PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Team's 2007 Record?

yo123
07-07-2007, 10:33 PM
My team is the Gophers, im very sorry to admit. If I had to guess I would say 5-6 with the possibility of going 6-5. Nothing over 6 wins. Most mags have us at around 10th in the conference, but thats basically the case every year, Pinnix should be a stud this year, and hey, Tony Mortenson can't be worse than Cupito, right?

So yeah, I would be happy with a 6-5 record, but realistically I'd guess somewhere in the 4-7 or 5-6 range. Although I have some high hopes for this team in the next 5 years, looks like Tim Brewster actually gives a **** about this team. Unlike that P.O.S Glen Mason.

iowatreat54
07-07-2007, 10:52 PM
iowa hawkeyes: 10-2.

very realistic as we have an amazingly easy schedule...with only losses to PSU and Wisconsin foreseeable...although, Indiana, Illinois, and Iowa State I can see giving us a scare and possibly an upset

We have to break in a new QB in Christensen who, with more experience, looks like he has the same winning character as Tate, only less flamboyant. we also break in basically a whole new OL, there are a handful of players with experience but no outstanding OL. we have potentially a top big ten 1-2 combo backfield with Young and Sims and a lot of potential with a young WR core.

We return what should be the best DL in all of the Big 10, but is by far the most experienced, although often injured and underachieving...our only question marks are in the secondary, which can cause alot of problems if we can't improve from last year

overall...10-2 is definately not out of the question for this year's team, but we might get caught overlooking teams who have been bottom dwellers for in recent memory (Illinois, Indiana) and could easily fall to 8-4 or 7-5...but the Hawkeye fans are expecting big things this year

BigJohn98
07-07-2007, 11:21 PM
9-3 or 10-2, ACC Champs.

yo123
07-07-2007, 11:25 PM
9-3 or 10-2, ACC Champs.

never mind.

JT Jag
07-07-2007, 11:27 PM
Alabama: 7-5, 8-4

A favorable in-conference schedule leads to a substantial improvement over last year's win-total, and pulls the team into a more well-known Bowl Game then the PetroSun Independence Bowl.

Still, it'll take a while for Saban to really establish his system. If he's smart, he'll give more free reign to Major Applewhite then he did to Jimbo Fisher while he was in LSU--- he got away with being conservative because of the absurd talent that he had, but he's building from the ground-up now.

yo123
07-07-2007, 11:29 PM
9-3 or 10-2, ACC Champs.

For Florida State? Thats some wishful thinking. Best case scenario imo for you guys is about 8-4, maybe 7-5. You guys have a brutal schedule. You have to go to Florida, Wake Forest, Clemson, Virginia Tech, and Boston College.

Acreboy
07-08-2007, 12:28 AM
LSU

11-1 SEC Champs

NC contenders

TigerBait45
07-08-2007, 01:12 AM
LSU should go 10-2 at the very worst, with 11-1 or 12-0 distinctly possible.

All the tough games are at home except for Alabama. If they can get by Virginia Tech in week 2 the season could be special.

Green Bay Scat
07-08-2007, 06:19 AM
I feel Vandy going anywhere from 8-4 to 4-8. If we could get some luck(arkansas game last year) i think we will get our first bowl since.....i dont know

moc182
07-08-2007, 06:23 AM
6-6, 7-5, hopefully that'll lead to a winnable bowl bid.

islandboy843
07-08-2007, 06:28 AM
Clemson 10-2

Hard games at home. We could easily just go 7-5.

Don Vito
07-08-2007, 10:06 AM
Ole Miss 5-6 at best, probably 4-7. It is tough to do much in this conference, plus they are going to be relying a lot on young talent this year.

PoopSandwich
07-08-2007, 11:09 AM
I don't know who my favorite college team is, probably OSU or Miami but I'm not sure...

I don't know enough about either team right now to predict either, so they'll go both undefeated and play for it all...

Ya, right.

cardsalltheway
07-08-2007, 11:28 AM
7-5/8-4 thanks to the 4th easiest schedule in the nation.

vs Indiana State - W
@ Western Michigan - W
vs Akron - W
vs Illinois - W
@ Iowa - L
vs Minnesota - L
@ Michigan State - W
vs Penn State - L
@ Wisconsin - L
vs Ball State - W
@ Northwestern - W
vs Purdue - W

Play 13 baby!

VY10
07-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Texas - 11-1.

Alabama -8-4

miketomczak
07-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Pitt 8-4, maybe 9-3???

Hines
07-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Sep. 1 Florida Int'l w
Sep. 8 Notre Dame w
Sep. 15 Buffalo w
Sep. 22 at Michigan l
Sep. 29 at Illinois w
Oct. 6 Iowa w
Oct. 13 Wisconsin close game but i think we pull it off w
Oct. 20 at Indiana w
Oct. 27 Ohio State l
Nov. 3 Purdue w
Nov. 10 at Temple w
Nov. 17 at Michigan State w

10-2 at best...if clausen is really the real deal and the d is good which i dont think it is,then notre dame will win but i dont see that.

other then that i see us wining every game besides michigan and osu..we may lose to wisconsin but those games are always close.

if we lose to wisconsin we will be 9-3

Tampa 2 4 life
07-08-2007, 12:48 PM
USF
Elon - W
@ Auburn - L
North Carolina - W
West Virginia - W, but close
@ Florida Atlantic - W
UCF - W
@ Rutgers - L, but close
@ Connecticut - W
Cincinatti - W
@ Syracuse - W
Louisville - L
@ Pitt - W
At best 10-2, At Worst 8-4

Acreboy
07-08-2007, 12:48 PM
North Carolina - W
Don't sleep on Carolina. They will be contenders soon.

West Virginia - W, but closeNot going to happen

Syracuse - WI don't think so.

Tampa 2 4 life
07-08-2007, 12:57 PM
We have the speed on defense to beat West Virginia. See last year's game. The game could go either way.

No way UNC or Syracuse beats us.

reigle9
07-08-2007, 01:06 PM
12-0
Wisconsin doesn't match up well with us.
OSU loses way too much on O to score on us.
&$^* Michigan.

Billingsley26
07-08-2007, 01:08 PM
tPSU

FIU- Win
Notre Dame- Win
Buffalo- Win
Michigan- Win
Illinois- Win
Iowa- Win
Wisconsin- Win- could go either way. Toughest game IOd say!
Indiana- Win
Ohio State- Win
Purdue- Win
Temple- Win
Michigan State- Win

All in all, Alot returning, great team, easy schedule. Very easily a 12-0 team, possibly a 11-1 team. National Championship?? I think so.

