us if we did have him and LJ? seems like a trade that wouldnt really benefit us at all

FinChase
07-05-2007, 12:23 PM
No, not worth what we'd lose by getting rid of our starting LT. No one's ready behind him. Besides, if we really want/need a stud running back, we can use one of those first rounds picks on one next year. There should be several good ones, assuming the juniors declare.

DMWSackMachine
07-05-2007, 05:36 PM
I think you guys are going to be proven wrong on McQuistan. He was tabbed as a guard coming out of college, and that's where most people projected him in the NFL, but you will remember that Parcells opened training camp last year with him at LT, and he never moved all season long. Why? It's quite simple, he displayed the athleticism necessary to play that position. It's the same reason that BP was raving about him all during TC last year. He has the potential to be a good LT in this league.

As for why he was being moved to LG before Flo had his surgery, it's pretty simple: Kosier is the weakest and most replaceable of the starting group. That is the place that he has the best chance of competing for a starting spot this year, so that's where he is being put. If anything, it speaks to his readiness to play immediately, not to his lack of ability or potential for playing LT.

I really can't understand why everyone is salivating all over Free and Marten, and completely overlooking McQ in all of this. It boggles the mind. I suppose it is the whole "newer is better" mindset that effects the unwary mind. I would be comfortable with Pat starting at LT for us this season. Maybe I'm alone here.

As for LJ coming, it is obviously smoke, but I would do that deal in a flash. He is a great RB who could really round out our offense. Its a little worrisome to think about all the wear and tear he's had on him the last couple years, though.

D-Unit
07-05-2007, 06:57 PM
I don't like the idea. This year is supposed to be our legit shot to win the SB. That won't happen without Flozell. The deal would make sense if we weren't challenging for the SB this year because I don't expect Flo back.

Paul
07-05-2007, 07:04 PM
I'm well and happy with Barber and JJ at RB, and Flozell at LT. I really don't see the point of this trade at all. JJ is going into a contract year, Flozell if anything is experienced and solid vet at LT.

D-Fence
07-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Why pay the cost in trade and then give mega-dollars in a new contract, when you've got a young, proven commodity at the position for a fraction of the cost?

Modano
07-08-2007, 07:23 PM
I think you guys are going to be proven wrong on McQuistan. He was tabbed as a guard coming out of college, and that's where most people projected him in the NFL, but you will remember that Parcells opened training camp last year with him at LT, and he never moved all season long. Why? It's quite simple, he displayed the athleticism necessary to play that position. It's the same reason that BP was raving about him all during TC last year. He has the potential to be a good LT in this league.

As for why he was being moved to LG before Flo had his surgery, it's pretty simple: Kosier is the weakest and most replaceable of the starting group. That is the place that he has the best chance of competing for a starting spot this year, so that's where he is being put. If anything, it speaks to his readiness to play immediately, not to his lack of ability or potential for playing LT.

I really can't understand why everyone is salivating all over Free and Marten, and completely overlooking McQ in all of this. It boggles the mind. I suppose it is the whole "newer is better" mindset that effects the unwary mind. I would be comfortable with Pat starting at LT for us this season. Maybe I'm alone here.

As for LJ coming, it is obviously smoke, but I would do that deal in a flash. He is a great RB who could really round out our offense. Its a little worrisome to think about all the wear and tear he's had on him the last couple years, though.

I don't know... Last year it seemed that the coaching staff was high on Petitti progress and then he got cut. I remember the time when we were waiting for Peterman to develope into a starting guard, Parcells said something like that he had only to work on his pass blocking to be a good player.
McQuistan played good in the preseason last year and made two key blocks on the KR TD against Seattle, but I don't know if he will ever be a starting T in the league.
He still has to shown us something, because right now he has shown nothing other than good ST play and bein praised by Parcells. I won't be comfortable with him starting at LT at all.
Parcells made very bad draft choices on the OL while he was in Dallas: Al Johnson, Justin Bates in 2003, Jacob Rogers and Peterman in 2004, Rob Petitti in 2005, McQuistan and Whitley in 2006.
Only McQuistan is still on the team, and the majority of them aren't in the league anymore.

A lot of fans are very high on Free because he was hyped by Kiper and he has great athletic ability and on Marten because he has the "pedigree". They were both regarded as good prospects and they have a big potential, they were both considered legit first day pick, while McQuistan was a 7th rounder from Weber State. I don't think McQuistan has the same potential of Marten or Free, and I don't think he could be a starting LT.

thule
07-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Just to elaborate on what you said modano...Parcells said Petiti was an extremely hard worker and did everything he asked of him. He said that McQ had everything you looked for in a player and would be a good one...slight difference.

LSUALUM99
07-08-2007, 10:25 PM
Also keep in mind that McQuistan's twin brother was selected in the third round. What kept Pat from going earlier is that he had alot less playing time at Weber than his brother because he got into some trouble and didn't play for a bit. The trouble wasn't legal if I recall, more academic (not entirely sure). From everything I heard that offseason it sounded like Pat may have more of a mean streak than his brother, although they should have the same athletic ability.

Jdallas
07-08-2007, 11:11 PM
Also keep in mind that McQuistan's twin brother was selected in the third round. What kept Pat from going earlier is that he had alot less playing time at Weber than his brother because he got into some trouble and didn't play for a bit. The trouble wasn't legal if I recall, more academic (not entirely sure). From everything I heard that offseason it sounded like Pat may have more of a mean streak than his brother, although they should have the same athletic ability.

From what I recall, Pat just decided not to play football after high school. Then, his brother eventually convinced him to come to Weber State to play so he doesn't really have any background issues to speak of.

I really liked him last year in the preseason and not just because of what Parcells said. If you all remember he started almost all of the preseason games when Flozell went down and didn't do anything bad to stand out. That's a very encouraging sign for a player who's biggest problem is supposed to be experience. He has all of the physical talent you need to play LT.

D-Unit
07-09-2007, 03:23 PM
Put me on the list that thinks McQuistan will be another Parcells O-Line failure.

Marten is our future at RT, and I think he's going to be an absolute stud. He gets under the skin of guys and he's a player that I would be wishing to have if he was on another team.

I think Free has the chance to overtake Kosiers spot.

As far as LT goes, I think that's still up in the air as far as the future is concerned. I really wouldn't mind going for Jared Gaither with a 2nd or 3rd round pick in Thursday's Supplemental Draft. Guys with his size and athleticism don't grow on trees.

leroyisgod
07-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Does anyone have any video footage of Marten or Free?

fryman
07-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Does anyone have any video footage of Marten or Free?

Have you watched the ones on dc.com? They have one for every pick except the 2 7th rounders.

http://dallascowboys.com/draft.cfm

Average OT LB
07-09-2007, 09:06 PM
If larry johnson goes to dallas for JJ thatll be great, ill be hate to hate the cowgirls and LJ at the same time and JJ will get to play more like he should.

Paul
07-09-2007, 10:07 PM
If larry johnson goes to dallas for JJ thatll be great, ill be hate to hate the cowgirls and LJ at the same time and JJ will get to play more like he should.

Thank you for your contribution to this discussion. Go on your way now.

M.O.T.H.
07-09-2007, 10:18 PM
I hate when people still say the cowgirls...how played out is that? haha.

LSUALUM99
07-10-2007, 12:26 AM
Not me. I love to be hated. It means alot if people hate you.