PDA

View Full Version : The Official CLOVERFIELD Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

comahan
07-09-2007, 01:05 AM
Yes yes, awesome stuff.

Flyboy
07-09-2007, 01:06 AM
Sort of reminds me of the whole bees thing and Halo 2.

M.O.T.H.
07-09-2007, 01:07 AM
Good work, buddy.

I've been very interested in this movie since I heard about. I love the idea.

comahan
07-09-2007, 01:10 AM
Also, of there is anything else linked to this that you guys can find (that isnt fake), post it and ill add it to my first post.

Flyboy
07-09-2007, 01:19 AM
What I was able to find:

More importantly, there was a teaser trailer of a movie. It was some college aged students in a large city (New York, I think), and it was filmed with a home video camera. Then you hear the ground shake and a roar. They think its an earthquack, but theres another roar, then buildings start getting destroyed and you see the statue of libery's head roll down the street and it says 1.18.08 and J.J. Abrams. I have no idea what this movie is and can't find anything on it on the web. Anyone have any ideas? I'll try to see if i can find the trailer online somewhere.

And what makes this different than any other giant monster movie? Well, as I understand it, most of the film is going to be shot using home video cameras, as if from the point of view of real people who are experiencing an attack on New York. It’s designed as a fairly small picture, all things considered, and right now, they’re working to make sure the script is going to deliver some wild thrills (like an earthquake that levels Manhattan or an oil tanker flipping over by the Statue of Liberty), but that it’s not suddenly going to turn into a giant $150 million movie.

WMD
07-09-2007, 01:29 AM
The Puzzles are fun.. it kind of reminds me of Donnie Darko's website...

The 2nd one has me confused :(

comahan
07-09-2007, 01:30 AM
What I was able to find:

I think its going to like, not be Blair Witch type home video, but 'Hollywood Home Video", in a way that its a real movie, made to look home video-ish. I probably completely said that wrong, but you probably get my point. It doesnt look bad at all, picture wise, from what ive seen of the trailer.

While youre here, get on aim.

M.O.T.H.
07-09-2007, 01:33 AM

The 2nd one has me confused :(

yeah, for real. I pressed pause but, got nothing.

M.O.T.H.
07-09-2007, 01:34 AM
The effects arent too great on that fire ball that crashed...but, hell I dont care...i wanna see this...

WMD
07-09-2007, 01:43 AM
The site with the 2 pictures from the trailer is interesting.. you can move the pictures around.. they're also moving on their own a little bit..

Brodeur
07-09-2007, 01:47 AM
The monster in the movie, is in fact:

CTHULHU
http://www.bloopwatch.org/abe-cthulhu.jpg

Okay, that's probably wrong but I've been waiting for a Cthlhu movie for a long time.

Flyboy
07-09-2007, 01:49 AM
The monster in the movie, is in fact:

CTHULHU

That's what the wiki page for it suggests.

M.O.T.H.
07-09-2007, 01:49 AM
A lot of people, probably still in denial think that this is Halo...I dont see it. Doesnt really add up...personally, I'm hoping it's not another godzilla...i dont think it is...

WMD
07-09-2007, 01:51 AM
That'd be awesome if it was a Cthulhu movie.

M.O.T.H.
07-09-2007, 01:51 AM
Well, you hear the roars before the crashes...just throwing that out there. Guess, it was already here...

M.O.T.H.
07-09-2007, 01:58 AM
The casting process was just as mysterious. No scripts or even scene pages were sent out; agents who were contacted were simply asked if their client wanted to be in the movie (http://www.ifmagazine.com/new.asp?article=4671#) or not. Eventually a cast, made up mostly of relative unknowns, was put together; it includes Michael Stahl-David (THE BLACK DONNELLYS), Odet Jasmin, Mike Vogel (SUPERCROSS) and Lizzy Kaplan (THE CLASS).

The movie, which is believed to have a relatively modest budget of about $30 million, began shooting in mid-June in

http://www.ifmagazine.com/new.asp?article=4671

Flyboy
07-09-2007, 02:00 AM
Lizzy Kaplan? Oh hell, where do I SIGN?

M.O.T.H.
07-09-2007, 02:01 AM
Lizzy Kaplan? Oh hell, where do I SIGN?

I have no idea who that is...

Flyboy
07-09-2007, 02:03 AM
She played "Kat" on The Class and she is so sexy.

comahan
07-09-2007, 02:03 AM
"Ethan Haas was a character in the short-lived television series The Class, played by Jason Ritter and produced by J.J. Abrams."

:P

Flyboy
07-09-2007, 02:05 AM
Who READS? Please!

Brodeur
07-09-2007, 02:06 AM
Of course since it's shot entirely on hand held cameras, it'll be some shaky camera work, but I think it'll fit this movie. Either way, it's by default better than Godzilla from 1998.

M.O.T.H.
07-09-2007, 02:07 AM
too bad i never watched that show...

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
07-09-2007, 03:01 AM
Thanks for posting all this info comahan. Great marketing by the company of this film, can't wait to see it and I remember when they played this trailer before Transformers it had the whole movie theater buzzing.

Ewing
07-09-2007, 05:21 AM
It's not Godzilla; Fox has the rights to Godzilla not Paramount and Toho said no more films until 2013. I'm guessing it's one of the monsters on this page...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Old_One

Namy
07-09-2007, 05:34 AM
i have a feeling the movie is going to disappoint. While the marketing is genius and the idea is creative, hype can have a huge backlash if it doesn't meet the expectations.

fenikz
07-09-2007, 06:47 AM
i just solved the puzzle thing, im kinda interested to see what will happen august 1st

whats the word Divinus mean?

49ersfan_87
07-09-2007, 10:34 AM
i am very excited to see this movie. The trailer was awesome.

ironman4579
07-09-2007, 11:45 AM
This guy on the IMDB comments page(page 3 of the first comments) has put together a ton of information along with theories. I'll post it here. Keep in mind it's extremely long, but alot of interesting info and speculation.

Some sort of monster movie. What type nobody knows. The information / clues we've been given is pretty ambiguous. There are two major theories taking shape, Cthulhu (Deity of Dread) or Shiva (Hindu God of Destruction), along with a few lesser theories such as Godzilla, Rodan, War of the Worlds II, The Olsen Twins Take Manhattan, etc.

Take a look at the information we've collected thus far and see what it leads you to believe...

MOVIE INFORMATION:

Clover Field (Code Name)
Slusho (Poss. 2nd Code Name)
Paramount (Studio)
30 Million (Budget)
Feb 2007 (Greenlighted)
J.J. Abrams (Exectutive Producer)
Sherryl Clark (Producer)
Guy Reidel (Producer)
Matt Reeves (Director)
Drew Goddard (Writer)
Michael Stahl-David (Actor)
Mike Vogel (Actor)
Lizzy Kaplan (Actress)
Odet Jasmin (Actress)

TRAILER CLUES

In the background of the teaser trailer the song The Joker And The Thief (by Wolfmother) is playing. From the lyrics of the song is a possible reference to Cloverfield: "...standing in a field of clover..." On the album cover is a giant lizard.

HTTP://WWW.1-18-08.COM

Photo # 1 - 01/18/08 12:01 AM

Photo # 2 - 01/18/08 12:36 AM

WhoIs Clue # 1 - The phone number provided is (310) 450-4620, which is to the Barker Hanger (http://www.barkerhangar.com/smac.htm) at the Santa Monica Airport (which used to be named "Clover Field").

WhoIs Clue # 2 - Administrative Contact: Kelvin, Henry (hnryklvn@yahoo.com), 1424 East 9th Street, New York, NY 10003, US, +1.3104504620 - No such address exists in NY and phone number is to Barker Hanger at Santa Monica Airport (formerly Clover Field) in CA.

WhoIs Clue # 3 - Technical Contact: Pike, Albert (dbms-admin@verisign.com), 101 Callahan Drive, Alexandria, VA 22301, US, +1.3104504620 - Albert Pike was a 33rd Degree Freemason who allegedly had a premonition for a series of World Wars which would bring about One World Order. The latter of the world wars would destroy the world's religions and create a social unrest which would welcome the reign of Lucifer. The letter containing the details of the "prophecy", allegedly written in 1871, has not been seen and is only evidenced by other writings alluding to its existence.

HTTP://WWW.ETHANHAASWASRIGHT.COM

Video # 1 Transcript - "My name is Van. I have the writings of Ethan Haas here. I thought it was just some old story but then it began to sound like he actually had seen the future. Everything up to now has happened exactly as he said it would. And then there’s his predictions of the future. So many people have died. You were able to find this message; you’re one of us, so you must know what needs to be done. But to be sure, I have to test you. You need to find others and help us try and stop it. You must send them here to prove that you’re one of us. I’ve already started, but we’re not strong enough yet. You only have until August 1st to be prepared. Now, trust Haas for the answer."

Video # 2 Transcript - "The signs have already started to show themselves. They have been for years. But when money's more important than saving lives to the ones who had the power to stop it, why would they want to hear the truth? [Our ways?] have brought this upon ourselves, and this is just the beginning. This world is going to change one way or another. It's inevitable and you know this. But there's help out there for us; now I'll make a single point to find it. Tell them to [????] before it's too late."

Video # 3 Transcript - "We are blinded by our own selfish interests. Our wars are taking the lives of those we will need for the bigger battle ahead. Intolerance, oppression, poverty, and poor education are killing those that can help defend the world. The media is failing us in exchange for ratings. Of course, no one can see what we see. The destruction will be unlike anything the world has ever seen. The more of us that survive, the better our chances. But now, the group must carefully position in unison to unlock the way to the new faith. You must get others here or this will all be forgotten. We'll see you."

Video # 4 Transcript - "The stars began to rain down. The future violence will [cling?] to safety in the cities. But they won't know what you and I know. Only then will it really be the beginning of the end. When they finally show themselves, and shock [was left?] of the old world, where we stand in the new hierarchy will be up to us and what we do today. This will be the final and the most challenging of all things that have come. We won't have time for anymore games after this, only the truth. 54312. Now, the more we are in the same place at the same time, the more we will all see. We must organize before it's too late."

Video # 5 Transcript - "Haas’s visions end here. What happens next is completely up to you. You’ve unlocked the key code that will bring you reward for your dedication of your cause, but it will first start to be of value on August 1st, and you will only have 30 days to use it. Take note of this code, it will help you get your preparations underway for the new world of which you are now part of whether you like it or not. But what role you play, and how you live or die is completely up to you. It begins August 1st. We will meet back here on that day."

