PDA

View Full Version : Moses' Mock Draft (Dec. 18, 2006)

Moses
12-18-2006, 03:38 PM
Moses' Mock Draft
December 18, 2006

1. Detroit Lions :: Brady Quinn - Quarterback - Senior - Notre Dame

2. Oakland Raiders :: Calvin Johnson - Wide Receiver - Junior - Georgia Tech

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers :: Gaines Adams - Defensive End - Senior - Clemson

4. Houston Texans :: Joe Thomas - Offensive Tackle - Senior - Wisconsin

5. Arizona Cardinals :: Leon Hall - Cornerback - Senior - Michigan

6. Cleveland Browns :: Adrian Peterson - Runningback - Junior - Oklahoma

7. Washington Redskins :: Alan Branch - Defensive Tackle - Junior - Michigan

8. Minnesota Vikings :: Dwayne Jarrett - Wide Receiver - Junior - USC

9. Green Bay Packers :: Marshawn Lynch - Runningback - Junior - California

10. St. Louis Rams :: LaRon Landry - Safety - Senior - L.S.U.

11. Miami Dolphins :: Marcus McCauley - Cornerback - Senior - Fresno St.

12. Carolina Panthers :: JaMarcus Russell - Quarterback - Junior - L.S.U.

13. San Francisco 49ers :: Darrelle Revis - Cornerback - Junior - Pittsburgh

14. Buffalo Bills :: Patrick Willis - Linebacker - Senior - Ole Miss

16. Kansas City Chiefs :: Ted Ginn Jr. - Wide Receiver - Junior - Ohio St.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers :: LaMarr Woodley - Defensive End/Outside Linebacker - Senior - Michigan

18. New York Giants :: Amobi Okoye - Defensive Tackle - Senior - Louisville

19. Atlanta Falcons :: Reggie Nelson - Safety - Junior - Florida

20. Denver Broncos :: Johnnie Lee Higgins - Wide Receiver - Senior - U.T.E.P.

21. Philadelphia Eagles :: Paul Posluszny - Linebacker - Senior - Penn St.

22. New York Jets :: Victor Abiamiri - Defensive End/Outside Linebacker - Senior - Notre Dame

23. Jacksonville Jaguars :: Michael Griffin - Safety - Senior - Texas

24. Cincinnati Bengals :: Quinn Pitcock - Defensive Tackle - Senior - Ohio St.

25. New England Patriots :: Quentin Moses - Defensive End/Outside Linebacker - Senior - Georgia

26. Dallas Cowboys :: Levi Brown - Offensive Tackle - Senior - Penn St.

27. New Orleans Saints :: Antoine Cason - Cornerback - Junior - Arizona

28. New England Patriots :: Aaron Ross - Cornerback - Senior - Texas

29. Baltimore Ravens :: Justin Blalock - Offensive Guard/Tackle - Senior - Texas

30. Indianapolis Colts :: DeMarcus Tyler - Defensive Tackle - Senior - North Carolina St.

31. Chicago Bears :: Troy Smith - Quarterback - Senior - Ohio St.

32. San Diego Chargers :: Jeff Samardzija - Wide Receiver - Senior - Notre Dame

12-18-2006, 03:39 PM
Wow that would be a very bad situation to be in for the Cardinals and I hope we would trade down but that is the best pick in the situation I guess, Landry might be just as good though. The Colts pick is good as well. Nice job on this mock Moses.

packerpro42
12-18-2006, 03:52 PM
Is that the current order? Just wondering.

Jensen
12-18-2006, 04:25 PM
If the Cards were at 5 and Thomas was taken before, hopefully they would trade down, but if not Hall or Landry works.

draftguru151
12-18-2006, 04:27 PM
McCauley has not played well enough this year to be picked that high.

Titans_Dynasty85
12-18-2006, 04:40 PM
Where are the Tennessee Titans!?!?!?!

indyfan1985
12-18-2006, 04:42 PM
Bad Colts pick. They would go with LaMarr Woodley or Amobi Okoye over Tank Tyler anyday. And you forgot to put a team in the draft, the Tennessee Titans. They would go with Tedd Ginn Jr. or LaRon Landry.

