PDA

View Full Version : Best RB from Da U

Portis26
12-17-2006, 03:20 PM
Portis all the way. He has the best stats. Here's how I rank 'em.

1. Clinton Portis
2. Edgerrin James
3. Willis McGahee
4. Frank Gore

Frank Gore is the most overrated he's so slow and small its a wonder how he manages to even start. Maybe it is because the Niners are one of the worst teams this season

VoteLynnSwan
12-17-2006, 03:22 PM
nice name.

Windy
12-17-2006, 03:23 PM

1. Clinton Portis
2. Edgerrin James
3. Willis McGahee
4. Frank Gore

Frank Gore is the most overrated he's so slow and small its a wonder how he manages to even start. Maybe it is because the Niners are one of the worst teams this season

lol

UKfan
12-17-2006, 03:23 PM

Have you even watched a 49ers game this year?

Portis26
12-17-2006, 03:25 PM

Have you even watched a 49ers game this year?yes i watched the game on thursday where he was horrible for most of the game and managed to break out a long run in garbage time

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
12-17-2006, 03:28 PM

Have you even watched a 49ers game this year?yes i watched the game on thursday where he was horrible for most of the game and managed to break out a long run in garbage time

Lol, he musst have had alot of those useless runs considering he's leading the NFL in rushing and is pretty much a lock for top 3.

12-17-2006, 03:37 PM
wow he is the leading rusher in the NFL behind an average o-line and you think he is overrated? ....

Portis26
12-17-2006, 03:43 PM
wow he is the leading rusher in the NFL behind an average o-line and you think he is overrated? ....there are tons of running backs more talented than him. his physical abilities are limited by his lack of speed and quickness

duckseason
12-17-2006, 03:46 PM
wow he is the leading rusher in the NFL behind an average o-line and you think he is overrated? ....there are tons of running backs more talented than him. his physical abilities are limited by his lack of speed and quickness

Hmm. Don't you find it odd that he leads the league in runs of 20+ yards if he's so lacking of speed and quickness?

12-17-2006, 03:47 PM

In the NFL, there isn't a huge difference in talent levels between average players and great players. It's stuff like vision, heart, and working hard that seperate them. I can't believe you're saying this, he's a beast. He's very difficult to tackle.

Borat
12-17-2006, 03:50 PM

1. Clinton Portis
2. Edgerrin James
3. Willis McGahee
4. Frank Gore

Welcome to the board. We needed more clowns. Thanks for accepting the position.

Staubach12
12-17-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm really glad Portis26 knows what he's talking about :roll:

bearsfan_51
12-17-2006, 04:07 PM
It's not that Portis couldn't be the best back. You could definately make that arguement. The problem is that you're a biased tard, and this thread will likely get locked.

Good day to you sir.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-17-2006, 04:11 PM
It's not that Portis couldn't be the best back. You could definately make that arguement. The problem is that you're a biased tard, and this thread will likely get locked.

Good day to you sir. :lol: :lol: i always love to hear your comments.
Frank Gore will be the best his combination of Power and Speed cant be stopped.He only gets better in the 4th Quarter.

Larry
12-17-2006, 04:12 PM

1. Clinton Portis
2. Edgerrin James
3. Willis McGahee
4. Frank Gore

Your a Homer if you think Gore is overrated.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-17-2006, 04:14 PM
I dont know why your saying the niners are one of the worst teams this year.Fank Gore is the 1 that has carried them this year.If they win the next 2 and the hawks lose the next 2 they get into the playoffs.

NickBam
12-17-2006, 04:15 PM

1. Clinton Portis
2. Edgerrin James
3. Willis McGahee
4. Frank Gore

Not a homer but a moron.

ninerfan
12-17-2006, 04:20 PM

1. Clinton Portis
2. Edgerrin James
3. Willis McGahee
4. Frank Gore

well it is the 'silly season' :roll:

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-17-2006, 04:39 PM

1. Clinton Portis
2. Edgerrin James
3. Willis McGahee
4. Frank Gore

Not a homer but a moron. :lol:

remix 6
12-17-2006, 05:23 PM
Portis is the best..if Washington didnt use him as a power back and let him play naturally he would be amazing like Denver days

sweetness34
12-17-2006, 05:25 PM
Man that's tough. Personally Portis but it's close.

21ST
12-17-2006, 06:02 PM
Clinton Portis

Boston
12-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Clinton Portis

...because i'm a redskins fan.