Acreboy
07-08-2007, 01:11 PM
We have the speed on defense to beat West Virginia. See last year's game. The game could go either way.

No way UNC or Syracuse beats us.Never say no way.

No way UF beats tOSU..

HoopsDemon12
07-08-2007, 01:14 PM
Penn state... 10-2

Tampa 2 4 life
07-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Never say no way.

No way UF beats tOSU..

That's a horrible analogy, I remember at least 40% picked UF.

Also, Syracuse may very well be in the bottom 3 of the big east, and UNC is not quite their yet.

elway777
07-08-2007, 01:30 PM
LSU

11-1 SEC Champs

NC contenders

1 loss = USC

Acreboy
07-08-2007, 01:30 PM
1 loss = USCI don't think so.

Hines
07-08-2007, 01:32 PM
That's a horrible analogy, I remember at least 40% picked UF.

Also, Syracuse may very well be in the bottom 3 of the big east, and UNC is not quite their yet.

whose your team

elway777
07-08-2007, 01:33 PM
I don't think so.

Well you said national championship contenders which would mean LSU would be playing USC. And it's a close matchup, but SC has the advantage.

Tampa 2 4 life
07-08-2007, 01:33 PM
USF.

It's on the first page of the thread...

Acreboy
07-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Well you said national championship contenders which would mean LSU would be playing USC. And it's a close matchup, but SC has the advantage.Please tell me how?

elway777
07-08-2007, 01:40 PM
Please tell me how?

We have a proven QB behind center.And no, one game doesn't make Matt Flynn a good QB. He's still needs to prove how he can do against SEC defenses in a 8-10 game schedule. Plus that was one of the worst Miami teams of the decade. The loss of Jimbo Fisher will also hurt LSU a bit considering how well he worked with QB's. Besides those 2 points both teams are pretty well matched. You can make a point for whose Defense and Offense may be better though. It's real close.

Acreboy
07-08-2007, 01:50 PM
We have a proven QB behind center.And no, one game doesn't make Matt Flynn a good QB. He's still needs to prove how he can do against SEC defenses in a 8-10 game schedule. Plus that was one of the worst Miami teams of the decade. The loss of Jimbo Fisher will also hurt LSU a bit considering how well he worked with QB's. Besides those 2 points both teams are pretty well matched. You can make a point for whose Defense and Offense may be better though. It's real close.We upgraded the OC position. Jimbo got a tight ass in big games. See Auburn 04. Flynn challenged Jr for the starting spot in camp last year so if he can play at the level of the #1 overall draft pick I think he can play with the SEC. Oh and that Miami team was a pretty good team. Last year was the worst team of the decade...

BaLLiN
07-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Miami Hurricanes
9-3

easier schedule

iowatreat54
07-08-2007, 02:03 PM
We upgraded the OC position. Jimbo got a tight ass in big games. See Auburn 04. Flynn challenged Jr for the starting spot in camp last year so if he can play at the level of the #1 overall draft pick I think he can play with the SEC. Oh and that Miami team was a pretty good team. Last year was the worst team of the decade...

matt flynn is good, yes. but I highly doubt that he seriously challenged the 2-year returning, all-american candidate starting QB for the job...he might have just done really well in camp and they said he "challenged" him but realistically never had a shot of usurping JR...but thats just what I would think as an outsider...

Zyro_1014
07-08-2007, 04:38 PM
We upgraded the OC position. Jimbo got a tight ass in big games. See Auburn 04. Flynn challenged Jr for the starting spot in camp last year so if he can play at the level of the #1 overall draft pick I think he can play with the SEC. Oh and that Miami team was a pretty good team. Last year was the worst team of the decade...

LSU doesnt have the offense to score enough points on a defense like USC is goign to have. USC has 3 potential 1st round picks for linebackers and 2 1st rounders on the D LINE along with a couple of other studs. USC's offense is good enough to score at least 28 on anyone in the country.

Sveen
07-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Texas Longhorns: 11-1

TigerBait45
07-08-2007, 11:21 PM
LSU's offense will be..solid. Thats not whats going to win them games though. They should have one of the 2 or 3 best defenses in the country.

The only player of consequence (i.e. someone not easily replaced) they lost on D is LaRon Landry. Everyone else comes back.

Sniper
07-08-2007, 11:45 PM
12-0
Wisconsin doesn't match up well with us.
OSU loses way too much on O to score on us.
&$^* Michigan.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 12-0 with Morelli at QB? Come on, let's not get carried away. Looks like you don't like Michigan. Is it because you can't beat them? ;)

Vs. Appalachian State: Win
Vs. Oregon: Win May be one of the most entertaining games of the year.
Vs. Notre Dame: Win.
Vs. Penn State: Win. Close game, I think Michigan's firepower wins them a close game
@ Northwestern: Win
Vs. Eastern Michigan: Our directional Michigan win of the year
Vs. Purdue: Purdue could make it rain on our secondary, but then again, Manningham can do the same to them. Win
@ Illinois: Close game but we beat an up and coming team.
Vs. Minnesota: Win
@ Michigan State: Come on, it's Sparty. Win
@ Wisconsin: This team is damn good, and I am concerned that their QB may have progressed nicely up to this game. You know the Badgers will be ready for this one. Toss-up
Vs. Ohio State: I like to think if we got a shot vs. the Buckeyes, this is the year. Then again, the numbers 1-5 pop up. Toss-Up

So I say anywhere between 10-2 and 12-0. If Morgan Trent and Johnny Sears remember they're supposed to stop receivers from catching the ball and we get Warren in there early, our biggest weakness could turn to be not so bad.

Sniper
07-08-2007, 11:49 PM
tPSU

FIU- Win
Notre Dame- Win
Buffalo- Win
Michigan- Win
Illinois- Win
Iowa- Win
Wisconsin- Win- could go either way. Toughest game IOd say!
Indiana- Win
Ohio State- Win
Purdue- Win
Temple- Win
Michigan State- Win

All in all, Alot returning, great team, easy schedule. Very easily a 12-0 team, possibly a 11-1 team. National Championship?? I think so.

Easy schedule? Some are, yes. But you do play Michigan on the road where you haven't won in 3,498 years. I don't think I'm being a homer when I'm saying it's gonna be a tough game for you.

As far as LSU goes, like someone said, the offense will be solid but unspectacular. Doucet will get his catches, Flynn will most likely be very good etc..Who's the starting RB by the way? I haven't looked lately. Vincent? And that defense, damn. Just wow. I'm so pumped for the Va Tech/LSU game.

