Johnny Estrada
Curt Schilling

Team B gets:

Lance Berkman
Manny Ramirez
Troy Glaus
Kenji Johjima
Roy Halladay

Both teams filled needed holes. Seemed fair enough where no trade protest was warranted. Which team won and do you think it was a fair trade?

princefielder28
07-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Team B and it's not even close. Roy Halladay is one of the best pitchers in baseball, Berkman has been banged up but when he's healthy he's a very good hitter, Manny had a bad first half but he's going to hit his home runs and drive in runs, Kenji is a nice option as a catcher but his offensive numbers may be down compared to Estrada, and Glaus has power but is battling injuries.

ARod is on the other side but he's not going to pitched to as much in the 2nd half b/c the rest of the Yankees order is terrible. Delgado is decent but he doesn't seem to be the Carlos of old. Cuddyer doesn't do much for you. Estrada has good offensive numbers but his playing time may go down due to Damian Miller's hot streak that he has going, and Curt Schilling should hang em up if he ever gets healthy.

Ravens1991
07-09-2007, 04:37 PM
team B.....

nvot9
07-09-2007, 04:52 PM
From a purely fantasy standpoint, I think it's probably too close to tell, but honestly, if I had to choose, I would go with team A getting the better half. I mean you gotta think about it, sure, team B's getting some awesome players, but they're all playing like **** right now. Now, if you wanna use some hope, you might be able to make the case that they have potential to really bloom in the second half and do some big things as they have proven to do before, but Berkman, Glaus, and Manny are getting older, so you don't know that they'll have the stamina to bust out of this apparent year long slump they're in. You get Halladay, who's clearly more valuable than the Curt Schilling on the DL, but again, he's in his own right he's playing like **** also, and is almost just as good as being on the DL.

Whereas, team A is getting some clear cut talent. I mean A-Rod is CLEARLY, no doubt in my or anyone's mind, the best fantasy player in the league and is showing no signs of letting up (I'm a Mets fan mind you), and Cuddyer is also putting up some really impressive numbers, you might be able to get 100 runs AND 100 RBI's out of him this year. And I'll take Estrada's hitting this year over Jojhima's any day of the week, Estrada's been one of the better hitting catchers the whole year. And then you also get Delgado, who's not been great, and even at times terrible, but as a Mets fan, watching him day in and day out, you can obviously see he's getting it together, putting up some huge numbers lately and really being the guy to carry them the last few games. He's really getting his swing back, I'd say he has more of a shot of bouncing back the second half then ANY of the guys team B gets.

I think A's getting a really solid benefit from this trade actually.

Scorch
07-09-2007, 06:22 PM
I dont know why people keep acting like Berkman is 40. He is 31. Berkman hit like .310 last year with 48 homers and like 130 RBIs. Team B got the better deal, but it was close.

And to say that Berkman doesn't have it in him, and Delgado does, that's just straight up homerism.

Xiomera
07-09-2007, 06:23 PM
team B.....

Yep, and it really isn't close at all. Team B gets the three best players in the trade.

D-Unit
07-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Yep, and it really isn't close at all. Team B gets the three best players in the trade.
Don't believe Xio... He doesn't know much about Fantasy Baseball.

Borat
07-09-2007, 06:49 PM

Don't believe Xio... He doesn't know much about Fantasy Baseball.

Ha. Yeah, I think Arod is the best player in the trade, but I think what he meant was that there were 3 players going the other way for Arod that were much better than 3 that went to team A.

I see it as Team B gets better with 3 guys, Team A with only 1 and the catchers are a wash.

nvot9
07-10-2007, 07:21 AM
I really, whole-heartedly think Team A wins this deal. I mean you are getting CONCRETE points from them, A-Rod and Cuddyer area ALREADY having career years and show no signs of letting up, you're getting big points from them, you're just ASSUMING that the team B players break out.

Granted, I'm assuming Team A players stay on track as well, but it's not to the same extent, it's not as large of a stretch or as large of an assumption.