21ST
12-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Clinton Portis

Explain to me why anyone up there is better

Boston
12-17-2006, 06:25 PM
Clinton Portis

Explain to me why anyone up there is better

That's not how it works. You're supposed to explain why Portis is better than any one up there.

Splat
12-17-2006, 06:27 PM
Frank Gore is the most overrated he's so slow and small its a wonder how he manages to even start.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Space Ghost
12-17-2006, 06:42 PM

1. Clinton Portis
2. Edgerrin James
3. Willis McGahee
4. Frank Gore

You should be murdered, the two at the botom of your list are the two whose jersey's I have...

I would take Gore over all of them, even Willis as a Bills fan. He is too inconsistent. If I was a pass crazy team, James for sure. Zone blocking, Portis. McGahee fits in all schemes and can be decent, but Gore hits the hole harder and faster than all of them in my opinion, that is why I would want him.

1. Gore
2a. Portis
2b. James
2c. McGahee

sodar21
12-17-2006, 06:47 PM
Currently?

Gore, Portis
McGahee

James

lod01
12-17-2006, 06:47 PM

1. Clinton Portis
2. Edgerrin James
3. Willis McGahee
4. Frank Gore

What a homer. Gore is 10X Portis.

lod01
12-17-2006, 06:49 PM

LMAO Garbage time? Against a team that is the defending NFC champ?

H-O-M-E-R.

Who has the MOST 20+ yard gains this year, HOMER?

FRANK GORE.

remix 6
12-17-2006, 06:49 PM

1. Clinton Portis
2. Edgerrin James
3. Willis McGahee
4. Frank Gore

how about my opinion..Hurricane fan here. I choose Portis

hes the fastest in the group and most complete back besides Edge

lod01
12-17-2006, 06:50 PM

1. Clinton Portis
2. Edgerrin James
3. Willis McGahee
4. Frank Gore

That's solid!!! :lol:

duckseason

1. Clinton Portis
2. Edgerrin James
3. Willis McGahee
4. Frank Gore

What have you done for me lately duh duh duh duh duh ooh ooh ooooh yeah

Splat

1. Clinton Portis
2. Edgerrin James
3. Willis McGahee
4. Frank Gore

You should be murdered, the two at the botom of your list are the two whose jersey's I have...

I would take Gore over all of them, even Willis as a Bills fan. He is too inconsistent. If I was a pass crazy team, James for sure. Zone blocking, Portis. McGahee fits in all schemes and can be decent, but Gore hits the hole harder and faster than all of them in my opinion, that is why I would want him.

1. Gore
2a. Portis
2b. James
2c. McGahee

That is a little much.

remix 6
12-17-2006, 06:53 PM

H-O-M-E-R.

FRANK GORE.

Seattle is 20th in run D..their D blows. and his stats get inflated from a big run its true. i like Gore but no way does he have more talent than Edge or Portis or McGahee really although hes productive but talent wise..nope

Borat
12-17-2006, 07:01 PM

H-O-M-E-R.

FRANK GORE.

Seattle is 20th in run D..their D blows. and his stats get inflated from a big run its true. i like Gore but no way does he have more talent than Edge or Portis or McGahee really although hes productive but talent wise..nope

Didn't he beat those 2 out of the starting role in Miami before getting injured TWICE?

SeanTaylorRIP
12-17-2006, 07:04 PM
Portis is the best when healthy. The most powerful of them all, the fastests of them all, the best hands of them all, the best blocker of them all, it's CP baby!!!

12-17-2006, 07:21 PM
Portis is the best when healthy. The most powerful of them all, the fastests of them all, the best hands of them all, the best blocker of them all, it's CP baby!!!

QFT

I just don't think Gore blows, like the OP said.

YAYareaRB
12-17-2006, 07:22 PM
Minus the knee injury Frank Gore would be better than all of them without question. But I still think Frank Gore is a better pure running back than Clinton Portis. He doesn't have the speed like Clinton Portis but probably packs double the punch.

PS - He did beat both McGahee and Portis for the starting role while he was a sophmore.

12-17-2006, 07:25 PM
Minus the knee injury Frank Gore would be better than all of them without question. But I still think Frank Gore is a better pure running back than Clinton Portis. He doesn't have the speed like Clinton Portis but probably packs double the punch.