Primetime21
07-08-2007, 11:49 PM
Weber State W
at Washington W
Wyoming W
Southern Miss. W (Kinda worried about them)
New Mexico St. W
Nevada W
at Louisiana Tech W
at Fresno State W
San Jose St. W (Close)
at Utah State W
Idaho W
at Hawaii W (Lost to much starters from last year, but we do play in Hawaii)

12-0, Still not ready for NC. Wont be shocked if we go 9-3 if Hamdan does poor this season.

P-L
07-08-2007, 11:56 PM
Michigan: 11-1 going into the Bowl game.

TomatoVSC
07-09-2007, 12:03 AM
VA Tech

East Carolina -W
LSU -L
Ohio -W
William & Mary -W
North Carolina -W
Clemson -W
Duke -W
Boston College - W
Georgia Tech - W
Florida State -W
Miami -W
Virginia -W
ACC champs, possible NC contender.

11-1

TigerBait45
07-09-2007, 12:09 AM

As far as LSU goes, like someone said, the offense will be solid but unspectacular. Doucet will get his catches, Flynn will most likely be very good etc..Who's the starting RB by the way? I haven't looked lately. Vincent? And that defense, damn. Just wow. I'm so pumped for the Va Tech/LSU game.

Vincent graduated. I'm not sure who the starting running back will be, but I"m assuming Miles will use a stable of them. If I had to pick one I'd say Keiland Williams with Richard Murphy, Charles Scott, Alley Broussard, Trindon Holliday and Jacob Hester all getting carries.

I think the offense depends mostly on whether or not Brandon LaFell plays well ast the second receiver.

Sniper
07-09-2007, 12:19 AM
Vincent graduated. I'm not sure who the starting running back will be, but I"m assuming Miles will use a stable of them. If I had to pick one I'd say Keiland Williams with Richard Murphy, Charles Scott, Alley Broussard, Trindon Holliday and Jacob Hester all getting carries.

I think the offense depends mostly on whether or not Brandon LaFell plays well ast the second receiver.

Won't Holliday be used more as a Percy Harvin-type weapon? By that I mean be more involved with a few carries, maybe some screens etc....? How many carries do you expect from him?

TigerBait45
07-09-2007, 12:27 AM
Eh, they usually line him up in the backfield and throw him a sweep two or three times a game.

He gets used all over the field though, you're right. Screens, bubble screens..hes so explosive they try to get him touches on every drive.

Green Bay Scat
07-09-2007, 12:33 AM
yea vandy will go 14-0 and be National Champs.....i can dream cant i?

simms2clayton
07-09-2007, 12:34 AM
Kentucky Wildcats...you will have to see in my updated SEC Power Rankings tomorrow (which means they are coming in at either 7 or 6).

Acreboy
07-09-2007, 12:35 AM
LSU doesnt have the offense to score enough points on a defense like USC is goign to have. USC has 3 potential 1st round picks for linebackers and 2 1st rounders on the D LINE along with a couple of other studs. USC's offense is good enough to score at least 28 on anyone in the country.
Seriously who else would know LSU's offense than their own fans? LSU can hang with USC.

Jericho@SC
07-09-2007, 12:42 AM
Texas Longhorns: 11-1

I'm curious, who do Texas fans see the Longhorns losing to? Oklahoma? Or is it a forecasted random letdown against a weaker opponent?

UT has a very easy schedule this year.

Jericho@SC
07-09-2007, 12:42 AM
1 loss = USC

LOL. Elway777 you are by far my favorite poster on this board. Fight On bro.

Jericho@SC
07-09-2007, 12:47 AM

I'm not sold on Gary Crowton. Sure the Ducks put up big points against weak teams last year, but late in the season they really broke down. I don't think the Spread Offense style that he runs is very well suited for a guy like Matt Flynn.

Jonathan Stewart was stuffed last year vs. USC w/ Crowton at the helm.

Sniper
07-09-2007, 12:47 AM
Seriously who else would know LSU's offense than their own fans? LSU can hang with USC.

Come on. USC may be in a class of their own this year. They have so much talent it's not fair. Booty, Turner, Gable, McKnight, Hazelton, Baker good God the list goes on. I like Early Doucet as the #2 wideout in the SEC and I think he's got a lot of skill but I don't see LSU having the offense that SC does. Now, on defense, that's a whole different story.

Acreboy
07-09-2007, 12:52 AM
I guess we'll continue to live the underdog life. We'll get the respect one day.

Jericho@SC
07-09-2007, 12:53 AM
Come on. USC may be in a class of their own this year. They have so much talent it's not fair. Booty, Turner, Gable, McKnight, Hazelton, Baker good God the list goes on. I like Early Doucet as the #2 wideout in the SEC and I think he's got a lot of skill but I don't see LSU having the offense that SC does. Now, on defense, that's a whole different story.

I'm as big an 'SC fan as it comes, but even I'm not going to admit that they are slam dunk, head and shoulders above everyone else.

-They first have to prove that the O-Line can pave the way towards a dominant run game.

-After that, Booty has to gel w/ the receivers.

-Special teams could be a glaring weakness for the Trojans after losing K Mario Danelo. Coverage teams need to be tighter, the kicking game needs to be decent and someone has to emerge as a punt returning threat (Joe McKnight? ROJO?)

-The Trojans also need to get back to forcing more turnovers and getting more sacks from the front four. Pete Carroll is great at blitzing, but they'd be so much better if they could generate consistent pressure from just the front four.

-Finally the Trojans have to avoid injury.

If these things can happen, I'd be very confident in USC. But as it usually is, a lot of things have to go right for a team to win a Championship.

Sniper
07-09-2007, 12:54 AM
I guess we'll continue to live the underdog life. We'll get the respect one day.

What are you talking about? Because I said SC has a better offense? LSU is one of the top 3 most talented teams in the country. They're not going to score points like Texas Tech, but their defense is unreal and I think it will be LSU/USC for the title, though I'd love to see Michigan in there.

Sniper
07-09-2007, 12:56 AM
I'm as big an 'SC fan as it comes, but even I'm not going to admit that they are slam dunk, head and shoulders above everyone else.

-They first have to prove that the O-Line can pave the way towards a dominant run game.

-After that, Booty has to gel w/ the receivers.

-Special teams could be a glaring weakness for the Trojans after losing K Mario Danelo. Coverage teams need to be tighter, the kicking game needs to be decent and someone has to emerge as a punt returning threat (Joe McKnight? ROJO?)

-The Trojans also need to get back to forcing more turnovers and getting more sacks from the front four. Pete Carroll is great at blitzing, but they'd be so much better if they could generate consistent pressure from just the front four.

-Finally the Trojans have to avoid injury.

If these things can happen, I'd be very confident in USC. But as it usually is, a lot of things have to go right for a team to win a Championship.