Email # 1 Transcript - "It's not a person, it's a group, a very ancient sect. These are dangerous 'people', be careful trying to dig too deep.... I've never seen them myself, I'm not sure anyone has, for a very long time....." (van@ethanhaaswasright.com)

Email # 2 Transcript - "You're taking a big risk contacting me but I understand why you are, I would rather face the future with my eyes open than closed. View the source to see past the puzzles and tricks, there are answers beneath. If the puzzles I've left you are too tricky trust HAAS for the second key, it will unlock the door to more answers. I'll be at this address for as long as I can, I hope I hear from you again. good luck to all of us............" (van@ethanhaaswasright.com)

Email # 3 Transcript - "I hope the site leads to enlightenment for all of us." (van@ethanhaaswasright.com)

Source Transcript - "...war came, no longer from the elemental nor from the star's rain of fire. The world was again remade, and the glow was as the coming of the sun upon the Earth. The children of the gods were again too few, scattered and divided and among them walked the ancients and those whose thoughts were not as to the towers and the marvels, but to the End and the destruction of the Earth and to the fires from which nothing could escape."

August 1st Deadline - AUGUST Derleth wrote the 1ST book (of a series) inspired by H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu in which the creature itself is given fantastic monsterous form, rather than continuing down Lovecraft's fascination with the cult of Cthulhu. The title was Trail of Cthulhu.

Puzzle # 5 Clue - "THE BEGINNING IS THE END"

Ethan Haas was a character in the short-lived television series The Class, played by Jason Ritter and produced by J.J. Abrams.

HTTP://WWW.ETHANHAASWASWRONG.BLOGSPOT.COM

Posted by Mezine Source (allegedly written by Ethan Haas): "The great war of the gods will come upon the earth; the fires and terror of their rule will return for a time, but the children of the gods may be thus prepared, themselves aware and powerful…they may stand along side the gods not as equals, but as allies, feared and ready."

Written by Mezin Source: "Are they attempting to scare us into believing? Ethan Haas would try to strike fear into the hearts of men. Do not be taken by the ramblings of a mad man. Brothers and sisters we are all safe."

Written by Mezin Source: "The great cycle, the beginning and the end, turns just as the plans of the gods turn once again to the world of men. And they will come upon the earth only after the skies rain down fire and the very earth itself is made to shake and the great cities of men fall into ruins. Their plans are set and their purpose is clear; they come for war."

Mezin Source means Great Source.

THE CTHULHU THEORY:

"Cthulhu is a fictional monster created by horror author H. P. Lovecraft. Cthulhu is often cited for the extreme descriptions given of its appearance, size, and the abject terror that it invokes. One is said to have yielded simultaneous pictures of an octopus, a dragon, and a human caricature.... A pulpy, tentacled head surmounted a grotesque and scaly body with rudimentary wings. Another represented a monster of vaguely anthropoid outline, but with an octopus-like head whose face was a mass of feelers, a scaly, rubbery-looking body, prodigious claws on hind and fore feet, and long, narrow wings behind. The phrase 'a mountain walked or stumbled' gives a sense of the creature's scale."

"Cthulhu is depicted as having a worldwide cult centered in Arabia, with followers in regions as far-flung as Greenland, Louisiana, and New Zealand." Warnings of 'others' whose minds are on the destruction of the earth fit this bill. Cthulhu is imprisoned currently, awaiting a cosmic alignment of the stars to release him. Another similarity (watch the stars).

"In At the Mountains of Madness the Old Ones are a species of extraterrestrials, also known as Elder Things, who were at war with Cthulhu and his relatives or allies." In our clues there is mention of ancient ones who are walking the earth or returning to do war.

"There are leaders of the cult 'in the mountains of China' who are said to be immortal. Cthulhu is described by some of these cultists as the 'great priest' of the Great Old Ones who lived ages before there were any men, and who came to the young world out of the sky." The Gods once again return to the earth to do war. The sons of the gods may join them. Another similarity to the Source Clues, Video Clues and Email Clues.

According to Author August Derleth, "the Old or Ancient Ones, the Elder Gods, of cosmic good, and those of cosmic evil, bearing many names, and themselves of different groups, as if associated with the elements and yet transcending them: for there are the Water Beings, hidden in the depths; those of Air that are the primal lurkers beyond time; those of Earth, horrible animate survivors of distant eons." Van Mantra speaks of when 'THEY' reveal themselves, possibly referring to multiple monsters (or cultists).

"Cthulhu is also the worshiped leader of a cult called the Order of Dagon. Dagon beliefs are parallel to Christianity but in a satanic way. Cthulhu is the equivelent to 'God', Hydra (his wife) acts as the 'Holy Spirit', and Dagon is 'Jesus' whom the people of the order study and follow." And here we have a cult of followers, similar to those in Van Mantra's warnings.

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" translates to "In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu awaits dreaming."

Move Under Ground is a book written by Nick Mamatas which details the adventures of a person named Jack Kerouac who witnesses the rise of Cthulhu from the Pacific Ocean off the coast of CA and tracks Cthulhu to NY where an epic battle between good and evil takes place.

Move Under Ground is noteable because it focues on two primary locations; CA and NY. The 1-18-08.com WhoIs information gives us a fictitious NY address, the Teaser Trailer shows the destruction of NY and people have confirmed that filming of 'Cloverfield' is taking place in NY. Additionally, Clover Field (aka Santa Monica Airport) is in CA, 1-18-08.com WhoIs information gives us a phone number to the Barker Hanger at Santa Monica Airport (formerly Clover Field) in CA and people have verified that filming of 'Slusho' is taking place in CA.

THE HINDU THEORY:

On 01/18/2008, the ritual of Paryaya, which is held every two years, will occur in India. This date matches the release date of the movie.

Kali Yuga is the Hindu End Times where wrath is brought onto the sinful and the cycle comes round again. It is marked by great wars between the Gods, which sounds strikingly similar to the text appearing on the blogger site.

Shiva, in Hindu Mythology, is the destroyer, and has also been called the 'transformer' (coincidental to the film the teaser was tied to). Shiva is also known as Rudra, which has been called the 'Roaring' and the 'Howling'. Roaring was in the teaser trailer.

Albert Pike (Named in 1-18-08.com's WhoIs Information) was a Freemason famous for an alleged End Times, Third World War prophecy. Additionally, he has been alleged to be a Luciferian, alleged to have studied the Vedic texts and dabbled in Hindu philosophy.

THE NINE THEORY (aka Numerologist Theory) [submitted here for humor]:

On EthanHaasWasRight.com there are 9 orbs around the globe.
In Photo # 1 on 1-18-08.com, someone is wearing a jersey with the number 9 on it.
If you add the digits of 1-18-08.com (1+1+8+8=18) you get 18, and 1+8 is 9.
If you add the value of 1-18-08.com (1+18=19+8=27) you get 27, and 2+7 is 9.
The phone number on 1-18-08.com's WhoIs information (310) 450-4620 is to the Barker Hanger (http://www.barkerhangar.com/smac.htm) at the Santa Monica Airport (which used to be named "Clover Field") and houses a female flying team named the 99's.
We have to wait until August 1st (08/01) to receive more information. 8+1 is 9.
ETHAN HAAS has 9 letters.
VAN MANTRA has 9 letters.
Trailer was first viewed on 07/02, 7+2 = 9.
In Numerology, the number 9 signifies transformation; the end of things, completion and closure. To quote the source, "The number 9 indicates the completion of a cycle." This is interesting because a 'cycle' is routinely spoken of by Van Mantra when citing Ethan Haas.
According to Greek Mythology, there were 9 demigods or muses who manipulated and/or governed the activities of humans on earth.
Biblically, Jesus gave up his "ghost" in the 9th hour.
Luciferians hold 9 dear as a commemoration of Jesus' death.
Romans celebrated 9 days of life during a male purification ceremony. Additionally, Romans would celebrate the dead every 9th year.
W.W.Wescott (Author of Numbers: Their Occult Power & Mystic Virtues) wrote that 9 holds great significance among many Masonic orders and secret societies. "There is a Masonic order of 9 Elected Knights in which 9 roses, 9 lights, and 9 knocks are used."
W.W.Wescott (Author of Numbers: Their Occult Power & Mystic Virtues) quipped that in fact the number 9 is the number of 'the earth under evil influences'.

jag
07-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Ironman, nice find. That was one crazy ass post. +rep.

BufFan71
07-09-2007, 01:14 PM
i wonder wat monster its gonna be?

comahan
07-09-2007, 01:24 PM
Ironman, that link was on my first page, with me saying to scroll down to his post :P

But yea, thanks for posting it all, i didnt want to make my post any longer.

DLS42
07-09-2007, 01:25 PM
This movie looks intense.

HoopsDemon12
07-09-2007, 01:33 PM
Man im jacked for this movie... this is awesome man

ironman4579
07-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Ironman, that link was on my first page, with me saying to scroll down to his post :P

But yea, thanks for posting it all, i didnt want to make my post any longer.

I didn't notice that bottom link commie, so sorry about that. But I figure you know some people won't go looking for something unless it's right in front of them. This way it's right here, and your post doesn't get any longer, just containing the good basic info for everyone to look up.

I would say it's not Godzilla, as the roar really doesn't sound(to me at least) like the traditional Godzilla "scream" roar.

I have no idea what this is going to be, since the clues found on the website, blog etc, lead to many different interpretations, but are almost contradictory in some ways. Some seem to point to a monster movie, others to a giant sci fi war movie, etc. It'll be interesting to see, at any rate.

ironman4579
07-09-2007, 02:02 PM
A couple parts that I found interesting:

WhoIs Clue # 3 - Technical Contact: Pike, Albert (dbms-admin@verisign.com), 101 Callahan Drive, Alexandria, VA 22301, US, +1.3104504620 - Albert Pike was a 33rd Degree Freemason who allegedly had a premonition for a series of World Wars which would bring about One World Order. The latter of the world wars would destroy the world's religions and create a social unrest which would welcome the reign of Lucifer. The letter containing the details of the "prophecy", allegedly written in 1871, has not been seen and is only evidenced by other writings alluding to its existence.

Video # 3 Transcript - "We are blinded by our own selfish interests. Our wars are taking the lives of those we will need for the bigger battle ahead. Intolerance, oppression, poverty, and poor education are killing those that can help defend the world. The media is failing us in exchange for ratings. Of course, no one can see what we see. The destruction will be unlike anything the world has ever seen. The more of us that survive, the better our chances. But now, the group must carefully position in unison to unlock the way to the new faith. You must get others here or this will all be forgotten. We'll see you."

Video # 4 Transcript - "The stars began to rain down. The future violence will [cling?] to safety in the cities. But they won't know what you and I know. Only then will it really be the beginning of the end. When they finally show themselves, and shock [was left?] of the old world, where we stand in the new hierarchy will be up to us and what we do today. This will be the final and the most challenging of all things that have come. We won't have time for anymore games after this, only the truth. 54312. Now, the more we are in the same place at the same time, the more we will all see. We must organize before it's too late."

Source Transcript - "...war came, no longer from the elemental nor from the star's rain of fire. The world was again remade, and the glow was as the coming of the sun upon the Earth. The children of the gods were again too few, scattered and divided and among them walked the ancients and those whose thoughts were not as to the towers and the marvels, but to the End and the destruction of the Earth and to the fires from which nothing could escape."

