PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys think the Giants will do?

NYGIANTSFAN_UK
07-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Just wondering what you guys think?

bearfan
07-11-2007, 10:28 AM
I personally doubt they make the playoffs. Losing Tiki will turn out to be a huge blow as you guys watch Eli struggle to take the next step. I like Jacobs, and I hear that Bradshaw is doing good, but the rushing attack will not be anywhere near what it was last year. I dont know much defensively, I know the 2ndary wasnt so hot last year, but I dont think a rookie will step in and make it to much better this year

PalmerToCJ
07-11-2007, 10:39 AM
IMO won't make the playoffs, losing Tiki is gonna hurt... He did so much for that offense.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
07-11-2007, 10:46 AM
I don't think playoffs. The Tiki loss kills, as it does anytime u lose a player of that caliber. As for final record i'm not really sure, but i don't think that their schedule is that tough. Thats a competitive division and they play the NFC North this year, which isn't the strongest, so i guess anything can happen

Moses
07-11-2007, 10:57 AM
They barely made it last year and they took a step backwards. I can't see them coming close.

princefielder28
07-11-2007, 11:07 AM
1. Philadelphia Eagles
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. Washington Redskins
4. New York Giants

The reason I put the Redskins ahead is b/c the Skins showed some bright spots at the end of last season and Jason Campbell is now the man and he could be a very good player in this league. The defense is still a bit shaky, but they have alot of weapons on offense to have some success. The Giants still have tom Coughlin as a coach, and he's a ticking time bomb. Eli has not progressed enough throughout his short career, Tiki Barber is gone, amd their offensive line is shaky. They have a pretty good defensive line, but their linebackers are average at best, and their secondary was one of the worst in the NFL last season. This team will be picking in the Top 10 in next year's draft. Sorry New York!

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
07-11-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm one of the few who think they'll do well. Certainly, they struggled last year, but only after being absolutely DECIMATED by injuries. If they can stay healthy, I think Jacobs can average a healthy 4 yards per carry, and I still have faith in Eli.

Moses
07-11-2007, 11:18 AM
I'm one of the few who think they'll do well. Certainly, they struggled last year, but only after being absolutely DECIMATED by injuries. If they can stay healthy, I think Jacobs can average a healthy 4 yards per carry, and I still have faith in Eli.

Even if Eli and Jacobs play great, there are still more questions than answers.

BrownsTown
07-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Eli is the cornerstone. For them to have any shot, he needs to start looking a helluva lot more like his brother.

Jughead10
07-11-2007, 11:43 AM
1. Philadelphia Eagles
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. Washington Redskins
4. New York Giants

The reason I put the Redskins ahead is b/c the Skins showed some bright spots at the end of last season and Jason Campbell is now the man and he could be a very good player in this league. The defense is still a bit shaky, but they have alot of weapons on offense to have some success. The Giants still have tom Coughlin as a coach, and he's a ticking time bomb. Eli has not progressed enough throughout his short career, Tiki Barber is gone, amd their offensive line is shaky. They have a pretty good defensive line, but their linebackers are average at best, and their secondary was one of the worst in the NFL last season. This team will be picking in the Top 10 in next year's draft. Sorry New York!

I'd put the Giants third. When did the Skins show bright spots? When Tiki ran for over 230 against them the last game of the season?

neko4
07-11-2007, 11:46 AM
I'd put the Giants third. When did the Skins show bright spots? When Tiki ran for over 230 against them the last game of the season?

When Ladell put up a 1,000
And despite what Tiki did, Campbell had a 96 qb rating that game. plus the skins added more in the offseason

Jughead10
07-11-2007, 11:48 AM
When Ladell put up a 1,000
And despite what Tiki did, Campbell had a 96 qb rating that game. plus the skins added more in the offseason

Added more what? Overpriced crap they bring in year after year and never get any better with?

throwback54milkman
07-11-2007, 12:02 PM
They would have been a strong team if not for this....
http://blogs.brilliantbutcancelled.com/newswire/20070212_tiki_260x220.jpg

and plus Eli cannot lead a team with no running game, and Brandon Jacobs is not a legit RB in my mind.

neko4
07-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Added more what? Overpriced crap they bring in year after year and never get any better with?