God I hate seeing the name Rojo. I would have loved him. But hey, we got Warren which was a bigger need. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rojo and McKnight get reps at returns. I don't think you have to worry about the front four this year. Jackson, Ellis, Griffen oh my. I'm sure I missed some studs don't flip out.

Acreboy
07-09-2007, 12:56 AM
What are you talking about? Because I said SC has a better offense? LSU is one of the top 3 most talented teams in the country. They're not going to score points like Texas Tech, but their defense is unreal and I think it will be LSU/USC for the title, though I'd love to see Michigan in there.People just find a way to underrate us every year.

Personally, if LSU and Michigan are both 12-1 and USC is 13-0, Michigan will play in the MNC. Just how things are.

TigerBait45
07-09-2007, 12:59 AM
actually nevermind I'm tired and don't knwo what I'm saying.

Sniper
07-09-2007, 01:02 AM
People just find a way to underrate us every year.

Personally, if LSU and Michigan are both 12-1 and USC is 13-0, Michigan will play in the MNC. Just how things are.

Yeah right. Not after all the SEC yokels start *****ing and moaning "The SEC is better than the NFL" yadda yadda yadda. Especially after last year's NC game.

Acreboy
07-09-2007, 01:08 AM
Yeah right. Not after all the SEC yokels start *****ing and moaning "The SEC is better than the NFL" yadda yadda yadda. Especially after last year's NC game.LSU got gypped out of the Rose Bowl last year.

Jericho@SC
07-09-2007, 01:12 AM
LSU got gypped out of the Rose Bowl last year.

LSU vs. USC last year would have been very interesting. But tradition is tradition, so Pac-10 vs. Big 10 it had to be.

Green Bay Scat
07-09-2007, 01:12 AM
People just find a way to underrate us every year.

my only question is htf USC goes 13-0 when they play 12 games.....are they so good NCAA gave them another win for nothing?

Sniper
07-09-2007, 01:39 AM
my only question is htf USC goes 13-0 when they play 12 games.....are they so good NCAA gave them another win for nothing?

Better believe it. They're that good ;) I think the 13 refers to the NC game.

Acreboy, the Rose Bowl has traditionally been Pac-10 vs. Big 10, and the committee jumped at the chance of USC/Michigan. Just tradition, that's all. Plus, you got an extra home game out of the deal and you got to make ND look overrated again. That's always fun;)

andyjo672
07-10-2007, 11:56 AM
Wisconsin

10-2
11-1
12-0

It will be one of those three, I'm fairly confident in that. Tyler Donovan or Alan Everidge will be more than a fine replacement for Stocco (maybe even an upgrade). They both have real game experience, Everidge at KSU and Donovan in the final two regular season games.

The three games that should present a problem are Penn State, Michigan, and OSU. Wisco has owned OSU as of late, at home and away, so I believe that should translate into a least one victory in three. The game with Michigan last year was actually extremely close through the third quarter so it should be interesting especially since its at Camp Randal. I just don't see Morelli being able to do anything against the Wisc. defense. So most likely 11-1, BCS at large birth with the guaranteed birth going to Michigan.

Acreboy
07-10-2007, 11:58 AM
my only question is htf USC goes 13-0 when they play 12 games.....are they so good NCAA gave them another win for nothing?Well the SEC is so tough that we have a conference game. I factored their conference game in too by mistake. They always win their conference out right.

Better believe it. They're that good ;) I think the 13 refers to the NC game.

Acreboy, the Rose Bowl has traditionally been Pac-10 vs. Big 10, and the committee jumped at the chance of USC/Michigan. Just tradition, that's all. Plus, you got an extra home game out of the deal and you got to make ND look overrated again. That's always fun;)This is true, I just believe that LSU/USC would have been a better game. Anyway, yeah, making ND look overrated was fun.

DLS42
07-10-2007, 12:05 PM
Cal
Anywhere from 9-3 to 12-0 depending on how well our coners develop. The biggest test will come from SC as usual with tough stops at Oregon and against Tenn.

BuckNaked
07-10-2007, 10:18 PM
Kentucky: 7-5

They've got a tough schedule.

LB51
07-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Linebacker U

Florida Int'l Win
Notre Dame Win
Buffalo Win
at Michigan Loss
at Illinois Win
Iowa Win
Wisconsin Loss
at Indiana Win
Ohio State Win
Purdue Win
at Temple Win
at Michigan State Win

neko4
07-10-2007, 10:44 PM
Maryland Best Case:
Villanova- W
FIU- W
West VA- L
Wake Forest- W
Rutgers- W
G Tech- L
UVA- W
Clemson- W
UNC- W
BC- W
FSU- W
NC State- W

10-2

Worst Case
Villanova- W
FIU- W
West VA- L
Wake Forest- L
Rutgers- L
G Tech- L
UVA- W
Clemson- L
UNC- W
BC- L
FSU- L
NC State- W

5-7

Most Likely
Villanova- W
FIU- W
West VA- L
Wake Forest- L
Rutgers- L
G Tech- L
UVA- W
Clemson- W
UNC- W
BC- W/L
FSU- W/L
NC State- W

6-6 or 8-4

elway777
07-10-2007, 11:25 PM
USC=

Best case=12-0
Worst case=10-2

BrownsTown
07-11-2007, 11:33 AM
As an OSU fan, I feel lucky. Only 2 tough games in Michigan and Wisconsin, which they'll probably lose. Out of the others, I think they could have an upset at a smaller school like Indiana (Who I think will be really good), so I'll say 3 losses for the Bucks.

OSU will NOT lose to Penn State this year.

cardsalltheway
07-11-2007, 11:50 AM
As an OSU fan, I feel lucky. Only 2 tough games in Michigan and Wisconsin, which they'll probably lose. Out of the others, I think they could have an upset at a smaller school like Indiana (Who I think will be really good), so I'll say 3 losses for the Bucks.

IU doesn't play OSU this year, luckily

BrownsTown
07-11-2007, 11:54 AM
IU doesn't play OSU this year, luckily

Ok maybe 2 losses then. Wow, another break.

TouchdownUSC
07-11-2007, 03:58 PM
USC - undefeated (crossing my fingers)

TouchdownUSC
07-11-2007, 04:01 PM
1 loss = USC

1 loss to who? Cal?