Posted by Mezine Source (allegedly written by Ethan Haas): "The great war of the gods will come upon the earth; the fires and terror of their rule will return for a time, but the children of the gods may be thus prepared, themselves aware and powerful…they may stand along side the gods not as equals, but as allies, feared and ready."

Written by Mezin Source: "The great cycle, the beginning and the end, turns just as the plans of the gods turn once again to the world of men. And they will come upon the earth only after the skies rain down fire and the very earth itself is made to shake and the great cities of men fall into ruins. Their plans are set and their purpose is clear; they come for war."

All of these things have led me to wonder again if this will be some kind of epic sci-fi war movie. Is there a possibility that cthulhu and other monsters attack, and earth is aided in some way by the "ancients" as well as special humans who are, unbeknowst to even themselves "children of the gods?" Or could it be some type of great demon invasion, or invasion of fallen angels(in various theories, some of the fallen angels are believed to reside inside the elements) that is opposed by, again, "children of the gods", perhaps angel offspring(totally wild theory I know, just rambling as I go along here)? Or is it even possible this will be a movie about Armageddon, the "end times," and a great battle between good and evil takes place for the fate of mankind?

ironman4579
07-09-2007, 02:26 PM
I have to say, as excited as I am about this movie, and all the cool possibilities that it could be about, I know I'm going to be disappointed when it's "War of the Worlds 2: the Martians are back, and this time it's personal."

PoopSandwich
07-09-2007, 02:57 PM
If it's a Halo movie ohhhh my god....

That would be incredible...

Also, if it's anything but Godzilla it should be good ;)

ironman4579
07-09-2007, 02:59 PM
As someone on IMDB said, maybe it's about nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, DIARRHEA!!!!

Boston
07-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Yeah. That'd make the explosion diarrhea...

DLS42
07-09-2007, 03:01 PM
As someone on IMDB said, maybe it's about nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, DIARRHEA!!!!

Yay. Pepto- Bismal!

M.O.T.H.
07-09-2007, 03:57 PM
The Hindu theory def. adds up pretty well...atleast to me it does...:)

http://kaliyugatheory.blogspot.com/2007/07/meat-of-theory-is-here.html

ironman4579
07-09-2007, 04:47 PM
The Hindu theory def. adds up pretty well...atleast to me it does...:)

http://kaliyugatheory.blogspot.com/2007/07/meat-of-theory-is-here.html

It does seem interesting at the least. Another part of the Hindu theory that I find interesting is that the Paryaya festival occurs in 2008. Paryaya, as stated in the blog, doesn't mean parasite, but it does sound somewhat similiar when spoken(actually sort of a stretch, I know) and the working name of the creature(or one of the creatures) is "the Parasite." Yea ok, that's a stretch. Ignore that one.

M.O.T.H.
07-09-2007, 04:55 PM
January is pretty far away. :(

I'll be pretty mad if this was just another Godzilla...I must admit.

ironman4579
07-09-2007, 05:11 PM
Really, if this movie turns out to be ANYTHING #2 or 3 etc ad infinitum, I'm going to be pissed. As long as it's original, that's all I'm looking for at this point.

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
07-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Paramount has finally posted a trailer and it's in HD.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/

M.O.T.H.
07-09-2007, 05:52 PM
quicktime...ugh...it wont work for me.

ironman4579
07-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Me neither, and I even downloaded quicktime to try and watch it. Since it didn't work even then, bye bye quicktime.

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
07-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Here it is on youtube if you are having trouble with quicktime:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8wCl8Xcmcc

comahan
07-09-2007, 06:06 PM
thanks for the trailer update!

ironman4579
07-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Here it is on youtube if you are having trouble with quicktime:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8wCl8Xcmcc

I'd give you some more rep, but I just did.

ironman4579
07-09-2007, 06:11 PM
I also found out by browsing around, someone has figured out that the picture from this site already posted by comahan of the 2 girls

http://www.1-18-08.com/

Is actually only one girl. If you flip the picture so that the left side face is on the right, and the right on the left, the 2 halves match up nearly perfectly(the teeth aren't completely perfect) to form one face. Unless it's identical twins, it's another odd little thing.

comahan
07-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Yea, I saw a video of someone analyzing that on Youtube

ironman4579
07-09-2007, 06:15 PM
That's where I saw it. Very odd. I can't see what that would have to do with the story, but this thing is just pretty weird overall. I have to say, even if this movie ends up being Mars Attacks 2, you have to give them credit for brilliant marketing.

comahan
07-09-2007, 06:15 PM
The Youtube trailer was posted by "EthanHassWasRight" lol.

M.O.T.H.
07-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Did you see the other one...if you flip the one picture upside down...you see the numbers...6, 5, 5, 1, 7, 7, 3.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=im7wWMVzIyg
^^^This dude goes into a lot of stuff^^^

I'm loving this.

PoopSandwich
07-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Omg that trailer kicks ass every time I watch it.

Paul
07-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Olivia Munn on G4, said she had a friend in the movie. Hinted that it might be something to do with Voltron.

M.O.T.H.
07-09-2007, 06:20 PM
So did something get thrown at the statue of liberty?

ironman4579
So do you think when "more information is released" on August 1st, that we'll find out what the movie is actually about, or do you think it'll be even more teasers and clues to drive us even crazier?

M.O.T.H.
Olivia Munn on G4, said she had a friend in the movie. Hinted that it might be something to do with Voltron.

That would be lame.

ironman4579
07-09-2007, 06:21 PM
So did something get thrown at the statue of liberty?

I got the feeling the head was ripped off and thrown, but that's just me.

ironman4579
07-09-2007, 06:22 PM

If it's Voltron, I'd be pissed. I like Voltron and all, but if you're going to hype Voltron, do it like Transformers, not like this. This seems to mysterious for a live action Voltron.

Paul
07-09-2007, 06:24 PM
yeah I wouldn't take her word on it. It seems to badass to be something about Voltron. Just another rumor I heard.

M.O.T.H.
07-09-2007, 06:25 PM
My G4 wont work for some reason. :(

ironman4579
07-09-2007, 06:26 PM
yeah I wouldn't take her word on it. It seems to badass to be something about Voltron. Just another rumor I heard.

Hey, that's all any of this is, rumors and speculation, so bring em on IMO. I'm just saying ti would suck if it was Voltron. Although the Voltron movie supposedly did go into production pretty soon after the Transformers movie, and the were supposed to be released somewhat near each other. Although if this movie is being released next year, that's not really close.

ironman4579
07-09-2007, 06:31 PM
I don't think it'll be Voltron just based on this little bit about the Voltron movie:

Producer Mark Gordon ("The Day After Tomorrow") is developing a live action feature film based on the 1980s giant robot kids TV series and toy sensation.

The "Voltron" animated TV series debuted in 1984, about the same time as Hasbro's Transformers toy line, igniting a morphing robot phenomenon. It's interesting to note that this movie seems destined to come out at about the same time as Spielberg's Transformers movie . This is not unexpected given Hollywood's proclivity for releasing movies in pairs .

The story is currently being written, but it will apparently be based on the series about "five maverick explorer-pilots who must travel to the planet Arus to learn how to operate Voltron, a giant mechanical warrior formed by five smaller robots. The gargantuan robot is the last hope against the evil Drule Empire that has subjugated Earth and taken control of the universe."

Mark Costa and Ford Oelman, of New Line Cinema, secured the rights from "Voltron" owner World Events, and eventually brought the project to Gordon, whose credits also include "Saving Private Ryan" and "Speed." Costa and Oelman will be Executive Producers, along with Pharrell Williams, who will score the film and produce the soundtrack.

fenikz
07-09-2007, 06:56 PM
anyone every play the SNES game Chrono's Trigger?

because the explosion looks kinda like the last guy named Lavos

ironman4579
07-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Trigger was one of the top 5 RPG's ever IMO.

M.O.T.H.
07-09-2007, 06:58 PM

I dont know what that is but, I heard that being thrown around as a possibility as well.

Paul
07-09-2007, 07:06 PM

That would be awesome. I doubt it, but damn I loved the game.

familyguy555
07-09-2007, 07:07 PM
This looks sweet but when I opened up "ethanhaaswasright.com" only this gear thingy and 9 blue dots came up...

ironman4579
07-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Now I'm starting to wonder if maybe it is actually Voltron. I read on one forum, some people are speculating that when you hear in the trailer "It's alive and it's huge" the guy actually says "It's a lion, it's huge" Maybe it's because I had that in my head to listen for, but when I listened to it again, it kind of does sound like he says lion instead of alive. I'm starting to get worried now.

ironman4579
07-09-2007, 07:12 PM
This looks sweet but when I opened up "ethanhaaswasright.com" only this gear thingy and 9 blue dots came up...

The gear should go away once it loads. It did for me anyway.

Cashmoney
07-09-2007, 07:12 PM
i swear when theyre in the street the dude says "we saw it, it's a lion and it's huge."

ironman4579
07-09-2007, 07:18 PM
See, now that's what I heard too, once I was listening for it. But like I said, that might just be because I WAS listening for that phrase instead of "it's alive"

fenikz
07-09-2007, 07:19 PM
a chrono trigger movie would be sweet

M.O.T.H.
07-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Now I'm starting to wonder if maybe it is actually Voltron. I read on one forum, some people are speculating that when you hear in the trailer "It's alive and it's huge" the guy actually says "It's a lion, it's huge" Maybe it's because I had that in my head to listen for, but when I listened to it again, it kind of does sound like he says lion instead of alive. I'm starting to get worried now.

I dont know...one guy on youtube slowed it down and I'm pretty positive it says..."I saw it, it's alive, it's huge."

It could be Voltron...could be a giant Lion roar...I'll tell you though, I have zero interest in seeing a Voltron movie.

fenikz
07-09-2007, 07:22 PM
here is the lavos thing if you have never played the game

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iC_BUaKN3is

ironman4579
07-09-2007, 07:25 PM
After doing a little research now into a possible Voltron movie, I've read that the script is probably going to be quite dark, taking after the original japanese version of Voltron, Golion. In this series, there was quite graphic violence, character death, profanity, etc. It was cleaned up and completely editted for North American TV, and made into the happy go lucky Voltron we all know. I've heard that with the latest script re-write, it would NOT be for kids. So if it does end up being just a Voltron movie, it might actually end up being pretty bad ass, although I really wouldn't have any desire to see it. I'm hoping it's not Voltron though.

ironman4579
07-09-2007, 07:29 PM
a chrono trigger movie would be sweet

I have to say, I would much prefer a Chrono Trigger movie to a Voltron movie.

