PDA

View Full Version : Any new news on Pat Pass or Troy Brown?

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
07-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Any word as to whether either of these two will be returning this year?

ElectricEye
07-08-2007, 12:38 PM
I think Pass is pretty much gone. Heath Evans is more of a true fullback, and Garrett Mills is still with the team(we might never see him though) so we're pretty good there. Pass was great for us a few years ago, but since then has fallen off the face of the earth.
As for Troy, I hope so. I don't know if we have a spot for him though. If we don't....hopefully he starts coaching with us.

07-08-2007, 05:09 PM
If only he changed his name to Patrick Run. Then maybe he could have had a shot as 3rd down back.

Jvig43
07-08-2007, 09:21 PM
BB has been quoted a few times that if troy wants a spot on the team, he has one. I think the problem is browns knee. hes been having problems with it and think he had surgery on it or is having surgery on it soon. The results should determine what happens with Brown, that and whether he feels like he can compete for a a starting spot. Hes said he wants to remain a patriot, i hope he joins the coaching staff, i love this guy, one of my all time favourite players, id love to have him on the sidelines if he decides not to play. As for pass....i doubt well sign him. Its been a couple of years since hes even played a down, i just dont see us signing him.

Don Vito
07-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Troy Brown was signed to a 1 year deal today (by us).

Don't know how he's gonna see PT with our WR depth and talent, but he has found ways to make something out of nothing in the past. He could get cut or retire, but I don't see that happening.

ElectricEye
07-10-2007, 05:50 PM
I don't think he would get cut.
I think this spells doom for either Gaffney or Caldwell.

luckyjackaubrey
07-10-2007, 07:28 PM
There is no get cut option. This was either a last contract to ensure he retires a Patriot on his own terms or he will be on the team. If BB extended him this contract he feels he is able to contribute to the team more than other options. If Troy is not on the roster it will be him pulling out sometime before the season starts and hanging up the cleats.

I for one am very glad to see him back

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
07-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Yes I am very glad to see that Troy will be coming back. Now I will only have to worry about what becomes of Patrick Pass.