PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Radio

fischbowl
07-05-2007, 06:33 PM
A few questions:

What can I get with Sirius? XM?

is there baseball, hockey, and football.

how many new contemporary country stations are there?

how many bluegrass stations are there?

howard stern all day and night?!?!?

how much is it?

is it worth it?

The Dynasty
07-05-2007, 06:37 PM
I know on sirius you can get sports games because ive listented on those. But thats all i know.

HoopsDemon12
07-05-2007, 06:37 PM
A few questions:

What can I get with Sirius? XM?

is there baseball, hockey, and football.

how many new contemporary country stations are there?

how many bluegrass stations are there?

howard stern all day and night?!?!?

how much is it?

is it worth it?

my freind jsut recently bought one and there is a ton of stations.. definatly worth it!! during the season there is like 8 football channels i found.. i dont know about the rest though

SubNoize
07-05-2007, 08:00 PM
xm and sirius merged so i'm womdering if they're going to just combine both brands and just keep the same stations.

jayceheathman
07-05-2007, 08:42 PM
xm and sirius merged so i'm womdering if they're going to just combine both brands and just keep the same stations.

They havent merged. They agreed to it but the government is still looking into it because it could be considered a monopoly with no other competitors. I believe Serius has NCAA football and NFL and XM has baseball. Its basically the same stations but different sports and talk shows come with Serius or XM. I believe XM has 4 country stations and I am not sure about Serius.

ironman4579
07-05-2007, 09:46 PM
I have Sirius, so I can only speak to that. I've been told that if you like music, go with XM, if you like sports and talk, go with Sirius. I like my Sirius alot, and it still has a ton of music. As for your questions:

Sirius has football, hockey, basketball, NASCAR, etc. The only sport they don't have regularly is baseball, except during the playoffs. channel 124 is NFL radio, which is basically NFL network on radio(they have Total Access etc.) I would say for sports, Sirius is better.

Country only stations are I believe only 4 dedicated to country. They have New country, prime country, classic country, and outlaw country.

I believe there are 1 or 2 bluegrass stations.

Stern is of course on Sirius, although I don't listen, so I couldn't tell you what channel or how often he's on.

Cost, I can honestly say I'm not sure. My dad got a free one for activating his and gave it to me, and then as a christmas present got me 6 months, and then as a birthday present got me 6 more months(yes, I know, it's sad for a 28 year old to be getting good presents like that. I'm an only child and spoiled, sue me.)

As I said, I haven't paid for it yet, but I certainly would, and it would definately be worth it to me. I spend alot of time in my vehicle for my job, and it's very boring if I don't have my radio(when I take my fiance's car to save on gas) I love my Sirius quite a bit. It's honestly one of the best things I've ever received.

ccB
07-05-2007, 10:01 PM
I have Sirius, big time Howard Stern fan.

Damix
07-05-2007, 10:07 PM
I have XM, I've always enjoyed it

Ravens1991
07-05-2007, 10:07 PM
I have Sirius, big time Howard Stern fan.

I miss your "I once Triangle choked her" quote by Tito on Howard Stern, when I finally started watching UFC I thought it was hilarious.

fischbowl
07-06-2007, 09:35 AM
I have Sirius, so I can only speak to that. I've been told that if you like music, go with XM, if you like sports and talk, go with Sirius. I like my Sirius alot, and it still has a ton of music. As for your questions:

Sirius has football, hockey, basketball, NASCAR, etc. The only sport they don't have regularly is baseball, except during the playoffs. channel 124 is NFL radio, which is basically NFL network on radio(they have Total Access etc.) I would say for sports, Sirius is better.

Country only stations are I believe only 4 dedicated to country. They have New country, prime country, classic country, and outlaw country.

I believe there are 1 or 2 bluegrass stations.

Stern is of course on Sirius, although I don't listen, so I couldn't tell you what channel or how often he's on.

Cost, I can honestly say I'm not sure. My dad got a free one for activating his and gave it to me, and then as a christmas present got me 6 months, and then as a birthday present got me 6 more months(yes, I know, it's sad for a 28 year old to be getting good presents like that. I'm an only child and spoiled, sue me.)

As I said, I haven't paid for it yet, but I certainly would, and it would definately be worth it to me. I spend alot of time in my vehicle for my job, and it's very boring if I don't have my radio(when I take my fiance's car to save on gas) I love my Sirius quite a bit. It's honestly one of the best things I've ever received.

I think it'd be great if they merge so i can get baseball. Ive heard ramblings of my favorite band heard on outlaw country, and theyre never on the radio.

it sounds like a good deal.

i think ill get it soon.

thanks

fischbowl

ccB
07-06-2007, 09:57 AM
I miss your "I once Triangle choked her" quote by Tito on Howard Stern, when I finally started watching UFC I thought it was hilarious.

Yeah I thought it was comical. Sirius is a good place to get UFC news, Scotty Ferrall and Bubba the Love Sponge always have Dana White and the fighters on their shows, atleast once a month. Sometimes they have special coverage of UFC events its prett cool.

HawkeyeFan
07-06-2007, 10:16 AM
I have XM, I've always enjoyed it

Me too. We've had it in our Tahoe since we bought it new a few months ago and I just bought it for my car.

I like it alot more than Sirius.