M.O.T.H.
07-09-2007, 07:30 PM
I dont have any interest in giant robot movies.

ironman4579
07-09-2007, 07:33 PM
My question is, why would Voltron be attacking the city? Or if he was fighting something, you'd think you'd at least be able to get a glimpse of something in the trailer. I'm still guessing it's not Voltron, since the clues and stuff still don't add up to Voltron(to me at least)

Paul
07-09-2007, 07:34 PM
I have to say, I would much prefer a Chrono Trigger movie to a Voltron movie.

I'd prefer a Justin Guarini movie over a Voltron movie.

....maybe.

ironman4579
07-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Really, I'd rather not see a Voltron movie, and if I went to all this fuss and got worked up over Voltron, I'm going to be pissed. But I still don't think it's Voltron(at least that's what I'll keep telling myself)

M.O.T.H.
07-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Really, I'd rather not see a Voltron movie, and if I went to all this fuss and got worked up over Voltron, I'm going to be pissed. But I still don't think it's Voltron(at least that's what I'll keep telling myself)

I hope it isnt....

fenikz
07-09-2007, 07:43 PM
if its a Voltron movie ill be pissed, i want some apocalyptic thing

M.O.T.H.
07-09-2007, 07:45 PM
"It's alive, it's huge"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRSaXSRyZMs&mode=related&search=

This is what i was talking about earlier.

HoopsDemon12
07-09-2007, 07:53 PM
"It's alive, it's huge"

ya its definatly "It's Alive, it's huge"

sweetness34
07-09-2007, 08:16 PM
It's not Voltron, I'll bet anything it's not Voltron. But I have no idea what it is.

ironman4579
07-09-2007, 09:03 PM
"It's alive, it's huge"

Yea, that's good. I'm even more sure it's not Voltron now.

Cashmoney
07-09-2007, 10:05 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if this movie comes out and its more about the humans, and we dont even see the monster in the movie. with a budget of 30 million that doesnt leave a whole lot of room for special effects.

M.O.T.H.
07-09-2007, 10:09 PM
I doubt it, that sure would piss a lot of people off...they dont make movies like that anymore for a reason. The fact that they are actually using handheld cameras should save some cash.

Boston
07-09-2007, 10:36 PM
ya its definatly "It's Alive, it's huge"

Why would they say it's alive in the first place. Unless it hatched out of the ground or an egg, or some weird thing like that. Unless it was presumed dead, and got up again. I don't know, i'm rambling.

M.O.T.H.
07-09-2007, 10:38 PM
I've got Cloverfield fever...haha.

Know what's funny? No one even knows for sure if all this Ethan Haas stuff is even really related to Cloverfield.

Flyboy
07-09-2007, 11:58 PM
Being that he was a character on The Class and Lizzy Kaplan was also on The Class... it's definitely possible.

M.O.T.H.
07-10-2007, 12:00 AM
I hope it's all linked...it's def. got me interested. I want to know more.

PoopSandwich
07-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Ehhh... I dont know what to think...

One time I hear it it sounds like "It's alive its huge."

then the next time, if you listen to it, you hear a girl say "What is it?" and you listen and hear "It's a lion it's huge."

Why would the guy say "It's alive it's huge? Obviously if something is blowing crap up in the city and everyones running from it it's alive, its obviously not dead.

Who knows.

PoopSandwich
07-10-2007, 12:27 AM
Also, did anyone think that maybe Voltron is a good guy defending the world from other creatures?

Boston
07-10-2007, 12:29 AM
Also, did anyone think that maybe Voltron is a good guy defending the world from other creatures?

Lame. I want a giant monster to rip the world to shreds. The End. No lame save the world plot, or some random thing that kills the monster, ala WotW. Which probably won't happen, but oh well.

PoopSandwich
07-10-2007, 12:29 AM
Lame. I want a giant monster to rip the world to shreds. The End. No lame save the world plot, or some random thing that kills the monster, ala WotW.

Well how about alot of things that destroy the world and Voltron tries to defend it?

Boston
07-10-2007, 12:38 AM
Well how about alot of things that destroy the world and Voltron tries to defend it?

Too Transformersesque. I would rather have it simply be a terrifying monster movie.

M.O.T.H.
07-10-2007, 12:40 AM
I'm already tired of giant robot movies...haha.

M.O.T.H.
07-10-2007, 12:41 AM
There is nothing wrong w/ someone saying "it's alive, it's huge"...they're are a lot of people in a panic that havent seen it and have no idea what the hell is going on.

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
07-10-2007, 12:42 AM
Off the imdb boards someone found the website for the drink Slusho, which is also what the film is being filmed under in LA. Here is the site: www.Slusho.com , a few people think the history on the site has the plot of the film. Also in the trailer there is a guy wearing a slusho shirt. Pretty interesting how many sites this movie has.

Boston
07-10-2007, 12:43 AM
There is nothing wrong w/ someone saying "it's alive, it's huge"...they're are a lot of people in a panic that havent seen it and have no idea what the hell is going on.

I don't know. Unless Frankenstein is attacking New York, it should have something to do with who the monster is, and how it "entered," for lack of a better word, the vicinity. Like emerged from the ground, etc.

M.O.T.H.
07-10-2007, 12:49 AM
I don't know. Unless Frankenstein is attacking New York, it should have something to do with who the monster is, and how it "entered," for lack of a better word, the vicinity. Like emerged from the ground, etc.

It could have emerged from the ground...you hear the roars before seeing the explosions so that is possible. I'm praying it's not godzilla...because, how the last one ended, it would make a lot of sense.

Boston
07-10-2007, 12:52 AM
It could have emerged from the ground...you hear the roars before seeing the explosions so that is possible. I'm praying it's not godzilla...because, how the last one ended, it would make a lot of sense.

It's not. Paramount doesnt' have the rights.

M.O.T.H.
07-10-2007, 12:53 AM
It's not. Paramount doesnt' have the rights.

I know I've heard all that but, some believe they bought the rights for it...I hope not. and if it's Voltron...that is just lame.

M.O.T.H.
07-10-2007, 12:56 AM
Off the imdb boards someone found the website for the drink Slusho, which is also what the film is being filmed under in LA. Here is the site: www.Slusho.com (http://www.Slusho.com) , a few people think the history on the site has the plot of the film. Also in the trailer there is a guy wearing a slusho shirt. Pretty interesting how many sites this movie has.

I just read the history....hahaha....wtf is that???

So, confused.

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
07-10-2007, 01:01 AM
I just read the history....hahaha....wtf is that???

So, confused.

Same, I have seen a lot of people throw around parasites being a part/theme of the of the movie, maybe the parasites are in the drink?

SuperKevin
07-10-2007, 01:09 AM
Ok here's my theory based on Slusho. We all know Clthlu(sp?) is an underwater dwelling creature and his history says there are smaller flowwers of Cluthu also from the stars. Well the Slusho history says the secret ingredient is found underwater. Tying in with the parasites I'm thinking the secret ingredient are these followers of Cluthlu and the more you drink Slusho the more power you are giving Cluthlu

Ward
07-10-2007, 01:38 AM
Ok here's my theory based on Slusho. We all know Clthlu(sp?) is an underwater dwelling creature and his history says there are smaller flowwers of Cluthu also from the stars. Well the Slusho history says the secret ingredient is found underwater. Tying in with the parasites I'm thinking the secret ingredient are these followers of Cluthlu and the more you drink Slusho the more power you are giving Cluthlu

May be something to that. The history implies that Slusho uses a secret ingredient found on an expedition to the deep sea.

Go_Eagles77
07-10-2007, 01:49 AM
I really don't want it to be Voltron, but this guy on another site I go to knows a lot about it, he wrote this -

"heres what we know:

Cloverfield is a throwaway name. Its the name of a street near Bad Robot productions main office in Santa Monica.
The name of the street for the address of the production team listed for Voltron is the same name for the street where Bad Robot productions is on.
They've made the mention of a 'parasite'.
According to one of the writers for Voltron, the Robeasts will have parsitic qualities that help them regenerate from attacks using their surroundings; metal debris.
The battle in Voltron takes place in Manhattan.
Rob is going to 'Japan'. Key hint as Voltron show was made in Japan.
The guy in the trailer says 'best night ever'. The Drule invasion on Earth lasts one day.
And going by how suddenly Manhattan is attacked and by this disiphered puzzle line:
"And they will come upon the earth only after the skies rain down fire and the very earth itself is made to shake and the great cities of men fall into ruins. Their plans are set and their purpose is clear; they come for war."
Depicts that it is more than one "monster" attacking. That "they" points to a group, or an alien race, or an army, or an empire, out for war. The Drule empire.
Also this line:
" but the children of the gods may be thus prepared, themselves aware and powerful…they may stand along side the gods not as equals, but as allies, feared and ready."
Already in the script, it is shown that the 5 keys are somewhat sentient, exerting their own free will, the anceint life force of an alient planet known as Arus, and they are linked with the 5 chosen 'pilots' who are decendants. The Drules want these keys because they contain so much power.

Theyve now shown that there is a stone with wierd Hieroglyphic annotations.
In the Voltron script, the five keys are drawn together; small, ancient-looking but with some kind of modern edge to them, almost like alien artifacts, and form some kind of energy core.

Later, Pidge, who's real name will be SUZUISHI HIROSHI which means “tin stone”, runs into a tool shed of some kind and see hundreds of sketches in varying languages, some schematic, some artistic, some downright incomprehensible. Hieroglyphic annotations.
"Translations from some ancient source. Heavy schematics. All of them depicting five lionbots. One series depicts five lions merging together, re-configuring into a different from altogether. Like a step by step diagram of how they build a HUMANOID FIGURE. What’s more, the figure carries a sword."

In other words Voltron."

Like I said, I really hope he's wrong lol

M.O.T.H.
07-10-2007, 02:10 AM
JJ Abrams says Ethan Haas has “Nothing To Do With” Cloverfield

According to this site....
http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/07/09/jj-abrams-says-ethan-haas-has-nothing-to-do-with-cloverfield/

Boston
07-10-2007, 02:13 AM
JJ Abrams says Ethan Haas has “Nothing To Do With” Cloverfield

According to this site....
http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/07/09/jj-abrams-says-ethan-haas-has-nothing-to-do-with-cloverfield/

This is getting out of hand. Now, everything is less than speculation, with theories being drawn from sites that have nothing to do with the movie.

M.O.T.H.
07-10-2007, 02:20 AM
I know it's crazy...I'll grow bored eventually...until some good info is released.

Mr. Stiller
07-10-2007, 03:09 AM
Sounds like a Crossover-Cult film...

I love Donnie Darko and Boondock Saints, but they never cut into the mainstream or had me edgy to see the movie like this!

I've also come to the conclusion that ..

Voltron needs some new threads.. he looks like the power rangers "Mega zord"

VoteLynnSwan
07-10-2007, 03:40 AM
No one seems to remember how there was this same vague string of websites for Lost... all this cryptic crap about Dr. Marvin Candle and such... this is the same type of thing, all this stuff will do is lead you nowhere.