PS - He did beat both McGahee and Portis for the starting role while he was a sophmore.
Itwould be very close between Gore and McGahee if neither got injured IMO.

remix 6
12-17-2006, 07:36 PM

Itwould be very close between Gore and McGahee if neither got injured IMO.

if McGahee wasnt injured..man thoughts of that

he was very explosive before injury..he was a 4.3 speed guy at Miami but then the nasty injury..packed weight and did more power than being shifty and outrunning..kinda lost a little weight this year so he can be explosive and score from anywhere like he used to be able to.

no telling how good Portis could of been if he stayed in denver and if Washington actually ran a scheme that suited him better(not a power back)

as Prospects McGahee was CRAZY before gettign hurt. Portis was a mid 2nd i believe and wasnt as good as the rest but in NFL hes a top 3 back IMO when healthy and when running in natural scheme and not used as power back

draftguru151
12-17-2006, 07:41 PM
Wow, talent wise I would say Gore is no higher than third. Yea he is having a great year, but Portis is better as is McGahee. I love Gore, but he isn't as good as Portis and McGahee, and he is barely better than Edge because Edge is towards the end of his career.

Space Ghost
12-17-2006, 07:43 PM
Wow, talent wise I would say Gore is no higher than third. Yea he is having a great year, but Portis is better as is McGahee. I love Gore, but he isn't as good as Portis and McGahee, and he is barely better than Edge because Edge is towards the end of his career.

Talent is over rated. Its all about attitude and instinct.

rainbeaukid2
12-17-2006, 07:44 PM

the main reason he gets caught on all of the long runs is because he runs hard every play and then when he finally breaks, he is already tired. couple that with the fact that he isnt the fastest RB in the league and that is a reason why you can get caught. he is actually one of the better RBs in the league because of his heart, drive, and his desire to do well. in reality, the only real knock on him is his fumbling

remix 6
12-17-2006, 07:44 PM

id take Portis funny attitude over McGahee's cockiness and over Edge/Gore's silentness

12-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Yeah, most of the guys have been saying he's not as good as McGahee and Portis, but the OP was saying he shouldnt even be starting :lol: :lol:

Space Ghost
12-17-2006, 07:53 PM

id take Portis funny attitude over McGahee's cockiness and over Edge/Gore's silentness

I don't really mean that kind of attitude. I think a better word than attitude would be will or heart probably.

YAYareaRB
12-17-2006, 07:54 PM

Now if we're over here picking friends to hang out with, I would pick Portis because he's fun!

If we're gonna win football games ... I'd pick Gore. He could have easily called it quits when he hurt, not one, but BOTH knees. He took his chances in the league and he's running with it (Literally).

draftguru151
12-17-2006, 07:56 PM

Now if we're over here picking friends to hang out with, I would pick Portis because he's fun!

If we're gonna win football games ... I'd pick Gore. He could have easily called it quits when he hurt, not one, but BOTH knees. He took his chances in the league and he's running with it (Literally).

He hurt one knee twice and hurt the other one. 3 major knee injuries. He was supposed to start over McGahee when McGahee had that monster year. That is kinda scary that he was that good.

remix 6
12-17-2006, 07:57 PM

same could be said about McGahee..1 knee..and Edge..1 knee..

i like Gore..hes a great player and hard worker..but imo Portis is clearly better.

stats cant always tell all.

sweetness34
12-17-2006, 07:58 PM
Keep in mind that Gore is playing behind a makeshift OL. It's pretty impressive what he's done so far.

remix 6
12-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Keep in mind that Gore is playing behind a makeshift OL. It's pretty impressive what he's done so far.

make shift? their OL is better than McGahee's and Edge's

Portis has the best line of all but they were never healthy when he was playing

FloridaFootball
12-17-2006, 08:12 PM
nobody will vote for portis since hes been hurt this season. Betts is a crappy backup and has been getting 100 yard games out of his butt. Portis will be back next year and everyone will hop off frank gore's nuts.

sweetness34
12-17-2006, 08:13 PM
nobody will vote for portis since hes been hurt this season. Betts is a crappy backup and has been getting 100 yard games out of his butt. Portis will be back next year and everyone will hop off frank gore's nuts.

No they won't, especially if Gore keeps putting up numbers like he has.