Laron and Fletcher. Fletcher is a different pickup than Lloyd and Antwan, hes a proven, pro-bowl, MLB.

GB12
07-11-2007, 12:12 PM
The Lions will have a better record than the Giants.

Jughead10
07-11-2007, 12:15 PM
The Lions will have a better record than the Giants.

Can we bet on that.

Hines
07-11-2007, 12:16 PM
the left side of the line is pretty week...the right side is still solid...the d is good and i expect them to start ross over webster(i really liked him coming outta college)...but since madison is getting old,and ross is a rookie i really expect people to air it out on them...but they do have a pair of nice safties that i like...dline is solid and i like their linebackers,specially torbor.i think amani should be the number 4 reciever imo..reason is hes getting older and i think moss and smith could handle the slot and number 2 by themselves..buress is still a question mark because of his ability to show up on every play..eli will play inconsistant and idk about the rb's yet...so for my projection i think a 7-9 or 8-8 is not outta the question.

LTgiants
07-11-2007, 03:30 PM
wow i find it funny that people who dont know anyting about our team and probably cant even name half the people even on the team without looking them up on the internet are gonna come here and say stuff like there are more questions then answers and that we are gonna finish last. the only thing that isn't surprising but this thread is that people hate on eli

scottyboy
07-11-2007, 08:01 PM
i would love to make love to cutlerchris. many are just forgetting the fact the strahan, osi, and amani were out for the majority of the year(all 2nd half) and the fact we cut Emmnos. Emmons was so bad the stench of his game distracted the rest of our defense.

i want to just say one thing about Jacobs: i love the guy, and his size/speed combo is amazing, yet he isnt proven. With this, no one should say yea he cant carry the load, or he's gonna go for 1500+ yards easy. he's unproven, say that is you're gonna hate on him, but dont say, he's not a "legit RB" cuz thats just absurd, you've never seen him carry the load...

simms2clayton
07-11-2007, 08:03 PM
And with the first pick in the 2008 NFL Draft the New York Giants select...just kidding, but I don't see the Giants coming close to the playoffs.

eacantdraft
07-17-2007, 12:57 PM
wow i find it funny that people who dont know anyting about our team and probably cant even name half the people even on the team without looking them up on the internet are gonna come here and say stuff like there are more questions then answers and that we are gonna finish last. the only thing that isn't surprising but this thread is that people hate on eli

People who aren't fans or haters of teams judge them more accurately than homer fans.

How the Giants do depends on how well Jacobs do. Eli has shown he can't carry the team yet by himself. It also depends on whether Plax and Shockey continue to care more about their stats than winning games.

I will say the Giants will play to another .500 season. This time though, a 8-8 record will not get them in the playoffs.

LTgiants
07-17-2007, 01:37 PM
People who aren't fans or haters of teams judge them more accurately than homer fans.

How the Giants do depends on how well Jacobs do. Eli has shown he can't carry the team yet by himself. It also depends on whether Plax and Shockey continue to care more about their stats than winning games.

I will say the Giants will play to another .500 season. This time though, a 8-8 record will not get them in the playoffs.

are you calling me a homer?

and you are without a doubt that most negative giants fan i have ever seen all you do is talk bs

and not all people who arent fan's dont judge teams more accuratley

ricky bobby
07-17-2007, 04:13 PM
People look at the loss of Tiki and think that it's the end of the world. We lost a 5'11" 200 pound RB. He was nothing spectacular physically, he succeeded because he used our offensive linemen extremely well and was a patient, smart player. Our offensive line will be the same for the most part, except for the loss of Petitgout, whom we have been trying to replace for the last 5 years. I personally applaud Reese for getting rid of all the old and injury prone players. I personally think our running game will be very good this year. Jacobs is an absolute monster. Somebody on satellite radio recently said that he expects Jacobs to have a Larry Johnson type of year. I wouldn't go that far, but he is still going to have a very good season. I know it's simple to say 'the Giants will do bad because they lost Tiki'. We went 8-8 in a year in which he were riddled with injuries and had a tough schedule. Eli will have two more recievers than he did last year in Moss and Smith, our schedule will be easier, and there's no way we lose 7 starters on defense again. Keeping all that in mind, I can't see how it's far fetched for us to win 2 - 3 more games. 11-5 is a bit overly optimistic, so i'm going to go 10-6.

