PDA

View Full Version : Vote MLB Prospect Draft: Scranton/Wilkes-Barre vs. Trenton (Week 3)

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
07-06-2007, 01:30 PM
The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees and Trenton Thunder will be facing off in a best of five series, please vote for which team that you feel would prevail in the five game series. Please feel free to leave comments on the teams or comments to why you voted a certain way.

http://www.lackawannacounty.org/uploads/events/574.gif
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees

Batting Lineup
1. 2B Alberto Callapso
2. OF Hunter Pence
3. OF Colby Rasmus
4. 3B Andy Laroche
5. OF Dexter Fowler
6. DH Travis Snider
7. 1B Chris Parmelee
8. C Kurt Suzuki
9. SS Brent Lillibridge

This lineup is destined to score run after run with top stars like Pence, Rasmus, Laroche, and Fowler. At the top of the lineup, we have second basemen Alberto Callapso who will certainly not hit for power, but for contact. He is also a great defensive player who will make those double plays happen often. Hitting behind Callapso is the outfielder Hunter Pence. If you don't know him, you don't know baseball. He has been a rookie sensation this year for the Astros who is a five-tool player. Colby Rasmus is another five-tool player who will throw out those runners at home plate. Third basemen Andy Laroche is hitting cleanup for us because well...he's a power hitter. Just as you think you've heard it all you got yet another five-tool player in Dexter Fowler. Don't forget Travis Snider who has emerged as one of the elite prospects is hitting 6th because well...I got even better players in front of him believe it or not. Towards the end of my lineup, you have Chris Parmelee, Kurt Suzuki. Parmelee has got good power in him, Suzuki is above average for a catcher, and Lillibridge will be making good contact. Overall, my lineup features star players in their most productive position in the field and in the lineup.

Bench Players
SS Brendan Harris
3B Matt Dominguez
OF Trevor Crowe

With guys like Brendan Harris and Trevor Crowe backing up my starters, if one of them goes down, they will be right there to fill the need. Matt Dominguez was just drafted and will be mentored by our coaches to help him fulfull his potential.

Starting Rotation
1. Philip Hughes
2. Matt Garza
3. Adam Miller
4. Jacob McGee
5. Gio Gonzalez

This starting rotation is THE best in the bizz. Hughes, Garza, Miller, McGee, and Gonzalez? You're probably thinking, "Holy ****?!?" Hughes, Garza, and Miller could be aces of their respective squads. McGee and Gonzalez could qualify as #2 pitchers. However, we have Hughes as our ace, Garza as our #2, Miller being our third, McGee as our 4th, and Gonzalez as our 5th. Just sickening.

Bullpen Relief
SU Hideki Okajima
CL Troy Patton

Hideki Okajima has been lights out for the Red Sox. He's much older than other players, but he still qualifies as a rookie. Troy Patton is a starter converted to a closer, and I think the transition will be more than easy for him. He's got the right stuff to close out games in the clutch.

VS

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/brands/0005/8203/brand.gif
Trenton Thunder

Deffensive Alignment
C-Francisco Pena

1B-Elijah Dukes

2B-Yunel Escobar

SS- CJ Henry

3B-Tony Abreu

CF-Carlos Gomez

RF-Austin Jackson

LF-Jose Tabata

DH-Josh Vitters

Batting order
1.CF-Carlos Gomez

2.SS- CJ Henry

3.DH-Josh Vitters

4.LF-Jose Tabata

5.3B-Tony Abreu

6.RF-Austin Jackson

7.C-Francisco Pena

8.2B-Yunel Escobar

9.1B-Elijah Dukes

My batting order is a great combo of speed and power made up of the best minor leaguers.

Bench
UT-Ryan Sweeney UT RF

UT-Alexi Casilla UT 2B

UT-Sean Doolittle UT 1B

My UTs are better than some peoples starters nuf said

PITCHING STAFF
1. Tim Lincecum (R)

2. David Price (L)

3. Humberto Sanchez (R)

4. Tyler Clippard (R)

5. Justin Thomas (L)

My pitching staff is nearly unhittable with Tim Lincecum as my ace and David Price is a terrific lefty starter, Humberto Sanchez has great potential, Clippard has proven to be a good middle of the rotation guy.

Bullpen
SU- Brett Cecil (L)

CL- Daniel Moskos (L)

princefielder28
07-06-2007, 02:33 PM
The Thunder

OSUGiants17
07-07-2007, 10:13 AM
Trenton all the way