21ST
12-17-2006, 08:21 PM

ironicly his line probly better than all other 3 backs

remix 6
12-17-2006, 08:28 PM

Gore's # get a little inflatted with big runs. ..against bad teams especially

AZ - long of 32 ... 87 yards
^18th

STL - long of 32 ... 127 yards
^31st ranked

PHI - long of 15...52 yards
^29th ranked

KC - long of 14...65 yards
^15th

OAK - long of 26..134 yards
^23rd

SD - long of 22..55 yards
^6th

CHI - long of 53...111 yards
^11th

MIN - long of 11....41 yards
^1st

DET - long of 61...159
^21st ranked

SEA - long of 52...212
^20th ranked

STL - long of 18...134
^31st ranked

NO - long of 12...40
^22nd

GB - long of 72...130
^16th

SEA - long of 40...144
^20th ranked

sweetness34
12-17-2006, 08:29 PM

^18th

^31st ranked

^29th ranked

^15th

^23rd

^6th

^11th

^1st

DET - long of 61...159
^21st ranked

SEA - long of 52...212
^20th ranked

STL - long of 18...134
^31st ranked

NO - long of 12...40
^22nd

GB - long of 72...130
^16th

SEA - long of 40...144
^20th ranked

Inflated inshmated. The guy has been a beast this season, end of story.

remix 6
12-17-2006, 08:29 PM
i know hes a beast...try to understand. im just saying if it werent for those stats that he got..you wouldnt say hes better than Portis or the other 2

Borat
12-17-2006, 08:35 PM

^18th

^31st ranked

^29th ranked

^15th

^23rd

^6th

^11th

^1st

DET - long of 61...159
^21st ranked

SEA - long of 52...212
^20th ranked

STL - long of 18...134
^31st ranked

NO - long of 12...40
^22nd

GB - long of 72...130
^16th

SEA - long of 40...144
^20th ranked

WHAT? Your list makes no sense. How does the fact that he breaks off long runs diminish his value? Should he just bust shorter runs? I have no idea what you're trying to say. Hey, I just watched LT bust an 85-yard run. He should stop doing that.

YAYareaRB
12-17-2006, 08:36 PM
i know hes a beast...try to understand. im just saying if it werent for those stats that he got..you wouldnt say hes better than Portis or the other 2

What else are we gonna use to compare players ... 40 times? Shuttle times?

Shiver
12-17-2006, 08:38 PM
I like Frank Gore the best. He runs with the most power of this group, as well as the versatility that he brings. Health is the only thing that has hold him back.

remix 6
12-17-2006, 08:46 PM

^18th

^31st ranked

^29th ranked

^15th

^23rd

^6th

^11th

^1st

DET - long of 61...159
^21st ranked

SEA - long of 52...212
^20th ranked

STL - long of 18...134
^31st ranked

NO - long of 12...40
^22nd

GB - long of 72...130
^16th

SEA - long of 40...144
^20th ranked

WHAT? Your list makes no sense. How does the fact that he breaks off long runs diminish his value? Should he just bust shorter runs? I have no idea what you're trying to say. Hey, I just watched LT bust an 85-yard run. He should stop doing that.

no im just saying if he didnt verse such bad D's and break the long runs that we wouldnt even have this discussion.

you guys are basing his skill off stats. Portis is clearly the most talented back from Miami . Gore is clearly having the best season of them all. you cant judge off 1 season. we'll see next year. and then the next. and the next. whoever establishes themselves consistently will be the best

take Gore out. best RB from U between 2002-2005: Portis

best RB 2006: Gore

best RB 2007: give it time

4pAc
12-17-2006, 08:48 PM
Portis if he weren't in Gibb's system

21ST
12-17-2006, 08:49 PM

its not a good system

Pokeys
12-17-2006, 08:52 PM

its not a good system

for Portis

Moses
12-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Portis is better than Gore at this point in their careers. Portis is a complete all-around back that does everything you can ask a runningback to do. Gore just started having big-time success this year and I can't realistically put him in the same league as Portis yet. We'll see how Gore does the next few years.

49ersfan_87
12-17-2006, 08:53 PM
This season

Gore
Mcgahee
Portis
James

Past few seasons
Portis
James
Mcgahee
Gore

In the future
Gore
Portis
Mcgahee
James

remix 6
12-17-2006, 08:55 PM
^thats good. future comes down to Portis and Gore

Portis btw is the youngest to reach 5000 yards i believe

draftguru151
12-17-2006, 08:57 PM
Anyone remember all of the talk during the summer that Portis would break the all time rushing record?