Gridiron
12-18-2006, 04:43 PM
OLB is becoming less and less of a need. We'd take Brown or Blalock there, maybe Tyler.

Moses
12-18-2006, 05:03 PM
Where are the Tennessee Titans!?!?!?!

Wow. :shock: No idea how I manged to do that but it pretty much ruins the entire draft.

Moses
12-18-2006, 05:03 PM
OLB is becoming less and less of a need. We'd take Brown or Blalock there, maybe Tyler.

Bryan Thomas is a free agent and the Jets don't have a true edge rusher for their 3-4.

Moses
12-18-2006, 05:05 PM
Bad Colts pick. They would go with LaMarr Woodley or Amobi Okoye over Tank Tyler anyday. And you forgot to put a team in the draft, the Tennessee Titans. They would go with Tedd Ginn Jr. or LaRon Landry.

:evil: I hate comments like this. Look at the draft. Is LaMarr Woodler or Amobi Okoye available at the Colts pick? No. So don't suggest them as picks.

JustJoe2k5
12-18-2006, 05:05 PM
I like the potential of JaMarcus Russell, but I would much rather see that Panthers use their first-round pick on a player who can help immediately. Either a left tackle to solidify our offensive line or a safety to take over for Mike Minter or Shaun Williams.

I think we could find someone like Kevin Kolb later in the draft that could develop at the same rate as Russell and help us just as quickly.

Moses
12-18-2006, 05:06 PM

I think he'll have a huge off-season and be picked very high. If he runs sub 4.4 at his size scouts are going to drool over him. I can't see him being lower than the 3rd corner selected if he runs sub 4.4.

Moses
12-18-2006, 05:08 PM
I like the potential of JaMarcus Russell, but I would much rather see that Panthers use their first-round pick on a player who can help immediately. Either a left tackle to solidify our offensive line or a safety to take over for Mike Minter or Shaun Williams.

I think we could find someone like Kevin Kolb later in the draft that could develop at the same rate as Russell and help us just as quickly.

Panthers aren't going to win with Delhomme or Weinke though, that's the thing. They need either a free-agent QB or somebody in the draft to groom to become the franchise quarterback. No amount of offensive line help or defensive help will fix the gaping hole at quarterback.

draftguru151
12-18-2006, 05:10 PM

I think he'll have a huge off-season and be picked very high. If he runs sub 4.4 at his size scouts are going to drool over him. I can't see him being lower than the 3rd corner selected if he runs sub 4.4.

He might be the 3rd CB taken, but you have him as the 2nd.

JustJoe2k5
12-18-2006, 05:12 PM

Panthers aren't going to win with Delhomme or Weinke though, that's the thing. They need either a free-agent QB or somebody in the draft to groom to become the franchise quarterback. No amount of offensive line help or defensive help will fix the gaping hole at quarterback.

I think the offensive line is a large part of the problem, atleast with Delhomme. He is under FAR too much pressure too often when he drops back to pass, he hardly has time to look for anyone but Steve Smith. And anyone we pick in the draft would likely sit a year anyway, so I think it would make much more sense to use our first-round pick on someone who will help immediately and then find a quarterback to develop for a year in the second or third round. Our coaches and front office are far too loyal to give up on Delhomme after one bad season.

Moses
12-18-2006, 05:26 PM

He might be the 3rd CB taken, but you have him as the 2nd.

I could definitely see it happening. It's hard to ignore measurables like he has (see Antonio Cromartie).

diabsoule
12-18-2006, 05:30 PM
While the Saints CB's need to be addressed, I'm kind of iffy on Cason. I think I'd rather see us take Josh Wilson as I see he is the better CB.

Gridiron
12-18-2006, 05:31 PM

Bryan Thomas is a free agent and the Jets don't have a true edge rusher for their 3-4.

A. We re-signed Thomas to a huge 5-year deal, $25 million.
B. Victor Hobson has been EXTREMELY productive, possibly the Jets defensive MVP this season.