Acreboy
07-11-2007, 04:11 PM
1 loss to who? Cal?He's sasying LSU's 1 loss would be to USC in the NC game

Sniper
07-11-2007, 09:05 PM

I think that's accurate.

kwilk103
07-12-2007, 03:22 AM
wvu

12-0

Sniper
07-12-2007, 04:48 AM
wvu

12-0

With that badass schedule I could see it. Louisville may have something to say about that along with Rutgers.

scottyboy
07-12-2007, 07:31 AM
BUFFALO (home) W

NAVY (home) W

NORFOLK STATE(homecoming) W

MARYLAND(home) tough game, close, but W

CINCINNATI(home) W, oh my will we get revenge

Syracuse(in 'cus) W

SOUTH FLORIDA(home) W, but im only so confident because it's a home game. Close game, USF is on the rise.

WEST VIRGINIA(home) W, mainly again, because we're home. Last year, we hung with them up til the end. another exciting matchup, but i say we come out on top

Connecticut(in UCONN) W

Army(in West Point) W

PITTSBURGH(home) W

Louisville( in Lou.) L, We will lose one game, either to WVA or Lou. I think this one, because the pressure of going undefeated(hopefully) and the WVA game is at home. I feel Louisville, with a new coach and RB will have 2 losses, but part of me says only 1 because of Brohm. I predict Rutgers and WVA will be tied at 11-1 atop the Big East with Louisville behind with 2 losses. Rutgers has the tiebreaker over WVA with the win and goes to a BCS bowl!!

now, yes, some of this may be homerism, but looking at the schedule, it's not out of the question by any means. the 2 games I'm most afraid of(other than WVA and Lou.) are USF and maybe Cincy, but trust me, the RU faithful and players do not forget last year's awful game at cincy, and the USF game was close last year, but this year its at home

mqtirishfan
07-12-2007, 11:45 AM
I'd say 8-4 with some luck, or 7-5/6-6. It all comes down to the UCLA, GT and MSU games.

Georgia Tech Toss-up, but I'm siding with a W
(24) Penn State L
(8) Michigan L
Michigan State W
at Purdue W
at UCLA Toss-up
(20) Boston College Toss-up
(4) USC Awful, awful L
Navy W
Air Force W
Duke W
at Stanford W

Sniper
07-12-2007, 03:54 PM
I'd say 8-4 with some luck, or 7-5/6-6. It all comes down to the UCLA, GT and MSU games.

Georgia Tech Toss-up, but I'm siding with a W
(24) Penn State L
(8) Michigan L
Michigan State W
at Purdue W
at UCLA Toss-up
(20) Boston College Toss-up
(4) USC Awful, awful L
Navy W
Air Force W
Duke W
at Stanford W

Just wondering something. Are those rankings at the end of this season because I think all those teams will be ranked higher. Is it your ranking or the end of season one?

mqtirishfan
07-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Just wondering something. Are those rankings at the end of this season because I think all those teams will be ranked higher. Is it your ranking or the end of season one?

Just what I got off of Yahoo sports. I believe it's end of season. I honestly have no idea.

Geomar
07-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Miami Hurricanes

Marshall= (W)
Oklahoma= (W/L) close game no matter what anybody says.
FIU= (W) i wonder if there will be another brawl it is at the OB again. by this game we will be in the top 25
Tex A&M= (W) but very close game.
Duke= (W) if we dont have a bunch of suspended players it will be a easy win.
North Carolina= (W) easy win like the duke game.
Georgia Tech= (W) not an easy win but were at home we have the advantage this year.
Florida State= (W/L) u wont believe this but i think by the time these two play each other they will be in the top 20-10. i think it will go any way both teams are stacked with talent.
NC State= (W) we will win by 2 TD's
Virginia= (W) last year was big time ******** we will win hands down
VT= (W/L) i have some kind of feeling by this point in the season we would probably show the world that we deserve respect again.
Boston college= (W) we win by a TD or FG.

best case: 12-0 regular season the acc title might give the little edge to play in the NC
worst case: 8-4 regular season bowl game win or loss
in between: 10-2 or 9-3

no will agree with me but FSU and Miami will have their comeback this year.

Go Canes

Brent
07-12-2007, 06:03 PM
9-3

Sep 1 - Montana State (Win)
Sep 8 - Fresno State (Win)
Sep 15 - Louisiana-Monroe (Win)
Sep 20 - @ Miami (Loss)
Sep 29 - Baylor (Win)
Oct 6 - Oklahoma State (Win)
Oct 13 - @ Texas Tech (L)
Oct 20 - @ Nebraska (L)
Oct 27 - Kansas (Win)
Nov 3 - @ Oklahoma (Win)
Nov 10 - @ Missouri (Win)
Nov 23 - Texas (Win... I only say this because it's in College Station)

Badger_Fan
07-12-2007, 06:08 PM
The Wisconsin Badgers, going 11-1 with their only loss to Michigan.

San Diego Chicken
07-12-2007, 08:39 PM
My beloved school is Arizona State. With Dennis Erickson, things are looking up and the team is flying a little under the radar this season for a change, unlike the last two where ASU was ranked in the preseason only to end up with a mediocre season. The schedule is very workable -

09/01 San Jose St 10:00 PM
09/08 Colorado 10:15 PM
09/15 SDSU 10:00 PM
09/22 Oregon St 9:00 PM
09/29 at Stanford 10:00 PM
10/06 at Wash St TBD
10/13 Washington TBD
10/27 California 10:00 PM
11/03 at Oregon 3:30 PM
11/10 at UCLA TBD
11/22 USC 8:00 PM
12/01 Arizona 8:00 PM

The non conference schedule is easy, three home games vs. teams ASU is clearly better than.

In the Pac 10, ASU has USC, California and Oregon State at home, and UCLA and Oregon on the road, with a tricky game at Washington State. I think this schedule is favorable enough to have a 6-3 or 5-4 conference record, which would put ASU at 9-3 or 8-4 overall. It really all depends on how Rudy Carpenter rebounds from his sophomore slump and if any recievers step up. Ryan Torain should help him out (1200+ yard rusher in 06) and ASU's defense is average, not exactly good, but not too bad either.

jbeans187
07-13-2007, 01:01 AM
I love Miami but Geomar's list is exactly what i would have had, and WVU will be 12 - 0, so i ll do Mizzou, which is my school...