4pAc
12-17-2006, 08:58 PM
he could've had a shot if he didn't get traded

Moses
12-17-2006, 08:59 PM
Anyone remember all of the talk during the summer that Portis would break the all time rushing record?

It's going to be tough to beat all-time rushing records in this day and age. Running backs wear down too quickly in the NFL and young blood seems to take over faster and faster every year.

Shiver
12-17-2006, 09:00 PM

Which is why it, as in a Running Back's career 'pace,' is never a smart thing to do.

Basileus777
12-17-2006, 09:03 PM

It's going to be tough to beat all-time rushing records in this day and age. Running backs wear down too quickly in the NFL and young blood seems to take over faster and faster every year.

Yeah. And the main argument for it was Portis' age. But its not age that matters so much as carries and durability. Portis had showed even before this season that he wasn't the most durable of backs and wasn't going to be able to play for another 10 years.

Space Ghost
12-17-2006, 09:04 PM

Yeah, but with any team other than Denver and if he wasn't barely 20 when he started his NFL career that would be different. Denver makes Olandis Gary look good for crying out loud.

I agree that Portis is great and I had him as the number one rusher this season which obviously isn't happening due to injury. I had Gore finishing around 9th in rushing after the Barlow trade.

I don't think McGahee deserves so much credit because I have watched every single one of his NFL games so far as a Bills fan. He is a great back, but he won't do much unless he has good blocking and runs on the outside and gets 25 carries a game. If only he hadn't killed that knee, then again if it weren't for that he wouldn't have fallen to the Bills, so it worked out for the Bills I guess...

James to me hasn't been very good since his first major injury with the Colts, since then he has just been above average and not a top teir back, he was a a hall of fame pace but then he got hurt and was more of a multi pro bowler who might get a shot at the hall of fame in a very weak crop.

I think that I will withdraw my previous choice of Gore after thinking about it more and I think that Portis is the best of the bunch once again and he is my ultra ultra early pick for best back next year in terms of per game production at least because of his injury problems.

They are all great... pretty much I have Gore and Portis and then right behind them McGahee and James. I would like to see what Gore would be like without the injuries, that would just be scary :shock:

remix 6
12-17-2006, 09:09 PM

Yeah, but with any team other than Denver and if he wasn't barely 20 when he started his NFL career that would be different. Denver makes Olandis Gary look good for crying out loud.

I agree that Portis is great and I had him as the number one rusher this season which obviously isn't happening due to injury. I had Gore finishing around 9th in rushing after the Barlow trade.

I don't think McGahee deserves so much credit because I have watched every single one of his NFL games so far as a Bills fan. He is a great back, but he won't do much unless he has good blocking and runs on the outside and gets 25 carries a game. If only he hadn't killed that knee, then again if it weren't for that he wouldn't have fallen to the Bills, so it worked out for the Bills I guess...

James to me hasn't been very good since his first major injury with the Colts, since then he has just been above average and not a top teir back, he was a a hall of fame pace but then he got hurt and was more of a multi pro bowler who might get a shot at the hall of fame in a very weak crop.

I think that I will withdraw my previous choice of Gore after thinking about it more and I think that Portis is the best of the bunch once again and he is my ultra ultra early pick for best back next year in terms of per game production at least because of his injury problems.

They are all great... pretty much I have Gore and Portis and then right behind them McGahee and James. I would like to see what Gore would be like without the injuries, that would just be scary :shock:

or McGahee without the blown knee.

but its too late to say that. all 4 are very talented but at this point its Gore verse Portis

Space Ghost
12-17-2006, 09:11 PM

or McGahee without the blown knee.

but its too late to say that. all 4 are very talented but at this point its Gore verse Portis

Pretty much.

I can't wait until the Auburn version of this starts with Caddy, Ronnie, Rudi and Kenny. I am going to be all over that, hopefully that won't be for another 2-3 years though, but I know someone will jump the gun.

draftguru151
12-17-2006, 09:12 PM
If McGahee didn't destroy his knee he would be one of the best RBs in the league without a doubt. The way he could cut and go was ridiculous.

Shiver
12-17-2006, 09:38 PM
If McGahee didn't destroy his knee he would be one of the best RBs in the league without a doubt. The way he could cut and go was ridiculous.