We'll definitely draft an edge rusher, but it won't be in round 1. Maybe round 2 or 3 to get a situational kind of guy, but definitely not in round 1 anymore (unless the Jets let Hobson walk, which I doubt).

San Diego Chicken
12-18-2006, 06:21 PM
The Chargers do not need another 6'5'' reciever, they need a speed reciever. It sees like every mock is giving the Chargers Samardzija or Rice, when it should be Higgins or Ginn, or a safety or inside LB. The Chargers already have two young tall posession recievers. A third just takes away from everyone's collective playing time. They're so desperate for speed in the WR ranks and return game that they signed Az Hakim last week.

nshelat1
12-18-2006, 06:25 PM
While the Saints CB's need to be addressed, I'm kind of iffy on Cason. I think I'd rather see us take Josh Wilson as I see he is the better CB.

Going to agree here. Lots of people will torch that pick simply on Wilson's size but in my opinion, hes the best cover corner in the draft and a level-headed clone of Pacman jones. A playmaker in the secondary needs to be adressed primarily, as at their pick, they will have slim pickings at an interior linebacker, both (HB Blades and Buster Davis) of whom IMHO are too much of a liability in coverage to excell in NO's system.

GaMeTiMe
12-18-2006, 06:35 PM
NO POSLUZNY! :evil:

Especially with a safety on the board.

McCoy + Gocong + Gaither does NOT equal yet another young OLB added to the equation for next year. We need a solid free agent pickup to start so that we can use Gocong and Gaither at the other position and McCoy soley on special teams, but there's no use adding another young, inexperienced and unproven outside linebacker to what we have right now.

I can understand you guys being confused if the top three safeties are off the board, but when one of them are still left I think it's pretty obvious that he should belong to us.

njx9
12-18-2006, 06:43 PM
pretty much any of the DL/OT left at denver's pick would be better (and fill a bigger need) than taking a WR. with marshall developing (and showing a clear rapport with cutler), i doubt (and hope) that we don't waste time with any first round receiver whose initials aren't CJ.

King Rhabuf
12-18-2006, 07:01 PM
Silly Moses :lol:

Texans take Peterson

Browns take Branch

Panthers take Willis

Bills draft a CB

Bears dont draft Smith hahah

Marion Barber III 24
12-18-2006, 07:01 PM
Man I'd be heated if Okoye went to NY! :D

SFbear
12-19-2006, 01:16 AM

Aint gonna happen. If we take a QB itll be in the later rounds to replace Orton.

nshelat1
12-19-2006, 09:17 AM

Aint gonna happen. If we take a QB itll be in the later rounds to replace Orton.

Orton eh?

12-19-2006, 04:46 PM
ummm Jamarcus Russell is also in your "second round" , not sure how a guy could get drafted twice...you might wanna look into that.

Also the Vikings are NOT going to pick a WR in the first round.

Tavarius Jackson will start the rest of the year, if he suceeds at all...he'll be the starter next year with Bollinger as our backup. Which means if we don't go after a QB through F/A (Matt Schaub likely an option) Brad
Johnson has feet out the door and is just awaiting his last paycheck to leave Winter Park. So I'm sure we'll bring in another QB next year. Just
not sure how it may come.

I'd love for us to take "Puz" or Pat Willis and solidify the ILB spot for years instead of rellying on the inconsistent Nap Harris or moving Leber out of position.

If we don't go QB and don't go D we'll take a lineman. Blaylock would be a huge huge upgrade over the mess at RG we have. Honestly a major reason we suck so much offensivly is the horrid play of the right side of the line. Matt Cook was put in 2 weeks ago and looks like a rookie. He's slow doesn't move his feet at all and I don't know if he'll ever be good enough to play there. Artis Hicks is garbage and somehow Marcus Johnson is worse. I have no idea why Mike Roesenthal has a job in this league and this position absolutely needs to eb addressed day 1.

Vikings NEED list in order.