Illinois - close, high scoring game, cant wait to watch this one. W

Ole Miss - close game again, i have a gut feeling we ll lose bc its at Ole Miss. But W

Western Michigan - Win

Illinois State - Win

Nebraska - Another game im looking forward too, this game makes the season. Win and hopefully the Big 12 north

Oklahoma - Loss, i dont think we have a chance

Texas Tech - Should be fun to watch with it getting into the 40's. W

Iowa St. - We got screwed last year, wont happen again. W

Colorado - Close bc its at CU but it shouldnt be too bad. W

Texas A&M - Another game im looking forward to seeing, its at home but so it could go either way but i dont want to set my expectations too high. L

K State - Close game but we should pull it out. W

Kansas - Win, No doubts

As i look at this 11-1 is possible but unlikely bc of our young defense, 10-2 or 9-3, and hopefully the big 12 north.

kwilk103
07-13-2007, 02:25 AM
With that badass schedule I could see it. Louisville may have something to say about that along with Rutgers.

ul is at home at night; we dont lose home night games

the rugters game was close, BUT they have never faced pat white; i think rugters comes back down to earth this year

Sniper
07-13-2007, 05:30 AM
ul is at home at night; we dont lose home night games

the rugters game was close, BUT they have never faced pat white; i think rugters comes back down to earth this year

Pat White is highly, highly overrated. But that system works wonders. I wouldn't be surprised to see Brohm from UL throw for 400 yards and 4-5 touchdowns on your secondary. The defense is the only reason I don't see WVU in the national title game.

StaticGator
07-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Gators 10-2 or 9-3 before maybe playing in the SEC championship game, depending on how things shake out. They'll be the highest ranked team with however many losses they have.

cardsalltheway
07-13-2007, 01:12 PM
BUFFALO (home) W

NAVY (home) W

NORFOLK STATE(homecoming) W

Two homes games and then homecoming?

kwilk103
07-13-2007, 04:06 PM
Pat White is highly, highly overrated. But that system works wonders. I wouldn't be surprised to see Brohm from UL throw for 400 yards and 4-5 touchdowns on your secondary. The defense is the only reason I don't see WVU in the national title game.

pat white isnt overrated; maybe as a prospect, but not as a college player

brohms stats for the game 19/26 354yds 13.6 avg 1 td 0 int

TRENT GUY 40 YD PUNT RETURN--we do a rugby punt and the old punter punted it to the wrong side; the coverage went left and he punted right--last time he saw the field
MALIK JACKSON 13 YD DEFENSIVE FUMBLE RETURN--slatons wrist was messed up; got it fixed, shouldnt be a problem

thats what killed us; not brohm

the defense will be better this year; it cant be worse

Pat White 13/20 222 11.1 ---passing stats
Steve Slaton 18 156 8.7 avg 1 td
Pat White 23 125 5.4 avg 4 td---rushing stats

wvu was w/o slaton for the 3rd quarter, and we didnt have a decent backup; we now have devine

latonul always chokes on the road---usf, wvu, rugters

wvu will go undefeated

Brent
07-13-2007, 04:14 PM
slaton was w/o slaton for the 3rd quarter
He certainly was

iowatreat54
07-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Two homes games and then homecoming?

homecoming usually isn't your first home game...in case that's what you're getting at...

scottyboy
07-13-2007, 07:11 PM
wvu will go undefeated

if that happens, i will wear a WVU sig

Tampa 2 4 life
07-13-2007, 10:27 PM
wvu will go undefeated

Louisville and Rutgers will both copy the same defense USF used to shutdown your running game.

You will lose one of the aforementioned games With USF getting about a 50% shot of beating you again depending on how quick the new starters at OLB are.

WVU - 10-2

TigerBait45
07-13-2007, 10:47 PM
WVU isn't going undefeated unless they magically find a defense.

jbeans187
07-13-2007, 11:40 PM
WVU isn't going undefeated unless they magically find a defense.

I dont think they need one, the ground game is syk

kwilk103
07-14-2007, 01:14 AM
Louisville and Rutgers will both copy the same defense USF used to shutdown your running game.

You will lose one of the aforementioned games With USF getting about a 50% shot of beating you again depending on how quick the new starters at OLB are.

WVU - 10-2

again, pat white was injured and that was the same week as rod going to alabama--he took 100% of the blame for the loss--said he was thinking about alabama and his play calling sucked

white had an injured ankle the whole game and missed the game next week vs rugters

the only game we could lose is usf; ul always loses a tough road game, and we wont lose to rugters; they had their best team last year, and we beat them with our back-up rsfreshman qb; theyve never seen pat white

and when we went 3-8 in rods first year, one of our worst teams ever, we beat rugters 80-7; we dont lose to rugters

ul and rugters dont have the defensive speed to stop devine, white, slaton; usf is the only team that could beat us

ul wont cuz they arent a good road team, have a new coach, like 7 new starters on d, and are coming to morgantown on a thursday night game; we hardly ever lose night games

TigerBait45
07-14-2007, 02:26 PM

It may be, but if you can't stop anyone you're gonna get outscored. Thats the problem with a team that doesn't really throw the ball around. You eventually run out of time because running eats clock. Louisiville could give up 50 points, but with that offense they could score 60 on WVU's d.

cardsalltheway
07-14-2007, 04:41 PM
homecoming usually isn't your first home game...in case that's what you're getting at...

No, I was getting at the fact that you're supposed to have a road game before homecoming, since you're not really "coming home" if you play a home game before.

iowatreat54
07-15-2007, 04:29 PM
No, I was getting at the fact that you're supposed to have a road game before homecoming, since you're not really "coming home" if you play a home game before.

ahhh yes good call...I didn't really even notice that at first

GB12
07-15-2007, 05:15 PM
11-1

Lose to Michigan by 3 to 10 points. Beat Penn State in a fairly close game. Beat OSU by double digits.

Sniper
07-15-2007, 07:10 PM

The Arkansas ground game is better. They still need a defense. The Clemson running game is about equal. They still need a defense. You can`t have one of the worst defenses in the country and expect to win a national title.

jbeans187
07-16-2007, 02:41 AM
The Arkansas ground game is better. They still need a defense. The Clemson running game is about equal. They still need a defense. You can`t have one of the worst defenses in the country and expect to win a national title.

I exagerated, i know they need a defense, they should improve, but the secondary is still questionable. WVU's ground game is better than Clemson's and a close second to Arkansas'

kwilk103
07-16-2007, 04:13 AM
Rank Name Games Carries Net Avg. TDs Ydspg
2 West Virginia 13 590 3939 6.68 48 303.00
4 Arkansas 14 539 3199 5.94 26 228.50

Sniper
07-16-2007, 05:18 AM
Rank Name Games Carries Net Avg. TDs Ydspg
2 West Virginia 13 590 3939 6.68 48 303.00
4 Arkansas 14 539 3199 5.94 26 228.50

WVU Schedule: Marshall, Eastern Washington, Maryland, Eastern Carolina, Mississippi State, Syracuse, Connecticut, Louisville, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, South Florida, Rutgers, Georgia Tech

Arkansas Schedule: USC, Utah State, Vanderbilt, Alabama, Auburn, SE Missouri State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Mississippi State, LSU, Florida, Wisconsin

Looking at those two schedules, I`d have to say that while WVU may have better numbers inflated by playing a bunch of cupcakes and running 61 more times, I stand by my statement that the Arkansas rushing attack is better. I`m hardly what you would call an SEC fan, but anytime you have the two top rushers in the SEC I`m inclined to say that`s pretty decent.