What if Gore didn't tear up both knees?

remix 6
12-17-2006, 09:45 PM
also McGahee ran a 4.25 @ Miami Campus thing..41 inch verticle..

thats explosive

12-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Aside from this debate, I think it should be said you know your school is good when the NFL leading rusher might be just the fourth best runningback in the NFL currently from your university. Okay that made sense in my head, but not in English :lol:

Space Ghost
12-17-2006, 09:48 PM
What if...

BO JACKSON

49ersfan_87
12-17-2006, 09:54 PM
I think some of us are over-rating talent a bit. It doesnt matter if you have all the talent in the world if you dont know how to use it. Charles Rogers has more talent than David Kircus, but which one is on an NFL roster right now?

remix 6
12-17-2006, 09:56 PM
I think some of us are over-rating talent a bit. It doesnt matter if you have all the talent in the world if you dont know how to use it. Charles Rogers has more talent than David Kircus, but which one is on an NFL roster right now?

thats apples compared to oranges..all these guys are in the discussion because they use the talent.. and thats why they are good RBs

49ersfan_87
12-17-2006, 09:59 PM

thats apples compared to oranges..all these guys are in the discussion because they use the talent.. and thats why they are good RBs

Yeah but sayin mcgahee has more talent than gore doesnt mean much in the discussion. Mcgahee has been in the league longer and i dont think ive seen a truly breakout year. I also personally find him over-rated. I watch many bills games and i dont see anything too special. He has his best games against the jets, and the rest hes average. Way too inconsistent for my liking.

remix 6
12-17-2006, 10:06 PM

Yeah but sayin mcgahee has more talent than gore doesnt mean much in the discussion. Mcgahee has been in the league longer and i dont think ive seen a truly breakout year. I also personally find him over-rated. I watch many bills games and i dont see anything too special. He has his best games against the jets, and the rest hes average. Way too inconsistent for my liking.

im saying he had all the talent with speed and agility before the knee injury

FloridaFootball
12-18-2006, 01:45 AM
Portis is now running in Al Saunders offense.

2003 Marshall Faulk's offense.

2005 Larry Johnson's offense.

be ready.

draftguru151
12-18-2006, 08:13 AM

What if Gore didn't tear up both knees?

That's a good point but even before Gore messed his knee up he wasn't as impressive at McGahee was at Miami. If you saw him play every game that year you would understand, he was so ridiculously quick. He hit the hole so fast. He doesn't have the burst he once had.

16_SFfan_80
12-18-2006, 09:12 AM
It comes down to Gore vs Portis.

Gore hits the hole harder than any running back on that list, but Portis probably has better top speed since Gore can be caught from behind. However, I'll take Gore's attitude, determination, and heart over all of them.

lod01
12-18-2006, 09:33 AM

be ready.

Al Saunders quote: 'Gobs of points' :lol:

Frank Gore is running in Norv Turner's RB happy offense, with Larry Allen leading the way.

draftguru151
12-18-2006, 11:57 AM

be ready.

Al Saunders quote: 'Gobs of points' :lol:

Frank Gore is running in Norv Turner's RB happy offense, with Larry Allen leading the way.

I wish the Dolphins still had Norv. That is what made Ricky do dominant. That damn counter. I was reading something like week 6 where on counter plays he averages like 3 more ypc and has like 75% of his yards.

Namy
12-18-2006, 01:26 PM
If it's best RB when playing at the U it's Willis McGahee.

In the NFL, I give it to Portis or Edge. Gore is having an amazing season, but all the RBs on that list have had at least one great season... Portis has been impressive this whole time and has still a lot of potential and time to get better. Edge has been productive throughout his career, but his injuries and poor play at Arizona (tho not really all his fault) is what makes him second to Portis imo.

DWhitner20
12-18-2006, 01:29 PM
FRANK GORE -- THE INCONVIENIENT TRUTH!

Star Wideout
12-18-2006, 02:38 PM
IMO Gore is the best runner of the group, he runs strong and with authority...he's almost impossible to bring down 1-on-1 without sound technique..which is why he breaks a ton of tackles. He does not have breakaway speed, but he does have excellent quickness which allows him to accelerate into the 2nd level. He plays with determination.

Portis has the most pure talent of the bunch, but he can't stay healthy for some reason...nagging injuries bothered him last year as well if I recall?

Haven't seen much of McGahee but he dances at the line too much instead of hitting the hole hard...most of his big runs come from draw plays, outside runs.

Edge...he's fallen off in AZ I still like him though.