BaLLiN
07-17-2007, 09:26 PM
6-10 or 7-9

HerthaFootballFan
07-27-2007, 12:36 PM
I think that the offense will be strong but on defense they will give up many big play.

trkaline
07-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Eli is one of the most over-hyped players to ever play the game and he can win football games but when he came into the league everyone thought what ever team he went to was gonna be instantly transformed into Voltron....but any way with the loss of Tiki im not too familiar with there backups, there looking at a situation...

NY+Giants=NYG
07-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Eli is one of the most over-hyped players to ever play the game and he can win football games but when he came into the league everyone thought what ever team he went to was gonna be instantly transformed into Voltron....but any way with the loss of Tiki im not too familiar with there backups, there looking at a situation...

I personally dont why people thought that. As far over hyped, I think that's hardly the case. I would say most unfairly ripped more like it. Guy started two full seasons and people rip him like he has played 7 years and never panned out... almost like Vick. He gets more grief now than Vick, Carr, or Harrington ever got. But hopefully he progresses this year.

trkaline
07-27-2007, 05:34 PM
He gets ripped because he was over hyped.

NY+Giants=NYG
07-27-2007, 08:38 PM
He gets ripped because he was over hyped.

No he gets ripped because:

1. draft scenerio
2. He is a manning
3. Plays in NY

This is pretty much the issue, factor in our harsh NY media, and then the national media later on, no wonder.

trkaline
07-27-2007, 08:54 PM
No he gets ripped because:

1. draft scenerio
2. He is a manning
3. Plays in NY

This is pretty much the issue, factor in our harsh NY media, and then the national media later on, no wonder.

Exactly he is a Manning, Because of the bar his brother has set they expect alot more from him. If he had any other name it wouldn't be like that, hype caused from having a Superstar for a brother and not living up to that stadard yet=overhyped...

NY+Giants=NYG
07-27-2007, 11:08 PM
Exactly he is a Manning, Because of the bar his brother has set they expect alot more from him. If he had any other name it wouldn't be like that, hype caused from having a Superstar for a brother and not living up to that stadard yet=overhyped...

Yeah but it's not like he is getting attention for anything but bad reasons. because of the factors I listed in the previous post above, he gets ripped on by people unfairly. At this point it's semantics. He may be talked about way too much, but I would say he isnt hyped in a good way. In college he was a sick player, and now had two above avg seasons for a young qb, but still needs to progress. If people saw the positive in his play and stats he isnt as bad as some qbs that come into a system where they are asked to throw alot.

trkaline
07-27-2007, 11:27 PM
Definantly I agree with that but in the beginning thats how it was and yea its bad now but thats because of the great expectations of being little brother, and thats why he gets mixed review's in the NFL. He has the potential, but the major problem was everyone fitted him with the brand of Golden Boy and thats why he gets all that stuff. He is a solid qb but that right there will shadow his whole career, just like any "High Profile" players that get drafted...

HerthaFootballFan
07-28-2007, 08:08 AM
off my friend's myspace

Sep 9 @Dallas 8:15pm
I think we won't start the season hot and we'll struggle in our opening day loss to dallas, although I personally don't think Wade Phillips is much of a head coach and I have questions about how their Oline will gel, but those quality running backs and D should be enough to beat us.
0-1

Sep 16 Green Bay 1:00pm
Our first win will come in our first home game, while Green Bay has a great future along the oline and on the defensive side of the ball, on Offense I'm not sold on Morency at all and Favre can only throw Jennings and Driver so many bullets before bad things happen.
1-1

Sep 23 @Washington 4:15pm
I really like our chances against a washington team that still won't be good against the pass or have the size up front to stuff Brandon Jacobs, Fletcher will help but with his age he has lost some mobility and so may still be getting comfortable in Greg Williams' scheme.
2-1

Sep 30 Philadelphia 8:15pm
I got no idea on this one, they have a better oline, more explosive running game and a better QB, but I still don't think they have the size on D to stop Jacobs and so Jacobs should help free up Eli to find Plax and Sinorice deep. So I'm leaning philly but if we pulled it out I wouldn't be shocked.
2-2