Jughead10
07-10-2007, 07:41 AM
No one seems to remember how there was this same vague string of websites for Lost... all this cryptic crap about Dr. Marvin Candle and such... this is the same type of thing, all this stuff will do is lead you nowhere.

This is so much like the LOST Experience. I know absolutely nothign about Voltron except for watching the cartoons here and there as a kid but it is just my guess this is NOT a Voltron movie. I just couldn't see JJ Abrams doing that type of movie. It will be something more creative than that, something that will make you think a bit as well.

Also I would expect JJ to come out more and more and clear up which site are "legit" and which aren't, as he did so with lost over and over. Although the Slusho site I would guess is real because he did things like that with Lost all the time (Apollo Candy Bar, Oceanic Airlines, etc).

However at the end of the Lost Experience it did lead you somewhere, although the purpose seems to be different. This seems to be all marketing for the movie, while the Lost Experience was to present you with an alternate storyline they couldn't show you on TV. Or more like didn't have time for on TV.

HoopsDemon12
07-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Ehhh... I dont know what to think...

One time I hear it it sounds like "It's alive its huge."

then the next time, if you listen to it, you hear a girl say "What is it?" and you listen and hear "It's a lion it's huge."

Why would the guy say "It's alive it's huge? Obviously if something is blowing crap up in the city and everyones running from it it's alive, its obviously not dead.

Who knows.

well he says "I saw it .. its alive its huge..." i dont know maybe some people thought it was a terrorist attack? i mean you never know.. what is it could mean what happened when your in panick right? they dont know whats going on in the scene really either

PoopSandwich
07-10-2007, 12:59 PM
I don't know anything about Voltron but don't understand why it would be a bad concept, you have a huge ass robot defending the world from a bunch of things trying to blow it up, and it doesn't look like its going to be a corny movie like transformers, more of a dark and evil one.

Jughead10
07-10-2007, 01:02 PM
I don't know anything about Voltron but don't understand why it would be a bad concept, you have a huge ass robot defending the world from a bunch of things trying to blow it up, and it doesn't look like its going to be a corny movie like transformers, more of a dark and evil one.

I can almost guarantee JJ Abrams would want nothing to do with a storyline like that. This move will be smart, clever, and will probably leave you guessing for most of its duration.

ironman4579
07-10-2007, 02:14 PM
I was starting to wonder last night if maybe the trailer and the Haas stuff were actually for 2 different movies. I guess it could just be misdirection on Abrams part to say that it has nothing to do with the movie, which seems like something he would do. But I also got to thinking. Wonder if the trailer and then all the Haas stuff actually are for seperate movies, but both movies tie together and come out at the same time? Like each movie would be about the same story, but told from 2 different perspectives? It would kind of make sense if one was shot from the hand held camera angle, to get that more down and dirty personal feel to it.

I doubt it, but I think this would be a great idea honestly, so now I'm hoping for something like that. Imagine it. You have 2 movies that release on the same day. They're both about the same events, but told from 2 different perspectives, so you see different things, and you have to see both movies in order to fill in the holes in the other one. Events cross over from different points of view, but you also see completely new things. It seems like it would be expensive, unless one or both were shot on a $30 mil budget. I don't know. I'm sure that's not going to happen, but it seems like it would be a pretty good idea.

HoopsDemon12
07-10-2007, 02:21 PM
I was starting to wonder last night if maybe the trailer and the Haas stuff were actually for 2 different movies. I guess it could just be misdirection on Abrams part to say that it has nothing to do with the movie, which seems like something he would do. But I also got to thinking. Wonder if the trailer and then all the Haas stuff actually are for seperate movies, but both movies tie together and come out at the same time? Like each movie would be about the same story, but told from 2 different perspectives? It would kind of make sense if one was shot from the hand held camera angle, to get that more down and dirty personal feel to it.

I doubt it, but I think this would be a great idea honestly, so now I'm hoping for something like that. Imagine it. You have 2 movies that release on the same day. They're both about the same events, but told from 2 different perspectives, so you see different things, and you have to see both movies in order to fill in the holes in the other one. Events cross over from different points of view, but you also see completely new things. It seems like it would be expensive, unless one or both were shot on a $30 mil budget. I don't know. I'm sure that's not going to happen, but it seems like it would be a pretty good idea.

man that would be absolutly amazing! i would definatly go see both.. probably right after the other aswell..

PoopSandwich
07-10-2007, 03:26 PM
man that would be absolutly amazing! i would definatly go see both.. probably right after the other aswell..

Yep I'd go at midnight then after the midnight showing hop into the other one, I'd be there until like 5 AM lol :)

M.O.T.H.
07-10-2007, 03:36 PM
Some sites have said that Ethan Haas site has been up since early June...way before any inkling of this movie...Some believe the site is actually lnked to M. Night Shyamalan new movie...the Happening.

As for the Slusho site...Abrams reportedly said it was real and one of the guys in the trailer is wearing a Slusho T-Shirt.

Mr. Stiller
07-10-2007, 03:50 PM
I don't know what it's going to be named.

I don't know if this info has been posted.

But per www.imdb.com search of JJ Adams.. it's called..

"The Untitled JJ Adams Project"...

Also Known As (AKA)
Clover USA (fake working title)
Cloverfield USA (fake working title)
Slusho USA (fake working title)

So Slusho is definitely a tie-in. I'm sure it'll be adding more as well.

From some guy on imdb.com:

"I've compiled my ideas and research into a blogger column here: http://kaliyugatheory.blogspot.com/ so as not to continue spamming the one thread I already made.

In short - I believe the movie MAY be related to Kali Yuga, the Hindu end times where wrath is brought onto the sinful and the cycle comes round again. It is marked by great wars between the Gods, which sounds strikingly similar to the text appearing on the blogger site and found in java code previously.

Some notes to support this, which are found within the text of my theory:
-On Jan 18th of 2008, the ritual of Paryaya will occur. This is a rite that occurs only every other year where the sacred management of a great temple in India occurs.
-Shiva, who has in history been known as Rudra and Bhairava, has even more names in these guises. Shiva, of course, is the destroyer, a being that is sometimes known as an archer, with great arrows from the heavens. He is also called the 'transformer,' perhaps causing a great pun considering the teaser's provenance. Rudra is also called the roaring, or the howling. And Bhairava is also often depicted carrying a severed head. All of this symbolism can be seen in the teaser.
-Albert Pike, a name coming up in server researches, does indeed connect to all this. While he's best known as being a favorite in Freemason conspiracy theory due to being a possible Luciferian, etc, he began in his youth to study the Vedic texts that had just been translated. He devoted a great deal of his writing to various gods of various cultures and is said to have meditated heavily on Hindu philosophy.

Incidentally, JJ Abrams seems to enjoy working possible Buddhist/Hindu themes into LOST, so you've got that, too. I'm not married to this theory, but I like it a heck of a lot better than the Godzilla stuff.

I will be honest - if it turns out to be Cthulhu, I'd still be happy."

ironman4579
07-10-2007, 03:54 PM
This is bad. I really think Cloverfield/Slusho has taken over my life.

M.O.T.H.
07-10-2007, 04:00 PM
This is bad. I really think Cloverfield/Slusho has taken over my life.

I was having some fun reading all the comments on youtube...funny stuff.
Keep hearing the same things. Looks like people are finally figuring out that the guy said "alive" and not "lion". lol.

ironman4579
07-10-2007, 04:11 PM
At least the Voltron theory seems to have been discarded, so that's something.

Mr. Stiller
07-10-2007, 04:16 PM
being the nerd I am.. I downloaded the file from the website (Basically the whole thing that runs the 2 picture thing at 1-18-08.com

I'm not good with Java, and I could post the code.

I haven't found any links, or any info explaining a if=then.

I spent enough time trying to dissect this for a second link... any nerds around? (njx?)