1-Right Side Guard
2-Right Side Tackle
3-Interior Linebacker to play in our Tampa 2 (need athletism)
4-Free Safety - Sharper ain't gonna play forever and he's been lost
in this new scheme...he doesn't support the run , nor is he fast enough to keep up with burner WR's from other teams.
5-QB - even if it's to fill a slot. We have 2 and need 1 with pin point accuracy. Poise and is a good decision maker. Mobility a plus , not a requirement. Arm strength a must.
6- Small, quick , and elusive WR's WHO CAN CATCH . and make plays after they catch the ball. We have enough possesion WR's and WR's who drop easy passes.
7-Premier RB - Taylor / M.Moore / and Pinner are nice scatter backs but not one of them is a Brian Westbrook style player. That's the offense we run and until we get a player of his caliber, we're going to struggle in this position.

This list should be good enough for now, and feel free to use it for reference when making your mocks. I realize that most of you aren't watching this putrid form of football even if you have the ticket.
I'll do the scouting for the purple for everyone here and make it easy.

akvikefan89
12-26-2006, 12:21 AM
ummm Jamarcus Russell is also in your "second round" , not sure how a guy could get drafted twice...you might wanna look into that.

Also the Vikings are NOT going to pick a WR in the first round.

Tavarius Jackson will start the rest of the year, if he suceeds at all...he'll be the starter next year with Bollinger as our backup. Which means if we don't go after a QB through F/A (Matt Schaub likely an option) Brad
Johnson has feet out the door and is just awaiting his last paycheck to leave Winter Park. So I'm sure we'll bring in another QB next year. Just
not sure how it may come.

I'd love for us to take "Puz" or Pat Willis and solidify the ILB spot for years instead of rellying on the inconsistent Nap Harris or moving Leber out of position.

If we don't go QB and don't go D we'll take a lineman. Blaylock would be a huge huge upgrade over the mess at RG we have. Honestly a major reason we suck so much offensivly is the horrid play of the right side of the line. Matt Cook was put in 2 weeks ago and looks like a rookie. He's slow doesn't move his feet at all and I don't know if he'll ever be good enough to play there. Artis Hicks is garbage and somehow Marcus Johnson is worse. I have no idea why Mike Roesenthal has a job in this league and this position absolutely needs to eb addressed day 1.

Vikings NEED list in order.

1-Right Side Guard
2-Right Side Tackle
3-Interior Linebacker to play in our Tampa 2 (need athletism)
4-Free Safety - Sharper ain't gonna play forever and he's been lost
in this new scheme...he doesn't support the run , nor is he fast enough to keep up with burner WR's from other teams.
5-QB - even if it's to fill a slot. We have 2 and need 1 with pin point accuracy. Poise and is a good decision maker. Mobility a plus , not a requirement. Arm strength a must.
6- Small, quick , and elusive WR's WHO CAN CATCH . and make plays after they catch the ball. We have enough possesion WR's and WR's who drop easy passes.
7-Premier RB - Taylor / M.Moore / and Pinner are nice scatter backs but not one of them is a Brian Westbrook style player. That's the offense we run and until we get a player of his caliber, we're going to struggle in this position.

This list should be good enough for now, and feel free to use it for reference when making your mocks. I realize that most of you aren't watching this putrid form of football even if you have the ticket.
I'll do the scouting for the purple for everyone here and make it easy.

1. If Childress goes with someone other than Jackson it won't be Shaub. The Falcons don't want to let Shaub go, he'll cost a lot. Vikes will go with Jackson or a vet FA.

2. If we move any Linebacker to the middle it will be EJ Henderson. He has played MLB before and has said he feels it's his natural position, then we'd put Greenway at his natural WLB position. That is definitely the most likely scenario.

3. Childress loves Taylor and his style of play, he's not going to get replaced any time soon...

4. On the needs list you have to bump up WR. The Vikings WR's are terrible...

12-26-2006, 02:19 AM
Now that Marcus Robinson is gonna get cut, I have to break down and agree that WR is a position that must be addressed somewhere.

I wouldn't be suprised if we traded for a vet on on draft day...or at the worst case scenario, after June cuts are made.

Suddenly there seems to be more holes in this Viking ship than I would like to admit to.

thule
12-26-2006, 03:12 AM
Where do you see Brown playing in Dallas. Inside/Outside...?