Oct 7 N.Y. Jets 1:00pm
I like the jets a lot but their defense still has to rush the passer better and on O they've gotta keep Pennington upright, Osi and Strahan on the edges may be too much for D'Brickashaw and Clements. With us on O i think that Shockey should have a big day.
2-3

Oct 15 @Atlanta 8:30pm
We should beat the falcons and their smaller, speedier defense, but their offense should be terrible.
3-3

Oct 21 San Francisco 1:00pm
Personally I still feel the 9ers are a year away. On defense I think that Nate Clements is by far the most over-rated CB in the league, judging by his monster contract, he isn't nearly as good at sticking to receivers as you'd think. The defense also is somewhat lacking along the defensive line and safety is still a big concern. On O i think that their RBs will be very successful next year but I could see AP and our front 7 really slow Gore which would make Alex Smith win the game and with Jackson being inconsistent and Davis being raw he might not be ready to carry them, even against our poor pass D.
4-3

Oct 28 @Miami (London) 12:00pm
Miami is easily one of the weaker teams in the league as their Oline is simply atrocious despite having gifted youngsters. Ronnie Brown needs to show his top 5 skills this year or face the bust label and Green will be a sitting duck behind this oline. I think Ginn will be a deadly returner but I don't expect too much from him this year so I'd say the easiest win on our schedule.0
5-3

Nov 11 Dallas 4:15pm
We should know by this time if we're really in a bad way or not, I'll just assume a loss though since I think Ware could make Diehl look foolish and I dunno if Ross and Webster will be able to stick with Glenn and TO long enough for Osi and Strahan to knock out Romo.
5-4

Nov 18 @Detroit 4:15pm
Detroit is a team really turning themselves around, but if the interior oline doesn't improve and KJ prove himself as a runner this team could be seriously crippled at keeping possession. On D they have a lot of young guys but overall they're just not good enough yet. Shockey and Plax will make their secondary look silly.
6-4

Nov 25 Minnesota 1:00pm
I like Travaris Jackson but if the Minnesota oline doesn't gel he could be in for a terrible season. Hopefully for him they do gel. If the oline settles Minnesota could be a playoff team despite lacking big play ability on offense, which is good given our secondary's anticipated aptitude to give up the big play. When on O it'll be tough to move the ball for Brandon Jacobs and the running game against the Vikings DTs. This'll be a close fought game but eventually i think our big play ability will be the difference.
7-4

Dec 2 @Chicago 4:15pm
Unless the oline gels completely and the defense can get pressure from all over this game won't be close. If those things do happen we have a shot to wear down the bears run d with Jacobs and Droughns but I wouldn't bet on it.
7-5

Dec 9 @Philadelphia 1:00pm
At Philly in december? I have questions about the eagles run d and receivers but I'm still betting on the iggles to beat us.
7-6

Dec 16 Washington 8:15pm
I just don't see the skins being very good with no pass rush on D. Cambell is a great young QB in the making, but I just don't think he's savvy enough to figure out how to work best with his smallish receivers. Jacobs should rack up big time yardage in this game.
8-6

Dec 23 @Buffalo 1:00pm
I'll hopefully be at this game as I'm going to move to buffalo soon and should be getting season tickets so I'll get to see first hand how the young bills develop and if they can beat my beloved giants. It should be a good game as I expect the Bills to be dangerous late in the season with losman to Evans going smoother, the oline gelling more and Lynch gaining experience. On D they still need a top DE IMO, but they should be scrappy and make this a good winter game.
9-6

Dec 29 New England 8:15pm
I really hope we don't need a win here because we're probably lossing this game.
9-7

Overall Record: 9-7
But we could easily win or loss 2-3 more games depending on Eli's raising to leader status, Diehl's transition to LT, Jacobs reaction to his new work load, and the defenses ability to create pressure before holes in coverage appear.

Jonny
07-28-2007, 01:34 PM
Can't see a loss to the Jets.

HerthaFootballFan
07-28-2007, 04:20 PM
Pennington is extremely accurate and they're D is very well coached so I agree that that will be a tough game.

BaLLiN
07-30-2007, 10:24 AM
whenever the giants play the jets in the preseason, they get dominated, it is a preseason game, but i can't see the jets beating the giants.