/**
* SWFObject v1.4: Flash Player detection and embed - http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/
* SWFObject is (c) 2006 Geoff Stearns and is released under the MIT License:
* http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php
* **SWFObject is the SWF embed script formerly known as FlashObject. The name was changed for
* legal reasons.
*/
if(typeof deconcept=="undefined"){var deconcept=new Object();}
if(typeof deconcept.util=="undefined"){deconcept.util=new Object();}
if(typeof deconcept.SWFObjectUtil=="undefined"){deconcept.SWFObjectUtil=new Object();}
deconcept.SWFObject=function(_1,id,w,h,_5,c,_7,_8, _9,_a,_b){
if(!document.createElement||!document.getElementBy Id){return;}
this.DETECT_KEY=_b?_b:"detectflash";
this.skipDetect=deconcept.util.getRequestParameter (this.DETECT_KEY);
this.params=new Object();
this.variables=new Object();
this.attributes=new Array();
if(_1){this.setAttribute("swf",_1);}
if(id){this.setAttribute("id",id);}
if(w){this.setAttribute("width",w);}
if(h){this.setAttribute("height",h);}
if(_5){this.setAttribute("version",new deconcept.PlayerVersion(_5.toString().split(".")));}
this.installedVer=deconcept.SWFObjectUtil.getPlaye rVersion(this.getAttribute("version"),_7);
if(c){this.addParam("bgcolor",c);}
var q=_8?_8:"high";
this.addParam("quality",q);
this.setAttribute("useExpressInstall",_7);
this.setAttribute("doExpressInstall",false);
var _d=(_9)?_9:window.location;
this.setAttribute("xiRedirectUrl",_d);
this.setAttribute("redirectUrl","");
if(_a){this.setAttribute("redirectUrl",_a);}};
deconcept.SWFObject.prototype={setAttribute:functi on(_e,_f){
this.attributes[_e]=_f;
},getAttribute:function(_10){
return this.attributes[_10];
},addParam:function(_11,_12){
this.params[_11]=_12;
},getParams:function(){
return this.params;
},addVariable:function(_13,_14){
this.variables[_13]=_14;
},getVariable:function(_15){
return this.variables[_15];
},getVariables:function(){
return this.variables;
},getVariablePairs:function(){
var _16=new Array();
var key;
var _18=this.getVariables();
for(key in _18){
_16.push(key+"="+_18[key]);}
return _16;
},getSWFHTML:function(){
var _19="";
if(navigator.plugins&&navigator.mimeTypes&&navigator.mimeTypes.length){
if(this.getAttribute("doExpressInstall")){this.addVariable("MMplayerType","PlugIn");}
_19="<embed type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" src=\""+this.getAttribute("swf")+"\" width=\""+this.getAttribute("width")+"\" height=\""+this.getAttribute("height")+"\"";
_19+=" id=\""+this.getAttribute("id")+"\" name=\""+this.getAttribute("id")+"\" ";
var _1a=this.getParams();
for(var key in _1a){_19+=[key]+"=\""+_1a[key]+"\" ";}
var _1c=this.getVariablePairs().join("&");
if(_1c.length>0){_19+="flashvars=\""+_1c+"\"";}
_19+="/>";
}else{
if(this.getAttribute("doExpressInstall")){this.addVariable("MMplayerType","ActiveX");}
_19="<object id=\""+this.getAttribute("id")+"\" classid=\"clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000\" width=\""+this.getAttribute("width")+"\" height=\""+this.getAttribute("height")+"\">";
_19+="<param name=\"movie\" value=\""+this.getAttribute("swf")+"\" />";
var _1d=this.getParams();
for(var key in _1d){_19+="<param name=\""+key+"\" value=\""+_1d[key]+"\" />";}
var _1f=this.getVariablePairs().join("&");
if(_1f.length>0){_19+="<param name=\"flashvars\" value=\""+_1f+"\" />";}
_19+="</object>";}
return _19;
},write:function(_20){
if(this.getAttribute("useExpressInstall")){
var _21=new deconcept.PlayerVersion([6,0,65]);
if(this.installedVer.versionIsValid(_21)&&!this.installedVer.versionIsValid(this.getAttribut e("version"))){
this.setAttribute("doExpressInstall",true);
this.addVariable("MMredirectURL",escape(this.getAttribute("xiRedirectUrl")));
document.title=document.title.slice(0,47)+" - Flash Player Installation";
this.addVariable("MMdoctitle",document.title);}}
if(this.skipDetect||this.getAttribute("doExpressInstall")||this.installedVer.versionIsValid(this.getAttrib ute("version"))){
var n=(typeof _20=="string")?document.getElementById(_20):_20;
n.innerHTML=this.getSWFHTML();
return true;
}else{
if(this.getAttribute("redirectUrl")!=""){document.location.replace(this.getAttribute("redirectUrl"));}}
return false;}};
deconcept.SWFObjectUtil.getPlayerVersion=function( _23,_24){
var _25=new deconcept.PlayerVersion([0,0,0]);
if(navigator.plugins&&navigator.mimeTypes.length){
var x=navigator.plugins["Shockwave Flash"];
if(x&&x.description){_25=new deconcept.PlayerVersion(x.description.replace(/([a-z]|[A-Z]|\s)+/,"").replace(/(\s+r|\s+b[0-9]+)/,".").split("."));}
}else{try{
var axo=new ActiveXObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash");
for(var i=3;axo!=null;i++){
axo=new ActiveXObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash."+i);
_25=new deconcept.PlayerVersion([i,0,0]);}}
catch(e){}
if(_23&&_25.major>_23.major){return _25;}
if(!_23||((_23.minor!=0||_23.rev!=0)&&_25.major==_23.major)||_25.major!=6||_24){
try{_25=new deconcept.PlayerVersion(axo.GetVariable("$version").split(" ")[1].split(","));}
catch(e){}}}
return _25;};
deconcept.PlayerVersion=function(_29){
this.major=parseInt(_29[0])!=null?parseInt(_29[0]):0;
this.minor=parseInt(_29[1])||0;
this.rev=parseInt(_29[2])||0;};
deconcept.PlayerVersion.prototype.versionIsValid=f unction(fv){
if(this.major<fv.major){return false;}
if(this.major>fv.major){return true;}
if(this.minor<fv.minor){return false;}
if(this.minor>fv.minor){return true;}
if(this.rev<fv.rev){return false;}return true;};
deconcept.util={getRequestParameter:function(_2b){
var q=document.location.search||document.location.hash ;
if(q){
var _2d=q.indexOf(_2b+"=");
var _2e=(q.indexOf("&",_2d)>-1)?q.indexOf("&",_2d):q.length;
if(q.length>1&&_2d>-1){
return q.substring(q.indexOf("=",_2d)+1,_2e);
}}return "";}};
if(Array.prototype.push==null){
Array.prototype.push=function(_2f){
this[this.length]=_2f;
return this.length;};}
var getQueryParamValue=deconcept.util.getRequestParame ter;
var FlashObject=deconcept.SWFObject; // for backwards compatibility
var SWFObject=deconcept.SWFObject;

M.O.T.H.
07-10-2007, 04:22 PM
http://www.cinematical.com/2007/07/09/inside-the-cloverfield-production-a-spy-speaks-out/

http://www.trailerspy.com/2007/07/08/a-trailerspy-exclusive-comments-from-a-cloverfield-1-18-08-insider/

Here's some more stuff...nothing really that new. I was gonna post it yesterday but, never got around to it.

HoopsDemon12
07-10-2007, 04:26 PM
http://www.cinematical.com/2007/07/09/inside-the-cloverfield-production-a-spy-speaks-out/

http://www.trailerspy.com/2007/07/08/a-trailerspy-exclusive-comments-from-a-cloverfield-1-18-08-insider/

Here's some more stuff...nothing really that new. I was gonna post it yesterday but, never got around to it.

man this thing just has everybody buzing

M.O.T.H.
07-10-2007, 06:42 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jc5HoevulDI

Pretty Long...I find it hilarious how much in depth this kid tries to go...
I'm still having fun w/ this wild goose chase.

Smoke dinosaur...ahh...meh, looks like smoke to me...haha.

Boston
07-10-2007, 06:53 PM
I know it isn't, but it came from someone who was talking about Jurassic Park 4, and he said he thought it might be this, though I know it's not. The roar of the creature sounds like a T-rex in JP, that's what the claim was based off of. Just a new idea.

HoopsDemon12
07-10-2007, 06:56 PM
I know it isn't, but it came from someone who was talking about Jurassic Park 4, and he said he thought it might be this, though I know it's not. The roar of the creature sounds like a T-rex in JP, that's what the claim was based off of. Just a new idea.

i dont think it sounds anything like the T-Rex raor from Jurrasic park... and no dinosaur was that big... i used to know my **** about dinosaurs and not even mr director steven would make up one that huge... sure he exagerates sizes... but thats extreme.. one of that guys youtube videos he compares the roars from the JP movies to this.. and its completly differnet... no way this is a dinosaur movie

sweetness34
07-10-2007, 06:57 PM

If it's Jurassic Park I'll be ticked. I doubt it's that. With the way they're keeping it under wraps, it's something new.

M.O.T.H.
07-10-2007, 06:57 PM
If it was a T-rex I guess it would have to knock off the statue of liberty's head w/ its tail. haha. umm...I still dont know what those explosions would be...also, I dont get why there are little explosions in the sky after the large one. So, confusing...

HoopsDemon12
07-10-2007, 07:22 PM
If it was a T-rex I guess it would have to knock off the statue of liberty's head w/ its tail. haha. umm...I still dont know what those explosions would be...also, I dont get why there are little explosions in the sky after the large one. So, confusing...

im telling you not even hollywood would blow this out of proportion this rank... im almost 100$ sure we are waiting to see a new monster here... i mean you guys are right.. with this secretiveness or however you wanna say it... its something we havnt seen before.. because they know if they did it fora a sequal.. no one would go see it becasue they were pissed at the way they went aroudn it

M.O.T.H.
07-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Anyone know if Paramount has any big movies coming out? Perhaps we'll see a new trailer than or some tidbit of new info...

Brent
07-10-2007, 08:34 PM
This is making people crazed. Good way to build hype Mr. Abrams.

M.O.T.H.
07-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Could make for a pretty bas ass video game, depending on what it is of course...I'm not sure if they actually fight it though, all the "spies" say there havent been many signs of retaliation. Just a big mystery...it's crazy.

Boston
07-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Could make for a pretty bas ass video game, depending on what it is of course...I'm not sure if they actually fight it though, all the "spies" say there havent been many signs of retaliation. Just a big mystery...it's crazy.

What.......?

M.O.T.H.
07-10-2007, 10:04 PM
What.......?

Every movie has "spies" or "insiders" that leak info...there are supposedly two guys talking from the inside...they say there werent any scenes of anyone fighting back, while they were on set. Take it w/ a grain of salt...who knows if these people were actually there.

BuckNaked
07-10-2007, 10:09 PM
JJ Abrams is great at showing a little bit, and always leaving people wanting more. He does the same thing with Lost.

Mr. Stiller
07-11-2007, 01:12 AM
Every movie has "spies" or "insiders" that leak info...there are supposedly two guys talking from the inside...they say there werent any scenes of anyone fighting back, while they were on set. Take it w/ a grain of salt...who knows if these people were actually there.

that'd be interesting one of possibly .. 3 movies where good doesn't triumph.

(2 of the ones I can think of are Rob Zombie movies....)

I can't think of any others where the bad guys live or monsters win.

Boston
07-11-2007, 01:19 AM
The two movie idea would be great. One could be the home video Rob crew, and the other could be a movie of how the monster came to New York, and tore it apart.

SuperKevin
07-11-2007, 01:30 AM
Anyone else getting worried about how months of intense hype and build up might be setting it up for a HUGE letdown?

M.O.T.H.
07-11-2007, 01:34 AM
Anyone else getting worried about how months of intense hype and build up might be setting it up for a HUGE letdown?

yeah...I'm gonna be pretty pissed when they reveal that this is a new power rangers movie...haha. That's one of the new theories...I hope it isnt, oh please. lol.

Namy
07-11-2007, 01:56 AM
yeah...I'm gonna be pretty pissed when they reveal that this is a new power rangers movie...haha. That's one of the new theories...I hope it isnt, oh please. lol.

LMAO that would be HILARIOUS

Mr. Stiller
07-11-2007, 02:00 AM

well. No, because frankly.. the hype was atleast worthwhile enough. There's plenty of movies I've seen in theater that were hyped and jokes.. nothing new.. but atleast this gives hope.

Mr. Stiller
07-11-2007, 02:04 AM
LMAO that would be HILARIOUS

This would be a great setup for... Clerks 3 or Mallrats 2.. though.. NY isn't NJ.

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
07-11-2007, 03:10 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jc5HoevulDI

Pretty Long...I find it hilarious how much in depth this kid tries to go...
I'm still having fun w/ this wild goose chase.

Smoke dinosaur...ahh...meh, looks like smoke to me...haha.

I don't know the first time I looked at the smoke dinosaur the first thing that it reminded me of was Lizzie from the Rampage video game and I have seen a few people throw out Rampage as being this movie.

ironman4579
07-11-2007, 03:42 PM
So I sent an email to van@ethanhaaswasright.com. Here's the reply:

"I think I’m safe, for now. Wherever I go it isn’t long before they find me.

It seems The Mezin are connected to every aspect of humanity, from culture and
religion to our most advanced technology

I have to be more careful contacting all of you. When I began I thought I could
safely speak about his writings and perhaps save us all...

but now it seems I will have to find a more subtle way to share his
visions.

If this is the first message you have received from me do not give up hope!
There are others that have gone before you, the way has been found, you only
need to search and you will find the answers you seek. We will all have a role
to play. We are getting stronger, our voices will be heard!

I have more of Haas’s writings, once I find a secure way to transmit them I
will leave you clues to find them.

The more I read the more I realize Haas was right………"

Even if this stuff and the trailer aren't connected at all, this is still pretty weird.