Eaglez.Fan
12-18-2006, 03:46 PM
1. Frank Gore
2. Clinton Portis
3. Willis McGahee
4. Edge James

Gore has 1491 yards with 2 games to go. A 5.5 yards per carry average with 6 touchdowns. Portis is good but this year he has been injured and he's never averaged over 4.3 on a season with a Washington (5.5 both years with Denver). McGahee is averaging 3.9 yards per touch, I don't like him too much but he's better than Edge. Edge was only good because of Peyton

Larry
12-19-2006, 06:38 PM
1. Frank Gore
2. Clinton Portis
3. Willis McGahee
4. Edge James

Gore has 1491 yards with 2 games to go. A 5.5 yards per carry average with 6 touchdowns. Portis is good but this year he has been injured and he's never averaged over 4.3 on a season with a Washington (5.5 both years with Denver). McGahee is averaging 3.9 yards per touch, I don't like him too much but he's better than Edge. Edge was only good because of Peyton

I honestly don't believe that.

The Legend
12-20-2006, 03:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Letvig0VFaY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBEzSsNS2fI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGUm5SHOaXU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfhKr79zyLg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lygU_rJ3Fu0

gore is a good rb

The Legend
12-20-2006, 03:42 AM
1. Frank Gore
2. Clinton Portis
3. Willis McGahee
4. Edge James

I honestly don't believe that.

people only think edge was only good because of peyton is because they are looking a Edge's stats not seeing how bad his oline is

remix 6
12-20-2006, 05:54 AM

gore is a good rb

no one on here said he wasnt.

CC.SD
12-20-2006, 09:45 AM
Edgerrin James is still a leader and a dominant runner, he just doesn't have ANY blocking in the desert.

Paul
12-20-2006, 09:53 AM

1. Clinton Portis
2. Edgerrin James
3. Willis McGahee
4. Frank Gore

1. Gore
2a. Portis
2b. James
2c. McGahee

That is a little much.

I wouldn't say murdered. But seriously wounded at least.

Anyone notice the kids who posted the topic hasn't posted since everyone burnt him. Good job fellas.

yourfavestoner
12-20-2006, 10:35 AM

1. Clinton Portis
2. Edgerrin James
3. Willis McGahee
4. Frank Gore

1. Gore
2a. Portis
2b. James
2c. McGahee

That is a little much.

I wouldn't say murdered. But seriously wounded at least.

Anyone notice the kids who posted the topic hasn't posted since everyone burnt him. Good job fellas.

Oh well. The fewer amount of stupid people we have here, the better.

BigDawg819
12-20-2006, 12:21 PM

Where did that name come from and what does it mean?? I love it, its my favorite nickname ever!

Crabjuice
12-20-2006, 02:35 PM

Where did that name come from and what does it mean?? I love it, its my favorite nickname ever!

It's from Al Gore's movie about global warming. :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/jasonpasalis/gifs/Gore_Lions.gif

YAYareaRB
12-20-2006, 07:10 PM
Well then... it's settled! Frank Gore "The Inconvienient TRUTH"

jkpigskin
12-20-2006, 07:36 PM
1. Portis
2. James
3. Gore
4. Mcgahee

my rankigs are based on their past and current play

schwarz11
12-20-2006, 10:01 PM
think if frank gore had not blown out BOTH acl's in college. he used to have world class speed like a track star. god would he be dominant

The Legend
12-20-2006, 10:06 PM

gore is a good rb

no one on here said he wasnt.

1. Clinton Portis
2. Edgerrin James
3. Willis McGahee
4. Frank Gore

King Rhabuf
12-20-2006, 10:46 PM
The Edge used to be the ****, so I'm going with him.

Gore isn't going to last the way he runs.

steelcrew43
12-20-2006, 10:48 PM

1. Clinton Portis
2. Edgerrin James
3. Willis McGahee
4. Frank Gore

your not intelligent...at all

yourfavestoner
12-21-2006, 03:28 AM

1. Clinton Portis
2. Edgerrin James
3. Willis McGahee
4. Frank Gore

your not intelligent...at all

:roll:

12-21-2006, 11:02 AM
Frank Gore is just the best right now aka the reason why he is leading right now.

Willis McGahee imo since he has an average OL unlike guys like Portis and James (when he was at Indy). Just think how good McGahee would be w/o his knee injury. McGahee pretty much carries the Bills offense with him.