StaticGator
07-16-2007, 08:47 AM
Arkansas clearly has a more legit ground game based on the level of defenses they play and the amount of NFL offensive linemen they produce.

kwilk103
07-16-2007, 02:17 PM
running 61 more times

then explain the almost 1 yd per carry more? shouldnt it be the other way around?

or how bout common opponents? uga '05 or miss st '06; wvu outrushed ark by a significant amount against both

Sniper
07-16-2007, 02:47 PM
then explain the almost 1 yd per carry more? shouldnt it be the other way around?

or how bout common opponents? uga '05 or miss st '06; wvu outrushed ark by a significant amount against both

Miss.St yeah that`s a great measuring stick. :rolleyes: Yes, I`m sorry but playing the SEC is much tougher than the Big Least and cupcakes like Marshall so a full yard isn`t hard to envision.

TigerBait45
07-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Don't bother trying to debate with him. Hes blind.

kwilk103
07-16-2007, 05:08 PM
so, youd take the backfield of jones/mcfadden over white/slaton/devine?

as a college player slaton>mcfadden

as far as stats go slaton has him in every major one

GB12
07-16-2007, 06:11 PM

Uh, no. Given a choice of who I'd rather have on my team I'm taking McFadden every time.

OhioState
07-16-2007, 06:16 PM
The Ohio State University
Younstown St.- W Easiest game of all time
Akron- W another easy one
Washington- W we will be ready and will take them down
Northwestern- W easy again
Minnesota- W two touchdowns +
Purdue- W
Kent St.- W At the Shoe we dominate
Mich St.- W Homecoming we win easy
Penn St- W although i am worried about a night game at PSU i don't see us losing
Wisco- W/L our D will be amazing by now and will shut down hill and whatever else they can throw at us. I also think that Wells will prove himself one of the best by this time.
Illinois- W although they are getting better we will still destroy them
Mich- W/L At the Big House but i think that the D will be very strong but we will need to put up points.

Best Case 12-0 11-1
Worst Case- 10-2

-black
07-16-2007, 06:53 PM
For Florida State? Thats some wishful thinking. Best case scenario imo for you guys is about 8-4, maybe 7-5. You guys have a brutal schedule. You have to go to Florida, Wake Forest, Clemson, Virginia Tech, and Boston College.

and we will be favored in all of those road games except Tech and Florida

we have more talent than every team on there and except debatable ones (Tech and Florida)

now we have the offensive coaches to go along with the 5 star talent. I GURENTEE...I'd quit this board if we dont go at least 9-3

TigerBait45
07-16-2007, 07:09 PM

Are you kidding me? I'm taking Jones/McFadden over anyone. Felix Jones could be a feature back anywhere else and hes the second option at Arkansas. Stats don't mean everything. Slaton ran against several inferior defenses last year. McFadden ran for 250 yards against an LSU run defense that was one of the top 5 in the nation last year.

Devine hasn't even taken a college snap, either. Hes got a lot to prove.

You're being a homer. Is WVU's backfield great? Sure it is. Its one of the best in the nation, but they're not on the same level as McFadden/Felix Jones.

StaticGator
07-17-2007, 07:17 AM
and we will be favored in all of those road games except Tech and Florida

we have more talent than every team on there and except debatable ones (Tech and Florida)

now we have the offensive coaches to go along with the 5 star talent. I GURENTEE...I'd quit this board if we dont go at least 9-3

How is it even debatable Florida has doesn't have more talent?

Sniper
07-17-2007, 07:31 AM

As a college player Slaton is not better than McFadden. McFadden finished second in Heisman voting last year, for one. In two seasons Slaton has a combined 3,327 yards and 37 touchdowns. McFadden has combined for 3,653 yards and 30 touchdowns. McFadden has also played in the toughest conference in college football. Devine hasn`t done anything to prove the hype, so he`s out the window. So yes, I will take McFadden and Jones over White and Slaton.

TigerBait, please tell me how I`m blind. Look at this argument and tell me how I`m blind.

TigerBait45
07-17-2007, 11:23 AM
I didn't mean you =P.

-black
07-17-2007, 01:41 PM
How is it even debatable Florida has doesn't have more talent?

lets debate shall we?

UF-1
FSU-21 (limited scholarships because of only around 6 seniors on the team)

UF-2
FSU-3

FSU-2
UF-15 (limited scholarships to offer)

FSU-3
UF-7

FSU-21
UF-2

FSU has averaged around a class rank of 12
UF has averaged around a class rank of 5

in 5 years, UF has out recruited FSU 3 times by Rivals....thats pretty close (especially considering that FSU twice has had limited scholarships to offer because of so few seniors)

FSU has EASILY produced more NFL players in that 5 year span. By recruiting rankings, you can say UF has better "star" rankings. By NFL standards, FSU has more talent (or better suited NFL talent). With your 2nd best team ever, and our worse under Bowden, we still barely lost.

If you truly think UF has alot more talent than FSU you are kidding yourself and borderline crazy. It has been the offensive coaching that has hindered the team....Now with capable coaches, coaching all of the 5 star talent (having featured number 1 QB's, RB's, WR's the past 5 years) the play on the field will improve.

Its debatable who has more talent between us and UF. ...if you want to go by roster than fine

UF wins for QB
FSU wins for RB (a 5 star, and 2 rivals 100 RB's and another 4 star)
I will give UF WR
UF wins for TE (since Brandon Warren left...but last year it was FSU)
OL win for UF

3 to 1 in favor of the Gators.....now lets get to the defensive units

DE win for UF
DT win for FSU
LB win for FSU
CB win for FSU
S win for FSU

5 to 4 in favor of FSU for unit rankings....you could expand OL and it would be either 7-5 or 6 up...but you get the picture, its very close

FSU is the only team in Phil Steeles (supposedly the most accurate magazine the past 8 years) to be a top 10 team in every unit category this season....

Sniper
07-17-2007, 10:18 PM
I didn't mean you =P.

My apologies to you then.

StaticGator
07-18-2007, 08:04 AM
lets debate shall we?

UF-1
FSU-21 (limited scholarships because of only around 6 seniors on the team)

UF-2
FSU-3

FSU-2
UF-15 (limited scholarships to offer)

FSU-3
UF-7

FSU-21
UF-2

FSU has averaged around a class rank of 12
UF has averaged around a class rank of 5

in 5 years, UF has out recruited FSU 3 times by Rivals....thats pretty close (especially considering that FSU twice has had limited scholarships to offer because of so few seniors)

FSU has EASILY produced more NFL players in that 5 year span. By recruiting rankings, you can say UF has better "star" rankings. By NFL standards, FSU has more talent (or better suited NFL talent). With your 2nd best team ever, and our worse under Bowden, we still barely lost.