M.O.T.H.
07-11-2007, 04:40 PM
They believe Ethan Haas is connected to a video game not this move. Alpha Omega or something like that.

As for rampage...it is possible. There were talks a while back that a movie was supposed to be made and wasnt there something about drinking some kind of drink to actually turn you into a monster in the video game?

ironman4579
07-11-2007, 04:44 PM
They believe Ethan Haas is connected to a video game not this move. Alpha Omega or something like that.

As for rampage...it is possible. There were talks a while back that a movie was supposed to be made and wasnt there something about drinking some kind of drink to actually turn you into a monster in the video game?

I'm almost positive the Haas stuff is not connected to this movie now. But still, weird.

M.O.T.H.
07-11-2007, 04:54 PM
I'm almost positive the Haas stuff is not connected to this movie now. But still, weird.

All this viral marketing is weird...I have to say though, the weirdest is Slusho...haha.

For people that have played Rampage isnt there something about a drink, that turns you into these monsters? I havent played in forever but, I swear that had something to do w/ it.

Boston
07-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Up to three simultaneous players control the monsters George (a King Kong-like gorilla), Lizzie (a Godzilla-like dinosaur/lizard), or Ralph (a giant werewolf), created from humans who were mutated by various methods. They need to destroy all buildings in a high-rise city to advance to the next city. On their way they can destroy helicopters, tanks, taxis, police cars, boats, and trolleys, as well as eat people.

I guess this would be alright. Alot better than Voltron or Power Rangers crap that was talked about. Though it be kind of weird taking Rampage characters seriously.

"Better living through chemistry"? Not for four employees at MegaVitamin Pharmaceuticals, who -- through a mixup in the company cafeteria -- ingested a contaminated sample of Megavitamins. Within 24 hours, Larry, George, Ralph, and Lizzie had transmorgrified into giant animals, wrecking havoc and major property damage throughout the United States. Worse, a rumor is now around that an unnamed lab technician can develop an antidote for the disease, but is hiding this information to extract extortion from the government...

M.O.T.H.
07-11-2007, 05:13 PM
I dont want it to be Rampage...I think it would still be pretty lame. Maybe not as lame as say Voltron, Power Rangers, or yet again another Godzilla...but, pretty lame.

Boston
07-11-2007, 05:19 PM
I think the trailer for this was released to early. All the hype will eventually die down with people getting annoyed at all the fake sites, lack of info, etc.

If it was released say December, it would give it about a month's worth of hype, and pure speculation, and it would still be fresh on people's minds by January.

M.O.T.H.
07-11-2007, 05:21 PM
I'm already getting annoyed...ha...I'm sure, it's gonna be a big let down. I'm sure it wont be something original but, one of the before mentioned guesses.

HoopsDemon12
07-11-2007, 05:26 PM
I'm already getting annoyed...ha...I'm sure, it's gonna be a big let down. I'm sure it wont be something original but, one of the before mentioned guesses.

ya im already kinda of annoyed with it.... but i have kinda put it on the shelf... basically i will get back into it on August 1st... and for those people who think its a video game.. that ethan hass stuff... maybe its a video game for the movie? jsut a thought

M.O.T.H.
07-11-2007, 06:05 PM
I dont think so...the domain names for the 1-18-08 and Slusho sites were bought a few days before the trailer debuted, where as that Ethan Haas website was purchased in early June. That Ethan Haas site has been around for quite a while...I dont think it's related.

What if this turns out to be a live action pokemon movie? hahaha. Giant growling creature...(Charazard)...Rob going to Japan...(home of the Pokemon)...Japanese Slusho site...(once again, home of the pokemon)...When you e-mail the Slusho site, it's sent to Satoshi...the first name of the creator of...Pokemon.

Oh snap...haha...I'm just playing. All that is true but, it would be such a stupid idea...lol.

Boston
07-11-2007, 06:09 PM
I dont think so...the domain names for the 1-18-08 and Slusho sites were bought a few days before the trailer debuted, where as that Ethan Haas website was purchased in early June. That Ethan Haas site has been around for quite a while...I dont think it's related.

What if this turns out to be a live action pokemon movie? hahaha. Giant growling creature...(Charazard)...Rob going to Japan...(home of the Pokemon)...Japanese Slusho site...(once again, home of the pokemon)...When you e-mail the Slusho site, it's sent to Satoshi...the first name of the creator of...Pokemon.

Oh snap...haha...I'm just playing. All that is true but, it would be such a stupid idea...lol.

A giant Ash, walking knee deep through the harbor, throws a pokeball, "I choose you, Charizard!"

M.O.T.H.
07-11-2007, 06:14 PM
A giant Ash, walking knee deep through the harbor, throws a pokeball, "I choose you, Charizard!"

That must be it...I think we figured it out.

HoopsDemon12
07-11-2007, 06:16 PM

HAHAHA if that was it... wow i would kill my self laughing man

elway777
07-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Right after the preview "Gotta Catch em all" plays.

PoopSandwich
07-12-2007, 12:23 PM
Right after the preview "Gotta Catch em all" plays.

LOL... If pokemon were kicking the **** out of the world, I think it would be worth seeing just because it would be a hilarious concept.

M.O.T.H.
07-12-2007, 05:51 PM
They a put a new picture up at www.1-18-08.com

DLS42
07-12-2007, 05:52 PM
More proof of the pokemon theory. in the new picture what is surrounding the girl? ASH. What surrounds ash? POKEMAN!

jackalope
07-12-2007, 09:34 PM
I can only get the first puzzle on ethanhaaswasright.com. I don't understand the 2nd.

M.O.T.H.
07-12-2007, 10:04 PM
I can only get the first puzzle on ethanhaaswasright.com. I don't understand the 2nd.

That site has nothing to do w/ the movie...

Flyboy
07-13-2007, 01:05 AM

I thought about that a couple of days ago. And laughed my ass off.

nfrillman
07-13-2007, 03:53 AM
Sounds like a Crossover-Cult film...

I love Donnie Darko and Boondock Saints, but they never cut into the mainstream or had me edgy to see the movie like this!

I've also come to the conclusion that ..

Voltron needs some new threads.. he looks like the power rangers "Mega zord"

Well, actually, I think the Power Ranger's Mega Zord looks like Voltron, not the other way around.

As for the Rampage theory, I would much rather have it be Voltron than that. I highly doubt either though, because Voltron is going to heavily utilize CGI and 30 mil won't cut it. If this movie is Rampage that is the most incredibly stupid movie idea. I can see the movie announcer guy know.

"The motion picture event we've all been waiting for, 'King Kong and Godzilla: Best Friends Forever.' Who knows what hilarious mishaps and destruction will happen when these two biggest bestest friends in the world go out for a night on the town."

Ewing
07-13-2007, 04:02 AM
You're all wrong the monster in the movie is...

http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/godzook2.jpg

1-18-08: Godzooky's Revenge

M.O.T.H.
07-13-2007, 05:47 AM
http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/07/13/fake-cloverfield-websites-exposed-abz3293com-and-parasitemoviecom/

Just some info on fake sites...most people knew these were fake anyway. Just in case you didnt know though.

elway777
07-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Perhaps it could be Puff the Magic Dragon?

HoopsDemon12
07-13-2007, 01:47 PM
Perhaps it could be Puff the Magic Dragon?

haha im sorry but that would make my day

KBear
07-13-2007, 04:26 PM

Those symbols form an alphabet. If you put your mouse over the star on the far right you will see all 26 symbols. The first one is A, the second B, and so on. From there just figure out what 4 letter word is the key, then align the symbols so that they spell it out.

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
07-18-2007, 01:08 PM
Someone claims to have hacked onto the Slusho and 1-18 site and have come up with a picture of the creature:
http://icydk.com/2007/07/17/more-1-18-08-info/

I don't know if I really believe that. Photo looks like it has gone through photoshop a few times.

Also if you click on the link below it, it has some more info from FX Specialist Ken Tarallo. He claims the title of the movie will be announced at Comic Con and the film begins from the end.
“The film starts with a rescue crew cleaning up after the entire incident, and one of them finds a camera. They rewind the tape, press play… and the playback is the movie that unfolds.”

HoopsDemon12
07-18-2007, 01:12 PM
Someone claims to have hacked onto the Slusho and 1-18 site and have come up with a picture of the creature:
http://icydk.com/2007/07/17/more-1-18-08-info/

I don't know if I really believe that. Photo looks like it has gone through photoshop a few times.

Also if you click on the link below it, it has some more info from FX Specialist Ken Tarallo. He claims the title of the movie will be announced at Comic Con and the film begins from the end.
“The film starts with a rescue crew cleaning up after the entire incident, and one of them finds a camera. They rewind the tape, press play… and the playback is the movie that unfolds.”

that would be a pretty sweet way to start a movie i think... but man i think thats a fake picture... to me the creature sounds as if it would be bigger and a little more menacing... that doesnt look like the roar could come from it

M.O.T.H.
07-18-2007, 01:24 PM
According to another source...it's a giant alien destroying the city and a great deal of the movie was shot at Coney Island...

Cashmoney
07-18-2007, 03:16 PM
that picture just looks like a bird to me.

Go_Eagles77
07-18-2007, 03:27 PM
Looks like a dragon, and that thing could definitely be a a lot bigger than it looks in that picture if its flying high up, but still, I doubt its real.

HoopsDemon12
07-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Looks like a dragon, and that thing could definitely be a a lot bigger than it looks in that picture if its flying high up, but still, I doubt its real.

im sorry but a dragon movie would suck so bad.....

Brent
07-18-2007, 04:01 PM
my guess:
http://raznoservice.ru/img/ike.gif

Go_Eagles77
07-18-2007, 04:04 PM
im sorry but a dragon movie would suck so bad.....

Yeah I'd like something a lot more original.

HoopsDemon12
07-18-2007, 04:05 PM
my guess:
http://raznoservice.ru/img/ike.gif

its the canadians... we were finally fed up of people thinking we always say eh... so we came to cause hell!! .... its a giant mike myers....

Stash
07-18-2007, 04:38 PM
The picture of that flying thing is totally fake. There is no way something that small could toss the head of the statue of liberty.

Aftermath
07-18-2007, 05:38 PM
The picture of that flying thing is totally fake. There is no way something that small could toss the head of the statue of liberty.

Maybe its the baby of the real thing.

FlutiesDropKick
07-18-2007, 05:41 PM
there was something in one of the links or that someone posted mentioning Coney Island search on google so that has some connection maybe?

Also what gave the main connection to the Ethan Haas thing in the first place? I was waiting for someone to start going through the scripts of "The Class" trying to find his character telling prophecies or something

FlutiesDropKick
07-18-2007, 05:45 PM
Entertainment Reporter Kirk Montgomery learned exclusively on Friday from a secret source, who is on the set of the film every day, that it is not a sequel or a remake (which precludes King Kong or Godzilla). It is not Voltron or "Lost"-related

The source says 50 percent of the $30 million budget for the film is devoted to special effects.

