PDA

View Full Version : Decision Day (Recruits)

Beenie54
07-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Until when does a HS recruit has to make his decision?

I want to know where Terrelle Pryor and Sam McGuffie are going.
Or does anybody here know more about the status of these two guys?

BigJohn98
07-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Most make decisions before or on Signing day. Very few commit after signing day. Pryor won't commit until signing day. Neither will Scott, or Julio Jones, or TJ Bryant.

Pryor= Ohio State
McGuffie= Michigan

keylime_5
07-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Pryor has said he will commit on signing day. Don't be suprised if he commits in early January though in San Antonio at the armyallamerican game.

Shayne Hale is supposed to commit on signing day too. (to OSU, UM, UVA, or WV)
Kevin Koger (TE from Toledo) is gonna commit sometime during the middle of this month to either Ohio State or Michigan. (Insiders say OSU is the favorite)
Garrett Goebel (DE/DT from Ill) is supposed to commit by August to either tOSU or UM. OSU heavy favorite.
Lamaar Thomas (RB/WR from MD) is gonna pick between OSU, Illinois, Maryland, Tennessee, and Florida most likely in September. That's all I know

BufFan71
07-19-2007, 08:59 PM
scott coming to CU (i hope)

Newbs24
07-20-2007, 11:10 AM
I believe that Will Hill will also be a LOI decision as well. Koger has since commited to Michigan.

JT Jag
07-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Julio will be going on signing day. To Alabama.

ironman4579
07-29-2007, 02:56 PM
Most make decisions before or on Signing day. Very few commit after signing day. Pryor won't commit until signing day. Neither will Scott, or Julio Jones, or TJ Bryant.

Pryor= Ohio State
McGuffie= Michigan

Has McGuffie already committed? According to Rivals, he's announcing his decision tonight. Final five are USC, Notre Dame, Florida, Michigan and Texas A&M.

The 6-foot, 190 pound McGuffie will be announcing his commitment tonight on KPRC, the local Houston NBC affiliate. The 30-minute "Sports Sunday" broadcast is slated to begin at 10:30 p.m. central time.

"I'm just ready," McGuffie said of his decision to make a commitment. "I've been to campuses, talked to coaches and done the research. I'm ready to get it out of the way so I can focus on my senior season."

McGuffie has gained somewhat of a cult following after a video of him hurdling over a defender en route to a touchdown made its way across the internet.

However, McGuffie's season accomplishments consisted of much more than that single play. He broke the Houston-area record for single-season rushing yards in the largest classification by running for 3,121 yards and 43 touchdowns,

"It's pretty cool seeing the clips on the internet," he said. "But really, it's more about our team. We fell a little short of our goal of winning state last year and that's what we're focused on now."

While McGuffie has received over 50 offers to date, he has narrowed the choices down to five headed into tonight's announcement.

"I've got a list of my final five," he said. "They are USC, Notre Dame, Florida, Michigan and Texas A&M."

ironman4579
07-29-2007, 03:28 PM
Pryor has said he will commit on signing day. Don't be suprised if he commits in early January though in San Antonio at the armyallamerican game.

Shayne Hale is supposed to commit on signing day too. (to OSU, UM, UVA, or WV)
Kevin Koger (TE from Toledo) is gonna commit sometime during the middle of this month to either Ohio State or Michigan. (Insiders say OSU is the favorite)
Garrett Goebel (DE/DT from Ill) is supposed to commit by August to either tOSU or UM. OSU heavy favorite.
Lamaar Thomas (RB/WR from MD) is gonna pick between OSU, Illinois, Maryland, Tennessee, and Florida most likely in September. That's all I know

As was said, since keylime's post, Koger has since committed to Michigan, and now Goebel has since committed to Ohio State.

ironman4579
07-29-2007, 03:48 PM
In case anyone was wondering, these are the 5 stars that have committed so far according to Rivals.

QB EJ Manuel - Florida State

RB Jermie Calhoun - Oklahoma

WR AJ Green - Georgia

TE Kyle Rudolph - Notre Dame

OT Micheal Brewster - Ohio State
OT Tyron Smith - Southern Cal
OT Matt Kalil - Southern Cal
OT Baker Steinkuhler - Nebraska
OT Stephen Good - Oklahoma
OT Lucas Nix - Pittsburgh
OT Tyler Love - Alabama

DE RJ Washington - Oklahoma
DE DaQuan Bowers - Clemson

DT DeAngelo Tyson - Georgia

OLB Nigel Bradham - Florida State

CB Patrick Johnson - Miami

ATH DJ Shoemate - Southern Cal
ATH Brandon Barnes - NC State

TheMikey10
09-18-2007, 11:35 AM
what day is signing day?

ironman4579
09-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Updated 5 star committed list, as well, as the list of those 5 stars still uncommited. All still according to Rivals.

Committed

Quarterback
EJ Manuel-Florida State
Blaine Gabbert-Nebraska

Running Back
Jermie Calhoun-Oklahoma

Wide Receiver
AJ Green-Georgia
DeVier Posey-Ohio State
Dwight Jones-North Carolina

Tight End
Kyle Rudolph-Notre Dame