If you truly think UF has alot more talent than FSU you are kidding yourself and borderline crazy. It has been the offensive coaching that has hindered the team....Now with capable coaches, coaching all of the 5 star talent (having featured number 1 QB's, RB's, WR's the past 5 years) the play on the field will improve.

Its debatable who has more talent between us and UF. ...if you want to go by roster than fine

UF wins for QB
FSU wins for RB (a 5 star, and 2 rivals 100 RB's and another 4 star)
I will give UF WR
UF wins for TE (since Brandon Warren left...but last year it was FSU)
OL win for UF

3 to 1 in favor of the Gators.....now lets get to the defensive units

DE win for UF
DT win for FSU
LB win for FSU
CB win for FSU
S win for FSU

5 to 4 in favor of FSU for unit rankings....you could expand OL and it would be either 7-5 or 6 up...but you get the picture, its very close

FSU is the only team in Phil Steeles (supposedly the most accurate magazine the past 8 years) to be a top 10 team in every unit category this season....

a.) Three in a row. Should be four if not for one of the worst officiated games in history. Will be four this season. And if you think last years game was close, Meyer clearly put the offense on cruise control when he relaized his defense wasn't going to be challenged and started getting ready for the SEC Championship game.

b.) Record last three years: UF: 29-9 (1 home loss), FSU: 24-14 (6 home losses). One team is on the upswing, one team is going the other way.

c.) I assume you're looking at Rivals' rankings and they are known shills for FSU. For example Scout has FSU's 2006 class ranked #12 while Rivals had it #3. On field record would tend to favor Scout.

d.) These rankings are from the first week of February and don't account for all the non-qualifiers Bowden has signed at the end of the period the last few years. Callahan Bright was a 5 star DT from 2006 who has taken as many classes in Tallahassee as I have. He's far from the only one. Then you have guys like Fred Rouse. So recruiting rankings don't mean what you say when evaluating on the field product.

e.) As for the unit breakdowns, UF lost 9 starters on defense so it's easy to give the leg up to FSU right now, but by the end of the season you don't think guys like Brandon Spikes, Jacques Rickerson, Brandon Antwine, Dustin Doe, AJ Jones, Terron Sanders, Markihe Anderson, and Wondy Pierre-Louis will make it interesting? And there's a decent chance Jon Demps will be back.

-black
07-18-2007, 10:13 AM
One team is on the upswing, one team is going the other way.

the biggest point you seem to be overlooking

the EXACT YEAR JEFF BOWDEN TOOK OVER, OUR OFFENSE WENT ON DECLINE.

we have recruited the same caliber offensive talent, and NOW we have the coaches to coach them...talent wise, this team is no less talented than the 2000 squad (except maybe for OL)...

our cancer is gone, not only Jeff, but Dicky and McHale. We have a top notch coaching staff FINNALLY. I think you are forgetting what a coaching change can do to your team (replacing Zook with Meyer). No one questioned your talent when you were 8-5. (and we had beatin u 3 of 4) We knew it was bad coaching. Meyer won with Zooks recruits (who were medicore on the field) and Jimbo and Tricket will do the same with our players.

and who cares how many players UF lost. FSU lost alot more quality the past 2 years on defense, and this year their defense will be much better than UF's undersized squad. Like I said, its debeteable. UF does NOT clearly have more talent than FSU....and it will show on the field this year

StaticGator
07-20-2007, 08:59 AM
and who cares how many players UF lost. FSU lost alot more quality the past 2 years on defense, and this year their defense will be much better than UF's undersized squad. Like I said, its debeteable. UF does NOT clearly have more talent than FSU....and it will show on the field this year

I'm saying with all the players lost on defense you can't assume in July FSU is going to be better just because you know who they are. By the end of the season it could very well be a different story. What makes you say UF is going to be undersized? Not everything is determined right now, but the lineup should look like this:

DE: Derrick Harvey 6'5" 262 lbs, Lawrence Marsh 6'5" 273 lbs, Trent Pupello 6'2" 276 lbs
DT: Javier Estopinan 6'1" 278 lbs, Terron Sanders 6'1" 289 lbs, Brandon Antwine 5'11" 268 lbs, Lutrell Alford 6'1" 304 lbs
LB: Brandon Spikes 6'3" 243 lbs, Dustin Doe 6'0" 223 lbs, Ryan Stamper 6'1" 226 lbs, (maybe) Jon Demps 6'4" 235 lbs
S: Tony Joiner 5'11" 218 lbs, Kyle Jackson 6'1" 202 lbs, Dorian Munroe 5'11" 207 lbs, Jamar Hornsby 6'2" 193 lbs
CB: Markihe Anderson 5'9" 178 lbs, Wondy Pierre-Louis 6'1" 177 lbs, Jacques Rickerson 5'9" 173 lbs

http://www.gatorzone.com/football/bios.php?year=2007&order_by=position

Looks pretty typical of all good teams.

BigJohn98
07-20-2007, 09:05 AM

LMFAO. Big time homer alert.

Vikes99ej
07-20-2007, 06:14 PM
Virginia Tech: 12-2 (1 loss to LSU, and another loss to some random team. Tech always seems to have one game a year where they just do not show up)

TCU
07-21-2007, 03:41 PM
TCU 11-2 (losses at Texas and to some random team most likely Utah)

Pioneer Las Vegas bowl win over the UCLA bruins

LonghornsLegend
07-22-2007, 02:09 AM
Well I wanna say 13-0, because on paper we look like we can beat everyone on our schedule, not having a powerhouse out of conference game, and with oklahoma having a new qb and rb, its possible for it to happen...

but ive seen things go bad too many times...I think we screw one up like always, probably Tech, and win out from there...but id say we are a lock for a BCS game, call me a homer if you like

Sniper
07-22-2007, 02:18 AM
Well I wanna say 13-0, because on paper we look like we can beat everyone on our schedule, not having a powerhouse out of conference game, and with oklahoma having a new qb and rb, its possible for it to happen...

but ive seen things go bad too many times...I think we screw one up like always, probably Tech, and win out from there...but id say we are a lock for a BCS game, call me a homer if you like

You're not being a homer, you're being right. However I don't expect a huge drop-off in OU's run game and they did win the Big 12 last year with a WR as a QB, so anything's possible. Definitely one of my favorite games to watch every year. Just watch out for Kansas State ;)