The official Web site is www.1-18-08.com, but the source tells Kirk that apparently a Japanese-style Web site, www.slusho.jp, has lots of clues yet undiscovered by the rabid fans who have been scouring the Internet for hints.

The source told Kirk the biggest clue of the trailer is in the line: "I saw it, it's alive, it's huge."

The source also says the sound the "creature" makes is another big clue. He says the creature is an organic, living thing.

http://www.9news.com/life/entertainment/article.aspx?storyid=73653

i think its all been covered already but its some interesting stuff

Abrams also said that there were other sites that had not been widely discovered with clues for the movie

nobodyinparticular
07-18-2007, 06:16 PM
It's Cthulhu.

Wiki it.

Brent
07-18-2007, 06:43 PM
It's Cthulhu.
That'd be sweet but I doubt it's Kutulu.

Brent
07-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Chupacabre?

Cashmoney
07-18-2007, 07:10 PM
Chupacabre?

thats a joke right?

Brent
07-18-2007, 07:53 PM
thats a joke right?
Yes, it is.

BamaFalcon59
07-18-2007, 08:27 PM

Lmao. Damn, that got me laughing.

BufFan71
07-18-2007, 08:35 PM
the Cthulhu would be cool

http://www.summeroflovecraft.com/images/cthulhu-6.jpg

Brent
07-18-2007, 08:36 PM
You know what is going to happen? TROGDOR!!!
http://blog.erdener.org/archives/images/20041012-trogdor.jpg

Beans
07-18-2007, 10:21 PM
You know what is going to happen? TROGDOR!!!
http://blog.erdener.org/archives/images/20041012-trogdor.jpg

of course! it's so obvious!

M.O.T.H.
07-19-2007, 11:29 AM
New evidence?

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v132/steventhebigdog/?action=view&current=71ad1abf.flv (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v132/steventhebigdog/?action=view&current=71ad1abf.flv)

HoopsDemon12
07-19-2007, 11:34 AM
New evidence?

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v132/steventhebigdog/?action=view&current=71ad1abf.flv (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v132/steventhebigdog/?action=view&current=71ad1abf.flv)

ya thats gota be it...... A-Hole......

M.O.T.H.
07-19-2007, 11:35 AM
ya thats gota be it...... A-Hole......

lol...these things are everywhere. :):):)

sorry, couldnt resist.

M.O.T.H.
07-19-2007, 11:48 AM
http://www.cloverfield-movie.com/blog/?p=42

New on set photos...atleast, that's what people are claiming.

HoopsDemon12
07-19-2007, 11:50 AM
http://www.cloverfield-movie.com/blog/?p=42

New on set photos...atleast, that's what people are claiming.

can i actaully look at those ones...before i go to the washroom? or shouldd i come back later haha

M.O.T.H.
07-19-2007, 11:58 AM
can i actaully look at those ones...before i go to the washroom? or shouldd i come back later haha

This one isnt a joke....:)

Donno
07-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Ron Artest? New York did want him.

Donno
07-19-2007, 05:43 PM
This dude has a great point read his part where it says movies and shows, it looks like he has an idea. They really need to make sick Apocolypse movies.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaBombDuke69

Stash
07-19-2007, 05:57 PM
This dude has a great point read his part where it says movies and shows, it looks like he has an idea. They really need to make sick Apocolypse movies.

Yeah, that is a pretty good theory.

M.O.T.H.
07-21-2007, 12:09 AM
New picture is up at 1-18-08.com

nobodyinparticular
07-21-2007, 03:01 AM

Wow... That's some seriously awesome deduction there. Good stuff. I kind of hope he's right instead of it being Cthulhu.

Flyboy
07-21-2007, 03:14 AM
I'm getting WAR OF THE WORLDS (REMIX) vibes.

M.O.T.H.
07-23-2007, 05:57 PM
New stuff...

behind the scenes video and possible title.

http://www.cinematical.com/2007/07/23/behind-the-scenes-cloverfield-footage-and-possible-title/

Just click on the links given.

Canadian_kid16
07-24-2007, 08:11 AM
I was wondering aobut this since I saw the movie, it'll definately be a movie I wanna go see

and MOTH, you are an A-Hole :)

bsaza2358
07-24-2007, 08:37 AM
I heard it was some sort of dragon movie. No link, but a hunch worth maybe discussing. Lots of fire, big roar. Could make sense.

M.O.T.H.
07-24-2007, 11:55 AM
I was wondering aobut this since I saw the movie, it'll definately be a movie I wanna go see

haha, i got two people w/ that one. :)

the last post i had was some real new stuff though.

M.O.T.H.
07-24-2007, 12:18 PM
So, apparently Paramount has bought the rights to the domain name...TheMonstrousMovie.com.

Perhaps, the movie really will be called Monstrous.

BuckNaked
07-24-2007, 12:34 PM
I'd love a Trogdor movie. I just played that song in Guitar Hero a couple days ago.

HoopsDemon12
07-24-2007, 01:38 PM

haah i like your wording:D

ya he got me to

Brent
07-24-2007, 01:51 PM
I bet it's a remake of this:
http://www.new-video.de/co/mygiant.jpg

Boston
07-24-2007, 02:24 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2c/Norbert.jpg

I found the monster. It's so obvious now.

Go_Eagles77
07-24-2007, 02:56 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2c/Norbert.jpg

I found the monster. It's so obvious now.

Wow that's amazing, it's a Harry Potter spin-off, i never would have guessed that

M.O.T.H.
07-26-2007, 12:14 AM
so, tomorrow the title may be revealed.

bsaza2358
07-26-2007, 08:34 AM
I heard August 1, there will be an official trailer.

M.O.T.H.
07-26-2007, 03:58 PM
I heard August 1, there will be an official trailer.

I dont know about that... I heard we'll see a trailer for that Alpha Omega game on August 1st...linked to Ethan Haas.

M.O.T.H.
07-26-2007, 04:45 PM
J.J. Abrams spoke at Comic Con today...he confirmed that it is a new monster and they are almost done shooting. They also released an offcial teaser poster (below)... he said, they will not be releasing the name at this time...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/brickman08865/1_18_08.jpg

bsaza2358
07-26-2007, 04:58 PM
Looks like some sort of monster that can exist on land and in the water. Awesome freakin' poster...

Paul
07-26-2007, 05:01 PM
The poster doesn't look that great, even a teaser poster. Wouldn't get me excited.

bsaza2358
07-26-2007, 05:02 PM
If you've seen the trailer, you'd get more excited about the poster and the movie.

Paul
07-26-2007, 05:05 PM
If you've seen the trailer, you'd get more excited about the poster and the movie.

Of I've seen the trailer, of course, unless you've been hibernating the past couple months, you've seen the trailer. And it was EPIC. But the poster is just....epicless.

bsaza2358
07-26-2007, 05:07 PM
It's a teaser poster. I like the little clues that they're offering. I'm really interested in the real trailer (due out Wednesday). That will be fantastic.

M.O.T.H.
07-26-2007, 05:29 PM
It's a teaser poster. I like the little clues that they're offering. I'm really interested in the real trailer (due out Wednesday). That will be fantastic.

Where did you hear that?

bsaza2358
07-26-2007, 05:35 PM
Looking back at my sources, I think you were right. It's the Ethan Hass trailer for the video game. My bad.

Go_Eagles77
07-26-2007, 06:32 PM
That looks a lot like the poster that was in that 1 link, but this time is doesn't say "Monstrous", maybe that is the title?

M.O.T.H.
07-26-2007, 06:37 PM
That looks a lot like the poster that was in that 1 link, but this time is doesn't say "Monstrous", maybe that is the title?

He commented on that the today as well...making some joke about it. "What did you think we were gonna call it? Monstrous?...no." Don't really know what the deal is w/ that yet.

M.O.T.H.
07-26-2007, 06:38 PM
The lights go out and the trailer for Cloverfield which appeared in-front of Transformers plays on screen.
JJ Abrams is brought up to the stage wearing an INFOCOM t-shirt. He says he wanted a monster movie for so long. He went to Japan and his son was looking at Godzilla toys and he thought, ‘We need a monster movie.’ But we need something insane and intense. He says its shooting and he’s watched dailies and its better than the trailer. In the next six months we will get the real poster, the real trailer, real photos. He said “You think we’d call it Monstrous? No” He walks off stage and the Cloverfield teaser poster rolls down from the backdrop. The crowd goes wild. JJ Abrams didn’t really reveal anything. Very disappointing.

from slashfilm.com (they have audio at that site of the event.)

Cashmoney
07-26-2007, 07:17 PM
he said that this is gonna be like to america what godzilla is for japan. so we can expect tons of terrible sequels and a horrible japanese version.

Paul
07-26-2007, 07:24 PM
This better not be like War of Words with those lame monsters/aliens. Now that was disappointing.

SuperMcGee
07-26-2007, 11:24 PM
This site implies that the name of the movie will be "Colossus"

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33457

Cashmoney
07-27-2007, 01:38 AM
colossus is actually cool with me, even though its probably because he was one of my favorite x-men

Boston
07-27-2007, 01:58 AM
colossus is actually cool with me, even though its probably because he was one of my favorite x-men

How would that work?

M.O.T.H.
07-27-2007, 10:36 PM
New pic up at 1-18-08...this is gonna be a weekly thing if you didnt know.

Anyway...it's a bunch of people cheesing.

M.O.T.H.
07-27-2007, 10:43 PM
I was just reading some things and apparently a lot people didnt know this. Anyway, if you click and hold the pictures for a little and than move your mouse...they flip over and have little notes on them. I thought this was already known but, I guess a lot of people didnt know that. Just a heads up if you didnt know.

M.O.T.H.
07-27-2007, 10:48 PM
Last thing...that slusho site has been updated...i didnt know this...weird stuff.

Tampa 2 4 life
07-27-2007, 11:55 PM
Last thing...that slusho site has been updated...i didnt know this...weird stuff.

Yeah, on one of the "Happy Talks" it says "Slusho is People!!!".

No idea what to make from that.

M.O.T.H.
07-28-2007, 01:16 AM
Another thing...all the characters have myspace's now. I'd say they're legit...they have to be...all their pictures are of them partying w/ eachother or just hanging out. Those arent pics you could just get off of google.

HoopsDemon12
07-28-2007, 03:58 PM
Man i saw the trailer in theaters last night... i am pumped all over again.. its amazing looking like holy crap... wow this is being really.. well planned out.. i just really hope they didnt start this all too early

BamaFalcon59
07-28-2007, 04:05 PM
Looks like it came out of the water due to the current. Either it's freaking huge or it has like a kamehamahah (sp haha?).

It's DBZ!!! Goku actually did this by turning into a monkey (forgot the name), or someone shot a blast behind him. That'd be kickass. I can't tell if I'm being serious on the kickass part.